Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
What the hell is that? Why the hell is that?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I remember when camo was fashionable for a certain group.  My employer has a no camo policy.  Sooo many ladies were sent home without pay bc they wanted to look cool
View Quote
Seriously?  I don't give two shits what employees wear.

Maybe I should have specified that people *must* wear plate carriers to work, and the ladies must wear......uh, never mind.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The “nunchucks” lobby is coming on strong!

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you even Amazon, Penguin? Available in sizes up to Heavy 6-XL

Amazon Product
  • Two Front Slash Pockets
  • Two Large Side Cargo Pockets And Two Rear Button Down Pockets
  • Button Fly With Adjustable Pull Tabs On Waist

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Still have the monochrome woodland-pattern jacket I got when I was 16. I thought that fucking thing was the coolest garment you could own.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#6]
3:37 am Aimless posts are best Aimless posts
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
The bird be sleeping now
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like Gucci-flage to me

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#11]
As the NWO paratroopers are landing at McDonalds...You'll still be wearing the same wrinkled Hong Kong suit, shirt, gravy stained tie and chasing ambulances...probably with a camel straight with a half an inch of ash dangling off of the end & stuck to your lower lip...now that's real urban camo...
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
The ultimate urban camo, beside which all others pale to insignificance.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#14]

I always thought that Russian SMK urban camo was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The ultimate urban camo, beside which all others pale to insignificance.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5e/d6/e1/5ed6e1264d1dbe1e600057eb73714f66.jpg
View Quote
Berlin scheme is so damn cool.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got a pair of those somewhere around my house.  Except instead of a US Marines nametape, it has Aggressor written in black marker and had the EGA and USMC iron-on on the breast pocket.  We wore those for a war games and I never turned mine back in.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#19]
fuck I love that movie.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#20]
It's your funeral.

A Bridge Too Far - The Wrong Camoflage
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I think it actually looks pretty decent.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wearing parachute pants and a Members Only jacket
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I pictured Aimless crying into his Zima and listening to Bon Jovi power ballads on his cassette deck while writing this.
Wearing parachute pants and a Members Only jacket
Another guy in my department wears his Members Only jacket as business casual or funeral wear.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Multi cam is my favorite cam.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Pie
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I didn't know that flightless waterfowl got drunk and maudlin.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought you were talking about this type of Urban Camo

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#27]
TL;DR
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I gotta tell ya - when it comes to wasting site resources, nobody - I mean, NOBODY- beats the penguin.  Most people would just throw their old, busted shorts in the trash but Aimless?  Not just "no", but "Fuck No!"  Paragraph after paragraph after useless, painful, pointless paragraph.  It's almost as if those site resources come for free when you're a flightless aquatic avian.  Dammit.  Why oh why was I born in this stupid human body instead of having the regal stature of a penguin?  I coulda been one of the best.  I coulda been a contender.  I coulda wasted site resources like a damn pro.  Instead of being merely human.  How now, brown... fowl?  A tisket, a tasket, a penguin in a basket?  Who knew flippers could type so much, so fast?  Here sit I, a bare babe at site resource wasting, beholding the master with envious glare.  You win this time, penguin.  You win this time.  We will meet again, though... And on that occasion best you should have thy flippers girded for battle for I SHALL take thy throne!  I SHALL waste site resources as if they're naught but grass through a goose!  I shall then finally take my place at the table of great site resource wastrels and none dare call me frugal!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the german fleck for in the field

But I would have to say the Marine Marpat is totally awesome too. One of my favorites.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Bullshit.
Best camo while deer hunting and there is snow.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#31]
camo dudes
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
Great for snow hunting.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#33]
The urban camo thus dude is wearing works as intended.

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the hell is that? Why the hell is that?
It's "USMC Urban T," the greatest urban camo ever.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/285/59C74B80-61FE-47A5-830F-35989F5DE755-1258578.jpg
I had never seen that before.

