Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Horses running on spaceships in space was extra special.
View Quote
@GutWrench

They weren't in space. They were in the atmosphere of Exegol.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
That was a great episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

@TheTallest That was the reflection of the light saber.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
That was some top tier Star Wars.

Did you notice

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

@MarkMustang  

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

@GutWrench

View Quote

Either way. It’s was silly.

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]

I lost. LOL
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I enjoyed this episode. Especially the Anakin and Ahsoka interactions.

I don’t like Jacen. I know they need the young characters for future generations. But I don’t like the green hair bullshit. Green skin would have been more realistic as a genetic trait in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually watch Emergency Awesome on YouTube after each episode. He does a great break down and is normally almost always right in his theories.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Yes, I know but it was done on purpose, she was angry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I was in the middle of explaining the Siege of Mandalore to my daughter when Rex popped up on screen and immediately said, "Oh yes! Finally live action Rex!"

But I was disappointed we didn't get to see Maul again.
View Quote

I half expected him to pop up and Anakin be like, "this guy again?" 😆
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
here was my suggestion of how they should have dealt with the separation.
They should have focused the next 2 episodes on Baylen and Shin and the search for Thrawn.  Throw in a few scenes of Ahsoka and crew trying to come up with ideas about how to get to there.
Then the last episode of the season is where Thrawn returns in a season climax attacking the New Republic.  That way you don't have to introduce/explain the whole hyperspace whales.  Don't care if they are in the cartoons.  Just leave that plot device out of the equation.

View Quote

The whales are so f'ing stupid.  I like how everyone some how knows how to get to this other galaxy.....the magic orb...some how knew which galaxy Thrawn ended up in.  The whales....some how know exactly where Ashoka wants to go.....sigh.  There are a lot of great elements in the series....but this whole go to another galaxy thing is retarded.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By poison123:

The whales are so f'ing stupid.  I like how everyone some how knows how to get to this other galaxy.....the magic orb...some how knew which galaxy Thrawn ended up in.  The whales....some how know exactly where Ashoka wants to go.....sigh.  There are a lot of great elements in the series....but this whole go to another galaxy thing is retarded.
View All Quotes
They should have focused the next 2 episodes on Baylen and Shin and the search for Thrawn.  Throw in a few scenes of Ahsoka and crew trying to come up with ideas about how to get to there.
Then the last episode of the season is where Thrawn returns in a season climax attacking the New Republic.  That way you don't have to introduce/explain the whole hyperspace whales.  Don't care if they are in the cartoons.  Just leave that plot device out of the equation.

The whales (purrgil) apparently migrate to the other galaxy.  The magick orb was research studying the purrgil migration.  The purrgil took Thrawn there because that's where they always go, and that's where they took Ahsoka presumably.  She said in the episode she wasn't sure where they were taking her or if they even able to understand her, but at least let her going along for the ride wherever they go.

I agree though I thought not even seeing the toher galaxy would be better for the show.  Just have Thrawn show back up.  That would make the impact of losing the fight last episode mean more than being able to follow to the other galaxy - it would be more of a failure.  We all know Thrawn is making it back and tearing the New Republic a new one anyway.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Just in case you're missing a couple details. The whales took Ezra and Thrawn into hyperspace. The theory they are working off of is that they were simply dragged along to the whales' normal migration area. They're hoping that hitching a ride with a whale will land them in the same place - wherever that is. The map depicts the whales' migration routes to another galaxy. How this information exists...no clue.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Delta10mm:
I usually watch Emergency Awesome on YouTube after each episode. He does a great break down and is normally almost always right in his theories.
View Quote

I like watching Screen Crush on YouTube. He has some good break downs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]
If your player allows it, I suggest setting playback to 1.10x or preferably 1.2x. It puts the dialogue at a much more natural pacing and the battle scenes won't feel like they're in slow motion
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Samsound:
Just in case you're missing a couple details. The whales took Ezra and Thrawn into hyperspace. The theory they are working off of is that they were simply dragged along to the whales' normal migration area. They're hoping that hitching a ride with a whale will land them in the same place - wherever that is. The map depicts the whales' migration routes to another galaxy. How this information exists...no clue.
View Quote

It exists from the rattakan infinite empire.  When they fell. The nightsisters of the time recorded some of the information, however the technology to actually get there was lost in the fall. It's old old star wars. Knights of the old republic old. Actually before that.

