Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:42:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pair_of_ACES] [#2]
I guess I’m confused. I’m an old school OT era Star Wars fan, never watched the Clone Wars or Rebels shows. Are they getting into interdimensional type stuff here?

I dunno….seems like cheap cop out storytelling, just like any time a writer leans on time travel or ‘it was a dream’ type story telling.

I’ve read enough positive things about Filoni’s work that I’m willing to see this one through, but I hope things don’t get too hokey too fast..

On a separate note, I think we just saw our first ever live action load/reload of a Star Wars blaster
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
I guess I’m confused. I’m an old school OT era Star Wars fan, never watched the Clone Wars or Rebels shows. Are they getting into interdimensional type stuff here?

I dunno….seems like cheap cop out storytelling, just like any time a writer leans on time travel or ‘it was a dream’ type story telling.

I’ve read enough positive things about Filoni’s work that I’m willing to see this one through, but I hope things don’t get too hokey too fast..

On a separate note, I think we just saw our first ever live action load/reload of a Star Wars blaster
View Quote

In Rebels, it was used to save Ahsoka from Vader.

BUT, when the time came to save Kanan, Ezra was forced to learn that changing the past can destroy the present and because of that, would later refuse Palpatine's offer to return him to his (now deceased) parents using it to time travel. He instead apologizes to his parents and begins to fight the emperor's minions and Thrawn.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 1:35:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I do hate the inclusion of the WBW concept in Star Wars.  However, I hate the sequels even more so and tolerate WBW on the fool's hope of retconning the sequels out of existence.

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 2:06:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Both Ahsoka and Wheel of Time S2 came out at the same time and they were running neck and neck.

Ahsoka is pulling far ahead this week.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I have no idea what this concept of World Between Worlds is. No clue. So what do I need to know? Is that how Kylo connected to Rey in the new trilogy?
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
I have no idea what this concept of World Between Worlds is. No clue. So what do I need to know? Is that how Kylo connected to Rey in the new trilogy?
View Quote

It’s got to be. Doesn’t he fax her a lightsaber somehow with it? I haven’t rewatched the later 2 sequels so memory may have failed me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 8:07:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#8]
Originally Posted By macman37:

It's got to be. Doesn't he fax her a lightsaber somehow with it? I haven't rewatched the later 2 sequels so memory may have failed me.
View Quote

I don't remember that either. So the WBW isn't only in the mind but it can also take physical form?

Gotta say, this whole concept seems a bit goofy. If that were the case, why not just travel thru space and time inside these corridors instead of having a ship and making the jump thru hyperspace?
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#9]
How Does the World Between Worlds Work?

Maybe this will help
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#10]

I don't remember that either. So the WBW isn't only in the mind but it can also take physical form?

Gotta say, this whole concept seems a bit goofy. If that were the case, why not just travel thru space and time inside these corridors instead of having a ship and making the jump thru hyperspace?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It's got to be. Doesn't he fax her a lightsaber somehow with it? I haven't rewatched the later 2 sequels so memory may have failed me.

This may help...https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/World_Between_Worlds
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

There is another.

Grogu.
View Quote

Grogu. Yeah I forgot he was speaking with them that one time. Good catch
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

Grogu. Yeah I forgot he was speaking with them that one time. Good catch
View Quote
I don't think he spoke with 'em. I think he simply noticed 'em like a passenger notices dolphins swimming next to ships. Also, I think their inclusion in Mando's show was just an easter egg type thing. I'm still with Jacen hooking up via the force with the space whales.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
I don't think he spoke with 'em. I think he simply noticed 'em like a passenger notices dolphins swimming next to ships. Also, I think their inclusion in Mando's show was just an easter egg type thing. I'm still with Jacen hooking up via the force with the space whales.
View Quote

That's my thoughts on them. Although, I can say, I never seen dolphins swimming next to a ship, but then again, like the GenTech guys, I hate dolphins.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Enough time travel nonsense. Here’s some blasters to redeem this discussion. Recognize them all?

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 11:35:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#15]
That poor liberator…

WBW isn’t nearly as nuts as some of the stuff in the late EU (abeloth, the shadow force realm etc)

I’m enjoying the series. I’m also sure Ahsoka didn’t die.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

You’re not wrong, but we don’t know that ‘time travel’ is where we’re headed. I try to wait and see what happens before I start shitting on something. Except for Ep.9. I knew that was going to be garbage before it came out.

Great Scot!!

https://static1.moviewebimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/article/vsutiOLSOqguMXAqzOgOkMymcvjPif.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
Enough time travel nonsense. Here’s some blasters to redeem this discussion. Recognize them all?

https://i.ibb.co/WGrFNgK/F91-E3007-B714-4-A39-BD10-8-B991-B96-B8-DA.jpg
View Quote

I dig the scout trooper blaster. I’ve always wanted to holster one to my motorcycle but figured that was asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 2:26:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#18]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
That poor liberator…

WBW isn’t nearly as nuts as some of the stuff in the late EU (abeloth, the shadow force realm etc)

I’m enjoying the series. I’m also sure Ahsoka didn’t die.
View Quote

She's totally dead.  Just like Gandalf.

