Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine has been bouncing around a lot lately from using my cards for new furniture and outfitting the new home, still above 800 so no worries here. I'm sure it will start to climb back up as soon as I pay down these cards in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]

At "credit risk"
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FICO score is more about how well creditors can make money off you than how well you manage money.

They aren't making money off you when everything is paid off.
View Quote

For reels?  That may explain why mine went down 45 points for no reason apparent to me.  

Other than we have paid most things off and use a CC card for everything and pay it off every month.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Then why is mine always around 815-830?
I am 100% debt free, utilize about 3-4% of my credit, pay off every month, paid off mortgage, no auto loans since 2003, no loans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FICO score is more about how well creditors can make money off you than how well you manage money.

They aren't making money off you when everything is paid off.
I am 100% debt free, utilize about 3-4% of my credit, pay off every month, paid off mortgage, no auto loans since 2003, no loans.
Ditto , it floats from 800 to 820 depending on how much I have on my CC in any given month
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I downloaded the Experian app.  I was successful in manipulating my score all the way to 849, one point shy of a perfect 850, but I bought a new car dropping it to 840.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I downloaded the Experian app.  I was successful in manipulating my score all the way to 849, one point shy of a perfect 850, but I bought a new car dropping it to 840.  
View Quote

How did the app help you accomplish that?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine does weird drops every 5-6 months usually about 40 points..zero debt, balance payed monthly...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/Screen_Shot_2022-01-01_at_6_48_47_AM_png-2224363.JPG

View Quote

Mines was above 800 for decades.  No idea what it is since I retired, don't care, not even looking.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.   818 last time I checked a few days ago.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
The middle class assess their financial situation by credit score #.
The upper class assess their financial situation by net worth $.

Haven't tracked credit score in some time, but I do track my net-worth.  I don't need or want their money.

Indebted men are NOT free
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Haven't tracked credit score in some time, but I do track my net-worth.  I don't need or want their money.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How did the app help you accomplish that?
View Quote

I was able to track my score - updates at the end of the month.  I knew what took it up, what took it down.  Took me two years in an effort to try to make 850.  I would be there by now if my last car didn’t take a shit on me.

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Pay off most of your credit card debt before the card closing date...which is roughly three weeks before the due date.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#16]
just checked my credit score and it says 8 i did it with Experian whats the best way of

getting it up to an acceptable level for a car loan or  mortgage .
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
just checked my credit score and it says 8 i did it with Experian whats the best way of

View Quote

You need at least a 9 or 10 for a mortgage. I got a 0% interest mortgage because I got my fico up 10.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#18]
If everything is paid off why do you care?

I don't even know what mine is anymore I just pay off my balance every month.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Who cares and why?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Who cares and why?
View Quote

The OP and a bunch of others care because it determines what rates you can get for borrowing for a car or house. Did you not know this?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I have zero debt and a credit score that fluctuates between 800-830.  I have two credit cards and a line of credit.  I use both cards for nearly all my purchases and pay off the balances monthly.  I mainly use the cards because I get cash back on purchases which ends up being nearly $1000 per year.  Use your credit you have and it will boost your score.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I have no idea what my credit score is so I can't really participate in the one-upmanship and humble bragging these threads bring out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have no idea what my credit score is so I can't really participate in the one-upmanship and humble bragging these threads bring out.
View Quote

Yet here you are, thinking you're one upping by being too cool to know your score, and then letting us know how cool your are.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

8 or 9 is the FICO version.

Your credit score will be a three digit number.

Example:  FICO® Score 9 based on Equifax data.  "9" is not a FICO score.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually, these threads bring out the people who know nothing about how credit scoring works, why it actually exists, and just come to humble brag and one-up about how they don't know and don't care what their score is.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Humble bragging in these threads doesn’t need a credit score. If you don’t know your score , you  just say that you buy a new home with cash every couple of years and a new car with cash every year, and act like you don’t know even know why credit scores exist.

That is peak humble bragging, and you too can do it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#27]
My score is like 569, so as you can see, I'm the envy of all the 568 manlets.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's nothing. Our local hospital sent me straight to collections instead of sending me a bill for $904 and my credit score dropped from 830 to 700. I got a notice that my credit report had changed and then contacted the hospital the next day and paid it. That was over a year ago and it's only up to 720 now. I was so pissed but no one would do anything to fix it so I'm the one who gets fucked.
View Quote

Dispute the delinquent hospital payment.  Or have the hospital remove it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#29]
You will be fine
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Dispute the delinquent hospital payment.  Or have the hospital remove it.
View Quote

Tell them you'll pay it when all the other freeloaders in the ER pay theirs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I wouldn't worry about it. 700+ with a decent income will get you whatever you want to finance within your means. If your trying to finance something outrageously expensive you might need that 800+.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#33]
In was in the low to mid 700’s    Everything paid off.  This last year opened another credit card.  Financed a washer and dryer.  Over 800. I know it will drop when i pay everything off again

Its really a debt score
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My score is like 569, so as you can see, I'm the envy of all the 568 manlets.
View Quote

Thats 561 points better than Cranberry tho. You should be proud.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#35]
750 +/- is a great credit score.

