Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

Didn't we debunk that chart like 4 pages ago?

Anyhow, you're more than welcome to just stop watching.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Again, trying to appeal to a large group of folks. Streaming services are facing major issues and Nielsen ratings are an outdated method of monitoring. All the streaming services are having people drop their memberships. I know a few folks that won't sign back up for Disney+ until the season is over so they can pay for one month and binge watch the entire season.

Personally, I don’t think that’s a valid excuse for Mando’s ratings dropping off a cliff considering the MUCH less talked about Andor, which ended about 4 months ago, did SIGNIFICANTLY better numbers.

Didn't we debunk that chart like 4 pages ago?

Anyhow, you're more than welcome to just stop watching.

His whole presence here is “crabby guy who wants you to stop liking what he doesn’t like”.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
Kinda weak episode   side quest after side quest.
View Quote
It's funny because I feel the total opposite. This is The Mandalorian show that I want to see: Din going on little bounty-type adventures.

I want to see more bounty hunting stuff.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
This show is awful and everyone who likes it should be ashamed.
View Quote

Well, E2 was good at least.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By macman37:

I was always a Rebel but the way the shows are portraying the New Republic I'm leaning third party (guessing that's Separatist) in SW.
View Quote
In the original EU, I hated the Rebels and the New Republic and was happy that the Imperial Remnant took over after the collapse of the New Republic during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion when the Galactic Alliance was formed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet you liked Justified.
View All Quotes

Wait, do we hate Justified right now?

Do you know how a firearm works?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

I tried to like Justified. I found it boring. I'm just using it as an example that people have different tastes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:29:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#7]
In the original EU, I hated the Rebels and the New Republic and was happy that the Imperial Remnant took over after the collapse of the New Republic during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion when the Galactic Alliance was formed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macman37:

I was always a Rebel but the way the shows are portraying the New Republic I'm leaning third party (guessing that's Separatist) in SW.

That kinda reminds me of how the people that watched the Prequel Trilogy BEFORE watching the OG Trilogy seem to have a much higher chance of seeing through the bullshit hypocrisy of the Jedi in the Prequel Trilogy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes

I enjoyed Andor. Fantastic writing and acting.

I guess I am an adult. Hell, TCW and Rebels is better than this pile.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I tried to like Justified. I found it boring. I'm just using it as an example that people have different tastes.
View Quote

How far did you get before you quit?

I wasn’t a huge fan of S1, but as the series progressed I thought it got better.  Of course, I prefer season arcs and am not a fan of the “villain/monster/criminal of the week” format.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#10]
The Womandalorian
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, at least the duel scene was kind of cool.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know the current count for how many times Bo-Katan has saved Din Djarin?

I can recall at least two episodes where she saved him multiple times in just that one episode alone.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
Yeah, it was another sidequest episode, but I thought it was fun.

I liked how the continued world building, the outer rim, far from the reaches of the New Republic continues to do its own thing - crime lords, independent systems, separatists. The planet itself was pretty cool and a lot of it felt prequel is to me. The lower levels and 80s neon vibe felt like some of the clone wars episodes. And I enjoyed the whodunnit CSI styled episode.

Click To View Spoiler
I know there's a lot of hate for all the celebrity cameos, I really didn't cere. I only recognized Jack Black and Christopher Lloyd.

As far as the ending:
Click To View Spoiler
I really noticed the limitations of the volume in this episode - especially in the chase scene.

I wonder if we are going to a surprise spin off show at the end of the season. The end of Season 2 surprised us with BOBF. I wonder if we'll get a Book of Bo Katan? I'd be down for that.

View Quote
I'd go down on that too. Wait...what did YOU mean there?

Nick
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Again, trying to appeal to a large group of folks. Streaming services are facing major issues and Nielsen ratings are an outdated method of monitoring. All the streaming services are having people drop their memberships. I know a few folks that won't sign back up for Disney+ until the season is over so they can pay for one month and binge watch the entire season.

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Or more than one show in a single month

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#15]

I thought he was some kind of lizard species, who was basically just a set of lungs and a brain after being in a fire.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Originally Posted By ICU:

General Grievous...?
Yes, thanks!

He wasn’t a droid and certainly wasn’t a Jedi.
He was a human with cybernetic enhancements. He was trained by Count Dooku in lightsaber combat but was not a Force user.

