Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
@AndBen

Is the measurement on the Clutch belt ordering page the pants size in inches or the actual length of the belt?

Thanks.

Any updates to your initial review?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
@Lungbuster

The belt is adjustable, you can tighten/loosen it up.

I believe the chart is in pant size.

I’m a semi-fatty and wear a 38”-40” pants.

I bought the medium belt and fits fine, room to spare, even when loaded.

It’s super stretchy. I think I’d rather have it a little small, than a little big.

I haven’t really done much with it as far as wearing it. I need to take it to the range some time. Either way, I am very satisfied with it. It will fills a gap.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Ben.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep. PMAGs and USGI both work in rifle pouches and double stack work in pistol, but they do make 1911 pouches if that's your game.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20201219_100912-1738167.jpg
View Quote

And lancer mags?

Cause that’s what actually matters
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And lancer mags?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. PMAGs and USGI both work in rifle pouches and double stack work in pistol, but they do make 1911 pouches if that's your game.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20201219_100912-1738167.jpg

And lancer mags?

I'm sure it's fine but idk because my only lancers are purple for daughters and gfs
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Still have to dial in holster/mag pouch positions and pack the med pouch but overall I'm very satisfied with how my setup turned out.

Volund Gearworks 2" Atlas duty-belt with 1.75" Atlas G-Hook liner-belt.
Safariland 6354DO
Esstac triple gap KYWI
Coyote Tactical Burrito

Money will buy all the gucci-gear you want but it won't buy you the ability to compose and take a nice photo
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks. I didn't realize they had a tensioned stiffener in the body of the pouch. I was wondering how they kept Beretta/SIG mags in if you could also stick a Glock 9mm or even Glock 45ACP mag in it.
View Quote

What’s the tensioned stiffener?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks. I didn't realize they had a tensioned stiffener in the body of the pouch. I was wondering how they kept Beretta/SIG mags in if you could also stick a Glock 9mm or even Glock 45ACP mag in it.

A piece of kydex that is “pinched” and velcro’d to provide retention.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Navy Seal talking about the evolution of his belts. Holy shit at 3:40

Battle Belt Setups with Navy SEAL Mark "Coch" Cochiolo
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's a bent plate (90*) that fastens to ubl/ qls/ safariland holster and to the tq holster. Changes the forward cant to a negative cant.
@Detn8r-Red2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CX4WQ5yf4w
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I put my tq on my pistol. (Not super tight on 7ts though)

https://centrifugetraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/1200DSC00408.jpg

How did you attach that?

It's a bent plate (90*) that fastens to ubl/ qls/ safariland holster and to the tq holster. Changes the forward cant to a negative cant.
@Detn8r-Red2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CX4WQ5yf4w
Thanks for that. Just ordered one and a TQ holder.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@Lungbuster

The belt is adjustable, you can tighten/loosen it up.

I believe the chart is in pant size.

I'm a semi-fatty and wear a 38"-40" pants.

I bought the medium belt and fits fine, room to spare, even when loaded.

It's super stretchy. I think I'd rather have it a little small, than a little big.

I haven't really done much with it as far as wearing it. I need to take it to the range some time. Either way, I am very satisfied with it. It will fills a gap.
View Quote
I just went and checked mine, I'm a 36-38 pants size and my Clutch is a medium also. I lost some weight and was able to tighten it up. Fortunately during the holidays I can loosen it a hair too.

I saw a Colion Noir Instagram post where he was playing basketball and wearing a Clutch. They are pretty dang awesome.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
now there is the trex version of the clutch.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Clutch? Like handbag?
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Clutch? Like handbag?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clutch? Like handbag?

You mean the ready rig?

I just got one. It’s more of a clutch chest rig, but is pretty sweet. First impression is that if you’re a bigger dude, 46”-50” chest, it might be too small or tighter than ideal. But, I like the idea and fills a gray man void.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh gotcha. That black belt a couple pages back
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Trex Ready Rig (low pro chest rig)

Vs

Unity/Vertx Cluch (low pro battle belt/wrap)
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]
UBL mod with TechLoc

Just came across this

Looks doable.

