BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 1:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
Bad Batch season 2 airs at midnight tonight, in case anyone is interested. Not sure if it’ll warrant its own thread, but I’m looking forward to it.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://media.tenor.com/8z0isvHBHO4AAAAC/star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif
View Quote

Ah, sweet - I thought it was a couple days off still.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Bad Batch season 2 airs at midnight tonight, in case anyone is interested. Not sure if it'll warrant its own thread, but I'm looking forward to it.   \_( )_/

Solid first 2 episodes with an unexpected moment at the end.  Rampart is cold.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By liljim11:
View All Quotes
Bad Batch season 2 airs at midnight tonight, in case anyone is interested. Not sure if it'll warrant its own thread, but I'm looking forward to it.   \_( )_/

After Tipoca City, does it really surprise you?  Rounded up anyone useful, killed off some who weren't, then sunk the city into the ocean.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:25:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904] [#4]
View All Quotes

Rampart’s a dick

Also,
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Rampart’s a dick

Also,
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Rampart’s a dick

Also,
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
That obvious Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade moment in episode 2.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Echo having a personality for once and there seemed to be a bit of a difference between Tech and Echo's personalities.

I wonder if they end up having to ditch their armor altogether for something a bit less obvious?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
That obvious Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade moment in episode 2.
View Quote

I find that if I just sit down and think, the solution presents itself.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Do we have an official Bad Batch season 2 thread?

Tonight's episode was really good. I feel like we are getting a return to some of the hard kitting storytelling we haven't seen in a while.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Tonight's episode was really good. I feel like we are getting a return to some of the hard kitting storytelling we haven't seen in a while.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

No season 2 thread that I know of but I’m happy to discuss it here…

Great episode. It’s always good to get more clone/battle droid action. I’m glad that Cody walked away from it all. Maybe we’ll see him meet up with Obiwan some day and apologize for blasting him off a cliff.

Crosshair can see what’s going on but can’t seem to help the fact that he’s a cold blooded killer. I’m not sure he even needs redemption at this point. He’s fine with who he is.

The one thing that bothered me about this episode was the tactical droid’s voice. Every tactical droid ever has had the same voice but this one is….female? Wtf is up with that? At least it got smoked like the rest of them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Fast forward,  Cody was the homeless clone in the OWK show
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Great episode. It’s always good to get more clone/battle droid action. I’m glad that Cody walked away from it all. Maybe we’ll see him meet up with Obiwan some day and apologize for blasting him off a cliff.

Crosshair can see what’s going on but can’t seem to help the fact that he’s a cold blooded killer. I’m not sure he even needs redemption at this point. He’s fine with who he is.

The one thing that bothered me about this episode was the tactical droid’s voice. Every tactical droid ever has had the same voice but this one is….female? Wtf is up with that? At least it got smoked like the rest of them.
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Yeah, I really like how this episode and the last show the increasing "non-reliability" of the clones to the Empire, as the clones were raised and trained to be honorable and principled and the new reality rewards corruption and bloodlust. It better shows the transition to the more politically reliable but less competent Stormtroopers we all know and love.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Fast forward,  Cody was the homeless clone in the OWK show
View Quote

No, the homeless clone had 501st paint on his armor. Cody commanded the 7th Sky Corps.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#13]

No, the homeless clone had 501st paint on his armor. Cody commanded the 7th Sky Corps.
View Quote

Fine
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Fine
View All Quotes

Fine

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 1:03:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Good episode.  Maybe the best of the series so far.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I suggest re-naming this thread to "Disney+ Star Wars Series Magathread" or somehting like that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

I suggest re-naming this thread to "Disney+ Star Wars Series Magathread" or somehting like that.
View All Quotes

Done
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:56:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: centurian318] [#18]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

Yeah, I really like how this episode and the last show the increasing "non-reliability" of the clones to the Empire, as the clones were raised and trained to be honorable and principled and the new reality rewards corruption and bloodlust. It better shows the transition to the more politically reliable but less competent Stormtroopers we all know and love.
View Quote

The Clones were trained by Mandolrians in both combat and in their code of honor.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Done
View All Quotes

Done

In before a new round of Disney haters reply to the title change.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Done

I did consider that. Fuck ‘em.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By centurian318:

The Clones were trained by Mandolrians in both combat and in their code of honor.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By centurian318:

Is that supposed to contradict what I said?

