User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack_Rackham] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sefus:
I liked the bomber run.
View Quote
In a movie that was filled with stupidity that was the stupidest.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Horses running on spaceships in space was extra special.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Horses running on spaceships in space was extra special.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:
I liked the prequels more than a new hope and return of the Jedi.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I like the prequels, but you’re insane.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif

That movie and all of the sequel movies aside for Rogue One and Solo (Yes, I liked Solo. It wasn’t perfect but I enjoyed it) are pure shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macman37:
Side note - I watched The Last Jedi last night (for the first time since seeing it in theater the week after opening) to see if it made more sense with the World Between Worlds concept being the next stage of Jedi stories evolving… and yeah, with that context it was better.

It’s still not great, but it was a decent show with some flaws - bomber run, Holdo, WBW being completely lost on the general public…

They really needed to take a minute and cover why the Force isn’t the same as it was in the prequels or original movies so people not familiar with the WBW will still understand how you can reach out and touch someone or Airdrop a freaking lightsaber to someone. Just a little exposition would have gone a long way.

That movie and all of the sequel movies aside for Rogue One and Solo (Yes, I liked Solo. It wasn’t perfect but I enjoyed it) are pure shit.

I’m not exactly arguing that it’s a great flick. It totally isn’t… but viewed in context with the WBW it removes one of the issues I had with it. That’s all - this is definitely not a “you’re all wrong, I’m right, nyah!” post.

I do respect your position. TLJ is not great or even that good (I mean the effects are good, it does look like a Star Wars movie) but the WBW helps me a little with one of my issues. If it’s a true connection, anyway… Snoke said it was him that allowed Rey and Ben to communicate, which is another mistake that needs correcting.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sefus:
I liked the bomber run.
View Quote

All they had to say - just a line of freaking dialogue - is that the Rebellion is down to fourth-tier surplus bombers with repulsor-bombs in them and it would have passed Star Wars muster. But no…
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By macman37:
Side note - I watched The Last Jedi last night (for the first time since seeing it in theater the week after opening) to see if it made more sense with the World Between Worlds concept being the next stage of Jedi stories evolving… and yeah, with that context it was better.

It’s still not great, but it was a decent show with some flaws - bomber run, Holdo, WBW being completely lost on the general public…

They really needed to take a minute and cover why the Force isn’t the same as it was in the prequels or original movies so people not familiar with the WBW will still understand how you can reach out and touch someone or Airdrop a freaking lightsaber to someone. Just a little exposition would have gone a long way.
View Quote

FYI....TLJ came out in 2017......Rebels Season 4 ep 13 came out Feb of 2018....TLJ had nothing to do with using the concept.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I like the prequels, but you're insane.
View All Quotes

Honestly, other than Empire, all the movies (the sequel trilogy doesn't exist, fuck you!) were filled with issues. They were the gateway drug though and what made Star Wars, STAR WARS!  Was the massive world building that happened with the EU.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Honestly, other than Empire, all the movies (the sequel trilogy doesn't exist, fuck you!) were filled with issues. They were the gateway drug though and what made Star Wars, STAR WARS!  Was the massive world building that happened with the EU.
View All Quotes

I agree with you. Sequels do not exist and empire is the best Star Wars movie.

I think rogue one, rebels, empire, and the last four episodes of clone wars are peak Star Wars visual media.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

RO was great from the release. It has taken a bit for some fans to get on board.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

RO was great from the release. It has taken a bit for some fans to get on board.

RO is my favorite movie next to ESB.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]
The fact they played Vaders theme at the end of the episode makes me think it’s the Brother in disguise possibly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Anakin killed the brother.  More likely that he now has the job as the father (the balance of the force) that the father tried to get Anakin to take.  That is the prophecy after all.  Once he died, he's got nothing better to do...
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#15]
is it over yet?
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
is it over yet?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#17]
That was phenomenal
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, just keeps getting better and better.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#19]
That was a great episode.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Not what I expected but exactly what I expected too
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Pretty awesome

Definitely excited for next week
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#22]
That was a great episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Yeah that flash was great.