The holdout blasters are really cool.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#19]

I dig the scout trooper blaster. I’ve always wanted to holster one to my motorcycle but figured that was asking for trouble.
View Quote

They make a Nerf gun version that can be had for less than $15 and could be easily painted as a fun motorcycle ornament. No promises on legality ha
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Just saw the "making of" special.

Good to see Rosario Dawson's passion for the character.

Bad to see that George Lucas and the other Disney cunts still have a hand in the storytelling.

Would love to know more about the people writing, responsible for the storyline development.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sh768:

Bad to see that George Lucas and the other Disney cunts still have a hand in the storytelling.

Would love to know more about the people writing, responsible for the storyline development.
View Quote

Its hard to take your comment seriously when you diss Lucas.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By poison123:

View Quote

The man whose initial vision was a happy accident?
The man who is responsible for the prequels?
The man who created Jar Jar Binks and Midichlorians?
The man who sold out to Disney?
The man who, after literally decades, had no clue about the appeal of his own story?
The man who created Jar Jar Binks?

Yeah, I be dissing' Lucas
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#23]

The man who, after literally decades, had no clue about the appeal of his own story?

View Quote

The prequels are great,  what are you talking about
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

The prequels are great,  what are you talking about
View Quote

It was a party.

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

1.) Everything is a happy accident who are you kidding.
2.) The sequels have not aged that badly.
3.)...Jar Jar is a solid Meh, and yes the Mid's were dumb as fuck.
4.) Maybe he got tired of fans like you.
5.) Not sure wtf you are talking about.
6.) See number 2.
7.) Compared to the bullshit we get now, Jar Jar is not even remotely that bad.  And I'll take his excuse as "he was making them for his kids".
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 8:58:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#26]

View All Quotes

Lucas deserves to be thumped when he put out stupid ideas.

His idea for the movie after the prequels was a mashup of innerspace and who knows what, where people shrank to the celluar level and "met the midicholrians."  No, I am not joking. That was his idea.

Also, they had to save SW from him. His edit of it was a disaster.

The horrible stilted weird acting in the prequels is apparently the result of his directing. He apparently *wanted* them to act that way.

And of course, the editing and changing the story afterwards, over and over again: https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/George-Lucas-Star-Wars-Creator-Unreliable-Narrator-Time-Travelling-Revisionist/id/66986

George is not the devil, and he is responsible for the fodder that was shaped up to become starwars, and we wouldn't have it without him, but ... reality is what it is. He's also a mess. Creatives seem to be a mess more often than not and need help, just like walt needed roy.

Reportedly he wouldn't even let the original releases (original negatives or original theatrical first relase cuts) out even for the library of congress, who requested to be able to archive them as culturally important artifacts.

SW deserves better than it has gotten.  George is a creator, but I don't think he's good at stewarding and expanding his creation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

His idea for the movie after the prequels was a mashup of innerspace and who knows what, where people shrank to the celluar level and "met the midicholrians."  No, I am not joking. That was his idea.

The horrible stilted weird acting in the prequels is apparently the result of his directing. He apparently *wanted* them to act that way.

And of course, the editing and changing the story afterwards, over and over again: https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/George-Lucas-Star-Wars-Creator-Unreliable-Narrator-Time-Travelling-Revisionist/id/66986

George is not the devil, and he is responsible for the fodder that was shaped up to become starwars, and we wouldn't have it without him, but ... reality is what it is. He's also a mess. Creatives seem to be a mess more often than not and need help, just like walt needed roy.

Reportedly he wouldn't even let the original releases (original negatives or original theatrical first relase cuts) out even for the library of congress, who requested to be able to archive them as culturally important artifacts.

SW deserves better than it has gotten.  George is a creator, but I don't think he's good at stewarding and expanding his creation.
View Quote

Yes and No.  Great Idea guy, horrible on execution.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 9:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#28]

View All Quotes

I think he did the midichlorians and had the plan to do a movie about midichlorians because he got too big for anyone to look him in the eye (who he had no choice but to listen to) and say "No george. That is a jackass idea."
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeyCoach] [#29]
When she duels Baylan, Ahsoka’s white lightsaber is the making the same sound effects as the build your own at Savi’s in Hollywood Studios with the white kyber crystal installed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#30]

I think he did the midichlorians and had the plan to do a movie about midichlorians because he got too big for anyone to look him in the eye (who he had no choice but to listen to) and say "No george. That is a jackass idea."
View Quote

Oh thats 100% what it was, "Who the fuck am I to argue with George" is exactly what it was...and sadly translates the same to every industry.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 12:47:20 AM EDT
[#31]
So what is up with the deflating inquisitors? We saw one in Tales of the Jedi when Ahsoka disarmed one and killed him with his own lightsaber. We saw it again when she killed Merrok.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 1:02:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#32]

View Quote

Despite all that, the prequels still had the spirit of Star Wars. The new trilogy sans Lucas. Dogshit. As have been some of the shows too. Also, he never came out and said EU was non-canon. That I think was the worst travesty committed by the Disney.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AZshooter71:
So what is up with the deflating inquisitors? We saw one in Tales of the Jedi when Ahsoka disarmed one and killed him with his own lightsaber. We saw it again when she killed Merrok.
View Quote

Not sure about Inquisitors specifically, but we’ve seen the smoke let out of beings empowered by the Nightsisters before in Savage Opress. More often than not, Inquisitors have been killed like regular people.