That guy I referenced earlier covers it in his videos.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

I like watching Screen Crush on YouTube. He has some good break downs.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Im looking forward to what the view is when that purgill opens it mouth where ever it ends up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Im looking forward to what the view is when that purgill opens it mouth where ever it ends up.
View Quote

My money is on Ezra feeling them through the force and being right there when they show up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

The whales (purrgil) apparently migrate to the other galaxy.  The magick orb was research studying the purrgil migration.  The purrgil took Thrawn there because that's where they always go, and that's where they took Ahsoka presumably.  She said in the episode she wasn't sure where they were taking her or if they even able to understand her, but at least let her going along for the ride wherever they go.

I agree though I thought not even seeing the toher galaxy would be better for the show.  Just have Thrawn show back up.  That would make the impact of losing the fight last episode mean more than being able to follow to the other galaxy - it would be more of a failure.  We all know Thrawn is making it back and tearing the New Republic a new one anyway.
View All Quotes

If they don’t show/explain how Thrawn get back then we’re just left with people bitching about another “somehow Thrawn returned”.
Show that shit. It makes for good entertainment. It seems like the people complaining about the space whales never watched Rebels in the first place. Can’t please everyone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

If they don't show/explain how Thrawn get back then we're just left with people bitching about another "somehow Thrawn returned".
Show that shit. It makes for good entertainment. It seems like the people complaining about the space whales never watched Rebels in the first place. Can't please everyone.
View All Quotes

If they don't show/explain how Thrawn get back then we're just left with people bitching about another "somehow Thrawn returned".
Show that shit. It makes for good entertainment. It seems like the people complaining about the space whales never watched Rebels in the first place. Can't please everyone.
why would they need to?  They already have the direct map to the galaxy.  Plot a reverse course.  There is nothing special for them to do.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#21]
why would they need to?  They already have the direct map to the galaxy.  Plot a reverse course.  There is nothing special for them to do.
View All Quotes

I don’t follow
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

It requires a massive amount of space horsepower to get there and presumably bank, big engines, massive space ship ring.  

It's not just a forgotten road it's a place only purgils, Ezra, and thrawn and his fleet have been to out of the entire known universe
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

It requires a massive amount of space horsepower to get there and presumably bank, big engines, massive space ship ring.  

It's not just a forgotten road it's a place only purgils, Ezra, and thrawn and his fleet have been to out of the entire known universe
View Quote

In 1000s of years
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#24]

@GutWrench

View Quote

That doesn't make it any less dumb because they literally had to transport the stupid horses to Exegol.....that actually makes it worse when you think about it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

See your flaw there is.....what if its a different pod that goes to a different galaxy....I mean...we are talking what...10-15 years of time diff between the end of Rebels and Ashoka at this point.

And you right...how the info exists....and why....lol the Night Sisters of all people...decided to study it....
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#26]

If they don’t show/explain how Thrawn get back then we’re just left with people bitching about another “somehow Thrawn returned”.
Show that shit. It makes for good entertainment. It seems like the people complaining about the space whales never watched Rebels in the first place. Can’t please everyone.
View Quote

Or....we watched rebels and thought it was dumb then too.  But you do you boo.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#27]

See your flaw there is.....what if its a different pod that goes to a different galaxy....I mean...we are talking what...10-15 years of time diff between the end of Rebels and Ashoka at this point.

And you right...how the info exists....and why....lol the Night Sisters of all people...decided to study it....
View All Quotes

Ain't my flaw. I didn't write this shit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#28]
It wasn’t dumb in rebels. It separates Ezra, with his affinity for connection with animals, from all the other depicted force users.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I really liked the actress they had for young snips.  She really felt like a perfect likeness from the cartoon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
I really liked the actress they had for young snips.  She really felt like a perfect likeness from the cartoon.
View Quote

Agreed. I was thinking the whole time “I watch this” if it was a series.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

She did a great job, kinda chunky compared to cartoon Snips, but that's not a fair comparison I guess.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#32]

In 1000s of years
View All Quotes

In 1000s of years

Yeah so the ones who are alive.  

