Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Huh. Thats pretty fucked.

I second that
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Despite being a complete disgrace, it's funny in an ironic way considering how they were pretending to be so "pro veteran" and patriotic the entire time.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Shit, I know next to nothing about naval ships, and I knew from that radar antenna thingy that it wasn't American.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Despite being a complete disgrace, it's funny in an ironic way considering how they were pretending to be so "pro veteran" and patriotic the entire time.

they don't care, they'll never care, and fuck HIMBO
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Bunch of lazy cunts.

What did the DNC do... put an intern in charge of graphics?

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Did any other news outlet mention this fuck-up?
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking traitors!

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Ha!  That's about as good as their F'up in this '06 ad.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they don't care, they'll never care
, and fuck HIMBO

Agreed.  I imagine this was a case of stupidity/ laziness more than anything, but I'm surprised that a retired Admiral wouldn't notice.

I just noticed all of the signs that say "thank you."  I guess that's a bit of insight as to how they view the role of .gov: the provider of gifts...what a joke.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#11]
The "Thank You" cards just underscores their cluelessness and insincerity. It just completes the picture.

So full of fail.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/treadhead/dncvets2.jpg

Hmmm that looks like Canadian Army with the insignia on the cover photoshopped out.  

The democrats really need to find some new morans to do their graphic work.  Or maybe this was just a subtle healthcare commentary.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bunch of lazy cunts.

What did the DNC do... put an intern in charge of graphics?

They are all interns. Amateurs.......

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm that looks like Canadian Army with the insignia on the cover photoshopped out.  

The democrats really need to find some new morans to do their graphic work.  Or maybe this was just a subtle healthcare commentary.

Wow

can see how some lazy ass could use Russian ships from some free clip art

but that ad with the Photoshopped blindly obvious foreign soldier is beyond pathetic

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't think it was deliberate.  These people are tards.  A boat is a boat.  They see no difference, therefore, there must not be a difference.

They are ignorant AND they don't care because they are so much smarter than everyone else.

TC

Come on now, don't make excuses. You know darn well they had to practice it several times with the admiral. Even he should have caught it instantly. An admiral of his rank should at least recognize his own ships even if he can't identify the soviets. The fact no one caught it says a lot about where their loyalty, brains and integrity lie.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#16]
the DNC is a sad/pathetic joke

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#17]

but the liberals say they love our military!

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#18]
It would be funny if it wasn't so wrong and just so typical.  

They will say anything, and I'm starting to seriously believe they'll DO anything, to keep their grip on power.

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow

can see how some lazy ass could use Russian ships from some free clip art

but that ad with the Photoshopped blindly obvious foreign soldier is beyond pathetic

I can excuse the Russian ship pic, but that '06 ad has to be deliberate––or just monumental stupidity. You would think that when they realize they have to Photoshop the guy  to hide the fact that he's foreign, they would just find a   pic of an actual US soldier. Couldn't take more than 1 second on Google images.

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 1:46:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 2:17:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I'm not too surprised.

Rather see mistakes like this all the time.

After 9/11, I believe, there was a publication in the supermarket checkout stands about America's Military Might. In the 4 picture cover, it showed the Marines, the Army, the Air Force, and the Navy. The catch was the picture for the Navy was some ship with a 47 on it's hull....but it wasn't USN. I believe, as I recall, it was some other Navy's, perhaps Peru at the time, Lupo class.

Saw a news report a few years ago where the reader was talking about security forces training on a 747 airliner....and the footage clearly showed a DC-10 (or visa versa).

In these days of rapid search engines and not much care for fact checking, I suspect someone who didn't know took the best looking image their search produced. Admittedly, a Kara class cruisers is

a beautiful, armed to the teeth ship. Just like a Peruvian Lupo.

If one wanted a picture of an impressive ship, those are potential choices.

Of course, impressive looking does not necessarily mean effective these days. If an airburst takes out those SAM launchers on the Kara, those missiles in the magazine are useless.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 2:24:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 2:25:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Notice the position of the hands? A very successful salesman taught me how to shake hands years ago and what hand positioning meant. Commie fuckstick on the left is assuming a position of dominance to the commie fuckstick on the right. The next move not shown in the picture is to turn around and take a dump in front of O.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 2:50:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Retards; look at that friggin boxspring at the top of that mast. how can you not tell that's not ours?

You mean like this box spring?

Mention a "box spring" and the first thing I will think about is an SPS-29.

Quoted:
So, you're suggesting that there weren't any other current/former squids or navy enthusiasts that noticed the Soviet red stripes on the hulls of those ships?  

Well, I might have noticed..............but then again, I don't watch conventions.
___________________________________________________________________________________
("RA-,"-Blake calling for his clerk who responds mid-syllable, "DAR!", (w,stte), "MASH")
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 3:32:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Democrats don't take a dump without a plan.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 3:40:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Freakin idiots can't even load pics correctly, let alone run this country...
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 3:44:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Not so subtle hint.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 4:42:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Here the fuckups of the Russian designers:

(Russian web-site of the Union of military sailors)

(The Army Day card)

(The Conscript Day poster)

(The Army Day card)

(The Army Day card)

(The Army Day animated card)
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 5:01:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For the record, I'm Rob Barker.  I was in the Navy for eight years, from 1998 to 2006.  I was an EW before my rate was merged with the CTT's.  It took me all of five minutes to find the orig pic online.  The aircraft are wrong config for su-25, F-15 and F-18.  They do match up nice with an F-5.  Here is the orig pic that the DNC used.  http://warfare.ru/0702ey70/update/september2010/5/1134.jpg

Nice. Welcome aboard.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I seem to recall them doing this with German WW2 footage before.
ETA: hm close but not really i guess. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nc-candidate-supports-troops-flier-shows-germans/

Link Posted: 9/12/2012 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#32]
it's part of the 2nd term "flexibility" that Zero was talking with Medvedev about at that summit.
We're going to scrap our Navy and just let the Russians run the oceans.
We can trust them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top