Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Shits getting nuts.

eta - cop had been on the force 32 years.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup. I live about 6 miles south of there.

I really hope they get the bastards soon, before they hurt someone else...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a small town, about 10,500 per Wikipedia.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yup. I live about 6 miles south of there.

I really hope they get the bastards soon, before they hurt someone else...

I'm perhaps 40-45 minutes from there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
On Fox News -

7:52 AM the officer stopped three males who were on foot.

Officer called for backup. A foot pursuit then took place.

Female being interviewed has no other info.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Damn

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers out for the Officers family.  This shit's got to stop, may the hunters be fast and accurate.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's really difficult to know. ODMP claims that line of duty deaths are down 2% over this point last year. That said, it's always difficult to know whether the total number of assaults are going up or down because those numbers aren't reliably tracked. Improvements in medical care also keep officers alive that would have died of similar wounds in the past.

I think what might have changed is the brazenness of some of the attacks and the motivations of the assailants. The fact that individuals in authority are remaining silent on the matter (or even quietly cheering on the criminals) is also new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this an actual uptick, or are we just reporting on it now because of the #BlackLivesMatter stuff?

Honest question. I've never seen the stats.

It's really difficult to know. ODMP claims that line of duty deaths are down 2% over this point last year. That said, it's always difficult to know whether the total number of assaults are going up or down because those numbers aren't reliably tracked. Improvements in medical care also keep officers alive that would have died of similar wounds in the past.

I think what might have changed is the brazenness of some of the attacks and the motivations of the assailants. The fact that individuals in authority are remaining silent on the matter (or even quietly cheering on the criminals) is also new.

Its the first that I have heard of an officer outside of the city of chicago being shot and killed...

Fox Lake isn't the classiest of places but this is still very abnormal for them
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If he confronted three males on foot, it's possible he was overwhelmed, disarmed, and shot with his own weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On Fox News -

7:52 AM the officer stopped three males who were on foot.

Officer called for backup. A foot pursuit then took place.

Female being interviewed has no other info.

If he confronted three males on foot, it's possible he was overwhelmed, disarmed, and shot with his own weapon.

That was reported about an hour ago - but never confirmed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Uptick, I truly believe it is specifically because of that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this an actual uptick, or are we just reporting on it now because of the #BlackLivesMatter stuff?

Uptick, I truly believe it is specifically because of that.

In raw numbers, 51 law enforcement officers were [feloniously] killed in the line of duty in 2014, versus 27 such [felonious] deaths in 2013.

The FBI report Monday was preliminary; the complete annual report will be released in the fall.

And the number killed in deliberate ambush attacks has tripled in a year, according to data collected by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. In 2014 there were 15 officers killed in fatal ambushes compared to five in 2013, the group said.

They really need to arrest those that are calling for this violence. This has to stop.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
RIP

Prayers to the officer's family, friends and brothers/sisters in uniform.

Prayers for ARFCOM LEO's as well - stay safe out there.
View Quote

+87....stay safe
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So when are the #BLM folks going to be treated as a home grown terrorist group?
View Quote

Never. Eric Holder help build this.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully those dude's don't make it to trial.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not "OUR" country anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS IS CRAZY WHAT IN THE HACK IS GOING ON IN OUR COUNTRY?

Revolution. Transformational change.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Are Obama and Holder happy yet?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to recruit up in McHenry county, back in the early '90s. That area to the immediate west of Fox Lake was actually my personal area, and it was a kind of strange place, even back then. You had your typical country folk interspersed with yuppies from the city, and then the really weird types. The cops were pretty good guys, and I knew more than a few from shooting with them down in the one indoor range they had in McHenry. Most of the time, things were pretty quiet, but there were some seriously weird things going on with some people up there--Like, the guy they did a traffic stop on up in Richmond, and found a bound teenage girl in his trunk. That was around the time I left, and the story I got from the recruiter that took over from me was that this character was traced and connected to about a dozen missing persons cases, and had supposedly been burying them on the old family farm in northern McHenry county...

Weird part of the world, to me--It had the bleed-over going on from Chicago, and a really strange vibe to a lot of stuff. You'd hear people make casual references to the mob, gang activity, and a whole bunch of other stuff that's just T-totally alien to a guy from the rural West. You'd talk to people, and get the sense that there was a sort of sub-text going on to everything. One of the families I dealt with extensively was mobbed-up, I'm sure, based on a bunch of what I overheard talking to them. And, it wasn't like they bothered to hide it, either--It was like a legit job, seemed like.

I hope they catch the bastards--Most of the cops I knew up around there were pretty good guys, although there were a few shitheads. Lake County and McHenry seem to be significantly less FUBAR than Cook, when I was there, but that may have changed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#17]

LEO's need to stay safe, your FIRE/EMS brothers have your back
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#18]
This is terrorism
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This doesn't sound like a #BLM shooting. Cops are looking for a couple of white guys and a black guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is that, 10 in 9 days now?

