Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone up for training a noob?  Soloing isn't going well.  I have TS and discord, shoot me a PM if you want to team up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Been thinking about getting this but the general server issues stand out to me. Do the publishers run sales on these regularly? FWIW I'm watching some streamers and they're using the EU servers and having better luck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]
They're doing maintenance on US servers today so queue times are a mess.  I just bought it today so I'm not sure how common server issues are.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:20:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're doing maintenance on US servers today so queue times are a mess.  I just bought it today so I'm not sure how common server issues are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been thinking about getting this but the general server issues stand out to me. Do the publishers run sales on these regularly? FWIW I'm watching some streamers and they're using the EU servers and having better luck.
Quoted:
The game has exploded in popularity and the growth has kinda of outpaced what the dev team was expecting.  Servers have been a mess for the past couple weeks due to all the new players but I am confident they will get a hold on things.  They are always adding new servers which should help.  I think they run sales at different points during the year, New Years sale just ended.  Not sure when the next one will be.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:54:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The game has exploded in popularity and the growth has kinda of outpaced what the dev team was expecting.  Servers have been a mess for the past couple weeks due to all the new players but I am confident they will get a hold on things.  They are always adding new servers which should help.  I think they run sales at different points during the year, New Years sale just ended.  Not sure when the next one will be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's my impression based on everything I have read from them. I bought the basic package and will likely upgrade later on. This game looks like a huge challenge, but could also be extremely rewarding. I already like the hardcore sims like DCS and ARMA so this looks like it will be right up my alley.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Next sale should be this month
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I made 10 mil rubles today trying to actually deflate some of the flea market prices on some key items that were bought up within a second of a trader reset and jacked up like 30x in price. I was pricing stuff for 30% less than the competitors trying to get the prices down and still managed that. The game economy is doooooomed.  If you managed to buy one of the shotgun suppressor mounts today from the flea market for < 20k, you probably bought from me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I made 10 mil rubles today trying to actually deflate some of the flea market prices on some key items that were bought up within a second of a trader reset and jacked up like 30x in price. I was pricing stuff for 30% less than the competitors trying to get the prices down and still managed that. The game economy is doooooomed.  If you managed to buy one of the shotgun suppressor mounts today from the flea market for < 20k, you probably bought from me.
View Quote
Yeah I'm not sure how they are going to fix it with their plan of traders having limited stock.  Between the supply problems, price gouging and bots the economy is completely fucked.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#9]
damn I get a shotgun or a .366 every single skav run.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
damn I get a shotgun or a .366 every single skav run.
View Quote
I run shotguns with my PMC from time to time just for kicks.  AP-20 slugs are no joke.  Magnum buck hasn’t treated me to bad either.  I have no good experiences with any of the .366 guns or ammo and I tried for a while to run the VPO as a budget sniper.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:43:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Man I need to try this game.

Is it actually out or still in Beta? I got the collector's edition or whatever in like 2018??? And never played it any.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm having fun but fuck this game is hard.  I shot a guy earlier that had a fal, had to drop another gun to take it.  Get to one of the possible extraction points and it's closed, I should also add that I had just turned my aim up.  I check a case by the extraction and got lit up, I'm panicing and firing all over the fucking place.  I tell my buddy who is really close to me, like 50 yards there's a dude shooting me and he came over and lit me the fuck up.  He ended up getting the guy that started shooting me but got killed before he could extract with my shit.

I also made the mistake of going in with both of my AK-74U's so they are gone I'm betting.

I really wish you could play as a scav more often or play co-op offline to get used to the game a bit.  It doesn't help that his is my first real PC game and I suck with a mouse and keyboard
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:16:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Hop on the Discord and group up. Lots of good players around that can help get ya up and running.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Man I need to try this game.

Is it actually out or still in Beta? I got the collector's edition or whatever in like 2018??? And never played it any.
View Quote
Still beta. Been beta for like 2 years now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#15]
thanks johnny now im hooked.....

@johnny_dot_exe
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
thanks johnny now im hooked.....

@johnny_dot_exe
View Quote
I barely made it 24 hours before I had to upgrade to EOD for that extra stash space.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I barely made it 24 hours before I had to upgrade to EOD for that extra stash space.
View Quote
I had to wait a month for the New Years sale to upgrade from my black Friday standard edition. That was rough, but I hustled, made millions and bought a crazy amount of storage to make due. Then I got eod and it’s so spacious. Combine that with more containers (4-10 of each non-thicc variety) and I’m not playing Tetris and throwing crap out at the end of scav runs.  Knowing what to keep and what to sell is key. You should sell most weps, but there’s a lot of junk that you need to hold on to for quests. Scav junk box is #1 priority. Save up that 1.4m right away so you can rat it up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Stash size isn’t that bad once you start getting cases to store stuff in. The biggest thing about the rod addition is the gamma container.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I have been playing for a couple of wipes and this one is the best by far. What doscord are you all on? I am on the arfcom discord and I never see anyone in the channels playing. I play on the official tarkov hub with a few people.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Discord Server (Updated linky) that many of us are playing on

https://discord.gg/NYVQyGz
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Just bought the game after watching Sacriel on Twitch.  Damn he is awesome.  God I suck.  I'm used to fast paced blasting such as Quake and my fingers don't work as well as they used to for keyboard stuff.   I'll checkout the videos posted here for help and then look at what Discord is.  Ahh, is that how you communicate via voice while playing?

