Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
The good ol' days, before the one on the left was taken prisoner in Iraq.

His sacrifice will never be forgotten.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#2]
anxieties I got watching that
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Nah....squirrels have entertained me for hours on end in the deer woods or camp.  One minute they're playing like kids, another and they're  fighting like gladiators.  I used to like sitting on a tree stand and seeing how close they'd get to my stand.  Curious little bastards if you barely flick a single finger and they catch sight if it.

Only critters i have kill on sight orders are rats and roaches.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They taste good. I like shooting them and eating them. I hate them for being little destructive rodent cunts.

I put some in a rabbit-squirrel-pheasant-andouille gumbo and they tasted great.
View Quote
That sounds amazing!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
They can be tomato thieves too!  Look at this fat bitch enjoying her spoils of war.  She would never fit in the jar of the OP's post.  They look all friendly and happy, but don't trust them and don't ever turn your back on them!  

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love squirrels.  They are the first thing my dad started me hunting--at five.  I shot my first one at twelve, and have hunted them since.  

View Quote
My daughter is 8, just shot her .22 for the first time last fall. Planning to leave my deer blind set up this year and take her and a .410. I spent so much time ignoring squirrels last bow season it was painful-she's begging me to take her hunting. Not interested in ducks yet, I'm not ready to take her walking all over the fields with a gun for pheasants and she absolutely will not shoot a rabbit(her favorite animal). I figure take her to a blind, hold the gun til time to shoot and let her do it.

I asked if she wants to come turkey hunting next month. Her response? "can I take my gun and shoot a squirrel?"

She doesn't understand open/closed season yet and squirrel doesn't open until September.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you had 1500 buck in outdoor furniture, you deserved to have it destroyed just on general principles. Out door furniture is either plastic, handmade of wood, wicker, or an old couch you put on the porch.

1500 dollars.

Also, limbrats is good eating,
View Quote
Some of our homes don't have wheels.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Squirrels don't bother me. I don't understand the hatred towards them.

There are plenty of animals I'd like to see hunted into extinction, though. Deer is #1 on my list.
View Quote
When they crawl into your bucket truck boom and chew Hydralics hoses to the tune of 7 k your hate will grow.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't care for Chipmunks either. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Squirrels don't bother me. I don't understand the hatred towards them.

There are plenty of animals I'd like to see hunted into extinction, though. Deer is #1 on my list.
View Quote
I'm not bothered by squirrels.  I like watch them, an dfeeding a couple more tame ones in the yards peanuts, and they eat sunflower seeds from the bird feeders.  The dog likes to watch them, although he is not so fast and young now to chase them.
And there are plenty of squirrels way back in the woods that aren't familiar, that would be fine for some wild game stew or roast.  Most gray squirrels here.  A few little red ones lately, and the big fox squirrels are across the other side of the reservoir, alothough I have seen one or two nearby.  

Groundhogs are the varmint that I despise the most, amd one of the few animals I feel no regrets in killing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I love squirrel!  Pan fried or in a stew!
View Quote
True.
And also very true squirrel meat was part of my diet in the 1970's from about October to December.
I even live trapped a few in the backyard and let them go in the freezer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#13]
They are my favorite type of rat
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When they crawl into your bucket truck boom and chew Hydralics hoses to the tune of 7 k your hate will grow.
View Quote
I know it happens, but I've never had issues with squirrels doing that type of shit.

Packrats on the other hand....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]
No, I have one living in my basement..
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I love squirrel!  Pan fried or in a stew!
View Quote
FPNI.

I kept wanting to shoot it. I was hoping at least towards the end when they guy came out that he would bonk it on the head with a ball peen hammer. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Tree rats.  Would kill in areas where permitted.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate them.  A friend's pet one bit me once.  I've been going Jeremiah Johnson on them ever since.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#19]
They destroy my bird feeders 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn right! Telephone and Internet became erratic yesterday morning, finally put back in operation late this afternoon. According to the lineman, a squirrel tried to build a nest in a termination box a couple of miles up the line.

