Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Remington 700 .243 with iron sights.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m still deciding. When I have a gun, it’s usually a beater bolt action 22. I’m thinking of upgrading to an AR though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/417972/1CEE8A3F-226B-4EC3-8D9F-63C1FF0F9907-574853.jpg
View Quote
That's a nice Case, TG. Probably cost more than my house.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ah, horsepower what the hell you think?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is a 30-30 better than an AR?
Ah, horsepower what the hell you think?
There are plenty of cartridges that you can shoot from an AR that are ballisticaly superior to a 30-30.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Every time I have a gun in the tractor I don't see shit to shoot at, but when I do it's an ar of some flavor. Obligatory tractor pic
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Highly recommend this for your ROPs.

https://www.thegungrabber.com/pages/310-vt-models.html
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
My cousin uses a les baer AR with a TA31ACOG w/RMR.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Every time I have a gun in the tractor I don't see shit to shoot at
View Quote
The rabbits must have a scout with binocs & a walkie-talkie to warn their buddies when I walk out the house with my T/C .22 Hornet.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#8]
My purpose driven list of firearms

Picking up bread from the bakery gun: nitrided 1911 for the heat and humidity

Dedicated riverboat gambling gun: bespoke Korth

Wing night gun: ruger p95. I throw it out when I'm done and buy another when my hands are clean

Ziplining gun: keltec pmr 30, 90 rounds of thunder and lightning if I get into a shootout midair, flat shooting round with fast followups
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
My go-to latley has been a 7.5" AR pistol
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You don't snag any brush carrying that way?

Why not the fender, well then again I got mud on mine a couple days ago, so there's that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have since switched to a old Winchester 30-30 but this is my 590 with Slugs https://i.imgur.com/opOdWoz.jpg
You don't snag any brush carrying that way?

Why not the fender, well then again I got mud on mine a couple days ago, so there's that.
Currently it is remounted vertically on the Rops near my right shoulder.  I never had any brush pull it off but given time it would have.

I’ll take another pic of the current setup when I get a chance.    I prefer the 30-30 as well it fits perfect in that spot.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I alternate between my cz p07, a yugo underfolder m70, and a ar.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There are plenty of cartridges that you can shoot from an AR that are ballisticaly superior to a 30-30.
View Quote
The hell you say. Did you mention any in your post?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Currently it is remounted vertically on the Rops near my right shoulder.  I never had any brush pull it off but given time it would have.

I’ll take another pic of the current setup when I get a chance.    I prefer the 30-30 as well it fits perfect in that spot.
View Quote
Ya if had mine mounted like that it would not make it for long, always going through woods and brush to another spot. I got a little 30-30 trapper that sits on the fender even better than the sks, some places I go I'd rather have the trapper but I don't want it to get all mudded up.

Then I take the sks, don't care if it gets mudded up when I go across the creeks and swamps, I have either one laying on the right gender on a piece of foam

bungee corded across the front and back. Just pull it out the back. the trapper is the slickest out, no mags to snag, bolt knobs, a lot of crap on the front of the sks

that snags. hard to beat a 30-30.I should get a cheap ass one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats what you get for assuming.  When he talks you should get your notebook out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have my grandfather's tractor gun he used to shoot jackrabbits.

It's a 10 shot JC Higgens .22 revolver.

I used it last week to kill a rattlesnake on my mother's porch.
View Quote
My uncles kept a H&R 999 in one tractor, a marlin 60 in another, and ruger ranch rifles in the farm trucks (this was back before ARs were common)

There were also SKSs from back when they were 100 bucks that were thrown in cabs when we were going to be in fields that frequently had yotes or maybe a pig.  If it was dove season, there might be a 870 thrown in.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#17]
.22 lever gun
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:39:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're telling me that in the over 120 years that the 30-30 has been around, you dont think we've figured out something better?

Want up close ft lbs? 375 socom, 458 socom, 450 bushmaster, 50 Beowulf.

Want longer range performance? 6.5 Grendel, 6.8spc, 22 Valkyrie, and tons of others.

AR has more capacity, faster rate of fire, more accurate*, and can easily run a large selection of optics, lights, and other accessories.

There's a reason we don't ship guys off to war with 30-30 lever actions.

*if built with accuracy in mind.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I keep an underfolder Win 1300 bungey'd ro my ROPS. Been there for years, nailed a few snakes and a few ghogs.

Tough to beat the 1300...the 870 cant beat the 1300....Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Excellent work gents!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Usually a Tavor or AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#22]
590 shockwave fits nicely on the kubota M59.

Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#23]
when i was a kid, i carried my 10/22 on the tractor with me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:11:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Dad's the one with the tractor in my family. When it's running there's usually either an 18.5" Maverick 88 12 ga, or an SKS, or an old Stevens bolt .22 bungied on the fender.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So you're telling me that in the over 120 years that the 30-30 has been around, you dont think we've figured out something better?

Want longer range performance? 6.5 Grendel, 6.8spc, 22 Valkyrie, and tons of others.

AR has more capacity, faster rate of fire, more accurate*, and can easily run a large selection of optics, lights, and other accessories.

View Quote
For fuck sakes, the fact that some of you can't spot when somebody is feeding you a line of shit is amazing.

Fuck! I don't know even what to say, besides just the fact to just shut the hell up. You look like a dam fool.