Does everyone play with headphones or are pc speakers ok?  I know while watching the twitch streams sound is very important and you can tell when someone is walking or jumping to the right or left of you.   Guess one needs a microphone too.  Any suggestions on microphones?

People on Twitch have said a wipe is coming.  Does that mean people who have millions will soon have 0?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quality headphones are almost a must for this game. I don't know another game where sound is so important
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just bought the game after watching Sacriel on Twitch.  Damn he is awesome.  God I suck.  I'm used to fast paced blasting such as Quake and my fingers don't work as well as they used to for keyboard stuff.   I'll checkout the videos posted here for help and then look at what Discord is.  Ahh, is that how you communicate via voice while playing?

Does everyone play with headphones or are pc speakers ok?  I know while watching the twitch streams sound is very important and you can tell when someone is walking or jumping to the right or left of you.   Guess one needs a microphone too.  Any suggestions on microphones?

People on Twitch have said a wipe is coming.  Does that mean people who have millions will soon have 0?  
View Quote
It's definitely a tough game.  The first 24 hours I owned the game I solo'd, and for whatever reason chose to just play on the Interchange map, so I was dying a lot and it was extremely frustrating.  For games like this I like having someone to pair up, or be in a group,  like back in my DayZ days.  Solo play just isn't my cup of tea.  If it wasn't for the arfcom EOT discord I would have set this game down and probably never played it again after that first day.  Instead I was doing 2-4man runs with other arfcommers most of the day yesterday and consistently coming out with a bunch of loot.  It was a blast.

Discord is a voice chat, like Teamviewer or Mumble.  When playing with others it's vital to have good comms because there is no friendly/teammate indicator when you group with people.  Even with comms there is still a risk of coming around a corner and being shot in the face by your buddy that wasn't expecting you there.  When I load in to a match with a group I try to get a good look at what gear they have on and what gun they're using, because in the heat of a gunfight it's easy to accidentally shoot a friendly especially if they're not communicating exactly where they are in relation to you.

Sound cues are a big thing in this game so a good headset helps...with as little ambient noise as possible.  Listening for footsteps, or what another player might be walking on(concrete/gravel, wood, metal, stairs, etc) can help you determine where an enemy might be, or how many there are.  Same goes for gunshots and what direction they're coming from.

There will be more wipes as the game progresses towards being officially released.  This means your PMC/stash will reset back to the way it was when you first loaded in to the game, based on what version of the game you bought.  It sucks, but this is the nature of playing a game that's still in beta.  Not sure when the next wipe is coming.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#24]
breaking the 27millions limit with a 65millions stash value !

loving this game
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's definitely a tough game.  The first 24 hours I owned the game I solo'd, and for whatever reason chose to just play on the Interchange map, so I was dying a lot and it was extremely frustrating.  For games like this I like having someone to pair up, or be in a group,  like back in my DayZ days.  Solo play just isn't my cup of tea.  If it wasn't for the arfcom EOT discord I would have set this game down and probably never played it again after that first day.  Instead I was doing 2-4man runs with other arfcommers most of the day yesterday and consistently coming out with a bunch of loot.  It was a blast.

Discord is a voice chat, like Teamviewer or Mumble.  When playing with others it's vital to have good comms because there is no friendly/teammate indicator when you group with people.  Even with comms there is still a risk of coming around a corner and being shot in the face by your buddy that wasn't expecting you there.  When I load in to a match with a group I try to get a good look at what gear they have on and what gun they're using, because in the heat of a gunfight it's easy to accidentally shoot a friendly especially if they're not communicating exactly where they are in relation to you.

Sound cues are a big thing in this game so a good headset helps...with as little ambient noise as possible.  Listening for footsteps, or what another player might be walking on(concrete/gravel, wood, metal, stairs, etc) can help you determine where an enemy might be, or how many there are.  Same goes for gunshots and what direction they're coming from.