Quoted:
They destroy my bird feeders
View Quote
If your feeder is on a pole, smear some grease on it then sit back and enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Humans are even more disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Humans are even more disgusting.
View Quote
My daughter is a vet tech and agrees.  Humans are more disgusting than most animals.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#23]
To all of you dumb asses who feed them, I hope they cause your transformer to blow and cause you a long power outage that you will bitch about as you feed the squirrels that caused it. And before the witty "I have a generator " retorts, I hope you have to run it a long time. Squirrel!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:11:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My house has cedar siding, it's a constant battle keeping those damned rats from chewing a hole in a wall to set up camp.  Right now, I think I've got all of the grey squirrel holes covered over, but I've got fucking flying squirrels to eradicate.  I've shot several with rat shot or .22 CB's when they've managed to get entirely in the house (usually they get in a wall and push their way down to the drop ceiling in the basement, where my office is).  Planning to replace the cedar siding with Hardiplank or equivalent, but that's a $30k job.  I keep a BB gun close at hand to try to reduce their numbers, don't want to go shooting a .22, even suppressed, outdoors.
View Quote
I nailed a rat trap to my deck rail under a bird feeder....when they come in at night I go out and hide the bird feeders leaving peanut butter on the post and trap...
I spring the trap every morning if there is no flying squirrel in it...put the bird feeders back up during daylight hours.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I love the house destroying fuckers.

I love to mace them, only way i have found to get them out of attic with out them dieing and stinking up the place"
Nothing is more entertaining than a tree rat with a face full of bear mace trying to get out of attic.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:18:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
anxieties I got watching that
View Quote
No shit. I felt bad for the little bastard he kept fattening up and kept putting a smaller hole up. Like watching a cave video going through a tight pass.

I like watching squirrels at the park, in the woods, whenever. Fun little fuckers to watch.

They're even more fun to shoot and eat though!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#28]
If they can survive the winters in Wisconsin, they get a pass in my book. The little furry fuckers never did anything to me.

Edit: Chipmunks also fit that bill, but somehow I don't like them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:48:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I too was just like you and Milton, I loved watching the squirrels.  That ended when they started destroying my ham radio feedlines.  I hate them, the dogs hate them, and they all must die!  

https://i.imgur.com/1SDL1vF.jpg
View Quote
That's nothing, you can barely see the wire.  Check out what those bastards had done to the house I bought last year.  All the way up the ladder rafter.  I still have 16 more feet of roof to pull up to get all the way back to where they chewed on the wires.  

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:07:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Not particularly, but I was tasked with thinning them out.

Hitting them with a 168gr MatchKing was kind of underwhelming...
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:20:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I've got several grays that live in hollow trees around my property, they're friendly, come right up and take a nut outta my hand.
Never had em' cause any damage or get into the garden, of course I live back in the woods, plenty of other stuff for them chew on and eat here.

I raised a fox squirrel before and it was an awesome pet.

Of course I eat them when I get the chance, but my friends the yard squirrels are off limits.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:22:38 AM EDT
[#32]
There is a 90+ year old guy who lives across the street in the summer time.  He hates squirrels, chipmunks, voles everything like that because he has great gardens and all of those things get in there and fuck with them.  He always has some trap or some anti rodent operation going on to get rid of the little bastards bastards.  One day the fucking transformer in front of my house blew and it almost gave me a heart attack.  I look out the window and see the old guy standing in his front yard laughing at something.  Since we now had no power and the action seemed to be going on out side I went out there to see what was going on.  Apparently a squirrel had tripped the transformer and the fried carcass flew all the way across my yard, the street and into his yard where it landed in a still smoking heap practically right were he was working on his flower bed.
Having that thing get fried and shoot about 200 feet through the air and land right next to him made his day.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
<snip>
View Quote
Ok. Can we arrange a fight to the death between you and SuperMoose so we only have brownish one steal your face/bolt head avatar?

Whoever had it first will be given a baseball bat covered with nails sticking out. The other will be given an eggplant. 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That will make memories for a lifetime--for both of you.  Good luck--and be careful!  
View Quote
She's already good with safety, pays attention(knows the first mistake the guns get put away til the next trip) and can recite all 4 rules and why each is important. Tempted to take her out and let her shoot some starlings with the .410 just to see how she does-being unprotected nongame we can shoot them anytime we want. Most anything else, if we want to be legal I have to wait until season opens-although I suppose I could buy some steel shot loads for the .410 and take her out for snow geese too-spring season is open until April 15 here.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Only have red squirrels around my house.

Can't kill enough of them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#36]
This is what they are doing here... 

