Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: Yesterday 4:35:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnoGoRider]
Regarding the recovery effort and the total number of missing folks where homes, schools and businesses were washed away.

I cannot validate anything in this video below but he holds up a list and tells people to take a screenshot and he did say he did not shoot himself or commit suicide or was suicidal.

He said all the information he has is coming from his own eyes or from his team and has been validated and some things he said in the video cannot be 100% validated but he's looking into it.

He talks about the soil samples being toxic and what's really going on on the ground he's from grindstone Ministries who has been in East, Tennessee and Western, North Carolina with team of volunteers.

He said he's not letting his team in the water or doing any mudding due to the soil samples that they had sent out to Independent Labs of the ground being toxic.

He does have a lot of very interesting information in the video.
What's Really Happening in North Carolina | Hurricane Helene | Bear Brief 15OCT24
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah, our gov would never lie to us about anything.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
That the government and media (but I repeat myself) are lying about what’s going on is a given. The only question is how much.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Both sides are lying.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes .
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of toxic stuff in flooding and resulting mud.  Septic tanks, sewer lines, gas storage tanks, cars and batteries, oils, farm runoff, miscellaneous chemicals and fertilizers, rotting vegetation, food and animals.  
Any hazardous stuff from former industries in the soils around populated areas.  
All sorts of stuff. That’s not really news.
Warning to stay out of it is news for folks coming to help.

Link Posted: Yesterday 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm beginning to wonder if this will be looked back on as the US' Chernobyl event.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:52:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#8]
You just think this is bad. The real looting will take place in the next 48 months as connected people get millions of dollars earmarked for rebuilding to fund their own private business ventures while the real victims get left holding the bag.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Did the Gov turn their back on these hurricane victims because they have a certain demographic?
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#10]
With ten differing stories, they can't all be true so someone is lying.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I live up here in WNC, very close to the TN state line.

It's bad up here.. Parts of East TN were hit quite hard too...

I can't comment on toxic soil or anything like that, but I can tell you that MANY small towns had their water and sewage systems COMPLETELY DESTROYED.

Many small towns are currently allowing raw sewage to flow directly into local creeks and rivers. The word "allow" probably isn't the right term, since there really isn't anything that they can do about it right now.

I wouldn't go anywhere near the north Toe river right now. Sewage, kerosene, diesel, gasoline,  all in the water.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#13]
when has the government not lied to us?
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Philmore:
Lots of toxic stuff in flooding and resulting mud.  Septic tanks, sewer lines, gas storage tanks, cars and batteries, oils, farm runoff, miscellaneous chemicals and fertilizers, rotting vegetation, food and animals.  

View Quote
in the video he talks about the chemical companies that were destroyed and there was also one or two areas that had nuclear something that was showing up in samples.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Philmore:

View Quote

He was talking about people in the affected areas had been mudding their houses gutting them out and starting to rebuild them in toxic areas that may be eventually condemned and bulldozed.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By pctech:

I can't comment on toxic soil or anything like that, but I can tell you that MANY small towns had their water and sewage systems COMPLETELY DESTROYED.

Many small towns are currently allowing raw sewage to flow directly into local creeks and rivers. The word "allow" probably isn't the right term, since there really isn't anything that they can do about it right now.

I wouldn't go anywhere near the north Toe river right now. Sewage, kerosene, diesel, gasoline,  all in the water.
View Quote

In the video he was talking about even before the hurricane that some people in the area had weird Cancers and stuff and they were thinking it was due to the ground may have been already toxic prior to the hurricane.

It would be great if he was to show the independent soil sample studies to the public.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#17]
One could start here https://edap.epa.gov/public/extensions/TRIToxicsTracker_embedded/TRIToxicsTracker_embedded.html? or just take the word of some rando on youtube
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Definitely but to what degree is anyones guess and by both sides.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By NvrBrdWes:
TJ is a good dude. He may be a little alarmist at times, but I trust the dude
View Quote

I've seen many videos of him and people that were volunteering for him and what they were doing and stuff of that nature.

He said that the grindstone Ministries was the Amazon of the mountains for folks who needed stuff.

One request that he had was Pop-Tarts and they air drop them in.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:24:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnoGoRider] [#20]
Originally Posted By XJ:
One could start here https://edap.epa.gov/public/extensions/TRIToxicsTracker_embedded/TRIToxicsTracker_embedded.html? or just take the word of some rando on youtube
View Quote

He's telling people who are taking soil samples to send them to the state lab and also send them to an independent lab and he also gave two different dimension depths of to take soil samples from.

Seeing where the website link is
directed, I have my opinions about their results.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Here in East tenn 4 miles from the famous 111 year old dam that somehow didn't burst. Fema is here and doing a little. 101st airborne is here and doing a lot. Local fire depts and churches and plain old neighbors are doing the most. I'm sure there is lots of toxic nasty in the river and we may never know just what and if they know they won't tell. Some places will never rebuild. Lots of folks will never be found. Some are buried under mud and silt I'm sure. It was terrible but we will get through it
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By pctech:

View Quote

I also live here and this is accurate.  Do not get in the water. My local towns water treatment plant is gone and if you flush a toilet here it’s going into the nolichucky.  

Grindstone was doing work in my county and they’re good dudes and professional and greatly appreciated.  

Bear/tj whatever is getting a little carried away YouTubing.   I think several statements he makes are false.  Eg schools are back in (not in this county they’re not). And the hurricane and fema response are all black rock conspiracy to get lithium mines.  (Total nonsense).  And I assume his reference to nuclear waste in the water is about Nuclear Fuel Services which was a few feet above the nolichucky high water mark.  Could have been bad but to my knowledge there weren’t any leaks.  

That said, I like most of his videos.  