I guess you could add a QLS
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#18]
When I first saw this thread a few months ago, and saw how far battle belts have come and seeing the smaller, more compact belts, I knew i had to have one. I learned alot about holsters, mag carriers TQs etc. from this and the other thread in the gear section. I looked and read and watched YT vids and read reviews. I finally decided what I wanted to start with, and started ordering Dec. 1. Got the belt in today and put it together. This is how I envisioned it set up, and am very happy with it. Im certain that I will make some changes once I start wearing it and training in it.

-Blue Alpha Gear double Molle belt in Multicam.
-Esstac Kywi double gap pistol and 2 mid length rifle mag holders.
-NAR ROO ifak from the black Friday deal posted here. Contents are: CAT gen 7 (that tab in the front pulls up and it is in its own quick grab compartment. No digging through the kit or zipper for that) QC combat gauze, pressure bandage, 2 compact HyFin compact chest seals, pair of gloves, and shears on the back.
-Ragnarok, light compatible holster.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#19]
You find some neat stuff when you start poking around.  Another DIY mod that you might like.

UBL hot spot modification
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just went and checked mine, I'm a 36-38 pants size and my Clutch is a medium also. I lost some weight and was able to tighten it up. Fortunately during the holidays I can loosen it a hair too.

I saw a Colion Noir Instagram post where he was playing basketball and wearing a Clutch. They are pretty dang awesome.
View Quote

I’m going to order one as soon as my bank account recovers from Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Man.  My Esstac belt is very nice.  Got it setup with 2 pistol mags, a 20rd ar mag, IFAK, and new holster arrives tomorrow.  

I did experiment. With some of the Velcro wrap. If you don’t want to wear the Velcro inner belt, you can make a few loops around whatever belt you want.  

I had 4 loops around my belt. It’s not as stable as the velcro belt, but it does the trick.
I will be sticking  with the Velcro belt, just something to pass on.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Man.  My Esstac belt is very nice.  Got it setup with 2 pistol mags, a 20rd ar mag, IFAK, and new holster arrives tomorrow.  

I did experiment. With some of the Velcro wrap. If you don’t want to wear the Velcro inner belt, you can make a few loops around whatever belt you want.  

I had 4 loops around my belt. It’s not as stable as the velcro belt, but it does the trick.
View Quote

Esstac FTW
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:50:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Esstac FTW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esstac FTW

I agree, very happy about the Esstac belt choice. Double pistol gap, mid AR, and IFAK. I didn't order any, but they gave me a 2 pack of the belt clips for free and I really like them. I like that I can slide the AR mag pouch back and forth a little if needed. I did the velcro wrap on the other 2 pouches and it's not going anywhere.

I got a 6390rds arriving Tuesday that someone in one of these threads mentioned was in stock at Opstactical, and a QLS kit to go with it.

My M17 came Saturday, after an optic this expensive LARP setup should be done. Maybe I'll get to take it out and get it dirty soon.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#24]
@96Ag
@AndBen

What inserts are you using for the Clutch belt? I found a good deal on line (I think) and just ordered one. I have an old Bladtech holster that I can take the belt clip off that might work.

Would a cell phone stay in place in one of the pouches while exercising/jogging without Velcro?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I used random kydex items I had on hand. Slap some Velcro on them and they work fine.

I’d say no on stuff staying in place without Velcro.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@96Ag
@AndBen

What inserts are you using for the Clutch belt? I found a good deal on line (I think) and just ordered one. I have an old Bladtech holster that I can take the belt clip off that might work.

Would a cell phone stay in place in one of the pouches while exercising/jogging without Velcro?
View Quote
@Lungbuster

I am using the Unity elastic inserts for magazines, I'm not worried about reindexing magazines if I am in an actual shootout. For the holster I am using a Phlster Floodlight with all of the attachments taken off. It works great and I can switch pistols as long as they have a TLR-1 on them.