This worked surprisingly well 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ok. Can we arrange a fight to the death between you and SuperMoose so we only have brownish one steal your face/bolt head avatar?

Whoever had it first will be given a baseball bat covered with nails sticking out. The other will be given an eggplant. 
View Quote
No way, I gave him that cool fucking avatar, but I'll fight you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I like squirrels.  They amuse me.

But they can be very destructive.  In which case, kill them.

Same way with cats.  They are cool, but once they start shitting in my yard its go time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#39]
They chewed into my attic once and cost me $1500 for an exclusion service.

Now I sit out in the backyard and terminate them with extreme prejudice a few times a year to keep the numbers down.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There is a 90+ year old guy who lives across the street in the summer time.  He hates squirrels, chipmunks, voles everything like that because he has great gardens and all of those things get in there and fuck with them.  He always has some trap or some anti rodent operation going on to get rid of the little bastards bastards.  One day the fucking transformer in front of my house blew and it almost gave me a heart attack.  I look out the window and see the old guy standing in his front yard laughing at something.  Since we now had no power and the action seemed to be going on out side I went out there to see what was going on.  Apparently a squirrel had tripped the transformer and the fried carcass flew all the way across my yard, the street and into his yard where it landed in a still smoking heap practically right were he was working on his flower bed.
Having that thing get fried and shoot about 200 feet through the air and land right next to him made his day.
View Quote
My 13.8 Kv breaker trips and recloses, your transformer just blew because squirrels. I get a call, omg I just heard a loud explosion and now I have no power.  Send a line crew, dead squirrel.  Fuck those things, they cost a fortune.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#41]
There's a savage 17hmr that has a higher body count than the us military hanging in the pantry downstairs. Defense of pecan trees is a daily activity.

Squirrels and crows in the trees are in for a high speed bee sting.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There's a savage 17hmr that has a higher body count than the us military hanging in the pantry downstairs. Defense of pecan trees is a daily activity.

Squirrels and crows in the trees are in for a high speed bee sting.
View Quote
You are doing the Lord's work.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'll work.

But when I win, you have to add a black eye to your steal your face avatar.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That'll work.

But when I win, you have to add a black eye to your steal your face avatar.
View Quote
Deal.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#46]
For some reason I read squirrels as "spirituals", and I wondered what the OP had against slavery-era Black music...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Best squirrel launch video.  Chaotic start ends in perfect five point landing 9.5/10
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
We have squirrels all over.

I've never seen a shred of damage from them. They run around, jump from tree to tree, bury acorns.... thats about it.

I can't wait for the day I can get hysterical over them! I'm always looking for reasons to go mother fuckin bonkers over asinine stuff.... but I'll be damned, those little fuckers haven't given me a reason.......yet. 

I'm trying to determine if twitching there tails while perched on tree branches is a good reason to lose my fuckin mind. 
View Quote
I had never really heard of problems with them until a guy I work with ended up with several thousand dollars of damage to his house.   He has per tubing water lines and the squirrels chewed on them.  They would only chew until they got sprayed in the face then move on to a different spot.  This caused a multitude of small
misting leaks wetting the attic insulation slowly until it was too heavy for the Sheetrock at which point it all came down.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Oh the horror!
<----------------

Quoted:
I nailed a rat trap to my deck rail under a bird feeder....when they come in at night I go out and hide the bird feeders leaving peanut butter on the post and trap...
I spring the trap every morning if there is no flying squirrel in it...put the bird feeders back up during daylight hours.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My house has cedar siding, it's a constant battle keeping those damned rats from chewing a hole in a wall to set up camp.  Right now, I think I've got all of the grey squirrel holes covered over, but I've got fucking flying squirrels to eradicate.  I've shot several with rat shot or .22 CB's when they've managed to get entirely in the house (usually they get in a wall and push their way down to the drop ceiling in the basement, where my office is).  Planning to replace the cedar siding with Hardiplank or equivalent, but that's a $30k job.  I keep a BB gun close at hand to try to reduce their numbers, don't want to go shooting a .22, even suppressed, outdoors.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Damn right! Telephone and Internet became erratic yesterday morning, finally put back in operation late this afternoon. According to the lineman, a squirrel tried to build a nest in a termination box a couple of miles up the line.

If your feeder is on a pole, smear some grease on it then sit back and enjoy the show.
View Quote
Or a couple Slinkies on the pole.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top