There will be more wipes as the game progresses towards being officially released.  This means your PMC/stash will reset back to the way it was when you first loaded in to the game, based on what version of the game you bought.  It sucks, but this is the nature of playing a game that's still in beta.  Not sure when the next wipe is coming.
View Quote
next wipe around june. not earlier.-
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I’d suggest grabbing some 7.1 surround headphones if you are needing to get a pair of headphones in general. Surround isn’t supported yet, but I would assume they’ll implement Steam audio for next wipe.  Otherwise, if you just have some earbuds, they’ll be worlds better than using speakers.

As for getting to learn the game, play a lot off offline with pve enabled. Learn Customs inside and out and also get a feel for interchange.  Just about all the early game quests involve customs and you can make some serious cash and supplies running interchange, even as a scav.  Learn to be damned good at soloing before you lean on someone else. There’s really no being carried in this game since literally one false step can get your team killed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I've decided to take nothing with my PMC into raids.  Then just gather supplies / items to get experience up and hopefully extract before being killed.  Do that until I get a few levels while playing offline and learning to shoot properly.  Still suck.  

So far I've been killed twice and I just go play another game while my character heals offline for free.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've decided to take nothing with my PMC into raids.  Then just gather supplies / items to get experience up and hopefully extract before being killed.  Do that until I get a few levels while playing offline and learning to shoot properly.  Still suck.  
View Quote
New players should use their scav any time it's not on cooldown.  You want to build up some cash and some stuff in your stash and to do this you can either spawn as a scav and rat around maps scrounging and then exfil, or if you spawn with a decent scav kit head right to exfil.  This will result in you learning the maps and exfil points, and put you in a better place to afford better than garbage gear for your PMC.

Then hop in the discord and group up with people to start doing real raids.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#29]
It is extremely helpful to have a map pulled up on another monitor or your tablet/phone for the map you're playing on.  Here are the few I've bookmarked so far and they should be up to date.

Shoreline 3D

Interchange 2D

Reserve 3D

Customs 3D

Factory 3D - This one is a bit lacking, but it's the best one I could find so far.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
New players should use their scav any time it's not on cooldown.  You want to build up some cash and some stuff in your stash and to do this you can either spawn as a scav and rat around maps scrounging and then exfil, or if you spawn with a decent scav kit head right to exfil.  This will result in you learning the maps and exfil points, and put you in a better place to afford better than garbage gear for your PMC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, great suggestion.  I just played as a scav and spawned in inside IDEA (Interchange map) and it took me a few minutes to get out of there.  Its so dark I just ran outside and hit a few caches I knew about and extracted.  
Which map is the easiest for newbies?   I also have an ipad open with the maps so it makes it less difficult although not easy as its hard to find the item which is depicted on the map.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thanks, great suggestion.  I just played as a scav and spawned in inside IDEA (Interchange map) and it took me a few minutes to get out of there.  Its so dark I just ran outside and hit a few caches I knew about and extracted.  
Which map is the easiest for newbies?   I also have an ipad open with the maps so it makes it less difficult although not easy as its hard to find the item which is depicted on the map.
View Quote
Interchange is probably one of the worst maps to learn the game on.  I made that same mistake and had a bad time.  Many experienced players like this map, it's a haven for campers, and there are many places for AI scavs to snipe you easily(like from above behind the glass barriers).  Plus there are only two exfil points so there's probably an increased risk of dying to exfil campers.

Shoreline is probably the most noob friendly because it's pretty big with a lot of wooded areas and most players tend to frequent the admin building in the center.  Other smaller hotspots would be the gas station and pier in the bottom center of the map, but most of the time I just run in to AI scavs there.  The downside is that loot spawns aren't as close together as they are on maps like Interchange, Customs, or Reserve so until you learn the map you'll spend a lot of time walking through the woods.

I'd probably consider Reserve easier than Interchange, but there are a lot of places for snipers to camp and the train station is usually a death trap because players and AI scav bosses hang out there.  If you can identify and steer clear of the hotspots, you can get some decent rat runs in on this map.  Rat runs are just scavenging your way to exfil while trying to avoid conflict.  A big downside to this map are the few exfils that have prerequisites to use them...sewer manhole cover = no backpack allowed, bunker hermetic door = flip a switch first on the opposite side of the map, and I believe there's one exfil that requires you to find and buddy up with another player running the opposite class(scav/pmc) and you both exit through it.

With any map the goal is to learn the spawn points, exfil points, and loot areas.  When you spawn in to a map you need to know the most rewarding path to take from spawn to exfil, and adjust as needed based on the time you have to run it.