Unbelievable

Soros and BLACKLIVESMATTER must have quite the boner right now.

This doesn't sound like a #BLM shooting. Cops are looking for a couple of white guys and a black guy.

The dude who started #BLM is a white guy. Then there's the #wrongskins. Lastly, OWSer's, particularly black bloc, find cause to side with #BLM to the point of trying to commandeer it on the ground at times.

Strange days.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No one knows what it is, at this moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this is not domestic terrorism, then what is?

No one knows what it is, at this moment.

We know it's about feelz.

#BLM
#fuckthepolice
#fuckyoflag
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Jesus titty-fucking Christ.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good. String em up!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't mean to side track or be an ass, but Fox Lake is now a suburb of Chicago?  Really?  Is Lake Geneva a suburb of Shitcago as well now?  I mean christ, the place is closer to Milwaukee than Chicago.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perhaps.  The media created the perception that police were killing "innocent" people wholesale as well.  There was no statistical increase in police shootings (or even police misconduct for that matter), only an increase in coverage.  As as symptom of this, in the last few years I've seen GD become more and more anti law enforcement, reposting article after article from the news media reporting on alleged police misconduct.  Apparently the arguing over this subject has gotten so bad lately that site staff has had to intervene judging by a few recent threads.  Thanks to advances in technology and the expanding of welfare programs allowing just about everyone to have a camera phone, video of police encounters has increased.  

There is no epidemic of police misconduct, only a perception there is, fueled by the media, egged on by politicians, and reposted again and again by social media and forums.  

This is no epidemic of police killings (statistically so far, that is), but there has been a very recent uptick in national media coverage in response to the above.  A symptom of a greater problem.  As others posted there is perhaps an increase in brazenness and unprovoked attacks.  Again, a symptom of a greater problem.

The only winner here is the media, with sky high ratings and ad revenue; at the expense of society.  They have found a controversial subject that gets them ratings and have been milking it for all that it's worth.

None of this is meant to take away from the death of the officer.  R.I.P.  Hopefully the scumbag killers are brought to justice quickly.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hard to say at this point, especially since the year to date totals aren't out of the norm, but 6 dead by gunfire in August is a rather elevated per-month stat.

While there's not enough data to make any vaguely accurate guess, my gut suggests that at least some of the current uptick is rooted in the BLM crap, but not all.

Also note that while figures for officers killed is pretty consistently accurate and quick, data on officers shot or otherwise assaulted but who survive is difficult to nail down.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I used to recruit up in McHenry county, back in the early '90s. That area to the immediate west of Fox Lake was actually my personal area, and it was a kind of strange place, even back then. You had your typical country folk interspersed with yuppies from the city, and then the really weird types. The cops were pretty good guys, and I knew more than a few from shooting with them down in the one indoor range they had in McHenry. Most of the time, things were pretty quiet, but there were some seriously weird things going on with some people up there--Like, the guy they did a traffic stop on up in Richmond, and found a bound teenage girl in his trunk. That was around the time I left, and the story I got from the recruiter that took over from me was that this character was traced and connected to about a dozen missing persons cases, and had supposedly been burying them on the old family farm in northern McHenry county...

Weird part of the world, to me--It had the bleed-over going on from Chicago, and a really strange vibe to a lot of stuff. You'd hear people make casual references to the mob, gang activity, and a whole bunch of other stuff that's just T-totally alien to a guy from the rural West. You'd talk to people, and get the sense that there was a sort of sub-text going on to everything. One of the families I dealt with extensively was mobbed-up, I'm sure, based on a bunch of what I overheard talking to them. And, it wasn't like they bothered to hide it, either--It was like a legit job, seemed like.

I hope they catch the bastards--Most of the cops I knew up around there were pretty good guys, although there were a few shitheads. Lake County and McHenry seem to be significantly less FUBAR than Cook, when I was there, but that may have changed.
View Quote

The Fox Lake area did have a reputation of sort of a mob area.
One of the taverns on the Chain of Lakes was reputed to be an Al Capone hideout way back when, and even marketed themselves on their gangster history.
The name of place escapes me right now, but I was there once.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto, Amigo.with the way shit is going, ANYONE wearing any kind of uniform is a target. Watch you six as well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#32]

This is out of control gents.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
Look at the leaders

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

WTF. This is pissing me off.
View Quote

On this we agree. I feel we have more in common than differences, it's an infuriating subject to come together on though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#35]
This is horrible. Stay safe LEO's.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, hell yes, same here.  Thank you, brother.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Kind of what I am thinking too.  You have the whole race baiting crew stirring up shit.  Then you have the media sucking off the race baiters while stirring up shit themselves.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus.  This is getting crazy.  

