Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice, came out awesome.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That will depend on when he sells it. This is borderline contemporary.
View Quote
I don’t even know what that means.

I just designed it how I wanted it with very little regard for resale value.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
After fucking with the office, I decided I needed to build a new reloading bench. I’m gonna learn how to make drawers tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks great! And your kitchen too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool new kitchen!
You just upped the price of your house by a lot also!
This

Grays and concrete tops are going to be dated sooner than people think.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks great
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Your kitchen is gorgeous now, man. It's very well planned and executed.

And I mean this in the nicest way possible, my friend. You married WAY up. Your wife is gorgeous. :)
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool new kitchen!
You just upped the price of your house by a lot also!
This

I’m genuinely curious about this. I don’t know anything about interior design or decorating. I just designed what I like.

The neighborhood was the selling factor for us vs. the wall colors we knew we’d end up changing. As to the countertops, I have a hard time imagining that this won’t look awesome for a long time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Your kitchen is gorgeous now, man. It's very well planned and executed.

And I mean this in the nicest way possible, my friend. You married WAY up. Your wife is gorgeous. :)
View Quote
Thank you... and I know. She makes more money than me, too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Tell me more about the countertops. Did you cast in place or pre-cast them and move them in?

How hard is it to do and where did you get the DIY information?

Do you know what you spent on materials for just the countertops?

I'm seriously considering going the same route, but have only begun to explore the idea.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice. So there used to be a mudroom/hallway behind the range, and you took that whole wall out and expanded the square footage of the room?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tell me more about the countertops. Did you cast in place or pre-cast them and move them in?

I'm seriously considering going the same route, but have only begun to explore the idea.

Thanks!
View Quote
I didn’t do the countertops. These guys did.

Dog paw design

@Paul The countertops were a big part of the reason things took so long. The cabinets had to be fully installed, then he came out and built templates. He took them back to his shop and poured the countertops there. He was really busy so it took like 6 weeks for them to be delivered.

Attachment Attached File

There are 4 countertop pieces with the island top being 9’x4’. It was right at $10,000 for them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice. So there used to be a mudroom/hallway behind the range, and you took that whole wall out and expanded the square footage of the room?
View Quote
Small dining room area that we never used, so it became a collection point for the kids’ crap. Yes we took that whole wall down.

We also removed the sliding glass door back there and installed a single door to free up space on the back wall.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
why would you want to bend over to the microwave like that
View Quote
Do you even drawer microwave, bro? I suppose you put that shit over your stove.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice work Looks good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Very cool and modern looking. We just had to do a bathroom remodel. What started off as some loose tiles turned into a major ordeal. I understand what you went through, to an extent. Congrats on a beautiful looking home.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Which one is the before picture?

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#19]
It's not clear which is before and which is after.  Since the pics with the darker colors look better I'm assuming that's the after, right?

It certainly looks very cozy, nice and modern, nice job!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks good...I'll allow it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks killer
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
3-months?
View Quote
I keep telling the SO it's not the money. It's the logistics of a remodel I dont want to deal with. Even worse we both work nights.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#23]
OP is Winning in life!  Good work sir!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Good for you OP.  What a treasure you have!

Kitchen remodel looks great too.

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Love it. That is beautiful.

Kitchens seem to be a meeting place. It's nice to have a big one with seats at the breakfast bar. I think every time we have people over it starts in the kitchen and then extends outward to the family room. Which is why we have a very open floor plan to our house. Lots of windows and windows in the french doors that open onto the screen patio with woods in back.

Very relaxing.

I'm going to replace my kitchen faucet with one like you have.

ETA If I ever build another house, I might add a pot filler behind the cooktop. For filling pots and the coffee maker. It might even be kinda cool to have it recessed with a rolling door (or something similar) to preserve the finish and cleanliness of the faucet. Just musing...
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dog paw design

@Paul The countertops were a big part of the reason things took so long. The cabinets had to be fully installed, then he came out and built templates. He took them back to his shop and poured the countertops there. He was really busy so it took like 6 weeks for them to be delivered.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/341181/2430761D-67DA-474F-8BD2-1F82746C412F_jpeg-1117434.JPG

There are 4 countertop pieces with the island top being 9’x4’. It was right at $10,000 for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Dog paw design

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/341181/2430761D-67DA-474F-8BD2-1F82746C412F_jpeg-1117434.JPG

What did you use during that time?