Link Posted: Yesterday 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes. Both sides are lying.

The most lying being done is by the grifters making bank off of these incidents for clicks, likes, and shares.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:
View Quote

Always.  Our Government is the bad guys.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Does a bear wear a pointy hat?

Wait.....I mean does a bear shit in the woods?

Of course he does.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
You just think this is bad. The real looting will take place in the next 48 months as connected people get millions of dollars earmarked for rebuilding to fund their own private business ventures while the real victims get left holding the bag.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
Both sides are lying.
View Quote

This.  I've heard so much complete bullshit about this hurricane I don't believe anything the government, media, and most posters here have to say about it without verifying it first.  But... it's certainly possible that lots of chemicals, fuel, etc. ended up in our streams from the massive flooding.  WNC will be scared from this for decades in many ways.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#28]
How many moonshine stills got washed away!  Inquiring minds want to know.

Seriously, it’s a clusterfuck of the highest order. Especially the FEMA response, now the SBA says it’s out of money to help too. This administration is a disaster, them responding to a disaster shows evidence of their competence.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goodn] [#29]
Originally Posted By HunterFisher:
Did the Gov turn their back on these hurricane victims because they have a certain demographic?
View Quote

Or more like,  because their voting demographic.  Hell.. news (propaganda)  mouthpieces have publicly said that its good (or they are happy) this happened to a heavily conservative voting area because it will help the other side by making it difficult for the affected to vote red.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Yes. Both sides are lying.

The most lying being done is by the grifters making bank off of these incidents for clicks, likes, and shares.
View Quote

Nah I think the government is probably the bigger liar here. Not one word they say should ever be trusted.

But yes I do think there is a lot of exaggerations and rumors being spread by grifters as well.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I think we're being lied to about most things, so I have to vote yes by default.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
View Quote

Happened in Katrina for sure. At all levels of government.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#33]
I was there and yes the govt is lying.

The death toll is in the thousands.

This is just one random road we were on in Burnsville NC. The roads are washed out or covered in mud or trees from landslides EVERYWHERE.
Its completely being ignored by media just like the Maui fires.

Link Posted: Yesterday 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Everyone is lying.

Government is lying to us about the recovery efforts. Conservative media is lying to us to generate clicks and ads.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Dragracer_Art:

This is just one random road we were on in Burnsville NC. The roads are washed out or covered in mud or trees from landslides EVERYWHERE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZodbLjo6-0
View Quote

How many people are still missing?

Link Posted: Yesterday 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Well the CDC sent out an email regarding the availability of Lactated Ringer's solution. How many people need IV fluids from that which impacted the supply chain to a point where they needed to send out an alert?

OTOH - I ordered two cases today and it is in stock, however, on allocation. (just like everything post-COVID)
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SnoGoRider:

He's telling people who are taking soil samples to send them to the state lab and also send them to an independent lab and he also gave two different dimension depths of to take soil samples from.

Seeing where the website link is
directed, I have my opinions about their results.
View Quote

I used to submit paperwork for a facility with let's say 87 million gallons of stuff.    Big EPA goes in without lube on those who do not follow regs.  

If you have a reason to think that the transphobic-globalwarming-jaywalking chemical commonly called "Aimless" is expected in a sample, that helps the lab.   You may even be guided on how to obtain a better sample, say running 87 gallons through a pressure vessel filled with virgin carbon and then scraping off the top 1/87 of an inch for a solvent extraction before a Fucking-Trash IR library match.

I am not your enemy

Link Posted: Yesterday 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:
View Quote

Link Posted: Yesterday 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes they’re lying. Many of us live here and have friends, colleagues and acquaintances travel out to WNC after the storm to bring disaster relief. The rescue and relief effort were half hearted until the administration started taking heat some days after the fact. The place is freaking wrecked! Like mass migration from the region will likely take place with many people unable to rebuild.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:21:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#40]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The official NC death toll is 95 with 92 still missing.  Is it right?  Maybe, maybe not.

Originally Posted By JaredGrey:
Everyone is lying.

Government is lying to us about the recovery efforts. Conservative media is lying to us to generate clicks and ads.

Yup.  Some are using it to get donations like the "doctor" claiming 15 people died of hypothermia in NC Tuesday night.  I doubt that "doctor" is even in NC.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I was supposed to go to asheville with my buddies to help out but had a kidney stone 2 hours before we were going to leave. They went anyway. They said parts of the place were destroyed and other parts were business as usual. Anywhere near water was destroyed. He said he felt the damage was intense but it was very specific locations.
The body count reporting is absolutely on the low side. They got a few missions to run supplies places or food places otherwise the only thing they had for them was body recovery which they weren't game for.
We will never get the full story and I wish I had went being a drone photographer I feel I could have captured a good portion of the story.
That said the people there were very thankful and were holding up signs saying so.
All the lithium land grab stuff I don't see much evidence of that. They never saw any fema people.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

It's impossible to say right now.

Many areas are still without power. Nearly all areas are without home phone or internet access unless they use something like Hughesnet or Starlink.  

Even cell phone service is still very spotty.

I suspect the true death toll is likely several thousand and that many will never be recovered.

Buncombe county by itself (Asheville area) was reporting 72 deaths as of two days ago.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#43]
When HAARP fires up and people think it's the Northern Lights.
Link Posted: Today 2:00:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Nah I think the government is probably the bigger liar here. Not one word they say should ever be trusted.

But yes I do think there is a lot of exaggerations and rumors being spread by grifters as well.
View Quote

Link Posted: Today 2:05:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Yes, but I think we are being lied to on everything.  Deceit is a control mechanism.
Link Posted: Today 5:13:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
Both sides are lying.
View Quote

Link Posted: Today 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top