I thought he was some kind of lizard species, who was basically just a set of lungs and a brain after being in a fire.

Sideous had his ship crashed and turned him into a cyborg and modified his mind some too
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes

But in GD if you disagree the other person is a cock wad
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know the current count for how many times Bo-Katan has saved Din Djarin?

I can recall at least two episodes where she saved him multiple times in just that one episode alone.
View Quote

Unless combat to the death gD damn sure doesn't care

Mind you Mando didn't kill Gideon so he's still thr rightful owner

Actually think it still belongs to the Jedi as the mangos just stole that shit. So I guess it belongs to sideous and then Vader?  But he also died so maybe ghost anakin is the rightful owner?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#18]
That was like watching a completely different show. A poorly done kids show.

My 12 year old daughter turned to me as the credits rolled and said: "yeah that wasn't great". And she is a HUGE fan of the series.

I wanted Bo Katan to end up with the Dark Saber as much as anyone but the way they did that was weak. Katee Sackhoff is really good as that character and they need to keep her character development correct. Her refusing to keep the saber even after using it to save Din in the caves was great. Having her willing to take it later on a technicality was not. I hope I am not the only one who can see that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I really don't get the shock reaction people are having to Din giving up the Darksaber.

Season 2 finale: Is happy to just hand it over, doesn't want it or leadership
Book of Boba Fett: He struggles to use it, injures himself with it
Book of Boba Fett finale and Mandalorian season 3: Darksaber isn't his primary weapon, he often resorts to using it only when blaster, flames, whistling birds fail to get the job done
Mandalorian season 3: His struggles to use it well continue. The blade fights him.

I think that Din considers himself a leader among his clan/tribe/Children of the Watch. He never positions himself as THE leader, nor does he seek to challenge The Armorer, whom he sees as the leader. He is happy to partner with Bo Katan, and challenge her when he prefers his approach. I don't think he wants the higher calling.

He's a lot like Han Solo - he'll step up and do the right thing, lead when necessary, but ultimately doesn't want to be the guy in charge. If you contrast Han and Luke, Luke wants to rebuild the Jedi Order and positions himself as the Jedi Master. After the empire falls, Han largely settles down into an adventurer style role leading a small group fighting the Imperial remnant. He lets Leia take the leader position until the word is dropped that Vader was her dad and she gets booted from the new republic leadership.

Din is very much like Han Solo whereas Bo Katan is much more like Luke/Leia. The Armorer's motives remain unclear but I suspect she is using Bo Katan as a tool and not really setting her to be the leader.

If you look at the hero's journey storytelling format, there is a "call to adventure" that the hero rejects. It is not until the hero experiences a personal loss that the "call to adventure" is taken up and the hero rises to the occasion facing great trials in order to complete the quest and resolve the story. For Luke, iit was the death of Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen (and later Obi Wan) that puts him on the path. It moves a lot faster in a 2.5 hour move vs a 5-6 season show.

Regarding Din, are we seeing him reject the higher calling by choosing not to lead, or have we already seen that with his interactions with Grogu? The personal loss being giving Grogu up and then reconsidering or Grogu being captured by Moff Gideon and the rescue (eventually handing Grogu over to Luke). We shall see.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#20]
almost seems like Din will have to leave Grogu to a Jedi so he can help "restore" Mandalore. probably Ashoka since there is a series in the works for her.

Eventually i think disney will have the mains of the separate shows to be in a series or movie together. mcu infinity war type
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I really don't get the shock reaction people are having to Din giving up the Darksaber.

Season 2 finale: Is happy to just hand it over, doesn't want it or leadership
Book of Boba Fett: He struggles to use it, injures himself with it
Book of Boba Fett finale and Mandalorian season 3: Darksaber isn't his primary weapon, he often resorts to using it only when blaster, flames, whistling birds fail to get the job done
Mandalorian season 3: His struggles to use it well continue. The blade fights him.

I think that Din considers himself a leader among his clan/tribe/Children of the Watch. He never positions himself as THE leader, nor does he seek to challenge The Armorer, whom he sees as the leader. He is happy to partner with Bo Katan, and challenge her when he prefers his approach. I don't think he wants the higher calling.

