| I was listening to Carolla’s pod where he went to eat at the Hell’s Kitchen set and it certainly sounded like they would purposely send out food that would come back to get the footage. He said the app was so salty he couldn’t eat it and that was stuff they contestants didn’t even make lol. |
|
Quoted: I never watched the show, just the video from the OP. This has to be staged. If I were an owner, one would think they’d be throwing him out of their restaurant? The missus and I started watching Kitchen Nightmares during last year's initial "pandemic" lockdown. I hate reality television, but this is obviously not staged. For one, the restaurant owners who successfully manage to land an opportunity are awarded not only publicity, remodeling, and new equipment (POS, oven ranges, etc.), but cash. It's a lucrative position to be in. But to answer your question, there have been more than a few owners who threw him out although their close friends/relatives/associates persuade Gordon to return. At least two owners have flat out refused his help. There's actually a channel dedicated to his show for free on Samsung TV |
|
Quoted: How can someone hate on Ramsey? Dude is very smart, a hard worker and a class act outside of TV from what I gather. I think he's awesome... he knows his shit. what I find most interesting about his show is how many people go into the restaurant business knowing nothing about cooking great food, and know nothing about running a business.... I mean, these people will mortgage their own homes and dump every dollar they ever had into something they are clearly completely clueless to execute successfully... no experience, no nothing.. ![]() |
|
Quoted: He's got several "kill it and grill it" videos that are good. Here's one from Fort Benning. That’s actually very cool. Makes me think he’s less of a jackass than I originally thought of him. |
|
Quoted: he's good to watch from time to time, he's just a dramatic Dr Phil and anything to get ratings. but i've read in real life he's a nice person. It's all for TV. He's super nice. Has a great family with good kids. A true family man. His father in law FUCKED HIM OVER big time and was embezzling money from his company. He was caught and spent time in jail over it. He's a tough bastard too. Good enough to play pro soccer but suffered a knee injury. Trained with British Royal Marines. Trained at Ft. Benning. Loves to hunt and fish and taught his son as well. I've read his books. He has daddy issues big time. Brother is a drug addict. One thing you have to give him. He is a self made man. He's suffered bankruptcy at one of his restaurants but went on to create an empire. The old F Word was his best show. I like him. No homo. |
|
Quoted: It's all for TV. He's super nice. Has a great family with good kids. A true family man. His father in law FUCKED HIM OVER big time and was embezzling money from his company. He was caught and spent time in jail over it. He's a tough bastard too. Good enough to play pro soccer but suffered a knee injury. Trained with British Royal Marines. Trained at Ft. Benning. Loves to hunt and fish and taught his son as well. I've read his books. He has daddy issues big time. Brother is a drug addict. One thing you have to give him. He is a self made man. He's suffered bankruptcy at one of his restaurants but went on to create an empire. The old F Word was his best show. I like him. No homo. I'm hearing that more and more. Switches it on for TV but in real life is a pretty nice guy. Must be smart as all get out with some of his comedy jabs. Like Robin Williams making it up as he goes smart. The more I hear the more I believe he has one side for TV and another in real life. |
|
Quoted: I found him to be really down-to-earth and a pretty nice guy actually. Good sense of humor too. When did you meet him? You're certainly not judging the man by the character he plays on TV are you? ![]() Quoted: Quoted: Self-important jackass. I found him to be really down-to-earth and a pretty nice guy actually. Good sense of humor too. When did you meet him? You're certainly not judging the man by the character he plays on TV are you? ![]() He has a very different personality in his early BBC shows and his at home cooking content. My main complaint about him is that he overuses sugar and other sweet things in dishes where they have no place. |
|
He's busy but still has time to make wishes come true. Very few celebrities would truly give a hug like this. ![]() Young Girl Battling Cancer Gets a Surprise of a Lifetime from Gordon Ramsay |
|
Quoted: The missus and I started watching Kitchen Nightmares during last year's initial "pandemic" lockdown. I hate reality television, but this is obviously not staged. For one, the restaurant owners who successfully manage to land an opportunity are awarded not only publicity, remodeling, and new equipment (POS, oven ranges, etc.), but cash. It's a lucrative position to be in. But to answer your question, there have been more than a few owners who threw him out although their close friends/relatives/associates persuade Gordon to return. At least two owners have flat out refused his help. There's actually a channel dedicated to his show for free on Samsung TV Quoted: Quoted: I never watched the show, just the video from the OP. This has to be staged. If I were an owner, one would think they’d be throwing him out of their restaurant? The missus and I started watching Kitchen Nightmares during last year's initial "pandemic" lockdown. I hate reality television, but this is obviously not staged. For one, the restaurant owners who successfully manage to land an opportunity are awarded not only publicity, remodeling, and new equipment (POS, oven ranges, etc.), but cash. It's a lucrative position to be in. But to answer your question, there have been more than a few owners who threw him out although their close friends/relatives/associates persuade Gordon to return. At least two owners have flat out refused his help. There's actually a channel dedicated to his show for free on Samsung TV Everything they say to each other is pre scripted . |
|
Quoted: I found him to be really down-to-earth and a pretty nice guy actually. Good sense of humor too. When did you meet him? You're certainly not judging the man by the character he plays on TV are you? ![]() Quoted: Quoted: Self-important jackass. I found him to be really down-to-earth and a pretty nice guy actually. Good sense of humor too. When did you meet him? You're certainly not judging the man by the character he plays on TV are you? ![]() Worked for him for a short time. He was a wonderful guy, and treated us absolutely fucking fantastic - if you weren't an abject fucking moron. |
|
Quoted: Not that big a deal. You are aware that it is sterilized by bringing it up to frying temp, right? Also any fry cook will tell you that you have to save some of the oil from the previous load to put in the new load, or your stuff won't come out as brown as it should. Quoted: Quoted: There is a place in Memphis that prides itself on never changing their fryer grease since 1912. They just add a little to top it off every now and then. Not that big a deal. You are aware that it is sterilized by bringing it up to frying temp, right? Also any fry cook will tell you that you have to save some of the oil from the previous load to put in the new load, or your stuff won't come out as brown as it should. No. This is absolute bullshit and mythology of the highest order, and would have gotten you laughed out of any of the kitchens I worked in. ![]() Fryers get dumped at the end of the night, scrubbed, boiled out, and get fresh oil every morning. At MOST every other day.
