Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:49:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, the quake was supposed to hit D.C. not Indonesia. Halliburton needs to aim better next time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tsunami warning for Indonesia has been canceled.  

After reading what the data represents, the graph isn’t showing wave heights:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53154/018D7CE8-1E4E-40D8-9FCD-8226DB313F9B_jpe-2203439.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53154/018D7CE8-1E4E-40D8-9FCD-8226DB313F9B_jpe-2203439.JPG

I dunno man. It seems like they are reporting estimated "sea surface height".

The BPR collects temperature and pressure at 15-second intervals. The pressure values are corrected for temperature effects and the pressure converted to an estimated sea-surface height (height of the ocean surface above the seafloor) by using a constant 670 mm/psia. The system has two data reporting modes, standard and event. The system operates routinely in standard mode, in which four spot values (of the 15-s data) at 15-minute intervals of the estimated sea surface height are reported at scheduled transmission times. When the internal detection software (Mofjeld) identifies an event, the system ceases standard mode reporting and begins event mode transmissions. In event mode, 15-second values are transmitted during the initial few minutes, followed by 1-minute averages. Event mode messages also contain the time of the initial occurrence of the event. The system returns to standard transmission after 4 hours of 1-minute real-time transmissions if no further events are detected.

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/dart/dart.shtml

I also think that must have been bad data.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/594A4950-FFB4-4495-86CA-DCC5A9F66A45_jpe-2203377.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:54:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Need a 7.6 to hit the three gorges dam
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:54:29 AM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes

Hillary will step in to save the day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:55:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damn, the quake was supposed to hit D.C. not Indonesia. Halliburton needs to aim better next time.
View Quote
If you want to kill commies, bring some Indonesians over as refugees. They have an interesting track record.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The BPR collects temperature and pressure at 15-second intervals. The pressure values are corrected for temperature effects and the pressure converted to an estimated sea-surface height (height of the ocean surface above the seafloor) by using a constant 670 mm/psia. The system has two data reporting modes, standard and event. The system operates routinely in standard mode, in which four spot values (of the 15-s data) at 15-minute intervals of the estimated sea surface height are reported at scheduled transmission times. When the internal detection software (Mofjeld) identifies an event, the system ceases standard mode reporting and begins event mode transmissions. In event mode, 15-second values are transmitted during the initial few minutes, followed by 1-minute averages. Event mode messages also contain the time of the initial occurrence of the event. The system returns to standard transmission after 4 hours of 1-minute real-time transmissions if no further events are detected.

Yeah, seems like it is showing sea surface height.  

Bad data, then.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:00:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
so a nothing burger... back to your regular scheduled GD post whoring
View Quote

Yeah I’m off to bed.  If I wake up to standing water on my second floor in Virginia then I’ll know shit went sideways.  Good night GD.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bad data, then.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad data, then.  

I think so. The closest station didn’t show anything out of the ordinary.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:01:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is this anywhere near the volcano that erupted a few weeks ago there?
View Quote

Off to Dutchsinse.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:04:19 AM EDT
[#11]
are yall hoping something happens? lol, didnt they say everything was cancelled and no warnings anymore? or has something else happened
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:12:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
are yall hoping something happens? lol, didnt they say everything was cancelled and no warnings anymore? or has something else happened
View Quote

I didn't see anyone hoping for anything to happen, anyone that would hope people got killed in something like this would be pretty heartless.

GD claim to fame is breaking news, and we're pretty darn good at it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:16:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Climate change.

Trump's fault.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:21:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Climate change.

Trump's fault.
View Quote

They’ll try
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:06:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:22:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't see anyone hoping for anything to happen, anyone that would hope people got killed in something like this would be pretty heartless.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yea i know, bad time for sarcasm on my part... was making light of the earlier post that the warnings got cancelled yet folks were still worked up about a tsunami.. just poking alittle fun.. and believe me i know about this place ive been around for a minute
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ahhh, the ol' PSIA switcheroo.  Gets me every time.

The fuck is that?   I was a History major.  
View Quote
Millimeters. not METERS. Fucking thousandths.
Fucking graph was bullshit, made it look like a 20 METER WAVE in open ocean....  
20 millimeters is a cunt hair wider than 3/4 of an INCH...
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 4:10:45 AM EDT
[#18]
glad its a nothing burger
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 4:44:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

yea i know, bad time for sarcasm on my part... was making light of the earlier post that the warnings got cancelled yet folks were still worked up about a tsunami.. just poking alittle fun.. and believe me i know about this place ive been around for a minute
View Quote

No worries man, to be honest it's been a rough couple days, and I was being a little bitch.

Sorry to take it out on you, we need to be able to laugh at one another.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#20]
just looking at her makes me want to puke
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#21]
not really a good analogy...the plates are already underwater
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#22]
sooooooo

they escaped trgedy?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Will it cause heart problems too?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top