There's only so much you can do with a recruit pool versus a cohort with hand picked genetics and raised from birth into a culture, a culture now very different from that the Empire represents.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Episodes 1 and 2 weren't sucking me in, but 3 was a banger.  I can't believe after 15 years we're still getting great Clone Wars stories.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Is that supposed to contradict what I said?

There's only so much you can do with a recruit pool versus a cohort with hand picked genetics and raised from birth into a culture, a culture now very different from that the Empire represents.
View Quote

No just to add to it, The Grand Army of the Republic wasn’t known for committing war crimes against non combatants. Forcing the clones to follow Order 66 and removing their free will with the inhibitor chip, left its mark upon all of them. Even more so since it looks like the effects of the chip is wearing off on the clones.

Commander Cody going AWOL would be the equivalent of a 4 star or chairman of the joint Chiefs going AWOL.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Episode 3 was fantastic and it was great seeing Cody and Crosshair at odds. I think by the end of all this, Crosshair will sacrifice himself for Omega and Clone Force 99.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Our daughter had us all watch it from the beginning Starting around Thanksgiving.

It has been a great show, each season has gotten better and better. My BIL we talking about ESG and digital currency at Chris's. I referenced the episode in first season of Bad Batch where the Clones had to pay for a service with the new credit system the Empire had rolled out (shoot, maybe it was a bounty hunter that demanded it). Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 5:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#27]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Rampart’s a dick

Also,
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Chris0013:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I found it interesting that Rampart didn't question Crosshair about it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Watched last nights episode. Man, it was pretty powerful. I felt really bad for Cody and it was really hard to cheer for the clones. I was torn. It was cool seeing Battle Droid on Clone action again but it was weird rooting against the clones. The role reversal is strange seeing the clones as the bad guys.

At the end of the episode part of me wants to see Crosshair get his. But at the same time it would be nice to see him redeemed.

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#30]

I found it interesting that Rampart didn't question Crosshair about it.
View Quote

That's because he's setting Crosshair up. He knows it eventually Crosshair decides to find the BB that he can use him to wipe them out
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Watched last nights episode. Man, it was pretty powerful. I felt really bad for Cody and it was really hard to cheer for the clones. I was torn. It was cool seeing Battle Droid on Clone action again but it was weird rooting against the clones. The role reversal is strange seeing the clones as the bad guys.

At the end of the episode part of me wants to see Crosshair get his. But at the same time it would be nice to see him redeemed.

View Quote

It was a redemption episode for the series, as the first two on week one were kind of cliché and weak.

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#32]
S2E3 renewed my love for the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:23:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#33]
Here's something that's been bothering me since the first season of The Bad Batch. CT-7567 "Rex" is still referred to as "Captain". Am I the only one who remembers that he was promoted to "Commander" during the Seige of Mandalore? It happened right after Anakin presented Ahsoka with her new light sabers and then created the 332nd Division within the 501st. He gave command of the 332nd Division to Ahsoka but she refused command because she was no longer a Commander for the Republic, so Anakin promoted Rex to Commander so he could lead the 332nd.

Was this a temporary command? It's always bugged me that he's still referred to as "Captain Rex" when in fact; at least to me,  he's on the same level as Cody as a Commander.

Maybe I'm just a dork but I clearly remember him getting promoted to Commander rank and its bugged me that he's still been referred to as "Captain" in The Bad Batch. And yes, I realize he was called "Captain" in Rebels but that show ended a year or so before Season 7 of The Clone Wars came out. I'm definitely being nit picky.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Here's something that's been bothering me since the first season of The Bad Batch. CT-7567 "Rex" is still referred to as "Captain". Am I the only one who remembers that he was promoted to "Commander" during the Seige of Mandalore? It happened right after Anakin presented Ahsoka with her new light sabers and then created the 332nd Division within the 501st. He gave command of the 332nd Division to Ahsoka but she refused command because she was no longer a Commander for the Republic, so Anakin promoted Rex to Commander so he could lead the 332nd.