|
|
Quoted: he's good to watch from time to time, he's just a dramatic Dr Phil and anything to get ratings. but i've read in real life he's a nice person. He's also an asshole to employees and cheated on his wife in real life. I think deep down the guy is a genuinely nice person, but he's also an egomaniac |
|
Quoted: He's got several "kill it and grill it" videos that are good. Here's one from Fort Benning. "You calling me a shit shot?"
|
|
Quoted: He's also an asshole to employees and cheated on his wife in real life. I think deep down the guy is a genuinely nice person, but he's also an egomaniac Quoted: Quoted: he's good to watch from time to time, he's just a dramatic Dr Phil and anything to get ratings. but i've read in real life he's a nice person. He's also an asshole to employees and cheated on his wife in real life. I think deep down the guy is a genuinely nice person, but he's also an egomaniac Lol. We literally have someone who has worked for him post in this thread the exact opposite. |
|
Quoted: Lol. We literally have someone who has worked for him post in this thread the exact opposite. Quoted: Quoted: Quoted: he's good to watch from time to time, he's just a dramatic Dr Phil and anything to get ratings. but i've read in real life he's a nice person. He's also an asshole to employees and cheated on his wife in real life. I think deep down the guy is a genuinely nice person, but he's also an egomaniac Lol. We literally have someone who has worked for him post in this thread the exact opposite. Which part? When I said he's an asshole or when I said he's a genuinely nice person? Evidently we have a member here who has been unconfirmed, to my knowledge, to have worked for him vs interviews with confirmed employees of his. All I have to base what I said are from what confirmed employees of his have said. For the record, I really like Gordon Ramsey. I think on his show Uncharted, you get the real him. As I'm sure others have said, his US vs UK shows are polar opposites. That being said, his multiple affairs make him an asshole |
|
Quoted: It's all for TV. He's super nice. Has a great family with good kids. A true family man. His father in law FUCKED HIM OVER big time and was embezzling money from his company. He was caught and spent time in jail over it. He's a tough bastard too. Good enough to play pro soccer but suffered a knee injury. Trained with British Royal Marines. Trained at Ft. Benning. Loves to hunt and fish and taught his son as well. I've read his books. He has daddy issues big time. Brother is a drug addict. One thing you have to give him. He is a self made man. He's suffered bankruptcy at one of his restaurants but went on to create an empire. The old F Word was his best show. I like him. No homo. F word was a great show... food variety-type setup, very interesting stuff... is it no longer running? I thought it was his father in law who lent him money for his first restaurant? |
|
Quoted: he's good to watch from time to time, he's just a dramatic Dr Phil and anything to get ratings. but i've read in real life he's a nice person. |
|
If you like Kitchen Nightmare, definitely check out the UK versions. They don't have the fake drama, sound effects, and of the other corny stuff that makes the US version almost unwatchable. The UK version feels just so calmer and not fake reality tv type trash. And sometimes he really likes the food too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQsJRlPiEVw Also, one of my favorite Ramsey episodes is when he tears apart the owner on Hotel Nightmares. The owner is this flamboyant pompous prick with one of the most punchanble faces. Like when the owner thinks he has a 300k art collection and it ends up being 25k. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys9ziXRfEMw The whole episode is hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqVA0BWa6lE&list=PL3Hj4nIIdyJCRqrLtZU03fJIx_vSFMnOo |
|
Quoted: No. This is absolute bullshit and mythology of the highest order, and would have gotten you laughed out of any of the kitchens I worked in. ![]() Fryers get dumped at the end of the night, scrubbed, boiled out, and get fresh oil every morning. At MOST every other day. ![]() I've worked in a few kitchens here and there. It's definitely how many are run. It depends on what you cook, how much of it, and a few other factors, but in many cases oil is filtered once or twice a day, and changed weekly. What do you think fryer oil filter carts are for? https://www.webstaurantstore.com/25921/fryer-oil-filtration-machines.html If that's a surprise to you, you might want to try working in food service a little more. My point about the sterilization is that by the time the oil reaches 320 F, there's nothing left alive in it. That does not mean it is clean, appetizing, or safe to consume, but it is completely sterile. |
|
Quoted: BBC version is IMO one of the all-time great cooking shows. the current fox version is crap. Quoted: Quoted: F word was a great show... food variety-type setup, very interesting stuff... is it no longer running? BBC version is IMO one of the all-time great cooking shows. the current fox version is crap. oh, they have a FOX version? American media wrecks everything... so no longer a UK show then? |
|
Quoted: oh, they have a FOX version? American media wrecks everything... so no longer a UK show then? yeah, I think the BBC is only 3 seasons, but is very genuine. you can tell that everyone is having fun and doing stuff they care about. the american version is typical reality show scripted crap. |
Join the Community
Your next conversation starts here.
Create your free account to join discussions, share your experience, save topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.
- Join discussions
- Follow topics and replies
- Connect with fellow enthusiasts
Already a member? Sign in
Stay informed by subscribing to our Newsletter



