Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prae:
Definitely some super nerd stuff in here that is awesome.  

I get Clone Wars & Bad Batch.     I've also read the Thrawn trilogy.       Where should I go from here?  Preferably audiobook.

View Quote

The X Wing series is really good. The first four books are about Rogue Squadron, and the next four or so Wedge starts a new Wraith Squadron.

X Wing Rogue Squadron and X Wing The Bacta War are my two favorites. I haven’t listened to any of them, I read them back in the day.

Make sure to sample any audiobooks you buy. I listened to one of the new Thrawn novels, and couldn’t get through a half hour. The dialogue was practically inaudible, like it was coming over a scratchy walkie talkie.

One of the only audiobooks I’ve ever returned.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

https://i.imgur.com/9GtKaIU.gif
View Quote
Mmm. This is the way.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:04:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#3]
Screw the new map.

Long live the original EU map!

THIS IS THE WAY!

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By macman37:
Holy shit. I’m a card carrying supernerd and I’m out of my depth with the last dozen or so posts here. Bravo dorks. Bravo.
View Quote
I'm right there with you. Shame, Shame , Shame.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Chris0013:

Have you watched Rebels yet?
View Quote
I have not.   I drive a lot for work so would rather something I could listen to.  But, I'll check out rebels in the evenings when I hit the hotel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:22:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#6]
Definitely some super nerd stuff in here that is awesome.  

I get Clone Wars & Bad Batch.     I've also read the Thrawn trilogy.       Where should I go from here?  Preferably audiobook.

View Quote
I enjoyed the X-Wing series, I, Jedi, and the New Jedi Order series.

I, Jedi takes place during the X-Wing series.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I just want to see Bo & the Armorer bathing in the waters of Mandalore... Make it the Episode Bryce directs & get her in the water also. End the show on a high note, w/ Grogu in the background w/ a shit eating grin on his face.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I have not.   I drive a lot for work so would rather something I could listen to.  But, I'll check out rebels in the evenings when I hit the hotel.  Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The first season isn’t fantastic. It’s like Space Aladdin, but the later seasons do get good.

There are a few episodes that are some of the best SW content.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
https://media.tenor.com/siyAnu_zmLkAAAAM/bill-murray.gif

It is a hard job @macman37, but someone has to do it!
View All Quotes
Holy shit. I'm a card carrying supernerd and I'm out of my depth with the last dozen or so posts here. Bravo dorks. Bravo.
https://media.tenor.com/siyAnu_zmLkAAAAM/bill-murray.gif

It is a hard job @macman37, but someone has to do it!

I'm just... impressed is all. I have a bunch of the original comics from back in the day, toys, etc. but I never got into the expanded universe of books beyond the Brian Daley and Timothy Zahn books. I know that's pretty limited compared to the EU books, and where a lot of the stuff you guys are referring to comes from.

I always wanted to get into the RPG because it became so much more open, but I never invested in it. Mostly because I was a broke ass.

in short, cheers, I've loved Star Wars since it came out and even I have said - reverently - in this thread "damn, that is some nerd-ass shit."

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:27:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#10]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

The first season isn’t fantastic. It’s like Space Aladdin, but the later seasons do get good.

View All Quotes

The two part "Twilight of the Apprentice" being a notable one.

"Jedi Night", along with most of the other episodes in that season, was great too.

Twilight has an appearance from Vader as well, bringing his own mobile "high ground". It also plays into that trope of him being overly dramatic.

Ezra:  I'm not afraid of you!
Vader:  Then you will die braver than most.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

"Jedi Night", along with most of the other episodes in that season, was great too.
View All Quotes

“Twin Suns” was another great episode.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#12]

I'm just... impressed is all. I have a bunch of the original comics from back in the day, toys, etc. but I never got into the expanded universe of books beyond the Brian Daley and Timothy Zahn books. I know that's pretty limited compared to the EU books, and where a lot of the stuff you guys are referring to comes from.

I always wanted to get into the RPG because it became so much more open, but I never invested in it. Mostly because I was a broke ass.

in short, cheers, I've loved Star Wars since it came out and even I have said - reverently - in this thread "damn, that is some nerd-ass shit."

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif
View Quote
I was addicted to the EU and voraciously read every Del-Rey book and Dark Horse comic that came out for it. Even the chincy kid stuff like Young Jedi Knights. SW RPG was fun as heck too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:36:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#13]

Even somewhere like Nevarro should have 2-3 squadrons of fighters for defense.

As for hyperspace...you need to get out of the gravity well and get the navi-computer to plot a course...that takes time.  Add in evasive maneuvers while pirates are trying to shoot out engines or shut the ship down with ion weapons.
View Quote

or at least some AA canons ffs. and a rehearsed and solid plan for city evac emergency air raid  ffs. and a solid underground well stocked establishment to go to ffs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Yep. The tail end of the final season had a lot of good content.

It was also not overly predictable, at times making it seem like the Empire might actually win.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

The X Wing series is really good. The first four books are about Rogue Squadron, and the next four or so Wedge starts a new Wraith Squadron.