He's a lot like Han Solo - he'll step up and do the right thing, lead when necessary, but ultimately doesn't want to be the guy in charge. If you contrast Han and Luke, Luke wants to rebuild the Jedi Order and positions himself as the Jedi Master. After the empire falls, Han largely settles down into an adventurer style role leading a small group fighting the Imperial remnant. He lets Leia take the leader position until the word is dropped that Vader was her dad and she gets booted from the new republic leadership.

Din is very much like Han Solo whereas Bo Katan is much more like Luke/Leia. The Armorer's motives remain unclear but I suspect she is using Bo Katan as a tool and not really setting her to be the leader.

If you look at the hero's journey storytelling format, there is a "call to adventure" that the hero rejects. It is not until the hero experiences a personal loss that the "call to adventure" is taken up and the hero rises to the occasion facing great trials in order to complete the quest and resolve the story. For Luke, iit was the death of Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen (and later Obi Wan) that puts him on the path. It moves a lot faster in a 2.5 hour move vs a 5-6 season show.

Regarding Din, are we seeing him reject the higher calling by choosing not to lead, or have we already seen that with his interactions with Grogu? The personal loss being giving Grogu up and then reconsidering or Grogu being captured by Moff Gideon and the rescue (eventually handing Grogu over to Luke). We shall see.

View Quote

I think you may have missed my point. We all know Din was willing to give it up. I was hoping that as he was made aware of it's importance he might change and grow into it. But that does not seem to be the story they want to tell.

My point was more about why Bo refused to take it. She seemed to be undergoing a religious re-awakening that was leading her back to a point where she could "correctly" possess it again. The story and method of transfer seemed to trivialize that journey.

The Mandalorians are a different type of character from most in Star Wars. The importance of the Dark Saber to them is enormous. After all weapons are their religion and everything pivots on that for them. The saber is their Grail.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

I think you may have missed my point. We all know Din was willing to give it up. I was hoping that as he was made aware of it's importance he might change and grow into it. But that does not seem to be the story they want to tell.

My point was more about why Bo refused to take it. She seemed to be undergoing a religious re-awakening that was leading her back to a point where she could "correctly" possess it again. The story and method of transfer seemed to trivialize that journey.

The Mandalorians are a different type of character from most in Star Wars. The importance of the Dark Saber to them is enormous. After all weapons are their religion and everything pivots on that for them. The saber is their Grail.
View Quote

I didn't miss your point, I was making a different one specific to Din. Right now he doesn't want to grow into it, but we may not be done with that just yet.

I agree with your point about the loophole handoff being a letdown, and how it debases Bo Katan's legitimacy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#23]

I didn't miss your point, I was making a different one specific to Din. Right now he doesn't want to grow into it, but we may not be done with that just yet.

I agree with your point about the loophole handoff being a letdown, and how it debases Bo Katan's legitimacy.
View All Quotes

My takeaway is this *is* the story they want to tell. I don't see it as lazy story writing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Got it. I especially agree with the bolded part of what you said. This show was originally about him and since it is just called "The Mandalorian" I think many of us hope his journey will be more significant.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Yeah, but as others have pointed out, strange women lying in ponds distributing laser swords is no basis for a system of government.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Holy fuck. Until now, I swear I thought the queen was that fat chick that lost in Georgia. I kept trying to look for the gap teeth, but didn't see it. It wasn't until this thread that I find out that it was another fat chick that sings.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
Holy fuck. Until now, I swear I thought the queen was that fat chick that lost in Georgia. I kept trying to look for the gap teeth, but didn't see it. It wasn't until this thread that I find out that it was another fat chick that sings.
View Quote

I still don't know who that is and don't care to look
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:01:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GutWrench] [#29]
I know a lot of people are seeing this as “girl power” the last couple episodes. Mando’s skills have been put on the back burner to let Bo-Karan’s character shine a little. I don’t personally have a problem with it but I can see how some do.

Most people are aware that the Feloni and Favero (spelling I know) guy are attempting to build up the whole SW universe using this series. We also have to remember they deleted a bunch of scenes with Cara Dune. She was to tie up some loose ends and I believe the part with the Asian dude was written to fill in her deleted scene as they would have contacted her for support as she was their friend. I would guess most of the things we are seeing as crap are reshoots to fill in the gaps where her parts were.

