Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 11:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I would close my eyes and open them as they started the IV, I did this 3 times.  I finally asked when are you going to start, they said we're  already finished!

WHAAAT!
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The appropriate response to any discomfort or pain = "Using the whole fist doc?"

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-24-2017/o4PVJ_.gif
View Quote
Fletch and Heavy Metal in the same thread
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one 3 weeks ago... I have UC so I get them every 2 years.  Prep is definitely the rough part.  Propofol burns a little going in but before you realize it you're awake in your room.  Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck.
Just remember, the procedure has put more people in the hospital then they actually save.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 5:29:02 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll be so high after procedure you won't even know it.
Be careful making ANY decisions until the next day. Shit made me want to look at motorcycle dealerships and kick tires. Almost bought something stupid and expensive.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 5:46:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good luck.
Just remember, the procedure has put more people in the hospital then they actually save.
View Quote
Bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 6:18:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Best BLT ever

I don't remember anything past "Turn all the way over on to your left side".

Next thing they were waking me up. I did sit up a little too quickly and almost face planted but nothing too exciting other than that.

For some reason, "Brown chicken brown cow" is stuck in my head though
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I put it off for years.

The Doc finally said to do the Cologard deal, so I did. There's no prep.

He never got back to me, so, it's over.

For a while.
View Quote
I got a Cologard kit in the mail yesterday.  Basically, I just have to shit into a plastic jar.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
You amateurs and your colonoscopy threads

<--------annual here since 2006
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The procedure isn't the rough part. The prep is the rough part.  The rough, then tender, sensitive, inflamed and chapped monkey butt part.
View Quote
Wrong.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Still waiting for the story behind (!) this...
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#14]
eat a bunch of taco bell beforehand
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't get put under for mine but then again my dentist did it kind of spur of the moment which I thought was odd.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You'll be so high after procedure you won't even know it.
Be careful making ANY decisions until the next day. Shit made me want to look at motorcycle dealerships and kick tires. Almost bought something stupid and expensive.
View Quote
I stopped at a Ferrari dealership.  Smarmy bastards didn't even come outside.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Might be the most apropos gif ever posted.
View Quote
I also would like to know the backstory of that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good for you for getting an early appt.  Mine was in the afternoon, I was STARVING by then and had screaming caffeine withdraw.
View Quote
I have a bidet. The prep was effortless thanks to that.

The starvation was the worst part by far for me.

And I was kind of surprised that there were no less than a dozen people in the fucking room too when the wheeled me in.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#19]
mine is in 2 hours.  Prep wasn’t as bad this time.  I literally just didn’t drink or eat anything other than the prep and required water intake on the instructions.

Nothing going in apparently means nothing coming out.  Much easier this way
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I’m 36 so I don’t think I have to do one too soon. Sometimes I wouldn’t mind doing the prep just to clean the system out every once in awhile
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Everyone needs to post their Colonoscopy adventure
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I also would like to know the backstory of that.
View Quote
From 2015(?)
If you had to guess which country was most likely to produce a video wherein a sporting event is interrupted by a moment involving a player’s naked butt being sprayed with a mysterious substance, which would you choose? If your thought (like mine) was the Netherlands, you were so close. Belgium is the setting for this pseudo-sexual scene, in a match-up between Jupiler League (the top Belgian division) sides Charleroi and Club Brugge.
Charleroi’s Javier Martos hurt his butt, and medical technology has apparently advanced to the point that one can immediately ice an injury with a cold spray applied with what looks like a giant caulking gun. In this case, the spray was applied to Martos’ butt. Martos appeared to be in serious pain, but thank goodness he wound up being okay, because it’s impossible to stop laughing at the faces he makes while being sprayed like a child who sat on a hill of fire ants.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I didn't get put under for mine but then again my dentist did it kind of spur of the moment which I thought was odd.
View Quote

Did he have both hands on your shoulders during the procedure?
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#25]
it is the most relaxing 15 minute nap ever! love that drug.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Preliminary results nothing too exciting. One polyp that got sent off for testing and some diverticulosis (kind of a bummer but not totally unexpected).

Full consult after biopsy results are in.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Preliminary results nothing too exciting. One polyp that got sent off for testing and some diverticulosis (kind of a bummer but not totally unexpected).

Full consult after biopsy results are in.
View Quote
If you had a polyp then you will have to do another colonoscopy in at least 5 yrs.  My first one I had a small polyp so I had to do it again 5 yrs later (this year).  No polyp this time but doc said to still do it in another 5 yrs.  And since these are now considered diagnostic and not just routine because of the polyp I will have to pay a portion instead of being covered 100% like a routine one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I am 57 , never had one (yet) and still in the exit only club.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a upper and lower scoping. This will my my first experience with this. So what foods are you eating ? I'm getting my paper work tomorrow  all I know is clear liquids. ( so I said "like vodka?" they said no! )

If I don't eat I get a little sick and mean. So what are you eating the day before and day of? My appointment is at 10 am so I can skip eating the day of it. Do I have to fast for 24 hours?

Never in my life did I think I would have to pay strange men to drug me and Oral and Anal rape me with robot dicks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am 57 , never had one (yet) and still in the exit only club.
View Quote
Highly recommended for anyone over 50.   I watched a FIL die from colon cancer and it’s a bad way to go out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a upper and lower scoping. This will my my first experience with this. So what foods are you eating ? I'm getting my paper work tomorrow  all I know is clear liquids. ( so I said "like vodka?" they said no! )

If I don't eat I get a little sick and mean. So what are you eating the day before and day of? My appointment is at 10 am so I can skip eating the day of it. Do I have to fast for 24 hours?

Never in my life did I think I would have to pay strange men to drug me and Oral and Anal rape me with robot dicks.
View Quote
I ate one or two small meals a day. Easily digested foods. Ramen noodle, toast or eggs.

Don't eat any whole grains or nuts and no raw fruit or veggies for a few days prior. Don't starve, but just curb what and how much you eat temporarily. Your doctor should have sent you a list of what to avoid.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jello, as long as it's not red.
Broth and ramen noodles is good, too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I’m 36 so I don’t think I have to do one too soon. Sometimes I wouldn’t mind doing the prep just to clean the system out every once in awhile
View Quote
You think that now. You will shit out a crayon you chewed when you were 3. And the smell will kill small furry animals and birds.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Highly recommended for anyone over 50.   I watched a FIL die from colon cancer and it’s a bad way to go out.
View Quote
This. I watched a friend in his 40's die from colon cancer. He ignored early symptoms and by time he went to the doctor it had spread to his liver. He was dead in less than 3 years after they discovered it.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top