Link Posted: 9/9/2023 3:03:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Possibly he was reanimated by Nightsister magic. Might have been hunting Baylan and been killed that way:
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 3:38:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Not sure about Inquisitors specifically, but we've seen the smoke let out of beings empowered by the Nightsisters before in Savage Opress. More often than not, Inquisitors have been killed like regular people.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/9fa3678b-5f65-4c12-8953-2be1cf864721/scale-to-width/370
View Quote
Night Sister magic, basically they can raise the dead.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 4:07:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AZshooter71:
View Quote

that's the dark side midichlorians leaving.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By macman37:It’s got to be. Doesn’t he fax her a lightsaber somehow with it? I haven’t rewatched the later 2 sequels so memory may have failed me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Is anyone watching Ahsoka Episode 5 in the theater Tuesday evening? No theaters in my AO are showing it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:
Is anyone watching Ahsoka Episode 5 in the theater Tuesday evening? No theaters in my AO are showing it.
View Quote

Not here either. Not that I would go see it.

Is it still going to be steamed or nah?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Not here either. Not that I would go see it.

Is it still going to be steamed or nah?
View Quote

Still streamed at normal times but I think the ability to watch it in IMAX would be cool.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

Still streamed at normal times but I think the ability to watch it in IMAX would be cool.
View Quote

I would like to watch it in imax also. I just hate the movie theatre haha
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#42]

That would be interesting. Guy at work said the map was burned into Ashoka’s hand… he is convinced they will use the scar to find a way. Kind of interesting.

The Generation Tech dude is thinking none of them make it back and the new galaxy will be the “Feloni Verse.” Basically spiting away from the Rey trilogy and making his own place for some good Star Wars in the future.
View Quote

His name is Alan and he always presents in the clothes he sleeps in.

That said he does a fantastic job of dissecting the SW stories and is normally close to right.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Side note - I watched The Last Jedi last night (for the first time since seeing it in theater the week after opening) to see if it made more sense with the World Between Worlds concept being the next stage of Jedi stories evolving… and yeah, with that context it was better.

It’s still not great, but it was a decent show with some flaws - bomber run, Holdo, WBW being completely lost on the general public…

They really needed to take a minute and cover why the Force isn’t the same as it was in the prequels or original movies so people not familiar with the WBW will still understand how you can reach out and touch someone or Airdrop a freaking lightsaber to someone. Just a little exposition would have gone a long way.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Side note - I watched The Last Jedi last night (for the first time since seeing it in theater the week after opening) to see if it made more sense with the World Between Worlds concept being the next stage of Jedi stories evolving… and yeah, with that context it was better.

It’s still not great, but it was a decent show with some flaws - bomber run, Holdo, WBW being completely lost on the general public…

They really needed to take a minute and cover why the Force isn’t the same as it was in the prequels or original movies so people not familiar with the WBW will still understand how you can reach out and touch someone or Airdrop a freaking lightsaber to someone. Just a little exposition would have gone a long way.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

That movie and all of the sequel movies aside for Rogue One and Solo (Yes, I liked Solo. It wasn’t perfect but I enjoyed it) are pure shit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Side note - I watched The Last Jedi last night (for the first time since seeing it in theater the week after opening) to see if it made more sense with the World Between Worlds concept being the next stage of Jedi stories evolving  and yeah, with that context it was better.

It's still not great, but it was a decent show with some flaws - bomber run, Holdo, WBW being completely lost on the general public  

They really needed to take a minute and cover why the Force isn't the same as it was in the prequels or original movies so people not familiar with the WBW will still understand how you can reach out and touch someone or Airdrop a freaking lightsaber to someone. Just a little exposition would have gone a long way.
View Quote
Nope, that movie was the absolute worst of all of them.  It was so bad that they had to cancel all of the other trilogies and movies they had planned.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif

That movie and all of the sequel movies aside for Rogue One and Solo (Yes, I liked Solo. It wasn’t perfect but I enjoyed it) are pure shit.
View Quote

RO was great from the release. It has taken a bit for some fans to get on board.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#48]

BOOOOM this right here.  Maul's Arc through Clone Wars the Series and Rebels, is probably the most developed Character arc in the entire series.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I liked the bomber run.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I liked the prequels more than a new hope and return of the Jedi.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top