User Panel

Page / 178
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Mark Hamill talked about how he was in a theater before A New Hope came out and when a trailer for it came on people were laughing at it.

As far as actors themselves go: one of the worst I heard about was Richard Dreyfuss with Jaws.  That asshole went around before the film came out and trashed it publicly going so far as to basically disavow it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher214:
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Originally Posted By crazytuco:
I'm a couple days behind schedule, but I just watched the most recent Mando episode.  

Holy fuck that sucked.

That story and dialog both were hot garbage.  I can't believe Jon Favreau wrote it.  Not that he's great, but it was total shit.  It was like I was watching a fucking D&D adventure I took part in back in jr high in the mid-80's.  

And that fight at the end?  So the one guy can pull a knife, launch a fucking rocket, and shoot at Bo Katan with a flamethrower??? But she won't pull a blaster and just shoot him in the fucking face?  So dumb.

You can write the best material in the world and it can still be screwed up by the wrong director.  Bryce Dallas Howard has her style and it was wrong for that episode.

If Favreau had directed it himself, it would have been totally different.  When he directs, the episodes are usually really good.
Also, George Lucas himself did a shitty job and if it was for his ex-wife being an amazing editor, Star Wars would have flopped.

IIRC, Harrison Ford just knew the first movie was going to flop because his experience told him it was hot garbage.

He did?  I just recall Mark Hamill telling the story about how he was concerned about a minor continuity error involving his hair and Ford telling him "hey kid, it ain't that kind of movie. If people are looking at your hair, we're all in big trouble."

I've heard a smattering of comments in various documentaries.  At one point, after criticism during a take, he said "that's not how people fucking talk, George!"  During filming, he seemed to think the whole thing was amateur hour and poorly made and was worried that it was going to hurt his career being in a shit-tier sci-if movie.  Which, to his credit, a lot of people had doubts about Star Wars during production.

Mark Hamill talked about how he was in a theater before A New Hope came out and when a trailer for it came on people were laughing at it.

As far as actors themselves go: one of the worst I heard about was Richard Dreyfuss with Jaws.  That asshole went around before the film came out and trashed it publicly going so far as to basically disavow it.

The documentary on the making of Jaws was interesting.  Spielberg wanted to actually film it on the water, which made things incredibly difficult as far as weather and lighting.  Apparently, it was getting so expensive and there were so many delays, the plug was nearly pulled a few times.  Spielberg was considered a risk for the director's spot at that point so the execs already didn't have a lot of faith in him pulling it off.  The mechanical shark had issues and looked like shit initially, too.  They ended up dropping the shark from most scenes and just using surface objects and music to represent the monster, in a Hitchcock style.  I'm sure before seeing the final product, Dreyfuss had doubts but that's still a bad move on his part.

"The Movies That Made Us" is a great series and shows how most of the greatest movies had major issues in production and some very nearly didn't get made.  For example, Bruce Willis' casting in Die Hard was considered a joke and people were ridiculing the movie poster with his face on it so much, the studio took him off and just showed the building.  Before that movie, he had only done comedy/romance.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]

The documentary on the making of Jaws was interesting.  Spielberg wanted to actually film it on the water, which made things incredibly difficult as far as weather and lighting.  Apparently, it was getting so expensive and there were so many delays, the plug was nearly pulled a few times.  Spielberg was considered a risk for the director's spot at that point so the execs already didn't have a lot of faith in him pulling it off.  The mechanical shark had issues and looked like shit initially, too.  They ended up dropping the shark from most scenes and just using surface objects and music to represent the monster, in a Hitchcock style.  I'm sure before seeing the final product, Dreyfuss had doubts but that's still a bad move on his part.

"The Movies That Made Us" is a great series and shows how most of the greatest movies had major issues in production and some very nearly didn't get made.  For example, Bruce Willis' casting in Die Hard was considered a joke and people were ridiculing the movie poster with his face on it so much, the studio took him off and just showed the building.  Before that movie, he had only done comedy/romance.
View All Quotes
I'm a couple days behind schedule, but I just watched the most recent Mando episode.  

Holy fuck that sucked.

That story and dialog both were hot garbage.  I can't believe Jon Favreau wrote it.  Not that he's great, but it was total shit.  It was like I was watching a fucking D&D adventure I took part in back in jr high in the mid-80's.  

And that fight at the end?  So the one guy can pull a knife, launch a fucking rocket, and shoot at Bo Katan with a flamethrower??? But she won't pull a blaster and just shoot him in the fucking face?  So dumb.

You can write the best material in the world and it can still be screwed up by the wrong director.  Bryce Dallas Howard has her style and it was wrong for that episode.