Plywood?

OSB?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Nice work.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Not too far from needing to have my master bath and kitchen done.  I'm actually considering building a new house instead.  It costs so much, is such an imposition on everyday normal life, and does NOT necessarily bring any higher ROI.  Realtors use comps from your area that have sold to determine the price, not your sweet new remodel costs.  Your remodel will likely sell much faster than comparable homes in your area, though.

Nice job OP!  I have granite now and will be doing my own polished concrete tops next time around.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Infinitely better.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Meh. I like the old setup better
View Quote
Agree, old kitchen had better color contrast and cabinet location. Warmer feel. Relocating the sink to the island takes up working space on the island. I know, it looks cool and you adapt, but I like an uncluttered island top.

Also, I'm a big fan of natural stone, especially granite, marble and soapstone for counter/island tops. No two slabs are the same and the color/veining in the slabs adds character and visual appeal. I know, concrete is extremely durable, able to be colored and textured and is the 'in' for remodeling.

The new kitchen has a WOW! factor, I'm absolutely certain it will add buyer appeal. Looks great and I'm sure it will be a pleasure to work in. The open look and feel is also very appealing.

Nice job getting it all done in 3 months!

EDIT TO ADD: Great job relocating the island and expanding it into a nice seating area. Now, the sink looks way more useful.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#32]
looks good .... waaayyyyyyy better than before !!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Looks great, OP!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#34]
That looks great!  What kind of $ did that involve?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Come over and do mine now
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
After fucking with the office, I decided I needed to build a new reloading bench. I’m gonna learn how to make drawers tomorrow.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/341181/2CFD4722-95AE-4F10-BDF5-472D91FD27A4_jpeg-1116519.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/341181/52B3D742-DA83-487B-BA28-015D307DDCA1_jpeg-1116520.JPG
View Quote
I like everything you have going on here, from colors, to sweet collection of brand stickers. I had to make one brand change for you though

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep, better than the 80's look oak.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Love it. That is beautiful.

Kitchens seem to be a meeting place. It's nice to have a big one with seats at the breakfast bar. I think every time we have people over it starts in the kitchen and then extends outward to the family room. Which is why we have a very open floor plan to our house. Lots of windows and windows in the french doors that open onto the screen patio with woods in back.

Very relaxing.

I'm going to replace my kitchen faucet with one like you have.

ETA If I ever build another house, I might add a pot filler behind the cooktop. For filling pots and the coffee maker. It might even be kinda cool to have it recessed with a rolling door (or something similar) to preserve the finish and cleanliness of the faucet. Just musing...
View Quote
The pot filler is a great idea and would’ve been very easy, since the cooktop is right where the sink used to be. Shit

We had like 30 people over for a BBQ the other day and most were congregated in the kitchen. It worked out very well compared to the old setup.

I didn’t have any leftovers.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I like everything you have going on here, from colors, to sweet collection of brand stickers. I had to make one brand change for you though

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384430/52B3D742-DA83-487B-BA28-015D307DDCA1_jpeg-1116520_jpeg-1118521.JPG

View Quote

The Milwaukee tools are awesome, but I’m pretty invested in DeWalt at this point.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks great, I always thought white cabinets looks best!
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#41]
That looks really nice OP, and I’m not a kitchen or food snob. Love the countertops and IMO at $10K they were worth every penny considering the construction.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Milwaukee tools are awesome, but I’m pretty invested in DeWalt at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384430/52B3D742-DA83-487B-BA28-015D307DDCA1_jpeg-1116520_jpeg-1118521.JPG

Your remodel just went from really nice to awesome due to this reply. Especially since you did it yourself....with DeWalt tools

Kudos
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks good. You moved a lot of stuff around in smart ways.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top