The droid with Ahsoka is over 25000 years old and he doesn't know about it but he's a lightsaber builder
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Purgil have been traveling there a few millenia at least if not millions of years or something
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

It was but it kinda wasn’t. It felt intentional for sure.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By macman37:

It was but it kinda wasn’t. It felt intentional for sure.
View Quote

I rewatched that screen a couple time. At first I thought it was a reflection. Then I think she truly is capable of going to the dark side and choose not to. I think they filmed it that way to keep us guessing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone else notice that now that the mouse has ahsoka, your subscription cost is going up halfway into the season?
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#37]

She did a great job, kinda chunky compared to cartoon Snips, but that's not a fair comparison I guess.
View Quote

I thought the same thing. I mean, there must be a huge pool of non-chubby actresses that could.have filled that role
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

fine then they can show they found one of the planets that had the technology to fly back but they didn't have the map to get to their galaxy.  They don't need to spend filler time or episode on the technology.  The season has to end with thrawn coming back to setup the cliffhanger.  

you don't waste the final acts on silly details.  Adding Ashoka into the mix here just ruins the plot because we already lnow she will fail.  So it's a dead end plot they didn't need to go down.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

I thought the same thing. I mean, there must be a huge pool of non-chubby actresses that could.have filled that role
View Quote

She was a bit chubby in the face, but otherwise I think she pulled it off okay. It’s too bad Ashley Eckstein isn’t physically suitable for the role. She will always be Ahsoka to me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 6:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#40]
Thought the kid did great and the Mandalore scene action was pretty good.  This episode really made me want a live action clones wars series.

ETA: Jedi council and order deserved what happened to them for using child soldiers and generals.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Thought the kid did great and the Mandalore scene action was pretty good.  This episode really made me want a live action clones wars series.

ETA: Jedi council and order deserved what happened to them for using child soldiers and generals.
View Quote

The longer you watch Star Wars, the more difficult it is to sympathize with any side.

Palpatine should have slaughtered those fuckers way sooner.

And great job Rebellion. All that sacrifice so that we could have... the New Republic
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 6:59:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#42]

View Quote

Come on man, cartoon characters are always unrealistic. Her voice and attitude were perfect.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sh768:

The longer you watch Star Wars, the more difficult it is to sympathize with any side.

And great job Rebellion. All that sacrifice so that we could have... the New Republic
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sh768:

Just as corrupt as the empire and old republic
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Come on man, cartoon characters are always unrealistic. Her voice and attitude were perfect.
View Quote

I thought young Ahsoka looked way too young compared to cartoon Ahsoka, but the actress did a great job playing old Ahsoka reliving things through younger eyes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By macman37:
Originally Posted By sefus:
I liked the bomber run.
View Quote

All they had to say - just a line of freaking dialogue - is that the Rebellion is down to fourth-tier surplus bombers with repulsor-bombs in them and it would have passed Star Wars muster. But no…
View Quote

Should have gone withe more of a PT boat design than a bomber design.  

Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
As God as my witness. Kathleen Kennedy needs to fed to a Rancor right now! Dave Filoni must run Lucas Arts!
View Quote

They should do it in a stadium and we can drink beer and laugh as she is chewed up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Migration patterns don't usually reverse course, and as depicted are in a circular style motion. The same course back may not be able to be reversed which is why the migration was studied and mapped in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

She is growing up. She played young Gamora too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

And she was clearly a gymnast with some martial arts training
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By user4574:

Migration patterns don't usually reverse course, and as depicted are in a circular style motion. The same course back may not be able to be reversed which is why the migration was studied and mapped in the first place.
View All Quotes

but nightsister lady is bringing the coordinates from the map.  They will know the destination back and they'll have the origin coordinates so that's it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#50]

but nightsister lady is bringing the coordinates from the map.  They will know the destination back and they'll have the origin coordinates so that's it.
View All Quotes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the point you're trying to make "we know Thrawn makes it back so why even have Ahsoka go out there in the first place?" Kinda like how Raiders of the Lost Ark would end the same with or without Indiana Jones?
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top