Star Wars is a cluster fuck because of Disney’s poor woke policy and agenda and that cunt bitch Kathleen Kennedy. They are trying to still make it watchable for everyone. They are trying to please everyone and it shows.

Sadly this is the best Star Wars we are going to get.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Got it. I especially agree with the bolded part of what you said. This show was originally about him and since it is just called "The Mandalorian" I think many of us hope his journey will be more significant.
View Quote

Oh for sure. While there's a certain allure to the spaghetti western bounty hunter episode of the week storytelling format that so many fans crave, it's limiting from a character development standpoiont.

I think there's room for the growth people want, playing a larger role in the Mandalorian society, without being the top dog. Obi Wan is a great example - certainly a leader within the Jedi Order, but not THE leader. He still had plenty of solo adventures without being bogged down by the weight of being the Jedi Grand Master. This is where I want to see Din grow.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

View Quote

Much as it pains me to say it I think Andor is better than Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Andor is maybe the best star wars content IMHO
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By fredegar:

Anything is possible, but I think it’s highly unlikely this is the last season.
View All Quotes

And, considering this could be the last season, hopefully don’t end on a cliffhanger.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

View Quote

Andor is a really damn good show that just so happens to occur in the Star Wars universe. Which I love.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Andor is a really damn good show that just so happens to occur in the Star Wars universe. Which I love.
View All Quotes

If you require space wizards .....

At some point there is more recent content than original and prequels by a LOT... some of is bound to make some folks unhappy which is actually incredibly easy in GD
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Andor was great. Very refreshing to see them take a Star Wars show that direction. I enjoyed the fist have of the season best.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Concur
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Andor hands down the best Series of the D+ era.

Mando S1 is 2nd.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:02:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#39]
Well, I'm deeply disappointed and frankly sad about this season of "The Mandalorian."

The show is a mess now narratively.  Din Djarin was on a clear character path to go from lone gun slinger to leader. I had anticipated that Bo Katan and he would become "partners" and perhaps even romantically involved with one another complimenting each other as great couples do.  Din could have united the Children of the Watch and the other sects by winning over their loyalty through inspiring heroics and his pure heart.  I expect a King Arthur tale with Grogu as a sort of Merlin, but nope the force is female!  

Apparently, in the Star Wars galaxy the only male leaders are tyrants or fools.  Every great hero in Star War is now a woman whether Jin Orso, Rey, or now Bo Katan.  The men are all subservient to the great leadership of women. I guess little boys out there get nothing, but essentially emasculating bullshit 24/7.  No heroes for the boys, which probably explains why so many Gen Z kids want to play female characters in video games these days.

Din Djarin is now a passive supporting character with nothing left in terms of character development. When he handed the Dark Saber to Bo Katan that was the end of his character development.  They don't even seem to have a clue what to do with Grogu now either, he's just become a cute character to sell toys with no character development left.  

I'm going to finish out this season, but if the story doesn't change to set Din back on his character arch to becoming "The Mandalore" then I'm cancelling Disney Plus until the "Ahsoka" series, which I don't have high hopes for given how miserably every Disney live action series has performed so far. I'm happy with the Bad Batch so far and so at least there is that, but the live action stuff is now all shit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Well, I'm deeply disappointed and frankly sad about this season of "The Mandalorian."

The show is a mess now narratively.  Din Djarin was on a clear character path to go from lone gun slinger to leader. I had anticipated that Bo Katan and he would become "partners" and perhaps even romantically involved with one another complimenting each other as great couples do.  Din could have united the Children of the Watch and the other sects by winning over their loyalty through inspiring heroics and his pure heart.  I expect a King Arthur tale with Grogu as a sort of Merlin, but nope the force is female!  

Apparently, in the Star Wars galaxy the only male leaders are tyrants or fools.  Every great hero in Star War is now a woman whether Jin Orso, Rey, or now Bo Katan.  The men are all subservient to the great leadership of women. I guess little boys out there get nothing, but essentially emasculating bullshit 24/7.  No heroes for the boys, which probably explains why so many Gen Z kids want to play female characters in video games these days.

Din Djarin is now a passive supporting character with nothing left in terms of character development. When he handed the Dark Saber to Bo Katan that was the end of his character development.  They don't even seem to have a clue what to do with Grogu now either, he's just become a cute character to sell toys with no character development left.  

