Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Have several.
The Valkyrie minis will lose charge sitting for a few months.
Had a Seeker 2 battery die, they replaced it free with a Seeker 3 since the battery was obsolete.

Arkfeld is my general pocket light.

My latest is a Valkyrie Turbo from Prime Day (LEP, all throw, very little spill)
Takes CR123s and is pretty frickin sweet.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I have four or five of them, decent lights but for a cheap light I prefer Nitecore or Fenix.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Their technology is better than Surefie the quality is great compared to most. I would say it's just below streamlight, not as good Surefire
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#4]
What arfcom folks don't know is those flashlights have a tiny tracking system that report back to Chicom. Chicom invasion will happen.

Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I was gifted a Warrior X.  First one would not charge.  At all.  Sent it back and got a new one.  The new one will charge and is bright as shit.  But the damn thing gets burning hot very, very fast and quickly becomes uncomfortable to hold in your hand.  And that says nothing about the thoughts in my head that I'm holding an IED in my hand ready to blow up.

I dont think I'd buy one with my money.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was gifted a Warrior X.  First one would not charge.  At all.  Sent it back and got a new one.  The new one will charge and is bright as shit.  But the damn thing gets burning hot very, very fast and quickly becomes uncomfortable to hold in your hand.  And that says nothing about the thoughts in my head that I'm holding an IED in my hand ready to blow up.

I dont think I'd buy one with my money.
View Quote

I left a seeker on max for over an hour as the primary lighting for an outside rehearsal dinner when the power went out.
On a table pointing up at the shelter ceiling.
It got pretty warm but didn't kill anyone
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I like mine...
Arkfeld for ED pocket carry
I have two PL2 Minis mounted on 2 pistols that i alternate EDC
And a Valkyrie mounted on a carbine (bayonet lug mount)

All work just fine, do what I need, and I actually use them - low light/no light training, competition, and semi annual qual certs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Any flash light worth less than $1200 is not GD approved.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an Oden mini on one of my rifles. It's a nice light, and I like the rechargeable feature, but the scout style mount just popped apart one day. I think I can put it back together but I don't have an appropriate tool. The light is only a few months old.
View Quote
That blows. I thought that the ability to quickly remove the light was an interesting feature.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They look nice but aren't dependable lights.
View Quote

My 2 rechargeable 's on my pistols have been fine even when stored for months.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a few and I'm pretty impressed with their performance and longevity.

Best to get them during a sale though.
View Quote
This is my experience as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't comment as I've never used an Olight, my buddy has one and I've never heard him complain. All my lights are either SureFire, Cloud, or Streamlight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I left a seeker on max for over an hour as the primary lighting for an outside rehearsal dinner when the power went out.
On a table pointing up at the shelter ceiling.
It got pretty warm but didn't kill anyone
View Quote

Perhaps for piece of mind I should run the same experiment and see what happens.  But damn, the light gets unbelievably hot.  My hands are all callused and not particularly sensitive, and it becomes too hot to old within 3-4 mins of run time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Perhaps for piece of mind I should run the same experiment and see what happens.  But damn, the light gets unbelievably hot.  My hands are all callused and not particularly sensitive, and it becomes too hot to old within 3-4 mins of run time.
View Quote

Most "tactical" lights aren't meant to run on the highest setting for prolonged periods like a search light.
Olight has them step down gradually to manage heat and the new warriors i think have a prox sensor so they don't melt your gear.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Sofrin for the money.

Yes they're from china.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Where are they made?
View Quote

The same place all of them(and damn near everything else) are made, except for Surefire and Streamlight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The same place all of them(and damn near everything else) are made, except for Surefire and Streamlight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are they made?

I thought Streamlight lights were made in China too?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

And the TLR series lights are merely Assembled in the USA.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a Warrior Mini and got a free upgrade to Mini 2.  Both have been exceptional lights for me.  Rugged, bright, good endurance and waterproof.  For the price it has all the right features and performance I want.  Yes its made is China but for the price no one else is making the same performance and quality.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I regretfully admit that I own an Olight. It's been fine, but I know the quality is capable of burning my house down.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I thought Streamlight lights were made in China too?
View Quote

Most of them are now.  They have a limited number of models made here for Berry compliance purposes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have four or five of them, decent lights but for a cheap light I prefer Nitecore or Fenix.
View Quote

I’m done with Fenix, I had one turn torch snd another the emitter coating scorched and left a dead spot in the beam and their CS wouldn’t replace it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#25]
The only Olight I own is one of the new ink pens with light and green laser , it works well but a little large.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I have been using a S1R Baton II one for 5 years now for work. Zero problems. Use it 2-5 days per week for that entire time - every week for 5 years. It rides in my work bag and gets banged around. I'm not gentle with it.

I also have a couple i3E key chain lights for 5 years. They don't get used as much but are always on my key chain in pocket. Always turn on.

Also have two or three gun lights for 5 years. PL-MINI 2 Valkyrie. They sit on guns and don't get used much. Have not failed.

Would highly recombed olight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I regretfully admit that I own an Olight. It's been fine, but I know the quality is capable of burning my house down.
View Quote

Don't use shit made in China batteries and you shouldn't have much to worry about.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top