It's not getting crazy. This is a result of the presidents lack of condemnation of the shootings. His silence on every attack, on members of the LE community condones the BLM and Black Muslim attacks.

Not 20 minutes after the Grand Jury verdict for Wilson , O was doing a press conference. 2 now 3 days after the execution of the deputy in Huston his lips are sealed tighter than my ex's .
Granted he probably hasn't heard of them on the news, yet.

One of these fuckers will be real surprised when they pull the joker next time the race card is played.

Kind of what I am thinking too.  You have the whole race baiting crew stirring up shit.  Then you have the media sucking off the race baiters while stirring up shit themselves.  

Nothing out of the ordinary is going on. The actual number of officers shot is down compared to the last several years.  The media is just spinning up every shooting and giving it national attention making it seem like shooting are happening more frequently.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
LEOs, is this above normal rate of these incidents or is the media hyping it for headlines? Do we need to start patrolling the patrollers at strange hours to watch your six or what? My fucking Spidey sense is starting to tingle on this shit.
View Quote

Line of duty deaths due to gunfire are down 21% this year.  It is a case of the media hyping the headlines and people falling for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Jesus.  This is getting crazy.  
View Quote
The animals who are doing this need to be put down like the wild dogs they are

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#40]
DAMN......RIP Brother.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
wtf is going on. . .
View Quote

I wish people would stop asking this. I really do. It implies that there is some mysterious fucking reason that suddenly police are being shot on an almost daily basis. Gee, I'm really scratching my head here. If only there were something - anything - that could possibly be the cause of this. I mean, it would be different if there was a group of people yelling at the top of their lungs "Kill the pigs!" while walking down the middle of the street, or on social media, or on the news, or basically everywhere. If that were happening, this might be explainable. But no, we are left simply asking "Wtf is going on" because it's just completely inexplicable.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, its his:

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

9 officers shot in Louisiana in 8 weeks. That's definitely a big uptick, at least for that state.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The year isn't up yet, but there was a significant spike in 2014. 47 officers murdered by gunfire in 2014...23 so far this year, I believe. (And that doesn't count other forms of violence like assault, struck by vehicles, etc)

Most everybody I talk to expects 2015's numbers to surpass 2014's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The year isn't up yet, but there was a significant spike in 2014. 47 officers murdered by gunfire in 2014...23 so far this year, I believe. (And that doesn't count other forms of violence like assault, struck by vehicles, etc)

Most everybody I talk to expects 2015's numbers to surpass 2014's.

2013 was the lowest amount of line of duty death's since the 1940s. 2014 was slightly higher, but still the second lowest since the 1950s, Line of duty deaths are about the same so far as last year, and those caused by gunfire are down over 20%.

Regardless of what the media is spinning, this is the safest time to be a police officer in history.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Fox Lake area did have a reputation of sort of a mob area.
One of the taverns on the Chain of Lakes was reputed to be an Al Capone hideout way back when, and even marketed themselves on their gangster history.
The name of place escapes me right now, but I was there once.
View Quote

The Mineola Hotel

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Gun Fire

Lt. Charles Joseph (G.I. Joe) Gliniewicz

EOW: Tuesday, September 1st, 2015

Cause of Death : Gunfire

Deputy Sheriff Darren H. Goforth
Harris County Sheriff's Office, TX
EOW: Friday, August 28, 2015
Cause of Death: Gunfire

Police Officer Henry Nelson
Sunset Police Department, LA
EOW: Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Senior Trooper Steven Vincent
Louisiana State Police, LA
EOW: Monday, August 24, 2015

Deputy Sheriff Carl Howell
Carson City Sheriff's Office, NV
EOW: Saturday, August 15, 2015

Police Officer Thomas LaValley
Shreveport Police Department, LA
EOW: Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Police Officer Sean Michael Bolton
Memphis Police Department, TN
EOW: Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sergeant Scott Lunger
Hayward Police Department, CA
EOW: Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Police Officer Daryle Holloway
New Orleans Police Department, LA
EOW: Saturday, June 20, 2015

Police Officer Sonny Kim
Cincinnati Police Department, OH
EOW: Friday, June 19, 2015

Officer Gregg "Nigel" Benner
Rio Rancho Police Department, NM
EOW: Monday, May 25, 2015

Patrolman James Bennett, Jr.
Housing Authority of New Orleans Police Department, LA
EOW: Sunday, May 24, 2015

Detective Kerrie Orozco
Omaha Police Department, NE
EOW: Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Reserve Deputy Sonny Smith
Johnson County Sheriff's Office, AR
EOW: Friday, May 15, 2015

