Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
*this post is false
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:  $1.99/gallon 85 octane up near Greeley, CO. Haven't seen it that low in a while.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310106/Screenshot_20231214-125552_GasBuddy_jpg-3059398.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
This morning $5.20 Regular/Shell, Mission Hills.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#4]

The closer to California you get, the more expensive fuel is due to lunatic emission laws.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
$3.89 for 87 at Costco.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
$2.49 outside of Fort Worth
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In before AK man makes us all feel better about our local gas prices.
View Quote
Afraid to show your location?

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Where did all those "I did that" stickers go?
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#9]
It's $2.69 here.  IN is usually more expensive because the state adds more tax to gas than any other this side of New Jersey (or something like that).  The state government, of course, usually blames it on profiteering from the "Crossroads of America" or some such bullshit.  Given all that, seeing others pay over $3 is kind of surprising.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Gas prices will probably start to drop even more, the democrat machine will gift billions to the saudis to lower oil prices for next years election.
That puke Yellen was the one that talked about inflation being transitory, now she's saying this is a soft landing.  SHe like the rest of those lying American hating leftists can suck on it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#11]
$2.80/gallon

Frederick County, MD

I was in NOVA and DC this week, over $4/gallon in those areas.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#12]
2.45 last week
2.35 this week
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#13]
$2.25 for regular at Costco today
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
$3.39 in Sierra Vista, Az.  Circle K regular with their .10 discount.
View Quote

Bout the same in the closest town to me, Benson.

I got a .20c off card at circle k a couple weeks ago when they had a promotion.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Over saturation of the gasoline market currently.  

Part of it is, sure, lower demand.  Part of it is just the cut of crudes being processed in the U.S. currently. Part of it is regional for me.  Part of it is basically all the refineries are up and running right now. We’ve had a great streak the last few months of high refinery utilization.

I had dinner with the fuel marketing side of a refiner on Monday.  My market is tough for them. And PBF Lima came back online, as well as PBF Toledo. So two more refineries in the region putting gasoline into pipelines in the region.

There’s a lot of gasoline on the market right now over all. Not enough diesel fuel because we’re still exporting the shit out of it to Europe.

We’re also importing a lot of finished grade gasoline product from other countries currently.  Which is driving down the refinery margins here.

Odd times. Good for the consumer to drive gasoline prices down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Refiners current losing money on the gasoline market. Economics just aren't there.

Distillates and heavier products are doing good.

Losing money because the market is oversaturated? Lower demand?

Part of it is, sure, lower demand.  Part of it is just the cut of crudes being processed in the U.S. currently. Part of it is regional for me.  Part of it is basically all the refineries are up and running right now. We’ve had a great streak the last few months of high refinery utilization.

I had dinner with the fuel marketing side of a refiner on Monday.  My market is tough for them. And PBF Lima came back online, as well as PBF Toledo. So two more refineries in the region putting gasoline into pipelines in the region.

There’s a lot of gasoline on the market right now over all. Not enough diesel fuel because we’re still exporting the shit out of it to Europe.

We’re also importing a lot of finished grade gasoline product from other countries currently.  Which is driving down the refinery margins here.

@Foxtrot08

Super interesting seeing the back end now that the refinery systems are back up to a normal level. I remember you talking about refinery maintenance projects a while back.

My question for you is about exports. The U.S. dollar is strong right now. Strong enough that is causing issues in export sales of Agricultural exports from the United States currently. Is the strong dollar situation affecting the export sales of the various fuels and crude produced in the United States for export?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@Foxtrot08

Super interesting seeing the back end now that the refinery systems are back up to a normal level. I remember you talking about refinery maintenance projects a while back.

My question for you is about exports. The U.S. dollar is strong right now. Strong enough that is causing issues in export sales of Agricultural exports from the United States currently. Is the strong dollar situation affecting the export sales of the various fuels and crude produced in the United States for export?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Refiners current losing money on the gasoline market. Economics just aren't there.

@Foxtrot08

Lubricants market yes.  

Diesel fuel / jet fuel I’m sure. But Europe doesn’t have a bunch of other options for diesel fuel other than the U.S. right now.  That can make the ULSD they want. Let alone the renewable diesel fuels some people want.  

But it’s also why we’re importing gasoline right now.  Strong dollar, people want to off load gasoline here.

Lubricant and natural gas export markets are getting pretty beat up right now.  Everyone tried to raise lubricant prices.  That failed. And now we’re supposedly looking at another decrease.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Paid $2.92 yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Best is $2.979 for 87 octane. Diesel is running anywhere from around $4.099 to $4.699 along my commute (but I do not use it - just keep an eye on it as a tracker of home heating oil).
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#20]
$3.19 for Regular .  $4.04 for Diesel
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I kind of assumed that the high diesel prices had something to do with the low gas prices.

With the demand for our diesel being so high, I figured we're getting back to "gasoline is a waste product" territory.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lubricants market yes.  

Diesel fuel / jet fuel I’m sure. But Europe doesn’t have a bunch of other options for diesel fuel other than the U.S. right now.  That can make the ULSD they want. Let alone the renewable diesel fuels some people want.  

But it’s also why we’re importing gasoline right now.  Strong dollar, people want to off load gasoline here.

Lubricant and natural gas export markets are getting pretty beat up right now.  Everyone tried to raise lubricant prices.  That failed. And now we’re supposedly looking at another decrease.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Foxtrot08

Lubricants market yes.  

Thank you. I think it's just fascinating the cross roads we are at right now. On shoring heavy manufacturing, tech, and energy like hydrocarbons and nuclear fuel is really taking our economy to a place it really hasn't been in a good long time.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Filled up last night for $2.54 a gallon.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top