If Favreau had directed it himself, it would have been totally different.  When he directs, the episodes are usually really good.
Also, George Lucas himself did a shitty job and if it was for his ex-wife being an amazing editor, Star Wars would have flopped.

IIRC, Harrison Ford just knew the first movie was going to flop because his experience told him it was hot garbage.

He did?  I just recall Mark Hamill telling the story about how he was concerned about a minor continuity error involving his hair and Ford telling him "hey kid, it ain't that kind of movie. If people are looking at your hair, we're all in big trouble."

I've heard a smattering of comments in various documentaries.  At one point, after criticism during a take, he said "that's not how people fucking talk, George!"  During filming, he seemed to think the whole thing was amateur hour and poorly made and was worried that it was going to hurt his career being in a shit-tier sci-if movie.  Which, to his credit, a lot of people had doubts about Star Wars during production.

I find it hilarious how Die Hard is, arguably, THE greatest action film of all time and none of the big names wanted anything to do with it.  Hell, even some B-listers turned down the lead.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]

I find it hilarious how Die Hard is, arguably, THE greatest action film of all time and none of the big names wanted anything to do with it.  Hell, even some B-listers turned down the lead.
View All Quotes

Holy fuck that sucked.

Sounds similar to Top Gun. Cruise wasn’t the top choice, but he made that movie and the movie made his career.

I think Matthew Modine (IIRC) was the actor they wanted for Maverick but he declined because the movie glorified war or something.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
She's already complaining about the backlash. Bitch it totally out of touch. Hot as fuck tho.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
Michael Caine Jaws: The Revenge (1987)- "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
She's already complaining about the backlash. Bitch it totally out of touch. Hot as fuck tho.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:

Katee Sackhoff is ugly and Daisy Ridley is hot as fuck?

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anybody else think that the Dawn of the Jedi movie that was described as a biblical epic will center around The Father, Son, and the Daughter on Mortis?

Or at least heavily feature the three?
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#11]

One more season makes sense, although I’ll be sad when it’s over.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:33:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freakinout] [#12]
Coffee is good

Eta wrong thread
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Coffee is good

Eta wrong thread
View Quote

It’s 0430. That could go in any thread.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

View All Quotes
Coffee is good

Eta wrong thread

Flight leaves airport in an hour or so, way too early and no booze for 20 more minutes
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Let my lady friend catch up on Mando S3, she apparently hates lizzo with a passion and I still don't know who she is
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Flight leaves airport in an hour or so, way too early and no booze for 20 more minutes
View All Quotes
Coffee is good

Eta wrong thread

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Coffee is good

Eta wrong thread

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/36/5d/12365dac921420748a3321a6e03c0863.jpg

First class drink service doesn't suck

Going to Wasatch brewery for lunch when I get in, at least that's the plan ATM
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Clone uprising is my guess and most of them die.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#19]

First class drink service doesn't suck

Going to Wasatch brewery for lunch when I get in, at least that's the plan ATM
View Quote

Better than my day. I’m still at work for another couple hours.

View Quote

Aren’t you a ray of sunshine
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

That'd be fun to see, to some extent
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#21]
"Bad Batch" will refer to the entire clone trooper army by the end.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Star Wars is woke boys. Nothing we can say to change it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
View Quote

And the people that support it with views are enemies of our rights.  There are no two ways about it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
View Quote
They will need to canonicality explain where all the Clones went. A Clone Revolt against the Empire is the best explanation. Most get killed and ground into Imperial Soilent Green and feed to Andor while he's in prison. Anything else makes no sense. They can't all simply be retired and sent to the Imperial VA where they age out while collecting benefits. Clones by the time of thr original trilogy are long gone.

So the logical reasoning is they rise up against the Empire and get killed off.

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#25]
They will need to canonicality explain where all the Clones went. A Clone Revolt against the Empire is the best explanation. Most get killed and ground into Imperial Soilent Green and feed to Andor while he's in prison. Anything else makes no sense. They can't all simply be retired and sent to the Imperial VA where they age out while collecting benefits. Clones by the time of thr original trilogy are long gone.

View Quote

Growing discontent among the clones, tension between clones and their imperial command staff, and acknowledgments by the empire that they are becoming a problem.