Police Officer Liquori Tate
Hattiesburg Police Department, MS
EOW: Saturday, May 9, 2015

Police Officer Benjamin Deen
Hattiesburg Police Department, MS
EOW: Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sergeant Greg Moore
Coeur d'Alene Police Department, ID
EOW: Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Detective Brian Moore
New York City Police Department, NY
EOW: Monday, May 4, 2015

Police Officer Michael Johnson
San Jose Police Department, CA
EOW: Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Trooper Trevor Casper
Wisconsin State Patrol, WI
EOW: Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Police Officer Alex Yazzie
Navajo Division of Public Safety, TR
EOW: Thursday, March 19, 2015

Deputy U.S. Marshal Josie Wells
United States Department of Justice - United States Marshals Service, US
EOW: Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Police Officer Robert Wilson, III
Philadelphia Police Department, PA
EOW: Thursday, March 5, 2015

Detective Terence Avery Green
Fulton County Police Department, GA
EOW: Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Assault

Corrections Officer Timothy Davison
Texas Department of Criminal Justice, TX
EOW: Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Cause of Death: Assault

Police Officer Rick Silva
Chehalis Police Department, WA
EOW: Thursday, June 18, 2015

Patrolman George S. Nissen
Stone Park Police Department, IL
EOW: Thursday, March 12, 2015

Vehicle Pursuit

Police Officer David Joseph Nelson

Bakersfield Police Department, CA

EOW: Friday, June 26, 2015

Cause of Death: Vehicle pursuit

Sheriff Ladson O'Connor

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, GA

EOW: Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Police Officer Juandre Gilliam

Jeanerette Police Department, LA

EOW: Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Police Officer Craig Chandler

Baltimore City Police Department, MD

EOW: Friday, January 9, 2015

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#47]
RIP Officer

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#48]
they have one in custody
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:21:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Police officers on the ground and in the air search a swampy area near Fox Lake looking for three men wanted in the killing of a police officer in Fox Lake on Sept. 1, 2015.

A sniper and a lookout atop a roof during a manhunt for three suspects following the killing of a police officer in Fox Lake on Sept. 1, 2015.

A sniper and a lookout during a manhunt for three men wanted in the fatal shooting of a police officer in Fox Lake on Sept. 1, 2015.

Law enforcement officers scan a swampy area in Fox Lake where a manhunt was launched after an officer was shot to death Sept. 1, 2015.

A man waits by the police and fire chaplain's car outside the Antioch home of a police officer who was shot and killed while on duty in Fox Lake on Sept. 1, 2015.

A bloodhound gets water in the scorching heat during a manhunt for suspects wanted in connection with the slaying of a police officer in Fox Lake on Sept. 1, 2015.

Police inspect a bike after stopping a rider on the bike path during the search for suspects in the fatal shooting of an officer Sept. 1, 2015.

A Lake County sheriff's officer sits near the Route 59 bridge in Fox Lake as he looks for suspects in the fatal shooting of an officer Sept. 1, 2015.

A police officer is helped to an ambulance in the scorching heat during a manhunt for suspects wanted in connection with killing a police officer in Fox Lake on Sept. 1, 2015.

Fox Lake emergency teams gather as the search continues for three suspects in the fatal shooting of an officer on Sept. 1, 2015.

A law enforcement officer patrols the Route 59 bridge in Fox Lake as he looks for suspects in the fatal shooting of an officer on Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2015.

A police helicopter patrols a swampy area near Route 59 and Rollins Road in Fox Lake during a manhunt for three people suspected in the killing of a police officer Sept. 1, 2015.

Police officers patrol near Route 59 and Rollins Road in Fox Lake during a manhunt for three people wanted in the fatal shooting of a police officer Sept. 1, 2015.

A police officer near Route 59 and Rollins Road in Fox Lake during a manhunt for three men suspected in the fatal shooting of police officer Sept. 1, 2015.

Police officers patrol a swampy area in Fox Lake during a manhunt for suspects in the fatal shooting for a police officer Sept. 1, 2015.

Police officers gather during a manhunt for three suspects in the fatal shooting of Fox Lake police officer Sept. 1 2015.

Fox Lake police search for suspects after a police offer was fatally shot Sept. 1, 2015.

Fox Lake police gather as they search for suspects after a police offer was shot to death Sept. 1, 2015.

A Fox Lake police officer during a manhunt for three suspects in the fatal shooting of an officer Sept. 1, 2015.

Fox Lake police search for suspects in an incident near downtown Fox Lake on Sept. 1, 2015.

Fox Lake police search for suspects in an incident near downtown Fox Lake on Sept. 1, 2015.

Fox Lake police search for suspects in an incident near downtown Fox Lake on Sept. 1, 2015. The search prompted officials at Grant Community High School to put the building on lockdown.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top