Was this a temporary command? It's always bugged me that he's still referred to as "Captain Rex" when in fact; at least to me,  he's on the same level as Cody as a Commander.

Maybe I'm just a dork but I clearly remember him getting promoted to Commander rank and its bugged me that he's still been referred to as "Captain" in The Bad Batch. And yes, I realize he was called "Captain" in Rebels but that show ended a year or so before Season 7 of The Clone Wars came out. I'm definitely being nit picky.
View Quote
Maybe it was a brevet promotion? The US Army operetes a brevet promotion program and it is intended to alleviate critical shortages of officers to better leverage the talents of junior officer, and to incentivize retention of those officer's in whom the Army invested for education and experience.

Maybe the Grand Army of the Republic did the same.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:55:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#35]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Maybe it was a brevet promotion? The US Army operetes a brevet promotion program and it is intended to alleviate critical shortages of officers to better leverage the talents of junior officer, and to incentivize retention of those officer's in whom the Army invested for education and experience.

View All Quotes

I guess, but then why promote him at all? They could've done the same thing with Jesse since he was part of the newly formed 332nd as well. Granted he was only a lieutenant but that was still a higher rank than what Ahsoka was at the time of the Siege of Mandalore; she had no rank since she was a civilian. Anakin could have made him a Major and he'd still be in command because there was no one that I know of who was higher ranked than his at the time of the 332nds creation. They basically moved Rex into that position because he was supposed to go with Anakin. Hell, why promote Rex even when he'd be two ranks above Jesse. Was it because Jesse was an ARC trooper and Rex was just regular Army? Maybe that's why they bumped him?

I admit, I've never served so I don't know how the command structure works. Is it because Jesse was an officer of the ARC Troopers that he couldn't command both the Army and ARCs? Is that how it works in real life? A Commander in the air force can't tell the Army what to do and vise versa?

I just realized how much this has been bothering me...I'm such a dork.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Certain branches do have higher precedent than others. It stems from POWs, but an infantry lieutenant has more authority than a chaplain captain...
It's sort of complicated and I'm going of memory.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Jesse accuses Rex of treason. Skip to 1:10

Jesse accuses Rex of treason - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 7 Episode 12

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Oh, I forgot about that.
View All Quotes

It did very much seem like a way they could explain how Tex could lead the 332nd but then by the end of it all still be Captain. But, whatever, those last four episodes of season 7 were phenomenal. Best animated SW to date, imho.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#40]

It did very much seem like a way they could explain how Tex could lead the 332nd but then by the end of it all still be Captain. But, whatever, those last four episodes of season 7 were phenomenal. Best animated SW to date, imho.
View All Quotes

Yeah, now that I watched that clip again it makes sense that he'd be referred to as a Captain again. BUT, no one other than the two droids and Ahsoka know that since the entirety of the 332nd is dead. His demotion wasn't official, there was no trial, I'd assume his demotion and execution would take place after a trial.

I'm still saying he's a commander.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Maybe everyone was too busy to file the paperwork.... lotta moving parts from his promotion
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Yeah, now that I watched that clip again it makes sense that he'd be referred to as a Captain again. BUT, no one other than the two droids and Ahsoka know that since the entirety of the 332nd is dead. His demotion wasn't official, there was no trial, I'd assume his demotion and execution would take place after a trial.

View All Quotes

By that same reasoning, just about everyone that knew he was promoted to Commander is dead too. And since he didn’t like being Commander anyway, AND is technically a deserter of a now defunct army (although officially he’s listed as KIA), I’d say it’s up to him what he wants to be called.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#43]

By that same reasoning, just about everyone that knew he was promoted to Commander is dead too. And since he didn’t like being Commander anyway, AND is technically a deserter of a now defunct army (although officially he’s listed as KIA), I’d say it’s up to him what he wants to be called.
View All Quotes

This absolutely true.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#45]
This is the way
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Trailer for S3 just dropped during halftime.
My body is ready
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Trailer for S3 just dropped during halftime.
My body is ready
View Quote

Yeah, that looks awesome
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#48]
The Mandalorian | Season 3 Official Trailer | Disney+
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#50]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrBz3TakK1Y
View Quote

Lol
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top