Yes a cell phone will stay in place while jogging. Very well in fact, as well as your wallet in another.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks you guys. Mine’s on the way.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess it depends how tight you wrap it, if you don’t use Velcro.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I ordered a couple Blade Tek Tek Loks and a couple of their duty drop belt adapters.

I’m gonna try to mod them as posted above. Prob get a couple used UBLs mid rides to chop up too.

SL makes a a cantable UBL as well. Cut the belt loops off trim and polish edges. Add Tek Lok. Adjust holster can’t on UBL.

To be continuuuuuuiied....

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#31]
I have everything but my hsgi slim grip

Santa delivered goodies from esstac via skd.

1-14 weeks to go from hsgi

My trijicon hd sights are rubbing the als, grabbed a stock Glock and fits fine. Anyone have a trick to run HD’s?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:37:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Still have to dial in holster/mag pouch positions and pack the med pouch but overall I'm very satisfied with how my setup turned out.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58021/857B8EC5-5D0C-4AC6-B262-B4F7C8AF39F6-1739465.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58021/6CC42B22-2FF3-4FCD-86F8-5C3E3AC03DD3-1739466.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58021/E2A3A40F-5881-490C-9F79-8CE91E3134EB-1739468.jpg

Volund Gearworks 2" Atlas duty-belt with 1.75" Atlas G-Hook liner-belt.
Safariland 6354DO
Esstac triple gap KYWI
Coyote Tactical Burrito

Money will buy all the gucci-gear you want but it won't buy you the ability to compose and take a nice photo
View Quote

That's very close to what I want. I want something sleek with minimal stuff hanging from it. Like yours, I want it to hold a pistol, pistol mags, and (extra) med kit. My plate carrier holds my rifle mags, primary med kit, multitool, and flashlight.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My trijicon hd sights are rubbing the als, grabbed a stock Glock and fits fine. Anyone have a trick to run HD’s?
View Quote

It will stop eventually
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordered my Esstac belt and pouches, but they shipped USPS Priority so hopefully it will be here by February.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ordered my Esstac belt and pouches, but they shipped USPS Priority so hopefully it will be here by February.
View Quote
UPS is saying 5 days to ship me a package thats 2hrs by car from my house.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Almost finished with mine...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well... Somalia....
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm waiting on an HSGI micro grip panel to line an Esstac Shooter's belt.  We'll see how the combo works out.  Esstac belt is great, but I don't like having to have the velcro liner on.

I've run HD's on multiple guns in multiple ALS holsters (including duty set-up) and have never had a problem, nor have I ever heard of such a problem, so can't help there.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:42:34 AM EDT
[#39]

What cowl is that for the p10-c(?) /light(?)

Looking good (from my untrained eye)

Haven’t been following very closely, what are planning to add?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Er_Mah_Gerd

Safariland 6390RDS-2832 (for a Glock 19/45 with a X300A/B and optic). While testing fitment with a Glock 45, I also noticed that it also works well with a Streamlight TLR-7A.

Attachment Attached File

Many users report that a P-10C with a X300U A/B fits like a glove but that combo hangs up on me when I try it. I'm sure some light work with a file would get it working. That said, I run a TLR-7A on my red dot equipped P-10C and the pistol fits 100% in the Safariland.

As for what the belt still needs:

I'm on the hunt for a blow-out pouch that sits horizontally and can be accessed from both sides. Something like the BFG Micro Trauma Kit NOW!

Also looking for a different dump pouch and glove/earpro retention.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

@Er_Mah_Gerd

Safariland 6390RDS-2832 (for a Glock 19/45 with a X300A/B and optic). While testing fitment with a Glock 45, I also noticed that it also works well with a Streamlight TLR-7A.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201231_160308847_jpg-1758492.JPG

Many users report that a P-10C with a X300U A/B fits like a glove but that combo hangs up on me when I try it. I'm sure some light work with a file would get it working. That said, I run a TLR-7A on my red dot equipped P-10C and the pistol fits 100% in the Safariland.