I have flirted with 800, but don't really think it matters.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:11:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No way.  How?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
mines like 525, don't sweat it Op

No way.  How?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:15:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
51 y/o, house is paid off, cars are paid off, CC's are paid in full every month.  Four weeks ago my score was at 752, today it drops to 744.  I am almost out of the Very Good range.  

What is this nonsense?  How do I not look like a great credit risk when it comes to finances?  I've not had any hard credit inquiries for financing
View Quote

Mine dropped from 730 in October to 690 in November....and literally zero financial events had occurred during that time.  Got two credit cards with <$200 on each, and all things are paid off (mortgage and car payment paid off in 2020). 25 year history with the same bank.  No late bills, either.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:17:49 AM EDT
[#38]
You pay a lot of money to have a very top credit score. Will that score cost less than the interest you pay on things you finance for not having it? Only you can decide.

Guessing there's a LOT of odd things in those numbers and reports. Mine has for a long time had a credit history of 43 years. I'm 50 I really don't remember applying for credit at age 7.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:24:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
same for me
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:31:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I have some family that works in finance for a few different financial institutions. A credit score around 720 will get you just about the best rate possible from multiple lenders. I was actually surprised when my 800+ score didn't qualify me for any better of a mortgage rate than a 740 would have. That was seen shopping around with a multitude of lenders.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:36:02 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way.  How?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/277411/Untitled_png-2225436.JPG

Where’s the “What’s hurting you score” screenshot?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:37:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have some family that works in finance for a few different financial institutions. A credit score around 720 will get you just about the best rate possible from multiple lenders. I was actually surprised when my 800+ score didn't qualify me for any better of a mortgage rate than a 740 would have. That was seen shopping around with a multitude of lenders.
View Quote

that's the key, 720

I did get top tier from GM FInancial
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:42:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way.  How?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/277411/Untitled_png-2225436.JPG

here ya go!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:51:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Your score isn't used by financing companies like you think it is.

It's actually a measure of how much $$$ they can drain from you.  Your history shows them that you don't like to keep much debt, so this means they can't extract as much $$$ from you
View Quote

This. You are no longer as valuable as a squirrel on thier wheels of perpetual debt.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This. You are no longer as valuable as a squirrel on thier wheels of perpetual debt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your score isn't used by financing companies like you think it is.

It's actually a measure of how much $$$ they can drain from you.  Your history shows them that you don't like to keep much debt, so this means they can't extract as much $$$ from you

cash is kind...amitrite??!

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:21:47 AM EDT
[#46]
These threads are always good for a laugh.

Upwards of 90% of people in this thread are appallingly ignorant in credit matters.

Hey, I’m going to head over to the MyFICO forums to ask some technical firearms questions.

OP: LIsten to FALARK and ignore the rest of these jokers
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:22:29 AM EDT
[#47]
…..
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You pay a lot of money to have a very top credit score. Will that score cost less than the interest you pay on things you finance for not having it? Only you can decide.

Guessing there's a LOT of odd things in those numbers and reports. Mine has for a long time had a credit history of 43 years. I'm 50 I really don't remember applying for credit at age 7.
View Quote

Baloney.

I had an 850 FICO-8 score for a while and don't pay a penny in interest. For the purposes of your FICO score, a 0% car loan benefits you the same as a 6.9% car loan.

And, before you start, I negotiated my price before I discussed how I was paying for it, so the purchase price didn't get bumped to accommodate it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I was able to track my score - updates at the end of the month.  I knew what took it up, what took it down.  Took me two years in an effort to try to make 850.  I would be there by now if my last car didn’t take a shit on me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/474231/3B15819B-ACC4-432B-BCE1-2CDA19B97F22-2225152.jpg
View Quote

Your fixation on your FICO score seems a bit strange.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Everything is paid off and you pay the cards off every month. Not enough credit/loan utilization?
View Quote

Everything we have is paid off and the ONLY credit we have is two credit cards everything else was paid off years ago and one of the two is a small limit backup card. We put everything we can on the main card (it's a rewards card) and pay it off every month so no interest and my score right now is 773,
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top