Also, in case you didn't know this already, as a scav you don't aggro AI scavs unless you kill one or a player scav.  I don't know what the aggro range is on this, so not sure if you'd aggro all AI scavs on the map or just ones in sight/sound range of your scav kill.  Having AI scavs not aggro to you can be beneficial.  Several times I've been looting good spots or bodies with several AI scavs patrolling the area, and when a PMC or aggro'd player scav comes nearby the AI scavs aggro to them which alerted me that an enemy was nearby...however, if you find yourself in this position and smoke the player scav, all those nearby AI scavs will now try to smoke you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have really tried to enjoy this game but dying all the time and loosing nearly all my loot has me wanting a refund.
However the company will not give refunds for the pre-order. Debating opening dispute with paypal..
View Quote
Still playing trying to figure the game out.
Looting seems to be a pain as when I loot I usually die
Any tips to loot a body quickly? I go to the vendors and examine everything they have so that helps a bit.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Any tips to loot a body quickly? I go to the vendors and examine everything they have so that helps a bit.
View Quote
Click middle mouse button to examine something.  Bind your delete key to something more accessible (I use a button on my mouse) and use that to drop items instead of right click --> drop.

Ctrl + left mouse click on an item puts it in your inventory (rig/pockets/backpack).

Alt + left mouse click will equip an item if you do not have something in it's slot.  I.e. it will equip a backpack if you do not have one on already.

If the body is exposed and you have the space in your backpack, put their chest rig in your bag and search that in cover.

Those are the big ones I can think of off the top of my head that make looting faster.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Click middle mouse button to examine something.  Bind your delete key to something more accessible (I use a button on my mouse) and use that to drop items instead of right click --> drop.

Ctrl + left mouse click on an item puts it in your inventory (rig/pockets/backpack).

Alt + left mouse click will equip an item if you do not have something in it's slot.  I.e. it will equip a backpack if you do not have one on already.

If the body is exposed and you have the space in your backpack, put their chest rig in your bag and search that in cover.

Those are the big ones I can think of off the top of my head that make looting faster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try it.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So far I've been killed twice and I just go play another game while my character heals offline for free.  
View Quote
Not sure if I misunderstood you, but you don’t actually get to keep the XP/levels or items from doing offline raids.  Similarly, you don’t get the XP/levels from scav runs either to your pmc, but you do get to keep the stuff if you transfer it to your stash at the end of the raid.

Offline is certainly useful for learning maps and getting a feel for AI behaviors and practicing shooting and moving etc. Also if you have a quest to do, you can do a dry run offline so you can plot a route and get a sense of the building etc you need to go into for the quest.  I did this recently with a Shoreline quest that required me to hit a couple of rooms and loot a specific item. I would have spent too long dicking around trying to find the room and the exact position of the object had I only tried it online,
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#36]
also you are wasting your money and time if you dont use top level ammo. 2nd tier just gets you dead. I have been running BT for a long time thinking it was good enough. swapped out to BS and next run was 7 kills instead of dying in first fire fight.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#37]
i read some where where if you rebind the combat reload, the regular reload is .3 sec faster as the game isn't waiting to see if you are double tapping the reload button. -- not sure if true but sounds like it could be.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:35:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
i read some where where if you rebind the combat reload, the regular reload is .3 sec faster as the game isn't waiting to see if you are double tapping the reload button. -- not sure if true but sounds like it could be.
View Quote
It might be, I'll have to play with it.  Just keep in mind with a combat reload you will toss your mags and if you don't have extras you will have to back track and find them.  That may or may not have happened to me once or twice
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#39]
I so rarely speed reload in Tarkov that I would probably miss the button if I rebound it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#40]
It’s definitely worth rebinding the fast reload key. Makes normal reloads noticeably faster and if you spam R you don’t end up dropping a mag.  Also as a side note, it makes the speed reloads a bit faster too if you bind it to a single press key,
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
For reload change the binding from release to press.  Will save .3 seconds or so, or so I've been told.  What it means is be default when you release the R key it changes your mag.  Changing it to press it reloads when you PRESS the R key.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Breaking the 35millions barrier and 72millions in stash. Contemplating buying a thicc item case
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Breaking the 35millions barrier and 72millions in stash. Contemplating buying a thicc item case
View Quote
I mean what else are you gonna do with all that money
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I still can't aim for shit, can't decide how fast or slow to set my mouse options.  Also can't lean very well while walking.

Anyone know if all get the same exit location during a raid? Or do several players get one exit and several more get another?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I still can't aim for shit, can't decide how fast or slow to set my mouse options.  Also can't lean very well while walking.

Anyone know if all get the same exit location during a raid? Or do several players get one exit and several more get another?
View Quote
Run offline raids with AI enabled and practice on them.

PMC groups get the same extracts.  Scav groups are randomized.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tax the rich!! Lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I made my lean the V & B keys, helps tremendously
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I mean what else are you gonna do with all that money
View Quote
AMMO- more ammo :)
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
make sure you don't have windows mouse prevision activated.
You need a linear answer, not matter the speed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using the left thumb?  That looks like it would work well.  Thanks.  Off to die again.    Almost to level 5.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top