I like taking a 30-30 along fuck -off. I don't want all that shit on my tractor gun dumb ass, read a little, and shut yer pie hole, Jesus fucking Christ!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dad's the one with the tractor in my family. When it's running there's usually either an 18.5" Maverick 88 12 ga, or an SKS, or an old Stevens bolt .22 bungied on the fender.
View Quote
I have taken my 18.5 Mossberg along too, always feel pretty good with that along going through the brush.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
This guy know what's up
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There have been a million city slicker trunk gun threads, more redneck truck gun threads, but I haven't seen a tractor gun thread yet. Ive been thinking about what would be best for the occasional groundhog i see in the field. My AO is populated enough that I don't want anything that will travel too far so I was thinking a pistol caliber ar pistol might be ideal for the occasional >50 yard groundhog. Looking for input on options. What is your tractor gun? How do you carry it? Bonus internet points for pics of your tractor gun mounted to your tractor.
View Quote
@Bashby,

My tractor gun setup:

I started out with my BM/Armalite mid-length upper, but then switched to my Colt HBAR, the BM/Armalite was just far more convenient as a house gun vs. the Colt.

For your application, I would recommend a Marlin M1884 in .44 Mag.  This is the rifle I carry in my Kubota RTV:

In addition to the rifles on both my Kubota tractor and RTV, I'm always OCing either my S&W 329PD scandium framed .44 Mag or my S&@ SW1911SC scandium framed .45.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
590 shockwave fits nicely on the kubota M59.

https://i.imgur.com/zoIippt.jpg
View Quote
Where?  Me no see...

BTW, Nice tractor!
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@Bashby,

My tractor gun setup:

https://i.imgur.com/HKt6tCX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Hyq5PPT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ph1eHXh.jpg

I started out with my BM/Armalite mid-length upper, but then switched to my Colt HBAR, the BM/Armalite was just far more convenient as a house gun vs. the Colt.

https://i.imgur.com/SKgXd5W.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EM5wDJl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6uso7P7.jpg

For your application, I would recommend a Marlin M1884 in .44 Mag.  This is the rifle I carry in my Kubota RTV:

https://i.imgur.com/v8YI8uh.jpg

In addition to the rifles on both my Kubota tractor and RTV, I'm always OCing either my S&W 329PD scandium framed .44 Mag or my S&@ SW1911SC scandium framed .45.

Good luck!
View Quote
I’d like to mount something on our Kubota L3901....I usually open carry my EDC G26...it’s easy to clean...maybe I should build a Tractor/Farm/Farm Truck AR with carry handle sights....hmmmm.....

I hope more folks post tractor mount pix...
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#31]
A guy I used to hang out with kept a semi UZI in 9mm in his tractor.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For fuck sakes, the fact that some of you can't spot when somebody is feeding you a line of shit is amazing.

Fuck! I don't know even what to say, besides just the fact to just shut the hell up. You look like a dam fool.

I like taking a 30-30 along fuck -off. I don't want all that shit on my tractor gun dumb ass, read a little, and shut yer pie hole, Jesus fucking Christ!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My apologies, I was trying to have a fact based discussion with you, I now realize that's way above your mental pay grade. I'll make note of that for the future.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Unless you got a coyote problem, a farmer's crop destruction waiver (for ridding the deer in your crops) or zombies birthing from the old graveyard you just plowed on your farm I can's see arming the tractor with anything more than a single 20 gage or 10-22.  Not a farmer, but do have a lot of family and friends who have or do farm.

I guess your average wonder 9 for CC would thwart one of those tractor jackings you hear about.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Unless you got a coyote problem, a farmer's crop destruction waiver (for ridding the deer in your crops) or zombies birthing from the old graveyard you just plowed on your farm I can's see arming the tractor with anything more than a single 20 gage or 10-22.  Not a farmer, but do have a lot of family and friends who have or do farm.

I guess your average wonder 9 for CC would thwart one of those tractor jackings you hear about.
View Quote
I have a coyote problem, a prairie dog problem, and badger problems.   I'll stick to more firepower than a .22 lr or a 20 gauge.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Here you can shoot geese for pulling crop seedlings out of the ground, deer not so much.

Bears if they are about to kill your dogs.

In the spring and fall I shoot a lot of beavers, the most destructive creature around here, I always have one of my AR's with me that time of year and get some coyotes

and badgers too. Beavers piss ya off Esp. when some of those trees are ones I planted. Fuckers come out of the water towards evening like there on a mission, if you know where they are

crawling out of the lakes, you  can pile em up. In the fall you can hear the trees falling when your bow hunting. Vermin of the lowest form, down there with wolves.

Tractor 4 wheeler, golf cart, walking don't matter, ya got ta arm yerself
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Depends upon where I am and what I am doing.  Usually I have an AR pistol in 5.56 and a .44 or Glock 20.  Sometimes a carbine and a .22 pistol.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#37]
All of them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This guy know what's up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This guy know what's up
Night time and day time 12" tractor guns. Simple, light, and effective.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't have an AR-15 on my tractor, a .44 Mag on my RTV and a .45 on my hip for coyotes.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
M240 Bravo
View Quote
This guy knows.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#41]
A rifle is an easy deduction. A collection is not an ordinary business expense.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
A 22mag sounds like a good option but I would want a semiauto.
View Quote
I think a CMR-30 would make a great option.

Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#43]
My grandpa, former Sheriff, actually got a ticket from the DNR for having his gun on his tractor.  Fucker drove out into the field and in front of the tractor to make him stop.

Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
That looks cool.

Needs to be 17HMR
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My grandpa, former Sheriff, actually got a ticket from the DNR for having his gun on his tractor.  Fucker drove out into the field and in front of the tractor to make him stop.

View Quote
Thats why I am thinking an AR pistol platform, legal to open carry or conceal.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#46]
" />

" />
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#47]
We’ve got pigs in the crops and coyotes in the cattle. Usually carry my suppressed AR SBR in 5.56. Sometimes the Scar 17 in the crops when I might have to stretch out a couple hundred to hit the pigs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That looks cool.

Needs to be 17HMR
View Quote
That would be amazing in 17HMR.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The possum patrol was probably trying to accuse him of hunting illegally.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top