Click To View Spoiler

Outstanding.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow, that episode lived up to the hype.  The above spoilers mentioned everything that was awesome about it so no need to reiterate.  Can’t wait for next week.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#24]
That was some top tier Star Wars.

Did you notice

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

Did you notice

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Noticed the same thing
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

Did you notice

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I was in the middle of explaining the Siege of Mandalore to my daughter when Rex popped up on screen and immediately said, "Oh yes! Finally live action Rex!"

But I was disappointed we didn't get to see Maul again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#27]
God damn,  that was epic!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#28]
That was fantastic.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Fantastic episode.  Really felt like Star Wars.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Color me impressed.  This was real SW and tied exactly into Clone Wars/Rebels without missing a beat.  Even the little girl who played Snips did a great job with the part.  

For gawd sake Disney get Kennedy out of any control of the SW universe.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I was really impressed by the costuming too - Anakin felt like he was plucked right out of a Clone Wars episode, down to the stylistic differences in armor. Clone armor was on point too. And Hayden did a great job of pulling both his earlier portrayal of Anakin as well as Matt Lanter's portrayal together. CGI de-aging was on point. In fast, the whole episode had great CGI - beauty shots of the Ghost, the 2 ships flying through the clouds. Like I said earlier - top tier Star Wars,
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#33]
As God as my witness. Kathleen Kennedy needs to fed to a Rancor right now! Dave Filoni must run Lucas Arts!
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#34]
As God as my witness. Kathleen Kennedy needs to fed to a Rancor right now! Dave Filoni must run Lucas Arts!
View Quote

Seconded!
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Lucasfilm, but yeah.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:56:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samsound] [#36]
There was a lot that was done better this episode, but there were still a couple head-scratchers. The fighting looked better this episode - mostly. You can tell the director really pushed the athleticism of the role hard onto both actors, but it all still looked a bit...winded.  As for the de-aging, I thought it looked off at first, but during action sequences and later in the episode it looked pretty great.

Oh, and Click To View Spoiler
I wouldn't have guessed that Ahsoka's socks were mass-manufactured, crew socks with a comfort cuff.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow, a bit speechless. Jealous of the folks that got to watch that in a theater.

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 12:10:35 AM EDT
[#38]
That was awesome. The series had a bit of a rough start, but it’s picking up now. It’s the first time I’ve felt a sense of wonder at SW in a very long time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By leib109:
That was awesome. The series had a bit of a rough start, but it’s picking up now. It’s the first time I’ve felt a sense of wonder at SW in a very long time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 12:38:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#40]
Finally. That was good. Really good.  Filoni directed this one, I ain’t surprised. That dude is the chosen one of the entire SW franchise.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Glad they got more use out of the costumes from andor.
Also, may not be the wbw, as there were no doors.  But definately an auralnauts dance party.

Biggest gripe is the purgills if you didn't watch rebels.  Non watchers are probably asking "huh? wtf is going on?".
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:45:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jackthom8] [#42]
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS REALLY REALLY FUCKING GOOD!

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#44]
That was very awesome
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#45]

Niiiiiiice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Good episode. I wish it had pushed the story a little further. On the other hand it looks like the last three episodes should be very focused.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:46:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sefus] [#47]
I want more of the flashback stuff, loved it.  It really showed what people in this thread have been trying to sell me of how Ashoka grew up in war and has the trauma of it.

The lightsaber fighting was MUCH better. The athleticism of young Ashoka and the speed and pure power of her opponent… awesome

Biggest gripe, the white wrap over the top of the gray tunic. I wanted to see all white and a Easter egg of Ori flying around somewhere would have put me over the top
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Overall Great Episode.  But come on....with the plot devices at the end..so stupid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#50]
here was my suggestion of how they should have dealt with the separation.
They should have focused the next 2 episodes on Baylen and Shin and the search for Thrawn.  Throw in a few scenes of Ahsoka and crew trying to come up with ideas about how to get to there.
Then the last episode of the season is where Thrawn returns in a season climax attacking the New Republic.  That way you don't have to introduce/explain the whole hyperspace whales.  Don't care if they are in the cartoons.  Just leave that plot device out of the equation.

Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top