X Wing Rogue Squadron and X Wing The Bacta War are my two favorites. I haven't listened to any of them, I read them back in the day.

Make sure to sample any audiobooks you buy. I listened to one of the new Thrawn novels, and couldn't get through a half hour. The dialogue was practically inaudible, like it was coming over a scratchy walkie talkie.

One of the only audiobooks I've ever returned.
View Quote
I'll check them out.    I got the Trawn trilogy on audiobooks and it was pretty good.  No issues.   Weird.    

Thanks .
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#16]

The first season isn't fantastic. It's like Space Aladdin, but the later seasons do get good.

View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:47:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#17]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

or at least some AA canons ffs. and a rehearsed and solid plan for city evac emergency air raid  ffs. and a solid underground well stocked establishment to go to ffs.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

Even somewhere like Nevarro should have 2-3 squadrons of fighters for defense.

As for hyperspace...you need to get out of the gravity well and get the navi-computer to plot a course...that takes time.  Add in evasive maneuvers while pirates are trying to shoot out engines or shut the ship down with ion weapons.

The big push in the new Disney canon is that the New Republic and everyone else demilitarized and scrapped all their capital ships, fighters, space stations, etc.... it is so stupid.

In the original EU, the Empire didn't just disappear. It was a protected fight that went from a solid Empire to warlords holding different sectors and fighting amongst themselves and the New Republic along with a solid Imperial Remnant that was loyal to Palpatine. And in the end, the Empire didn't vanish, after 30 years of conflict between the Empire and New Republic, a peace treaty was signed and they become formal trade partners, etc... The New Republic incorporated a lot of former Imperial material into their armed forces. Heck, when Kaut fell to the New Republic, they kept pumping out Imperial MkII Class Star Destroyers for the New Republic Navy and even going into the Vong Invasion and the collapse of the New Republic and formation of the Galactic Alliance, former Imperial ships were being used.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:50:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GutWrench] [#18]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

I took finding beskar on the shuttle as a sign that he was taken by a different mando faction, not that they were trying to frame the mandos on navaroo.
View Quote

That’s what I was thinking too. But then they kinda made a big deal out of Bo-Katan losing that shoulder piece in the previous episode. No telling which way they are going to take it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#19]
You had a Mando Faction that was loyal to the Empire. They could be loyal to the Moff.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Caught up with Mando...god has this show turned into shit. Same plots recycled, Mando largely ineffective at his own show.  It was never well written but now its on par with Kenobi or Boba Fett.  Damn Disney.  Damn.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bigern314:
Caught up with Mando...god has this show turned into shit. Same plots recycled, Mando largely ineffective at his own show.  It was never well written but now its on par with Kenobi or Boba Fett.  Damn Disney.  Damn.
View Quote

It is giving depth to the Mandalorian clans and the Children of the Watch. Sure, some of the plot devices are tropes, but look a bit deeper.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:
Zeb looked amazing. It really made the Grand Inquisitor look 10x worse.
View Quote

I wasn’t sure they could pull off Zeb, but they did.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Screw the new map.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/wn4Tv.jpg

THIS IS THE WAY!

View All Quotes
Screw the new map.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/wn4Tv.jpg

THIS IS THE WAY!

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:
Zeb looked amazing. It really made the Grand Inquisitor look 10x worse.

Agreed. The only issue was one that wasn't too noticeable and that was the legs. It looked like they were pretty regular when the camera wasn't close up.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:54:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Heartbreaker1373] [#25]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

It is giving depth to the Mandalorian clans and the Children of the Watch. Sure, some of the plot devices are tropes, but look a bit deeper.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Disney is connecting everything. So of course Mando isn't going to answer everything in one episode or season. What happens in this will have a ripple effect to other shows.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#28]
The new story line is that the New Republic are a bunch of hippies that are decommissioning their defense forces for the idea of space unicorn force farts and galactic rainbow hippie fuck-fests with former ISB agents shoving powered riding crops up their asses as it is recorded on the Holonet.
View Quote
I unwittingly read this in a Tim Meadows voice, lol.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Samsound:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Samsound:
The new story line is that the New Republic are a bunch of hippies that are decommissioning their defense forces for the idea of space unicorn force farts and galactic rainbow hippie fuck-fests with former ISB agents shoving powered riding crops up their asses as it is recorded on the Holonet.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#30]
The big push in the new Disney canon is that the New Republic and everyone else demilitarized and scrapped all their capital ships, fighters, space stations, etc.... it is so stupid.