Now I kinda need.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Rarely do I believe arfcom has any connection to reality (I am convinced Striker is a computer construct and that if I really drove up there I would sadly never find him rocketing across the tundra on his ancient Goldwing, kilt a flapping, bugs plastered across his leather bomber helmet, RAF goggles, copstache and giant grin; his Webley bouncing along in a leather cavalry holster that has something about the queen embossed on its flap)

but I digress-yesterday, or the day before, in the black multi cam thread some heartless millennial compared black MC to "that dopey urban camouflage of the 90s" the same day, shockingly, the ass on my beloved urban camo cargo shorts blew out!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14563/5A9EA704-C05F-4CDE-9C70-5C7BBE418979-1258160.jpg

How will I ever replace these shorts that were clearly the height of Gen X tactical poolside style? Has the glorious grey/greyer/greyest camo died out, failing it's grey/greyer/bald ever vigilant militia? Has this beautiful camo gone the way of the HK91 and the coil of rope that as young men we thought would be all we needed to beat back those Soviet paratroopers floating into the McDonald's parking lot?

We were ready in our camo jorts to scamper across the urban rubble of a post holocaust America; with our 308 coughing battle rifles and smith and Wesson 10mms; scalping commies, plugging cannibal "ghetto goblins" (wink wink) and rescuing high school cheerleaders to take back to our ammo forts.

Yet our time never came, the UN troops never did rattle into town to get shot right through their battle helmets to a glorious "I told you so" to eye rolling moms and long suffering girlfriends.

Now we just stare into our now horribly out of style IPAs, heroes of the homeland war 80s action movies promised us, but that never came, our AARP letters staring maliciously back at us from the day's pile of bills, sportsmansguide flyers and Sansabelt slacks catalogue.

We stare glumly at our Paladin Press "How to Cache Guns" not thinking about those SKS we buried decades ago for the war of wars (should have made a map!) but pondering whether this is where our 5  $ 350 PSA ARs are going when we realize there's no hiding a carbine at an assisted living facility, is it an end of an era, an end of the hopes and dreams of generation who were told this would end in blazing malls, dirt bikes roaring along broken asphalt, leading HINDs or black helicopters with the front post of an FAL, no more ties or cubicles, only to end in a trip in a silent whirring electric car to the Paul Westerberg planned living community?
View Quote
ATACS LE. Thread done.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://static1.bigstockphoto.com/0/2/6/large1500/62081603.jpg

View Quote
You know you're badass when you are from "Team Special".
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://static1.bigstockphoto.com/0/2/6/large1500/62081603.jpg

Those photos were taken in Chechnya in the mid 90s by Mark Milstein for SOF magazine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Those photos were taken in Chechnya in the mid 90s by Mark Milstein for SOF magazine.
View Quote
Weren't those the OMON guys hunting a tank?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I remember a write up on the T. I also remember BQM selling ASAT BDU’s

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Turn on some lights.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Great for snow hunting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Great for snow hunting.
Back in the ’90s I read an article where the author insisted the origins of what had come to be known as “urban camo” was indeed a product marketed as “snowflage.”
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Nothing will sober you up faster or make the most beautiful woman seem insignificant than to hear over the radio that a T-72 is prowling in your neighborhood..."

'Yup.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Hells yeah!  I saw a guitar in that pattern, should have bought it.

Urban Camo is Big in Power Metal right now, btw.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Maybe I should have specified that people *must* wear plate carriers to work, and the ladies must wear......uh, never mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember when camo was fashionable for a certain group.  My employer has a no camo policy.  Sooo many ladies were sent home without pay bc they wanted to look cool

Bro  you are not reading between the lines here.  The no camo rule is solid based on it being a local government.  Guess the group that got sent home.

And no you would not want any of those ladies to wear whatever it was you were thinking of.

Not enough eye bleach in the universe
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Who says it's gone?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top