Ahsoka villain rumor.  

Click To View Spoiler

Click at your own risk.

That'd be a fun story

Yeah I’d have no issue with it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
And that's the downside of a TV show with a 40 foot stage with the fancy LED background machine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Yeah, or locking the door.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Anyone else notice that at least half of the problems from the bad batch could be solved by leaving someone on the ship or having an autopilot?

Yeah, or locking the door.

Thats always driven me nuts.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:

Mmm. This is the way.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

Mmm. This is the way.

Man, I noticed that

in the last episode.  Is this actually Sackoff or a body double?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Ahsoka villain rumor.  

Click To View Spoiler

Click at your own risk.

That'd be a fun story

I'd love more of Ashoka during the empires reign, likely need a younger actress but that'd be the shiznizzle
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Basically the events following the Ahsoka book which is worth a read
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting. Is Maul still alive at this point?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Interesting. Is Maul still alive at this point?
View Quote

No but Moff Gideon had the Dark Saber so they may have followed him....

Guessing they didn't follow Bo Katan so they might afollowed whomever won it in combat
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Stonia:
Mandolorian was pretty great too, and while I like Bo Katan and am very interested in where the story is going, it's a little annoying that this is this is pretty much her show now.  Been a long time since we've heard the phrase "I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold," and it shows.  Don't get me wrong here, I am really enjoying Mandolorian over all, but I'm definitely missing some gritty Mando bounty hunter.
View Quote

I would much rather have that kind of show than the mixed bag of a show we have now.  However, it’s harder to have that kind of show with Baby Yoda pretty much attached to his hip for the shoehorned “aww” moments and there wasn’t a chance in hell Disney was going to drop that merchandise machine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

I would much rather have that kind of show than the mixed bag of a show we have now.  However, it’s harder to have that kind of show with Baby Yoda pretty much attached to his hip for the shoehorned “aww” moments and there wasn’t a chance in hell Disney was going to drop that merchandise machine.
View All Quotes
Mandolorian was pretty great too, and while I like Bo Katan and am very interested in where the story is going, it's a little annoying that this is this is pretty much her show now.  Been a long time since we've heard the phrase "I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold," and it shows.  Don't get me wrong here, I am really enjoying Mandolorian over all, but I'm definitely missing some gritty Mando bounty hunter.

I will trade Bounty Mando for a good mix of Squad Mando w/ Bo Katan on CAP and better animation of baby Yoda doing actual training things.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't understand why Bo-Katan was asked by the Armorer to unit the clans?

Bo has already been rejected by the clans. She's already failed as the leader.  She doesn't possess the Dark Saber.  This seems to be taking the show off the rails and cancelling all the character development done for Din up until now.  Din is "The Mandalorian," he has the Dark Saber, he embodies the ideals and values of the Mandalorian people and my hope was that overtime he would discover his leadership potential and go from being a loner to a uniting force for the Mandalorians.

Din is basically supposed to be King Arthur.  He pulled the sword. Knights of high quality should now gather around him like Fenn Rau and others including those of the Death Watch.  I expected to see him pull even the support of Boba Fett and maybe even some fan service to the EU guys by bringing in some retired Clone Commandos who lived by the code. Basically, every Mandalorian across the Galaxy should now be rallying to his side.  However, in the last episode it wasn't even mentioned that they should follow Din to recapture Navarjo from the pirates because Din has the Dark Saber.  I mean isn't that their code?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm still so confused about this scene; it came outta nowhere. They must have accidentally cut some important scene out and forgot about it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#14]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

I will trade Bounty Mando for a good mix of Squad Mando w/ Bo Katan on CAP and better animation of baby Yoda doing actual training things.
View All Quotes
[/img]

A show that’s a mix of Squad Mando w/ Bo Katan and has good CGI/puppetry for Baby Yoda who largely does actual training things?

That sounds like a fun show.  Any idea when it comes out? [img]/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

Bo has already been rejected by the clans. She's already failed as the leader.  She doesn't possess the Dark Saber.  This seems to be taking the show off the rails and cancelling all the character development done for Din up until now.  Din is "The Mandalorian," he has the Dark Saber, he embodies the ideals and values of the Mandalorian people and my hope was that overtime he would discover his leadership potential and go from being a loner to a uniting force for the Mandalorians.

Din is basically supposed to be King Arthur.  He pulled the sword. Knights of high quality should now gather around him like Fenn Rau and others including those of the Death Watch.  I expected to see him pull even the support of Boba Fett and maybe even some fan service to the EU guys by bringing in some retired Clone Commandos who lived by the code. Basically, every Mandalorian across the Galaxy should now be rallying to his side.  However, in the last episode it wasn't even mentioned that they should follow Din to recapture Navarjo from the pirates because Din has the Dark Saber.  I mean isn't that their code?
View Quote
If it was up to me, Grogu would stay with Luke and this season would have been about Mando trying to go back to his old life, but being unable to because other Mandos come to him seeking leadership or try to kill him for the Darksaber. Unlike Jon Snow, he realizes he has no choice but to be the leader.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
I'm still so confused about this scene; it came outta nowhere. They must have accidentally cut some important scene out and forgot about it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/C76CD743-07C1-4101-8EC8-D450F03CC9EC_jpe-2765283.JPG
View Quote
Same same.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#17]

#doubt

The super commando Mandos followed Saxon to become Imperial super commandos. So it would be the imperial mandos that rescued him, if it was in fact a mando rescue party.

I still think it’s a case of rando mandos taking him to mete out some old school justice. Maybe the owls that left Bo after season 1.

With a frame job being another strong possibility.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]

A show that’s a mix of Squad Mando w/ Bo Katan and has good CGI/puppetry for Baby Yoda who largely does actual training things?