I'm on the hunt for a blow-out pouch that sits horizontally and can be accessed from both sides. Something like the BFG Micro Trauma Kit NOW!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Er_Mah_Gerd

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201231_160308847_jpg-1758492.JPG

I need a 7ts w/ trl hl. Have heard some about others fitting but not sure if I want to take that plunge. Safariland stated they will make a 7ts for the p10c w/light at some point. (Probably forever)

I would love to carry my p10c vs my G20

For anyone wondering if the nub mod is worth it, I haven’t had 1 hangup since installing it. Safariland should have it built in to all holsters. (Maybe not as large but larger than what it is now.)

Anyone have a fix for using the QLS but not having the gun stick out a mile farther than with just the ubl?? Possibly ubl with qls?? Feel like wild wild west with the shit hanging off the side.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Who can help me set up this IFAK for my belt. This is all that I have besides a TQ. What all should I use and what should I sub in/out? And lastly, how the hell do I attach the stuff inside to this thing? knot the bungee underneath and tension it with the slider?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#43]
I just finished getting this Crye MRB set up.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Who can help me set up this IFAK for my belt. This is all that I have besides a TQ. What all should I use and what should I sub in/out? And lastly, how the hell do I attach the stuff inside to this thing? knot the bungee underneath and tension it with the slider?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/134183362_725026868430650_77351522356897-1762897.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/134347909_1739081706295819_7692861791906-1762898.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/134946187_163090071819417_18574173944591-1762899.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/135427350_671934710142434_15538266738380-1762900.JPG
View Quote

I'd just attach your ROO to the belt as is. If you run the molle straps through all the webbing on the back of the pouch you'll end up with a nice belt loop at the top. You just use that elastic behind the pouch for shears if you want.

See acegunner's pic above to see how it hangs on the belt.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/134183362_725026868430650_77351522356897-1762897.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/134347909_1739081706295819_7692861791906-1762898.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/134946187_163090071819417_18574173944591-1762899.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/135427350_671934710142434_15538266738380-1762900.JPG
View Quote

Is that a NAR Roo ?

Lace the bungees as needed and cut to length id guess?

Ordered my roo.

I’ll be building it soon

I just received my Blade Tek Tek Loks and drop panels. Gonna start playing with them once my house empties out of visiting family.

Eta

I just messed with the Blade Tech panel. The holes don’t line up properly at all with the SL holster. Lesson learned. You’d think there would be some commonality.

Eta2

Pics of drop panel

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Thinking of putting one together also.  If the whole concept is meant for grabbing quickly and throwing it on when things go bump in the night what is the purpose of having an inner and outer belt?  To add in keeping it in position I am assuming?  Would you then have to put the inner belt on and then attach the outer belt velcro to the inner?  Seems self defeating of the purpose.

What am I missing or misunderstanding?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thinking of putting one together also.  If the whole concept is meant for grabbing quickly and throwing it on when things go bump in the night what is the purpose of having an inner and outer belt?  To add in keeping it in position I am assuming?  Would you then have to put the inner belt on and then attach the outer belt velcro to the inner?  Seems self defeating of the purpose.

View Quote

My belt is plenty stiff without its inner belt, and its hook lining does a pretty decent job of keeping it in place on top of whatever you have on.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you want a grab and go rig then build one as such. The 2 belt setup is great if you want a class or comp rig. As soon as you need it in your flannel pants at 0300 or over a winter coat they aren't very good.

They can be used but not as well as a padded belt.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a two piece Blue Alpha Gear Belt on order.  No experience with the below link, but my understanding is that it should work for a quick "throw on" type scenario.  Planning on ordering it and seeing how it works:

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/95MG-95MG.html
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top