When word gets out about Hemlock’s experiments on the clones, which was foreshadowed this season when he basically says “no one will find out about this,” I think it will kick off with the clones with support of some in the senate.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Laufen:

And the people that support it with views are enemies of our rights.  There are no two ways about it.
View All Quotes

So, you're not posting on a Chinese made phone or computer, right? Why are you in Arfcom in the first place? They use Amazon as a IT service to run the forum.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Back in my day the Grand Army of the republic was folded into the Imperial Army and Vader favored Fett clones for the 501st.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

I don’t think many people actually support it. They just like Star Wars and will take what they can get. I am guilty. I could watch nothing at all I suppose. But I need some form of entertainment other than working out, shooting, fishing and fucking.

But I get what you are saying.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:37:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Laufen] [#29]
So, you're not posting on a Chinese made phone or computer, right? Why are you in Arfcom in the first place? They use Amazon as a IT service to run the forum.
View All Quotes

This is the lamest reply when people are confronted with their bad decision making.  
I need a phone and computer to support myself and there aren't many options for USA built electronics from non-woke companies.  You don't need Space Man movies that fund the destruction of my rights.  Do you?  

If I could buy electronics from a Non-woke, USA company I'd do it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#30]

I don’t think many people actually support it. They just like Star Wars and will take what they can get. I am guilty. I could watch nothing at all I suppose. But I need some form of entertainment other than working out, shooting, fishing and fucking.

But I get what you are saying.
View Quote

By consuming their content you are supporting it.  There's better stuff to watch that isn't weaponized against our Constitutional Rights.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#31]
This is the lamest reply when people are confronted with their bad decision making.  
I need a phone and computer to support myself and there aren't many options for USA built electronics from non-woke companies.  You don't need Space Man movies that fund the destruction of my rights.  Do you?  

View All Quotes

Your opinion has been noted. You are now invited to exit this thread, and go back to your phone and computer built by child slaves.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

Back in my day the Grand Army of the republic was folded into the Imperial Army and Vader favored Fett clones for the 501st.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD762:

Yup
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Why are you shit posting here is what I'm wondering
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Bad decisions? LOL

Go live in a cabin off grid then.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Bad decisions? LOL

View All Quotes

Bad decisions? LOL

I don’t need to live off grid to keep from supporting Disney.  Your childish decisions actively corrode our rights.   Congratulations on the new spaceman show.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Why are you supporting Disney is what I’m wondering.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#37]
I don’t need to live off grid to keep from supporting Disney.  Your childish decisions actively corrode our rights.   Congratulations on the new spaceman show.  
View All Quotes

Bad decisions? LOL

Please just go away. We've heard all the arguments you have before. You've heard all the replies.

With all due respect, just heck off. All you're accomplishing is stroking your own ego.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't need to live off grid to keep from supporting Disney.  Your childish decisions actively corrode our rights.   Congratulations on the new spaceman show.  
View All Quotes

Bad decisions? LOL

I don't need to live off grid to keep from supporting Disney.  Your childish decisions actively corrode our rights.   Congratulations on the new spaceman show.  
LOL, go shit in another thread.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

There are ways to watch spaceman shows without giving money to Disney... in Minecraft.

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:11:15 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#42]

By consuming their content you are supporting it.  There's better stuff to watch that isn't weaponized against our Constitutional Rights.
View Quote

I do what I can. But I like Star Wars. I honestly don’t think my single Disney subscription is going to bring down society. They are going to make woke entertainment regardless.

I understand what you are saying though. However I am not going to isolate myself from the whole world. Life is too short for me to fret that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:12:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gotigers] [#43]

View All Quotes

Coffee is good

Eta wrong thread

LOL

QFT
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:15:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#44]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

Please just go away. We've heard all the arguments you have before. You've heard all the replies.

With all due respect, just heck off. All you're accomplishing is stroking your own ego.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

Bad decisions? LOL

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

Bad decisions? LOL

Darth Hiram, "I find your lack of moral consistency, and selective indignation, troubling..."

Hiram Solo, "Get Bent you nerdy nurf herder."
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MtnMusic:

There are ways to watch spaceman shows without giving money to Disney... in Minecraft.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MtnMusic:

I haven't given Disney a penny since The Rise of Skywalker in 2019... Same with my friends in Minecraft, but they seem to be up on the shows and say they're pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I just started the Thrawn Trilogy on audible. I drive 45-1hr to work and back home. figured id get immersed in more SWU while i commute.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#48]
This is the way

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#49]
The Mandalorian episode where they took out the pirate corsair was great...
Then they follow it up with a stupid detective story on planet Lizzo...
WTF!
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
I just started the Thrawn Trilogy on audible. I drive 45-1hr to work and back home. figured id get immersed in more SWU while i commute.
View Quote

I re-read it a couple years ago after not reading it since the late 90s or early 00s. It holds up. Would make a great two movie series (duology?) with a little editing.

Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top