BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is the release like on the duty holsters. Kind of difficult to make out on videos/ pictures. I am used to the ones like this and they work very well for me. I just naturally find it.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41tRi0nG1IL._AC_SX425_.jpg
View Quote

I have both and prefer the ALS mechanism.  It holds the gun in place better it seems and is easier for me to activate as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

In a weird way I kinda love that about this site.

How does this work?

Kinda like this.

You're a faggot. You're doing it wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm holding a phone in one hand, trying to demonstrate how it works, while tossing a belt setup on a bed to make a quick gif give me a break

I think it was pretty obvious that you were just filming the video off-body and over emphasizing the removal to show the release. Most people caught it, but apparently not all.

How does this work?

Kinda like this.

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have both styles of safariland retention holsters, and both work well for me. The style you have locks onto the trigger guard, and the thumb release style locks onto the slide.
If you are not running a light, either one works. With a light, the thumb release style is the one to use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the release like on the duty holsters. Kind of difficult to make out on videos/ pictures. I am used to the ones like this and they work very well for me. I just naturally find it.

I have both styles of safariland retention holsters, and both work well for me. The style you have locks onto the trigger guard, and the thumb release style locks onto the slide.
If you are not running a light, either one works. With a light, the thumb release style is the one to use.

I’ll probably keep the pro fit and get two with the als w/light.
I tried the bianchi paddle lock (?) years ago and it just didn’t work for my hand/ grip/ draw. So a little leery about trying new things when they cost as much as they do but still want retention.
Also making sure what I order and want are the same and not get the wrong model. I have bad luck that way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

For what pistol? My ALS holsters lock into the ejection port cutout in the slide, and the SLS ones have a strap over the back that rotates down and out of the way. They make holsters with both too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what pistol? My ALS holsters lock into the ejection port cutout in the slide, and the SLS ones have a strap over the back that rotates down and out of the way. They make holsters with both too

The pro fit (mass produced multi model) locks on the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#5]
can we just go back to calling them 'pistol belts' like god intended? the whole battle belt/war belt thing just reeks of tactical mall ninja marketing
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have both and prefer the ALS mechanism.  It holds the gun in place better it seems and is easier for me to activate as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odd that locking on the ejection port is more secure than the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
can we just go back to calling them 'pistol belts' like god intended? the whole battle belt/war belt thing just reeks of tactical mall ninja marketing
View Quote

No, faggot
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I have several pistol belts

I have one battle belt

My battle belt is supported by a pistol belt
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the ALS holsters, wish they made one for the cz with a light.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm holding a phone in one hand, trying to demonstrate how it works, while tossing a belt setup on a bed to make a quick gif give me a break
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Retention:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ScaredWellinformedEyelashpitviper-size_restricted.gif

To draw:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FoolhardyAncientAsianlion-size_restricted.gif

Shitty grip

Sucks when we're reduced to needing an emoji to express good natured ribbing
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think of a pistol belt as leather for CCW
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, faggot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, faggot

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a Hank's Belts belt that I use as a pistol belt. Just the necessities (pistol, mags, light)...that's what a pistol belt is to me.

Battle belts are different. More rigid, more shit on them, and significantly more expensive. You don't go into battle with only a pistol and two mag, and the battle belt lets you add rifle mags, TQ, IFAK, dump pouches, etc with quick access and fairly comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Depends.

I have a long torso.  If I have my PC properly adjusted the bottom of the carrier is above my belly button.  I can wear my belt and PC together and have full access to everything on the belt.
View Quote

I'm in this same category.  With XL plates, if my PC is as high as it is supposed to be, mine still stops well above my belly button.  Plus I wear a belt with gear on it daily anyhow so it just feels natural to me.

Should have added, I have a belt as the quick, bump in the night scenario.  My PC typically stays in the work vehicle in the trunk.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is, however, the G34 jiggles around a lot more in the trigger guard retention model than the ALS model.  I've adjust the trigger guard model as much as possible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It is, however, the G34 jiggles around a lot more in the trigger guard retention model than the ALS model.  I've adjust the trigger guard model as much as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they jiggle more because they are not model specific like the acs.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Great for bedside bump in the night type stuff.  Also nice for at the range.  HSGI laser cut slim is what I went with.