In the original EU, the Empire didn't just disappear. It was a protected fight that went from a solid Empire to warlords holding different sectors and fighting amongst themselves and the New Republic along with a solid Imperial Remnant that was loyal to Palpatine. And in the end, the Empire didn't vanish, after 30 years of conflict between the Empire and New Republic, a peace treaty was signed and they become formal trade partners, etc... The New Republic incorporated a lot of former Imperial material into their armed forces. Heck, when Kaut fell to the New Republic, they kept pumping out Imperial MkII Class Star Destroyers for the New Republic Navy and even going into the Vong Invasion and the collapse of the New Republic and formation of the Galactic Alliance, former Imperial ships were being used.
View Quote
The idea that you could completely disarm in a galaxy that size doesn't make sense, except for one factor.  Space Wizards.  If you take the idea that the entire galaxy became total retards about security because the Jedi would just show up in time to deal with whatever threat because "the Force," then it kinda makes sense. Only with Palpatine's aid did the Separatists and Dooku manage to arm up in secret. Think of the Jedi like the ultimate CIA, and everyone grew dependent on them for a thousand years. Now, of course the New Republic doesn't have many Jedi, but people are creatures of habit and politicians are dumb.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
The idea that you could completely disarm in a galaxy that size doesn't make sense, except for one factor.  Space Wizards.  If you take the idea that the entire galaxy became total retards about security because the Jedi would just show up in time to deal with whatever threat because "the Force," then it kinda makes sense. Only with Palpatine's aid did the Separatists and Dooku manage to arm up in secret. Think of the Jedi like the ultimate CIA, and everyone grew dependent on them for a thousand years. Now, of course the New Republic doesn't have many Jedi, but people are creatures of habit and politicians are dumb.
View All Quotes

My understanding was...the NR was doing a 90% draw down in their military force...but the local planets and systems would establish their own defense forces to cover their territory with the NR being called in if the issue was too big for them to deal with alone.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#32]

My understanding was...the NR was doing a 90% draw down in their military force...but the local planets and systems would establish their own defense forces to cover their territory with the NR being called in if the issue was too big for them to deal with alone.
View Quote
That's how I'd do it, but I'm curious as to where you're getting that, because I don't recall that conversation.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Leon Phelps is now a NR officer?
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 2:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#35]

View All Quotes

The New Republic was pushing the Russan Reformation, a period of time in the Old Republic where the Republic didn't have a military force. In fact, leading up to the Clone Wars, the Russan Reformation was in effect and you saw it during Episode I. The Republic sent two Jedi on a Judicial Ship. They didn't send a military force to break the Trade Federation's blockage.

Under the Ruusan Reformation, systems and sectors were supposed to have local defense forces. The biggest thing is, those forces became like American state militias after the US Civil War. A bunch of drinking clubs that were worthless.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#36]
That's how I'd do it, but I'm curious as to where you're getting that, because I don't recall that conversation.
View All Quotes

Look up the Ruusan Reformation .
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 4:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#37]
View All Quotes

The Aftermath series.

This is from Wookieepedia but it sources where the info comes from.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Planetary_defense_forces?so=search#cite_note-Aftermath-7

New Republic era

In the aftermath of the New Republic's victory over the remnants of the Galactic Empire, the Senate passed the Military Disarmament Act. While the act kept the New Republic Defense Fleet as the largest defense force in the galaxy, it greatly reduced its size and capabilities,[1] as the New Republic preferred to bolster the training and funding for the local planetary defense forces.[7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:37:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#38]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:43:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#39]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Click To View Spoiler

Prediction...Click To View Spoiler

The Imps had the Carrack Class Light Cruiser for picket duty in the Outer Rim.

https://i.imgur.com/8Y2cpyW.jpg

Held three TIE L/N Fighters on external racks.

Per Rebels...the most prevalent ships they used were Gozantis and Arquitens.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 5:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#40]
delete.

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#41]

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/3b/Gozanti-class_cruiser_SWR.png

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/ca/SWBII-ImperialCruiser.png
View All Quotes
Click To View Spoiler

The Imps had the Carrack Class Light Cruiser for picket duty in the Outer Rim.

https://i.imgur.com/8Y2cpyW.jpg

Held three TIE L/N Fighters on external racks.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/3b/Gozanti-class_cruiser_SWR.png

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/ca/SWBII-ImperialCruiser.png

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I agree with that spoiler.  I thought the two BB episodes were great, and the animation of the action sequences was fantastic. It always makes be wonder WTF is going on with some of the lame episodes in a season when they clearly are capable of making great stuff.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Mandolorian was pretty great too, and while I like Bo Katan and am very interested in where the story is going, it's a little annoying that this is this is pretty much her show now.  Been a long time since we've heard the phrase "I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold," and it shows.  Don't get me wrong here, I am really enjoying Mandolorian over all, but I'm definitely missing some gritty Mando bounty hunter.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought the TK Shock Troopers looked pretty sharp. A nice evolution from the Clone Shock Trooper design.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone else notice that at least half of the problems from the bad batch could be solved by leaving someone on the ship or having an autopilot?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:59:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone else notice that at least half of the problems from the bad batch could be solved by leaving someone on the ship or having an autopilot?
View Quote

Yeah, or locking the door.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 10:10:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#47]
Anakin’s Deleted Fight is 10X CRAZIER than what we saw

Say what you will about Hayden but the dude can swing a sword like crazy, this is what the Doku and Anakin fight should’ve been. Also, I’ve always liked Hayden.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Ahsoka villain rumor.  

Click To View Spoiler

Click at your own risk.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Ahsoka villain rumor.  

Click To View Spoiler

Click at your own risk.
View Quote

That'd be a fun story
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Can we No-prize that to just be Greef’s staff that bravely fled to a couple hundred yards outside of the city?
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top