I'm going to finish out this season, but if the story doesn't change to set Din back on his character arch to becoming "The Mandalore" then I'm cancelling Disney Plus until the "Ahsoka" series, which I don't have high hopes for given how miserably every Disney live action series has performed so far. I'm happy with the Bad Batch so far and so at least there is that, but the live action stuff is now all shit.
View Quote

After years of time (that we know of) the Mandalorians still looked at Din as a religious zealot and literally said as much... even as he had held the dark saber for many years as well.  

They gonna be down for him after 10 more years of heroics?  No?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I know a lot of people are seeing this as “girl power” the last couple episodes. Mando’s skills have been put on the back burner to let Bo-Karan’s character shine a little. I don’t personally have a problem with it but I can see how some do.

Most people are aware that the Feloni and Favero (spelling I know) guy are attempting to build up the whole SW universe using this series. We also have to remember they deleted a bunch of scenes with Cara Dune. She was to tie up some loose ends and I believe the part with the Asian dude was written to fill in her deleted scene as they would have contacted her for support as she was their friend. I would guess most of the things we are seeing as crap are reshoots to fill in the gaps where her parts were.

Star Wars is a cluster fuck because of Disney’s poor woke policy and agenda and that cunt bitch Kathleen Kennedy. They are trying to still make it watchable for everyone. They are trying to please everyone and it shows.

View Quote

Shine “a little”?  This isn’t even Din Djarin’s show anymore.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Good thing its about The Mandalorian and No the Din Show
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#43]

I don't know who she is
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
Execute page 66

Anyhoo, I saw Jack Black and Chris Loyyld.  Am I the only one who didn't know who lizzo is?

I don't know who she is

New actress cast to play the Hutt
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

And, considering this could be the last season, hopefully don’t end on a cliffhanger.

Ain't the fucking last season, not even close. People need to knock off the histrionics.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Ain't the fucking last season, not even close. People need to knock off the histrionics.
View All Quotes

It's not people. It's person.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BklynZoo:

I can't believe that I'm reading a bunch of these posts praising or making excuses for this abomination of a season.  Kathleen Kennedy is clearly fully in control here and this season's "girl power" theme emasculating Din Djarin on his own show is likely to end with Dylan Mulvaney as the new hero in the finale and half of you will cheer it on.  Then you wonder why society is where it is and why our rights are always at risk.  How we have fallen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BklynZoo:
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
That had to be the worst Mando episode of the entire SERIES

I can't believe that I'm reading a bunch of these posts praising or making excuses for this abomination of a season.  Kathleen Kennedy is clearly fully in control here and this season's "girl power" theme emasculating Din Djarin on his own show is likely to end with Dylan Mulvaney as the new hero in the finale and half of you will cheer it on.  Then you wonder why society is where it is and why our rights are always at risk.  How we have fallen.

Might want to get your meds adjusted. I'm not a fan of Bo Katan but to act like her story arch is girl power out of nowhere.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Well he can't shit on GoT anymore, so it's literally every other show. It's a hobby of his.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Well he can't shit on GoT anymore, so it's literally every other show. It's a hobby of his.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Wanna bet?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:

Naw they crammed Stacy abrams into Star Trek as president of earth or some shit lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:

Naw they crammed Stacy abrams into Star Trek as president of earth or some shit lol
Season 2 of Star Trek: Picard.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#50]

After years of time (that we know of) the Mandalorians still looked at Din as a religious zealot and literally said as much... even as he had held the dark saber for many years as well.  

They gonna be down for him after 10 more years of heroics?  No?
View Quote

They haven't witnessed his deeds and been around him long enough to be inspired.   Bo Katan could have help facilitate that, which is what I had hoped her character would do this season.  That Bo would go from wanting to hold the Dark Saber to realizing that Din is actually the leader Mandalorians need.  Her influence could have tempered his zealotry after he was shun by the Children of the Watch.  It would have been interesting to see Bo go from looking for an angle to screw Din out of the Dark Saber to actually respecting him and perhaps even loving him.  That's the character arch I wanted to see and I had expected, not the "let's build Din up for two season as "The Mandalore" and then just abandon all character development to make this Bo Katan's story.

Din has nowhere to go character wise. He's just a servant of Bo Katan's now. Grogu may as well have just stayed with Luke Skywalker, they've got nothing left for him to do now that his Dad is a nobody.

Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top