ETA:
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How do you guys keep your kit so clean? Is there something you do?

Mine looks like shit with old mud, blood and sweat even when I try and wipe everything down.
View Quote

I keep mine in a dry, cool environment and covered in a protective wrap. Occasionally, wearing white gloves, I'll take it out for an Instagram sesh...then right back into the bat cave.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope. I have a pants belt that I mount my ALS and spare mag carriers to.

I've worn duty belts and hated them. I like my lo-pro PC and the minimal gear I have... Plus, AK mags are kinda clunky on a belt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I keep mine in a dry, cool environment and covered in a protective wrap. Occasionally, wearing white gloves, I'll take it out for an Instagram sesh...then right back into the bat cave.
View Quote

Seems pretty reckless. I keep mine in a nitrogen-filled chamber.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have a Hank's Belts belt that I use as a pistol belt. Just the necessities (pistol, mags, light)...that's what a pistol belt is to me.

Battle belts are different. More rigid, more shit on them, and significantly more expensive. You don't go into battle with only a pistol and two mag, and the battle belt lets you add rifle mags, TQ, IFAK, dump pouches, etc with quick access and fairly comfortable.
View Quote

pistol belts

pistol belts with heavy shit on them

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#23]
You'll want one of these to go full cool guy ;)
OT Defense Nub Mod
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#24]
So far I've got a Esstac dual pistol mag pouch with 1.75" loops, a Safariland 7377 (1.5" loop, can be knocked out to 1.75"), a flashlight pouch and Maxpedition dump pouch I want to try (not married to them, maybe save for hiking) but no belt yet. No rifle mags, maybe a cartridge holder for a lever action rifle someday.

I was just going to get a traditional style gun belt until I noticed these minimal, slotted belts. Looks like the actual belt holds everything and this gives some padding and support to your waist. Anyone have one? How do I size it?

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/33DG0-33DG0.html
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pistol belts
http://inrd.gotdns.com/alice/putittogether1.jpg

pistol belts with heavy shit on them
https://archive.defense.gov/dodcmsshare/photoessay/2010-08/hires_DF-ST-91-06514.jpg

There’s a reason we’ve moved on in the past 30 years.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sucks when we're reduced to needing an emoji to express good natured ribbing
View Quote

...So thats your bullshit excuse?  WTF man.

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

My apologies if this has been answered already (I've only read the first page so far), but which belt is that? That looks like exactly what I want. I'm ok with a bit taller belt if it means pouches and holster won't flop around.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#28]
New possible issue/ minor worry.
Esstac belt only goes to 48.3” or so waist. Mine is 47” and I’m not exactly fat. I would like a bit more wiggle room without going over $100/ shipped. Any second opinions?

In before run fatty, just lose weight...
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Esstac belt only goes to 48.3” or so waist. Mine is 47” and I’m not exactly fat. I would like a bit more wiggle room without going over $100/ shipped. Any second opinions?

View Quote

Esstac all the things
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks
Just wondering about issues with carrier if both needed.
What may be some aspects of esstac gap vs no gap
Do some wear the inner belt for an edc belt?
Something I’ll probably have to figure is where pistol rides (height wise)
View Quote

Depends on the base plate of your mags.  Regular Glock mags work with no gap.  Sig P229 mags need the gap.  I have a G27 that I use G23 mags in, they have a spacer at the bottom to match the grip, they need gap pouches.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Did you buy the Chinese mag pouch knockoff?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Esstac all the things.

Here's the difference in height between their pistol mags and their SMG mag Kywis

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20200830_141337_copy_6936x5202-1581490.jpg
View Quote

Also shows the difference between gap and no gap.

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Battlebelts look cool as shit, but I see a lot of guys training with them that don't really train without them.  What exactly are you training for?  