That sounds like a fun show.  Any idea when it comes out?
View Quote

The mouse would never let that show come out...
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Something the mouse WOULD let come out though…

Drinker's Chasers - ANOTHER Rey Skywalker Movie?!

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#20]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvYa2C69C9w
View Quote

I was just listening to this on my subs...
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

She has walked in good faith among the Children of the Watch and walked among the other mandalorians who consider them a cult....
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

#doubt

The super commando Mandos followed Saxon to become Imperial super commandos. So it would be the imperial mandos that rescued him, if it was in fact a mando rescue party.

I still think it’s a case of rando mandos taking him to mete out some old school justice. Maybe the owls that left Bo after season 1.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD762:

#doubt

Lots of possibilities
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Some interesting parallels between the show and Arthurian legend. Magic sword, armored knights being the obvious ones.

More importantly though, I think the Mythosaur is King Arthur. He’ll rise from the underworld to unite his people in their hour of need. Arthur wasn’t important as an individual warrior or politician, but as a symbol to unite the Britons.

Some more oblique links would be that both the Mandos and the Britons (at the time lol) are only interested in their little corner of the universe, not in conquest and empire building.

You can even stretch it a bit that each symbol of unity unites his people in the wake of an occupying empire’s collapse, though that depends on which historical interpretation of Arthur you subscribe to.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Bo has already been rejected by the clans. She's already failed as the leader.  She doesn't possess the Dark Saber.  This seems to be taking the show off the rails and cancelling all the character development done for Din up until now.  Din is "The Mandalorian," he has the Dark Saber, he embodies the ideals and values of the Mandalorian people
and my hope was that overtime he would discover his leadership potential and go from being a loner to a uniting force for the Mandalorians.

View Quote

True, but this is Disney and Din Djarin has a penis.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Bo has already been rejected by the clans. She's already failed as the leader.  She doesn't possess the Dark Saber.  This seems to be taking the show off the rails and cancelling all the character development done for Din up until now.  Din is "The Mandalorian," he has the Dark Saber, he embodies the ideals and values of the Mandalorian people
and my hope was that overtime he would discover his leadership potential and go from being a loner to a uniting force for the Mandalorians.

Can't get more Mandalorian than the royal Bo-Katan
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Disney really wants to run SW into the ground.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Disney took the exit for "Run SW Into the Ground" years ago.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Disney took the exit for "Run SW Into the Ground" years ago.
View Quote

then circled back and took it again twice more.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:40:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#29]

View Quote

Because of her history.  She is the last surviving member of the last family to rule Mandalore...until her nephew Korkie Kenobi shows up.   She stood for Mandalore against both Maul and the Empire. She is a seasoned military leader.  And she has had her faith restored by seeing the Mythosaur.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Din is "The Mandalorian,"
View Quote
Grogu is "The Mandalorian"
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By November5:
View All Quotes
Din is "The Mandalorian,"

They are all The Mandalorian
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Started watching the new season of Mando. I am fucking sick of that baby Yoda-like creature.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Makarov:
Started watching the new season of Mando. I am fucking sick of that baby Yoda-like creature.
View Quote

Well that's too damn bad
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Yeah, I think him and his shoehorned “aww, look how cute he is” moments are REALLY played out at this point.

Alas, Baby Yoda is one of the biggest character moneymakers Disney’s SW has ever had so, no matter how much they have to alter the story to accommodate it…

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Same same.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/C76CD743-07C1-4101-8EC8-D450F03CC9EC_jpe-2765283.JPG
Same same.

Yah, same here. I saw that and was like “heyyy that looked like it would be cool to see…”
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Show is still entertaining and Wife and I like it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Can we get this too

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:05:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#38]

C’mon, that could actually be watchable. They needed to pick something super out there. A freaking Nien Nunb 4-movie arc with supporting animated and live action TV series, books, comics, you name it. The Nunbverse.

Or an Order 66 card game. Something goofy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Gets excited....looks at date....disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Don't be a knucklehead like ke;  BB was a two episode drop

Now goggles comments make sense.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BB:

Did you notice
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Got a chuckle out of this mando meme…

This is the way, brother!

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Torqued:
Got a chuckle out of this mando meme…

This is the way, brother!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/103248/IMG_0416-2766397.jpg
View Quote

This is my favorite Macho Man meme:

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

I didn't get that impression at all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
Originally Posted By BB:

Did you notice
Click To View Spoiler

I didn't get that impression at all.

Then you weren't paying close enough attention.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]
This Mandalorian game looks AMAZING!
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Naporter:
It does raise the question of why the Kaminoans were so obsessed over finding Omega if other copies of her existed.
View Quote

I mentioned this to my kids, who responded with something along the lines of, "You idiot, they want her in order to motivate Nala Se!"
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Then you weren't paying close enough attention.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 2:53:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GutWrench] [#48]
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Omega is a female. (I think? You just never know anymore) anyway I digress. I think this is how they are going to create the merry sue Palpatine. By splicing omega with papa Palpatine and wala. Instant Jedi.

Edited to add. Maybe they will splice them both with what DNA they salvaged from Luke’s hand? It will be a triple threat clone.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

Omega is a female. (I think? You just never know anymore) anyway I digress. I think this is how they are going to create the merry sue Palpatine. By splicing omega with papa Palpatine and wala. Instant Jedi.

Edited to add. Maybe they will splice them both with what DNA they salvaged from Luke's hand? It will be a triple threat clone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Click To View Spoiler

Edited to add. Maybe they will splice them both with what DNA they salvaged from Luke's hand? It will be a triple threat clone.
They could have used two X chromosomes from Jango
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

At this point, Groggy is no longer a baby.  He's clearly aware of what goes on around him and is able to understand conversations and follow orders and act independently.  Shit, he's a better fighter than at least one youngling.  He needs to start talking.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top