My training set up is pretty close to my conceal carry setup.  It's not hard to learn to grab extra shit, but I think you're at a disadvantage if you don't train with the minimum.

That being said, the real reason I don't have a battle belt is because of money, lol.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How does this work?

Kinda like this.

View Quote

LOL

Every post you make all I can think of is you giggling like a little girl (from the fist NV experience.)  
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Battlebelts look cool as shit, but I see a lot of guys training with them that don't really train without them.  What exactly are you training for?  

My training set up is pretty close to my conceal carry setup.  It's not hard to learn to grab extra shit, but I think you're at a disadvantage if you don't train with the minimum.

That being said, the real reason I don't have a battle belt is because of money, lol.
View Quote

Competition
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#36]
So this obviously the wrong belt (Hank's jean belt) and I need a real one. But here's my Safariland, Esstac dual mag, and a flashlight holder I really like with a TN12 in it.

Why is the rear loop of my holster so tight on the belt? It's dragging against the belt as I run it through and an actual gun belt is going to be worse.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VWSLT1V?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

LOL

Every post you make all I can think of is you giggling like a little girl (from the fist NV experience.)  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does this work?

Kinda like this.

LOL

Not too far from the truth. I am generally in a pretty good mood and awesome things are awesome
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You'll want one of these to go full cool guy ;)
OT Defense Nub Mod
View Quote

LOL at that companies shipping disclaimer.

Given the amount of dead felons submitting mail in votes for the Harris/Biden Ticket, USPS is experiencing a few more delays than usual. We recommend selecting FedEx 2nd Day Air if you are concerned about the speed of your package!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Very convenient
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Esstac all the things
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esstac all the things

Is that your “LOL”?
Just a tiny bit worried about growth with holidays coming up
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Depends on the base plate of your mags.  Regular Glock mags work with no gap.  Sig P229 mags need the gap.  I have a G27 that I use G23 mags in, they have a spacer at the bottom to match the grip, they need gap pouches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Just wondering about issues with carrier if both needed.
What may be some aspects of esstac gap vs no gap
Do some wear the inner belt for an edc belt?
Something I’ll probably have to figure is where pistol rides (height wise)

Sounds like cz’s can do with the gap? I’d probably go with gap just to spread them a bit and make the easier to snatch.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is that your “LOL”?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esstac all the things

Is that your “LOL”?

There's a couple companies who make good enough stuff that's all I buy. Esstac is one of them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Ferro Bison belt all the way! At least until the new BFG belt comes out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Competition
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Competition

Ah, well, yes.  There is that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#45]
I did. I changed it to just using the riggers belt with a neoprene foam insert made by HSGI. Same functionality, much less bulky, and the belt can also be used with a velcro inner belt for USPSA. Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Y'all costing me money...

Just grabbed one from Tyr tactical. Tired of having to take holster and mag pouches off to thread my belt at the range.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I’ll probably keep the pro fit and get two with the als w/light.
I tried the bianchi paddle lock (?) years ago and it just didn’t work for my hand/ grip/ draw. So a little leery about trying new things when they cost as much as they do but still want retention.
Also making sure what I order and want are the same and not get the wrong model. I have bad luck that way.
View Quote

I've never tried GLS, but it appears the main advantage of ALS is retention in a fight for the gun.  An opponent can activate the GLS a lot easier than the ALS which is small and hidden between the gun and your body.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Y'all costing me money...

Just grabbed one from Tyr tactical. Tired of having to take holster and mag pouches off to thread my belt at the range.
View Quote

TYR is a great company and make awesome gear
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m having a problem finding a pistol holster for my new battle belt gun.

I need an open bottomed holster that will hold a 19/17/34 threaded or with a cool boy break. TLR-8. And RMR. Some sort of retention.  

I guess I have to wait until one of the custom kydex guys are back to taking orders.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#50]

So a thin, unstructured pistol belt that needs suspenders to hold the weight.

It's almost like they would come up with a solution for that....ohh, wait.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top