User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strange I remember our beloved President saying that if you liked your plan you could keep it.  You telling me he lied?
View Quote

You have that wrong. He's helping you out by encouraging you to enroll in the new plans.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
God I am so pissed.
Blue Cross/Blue shield of NC wants me to roll into a "silver" plan which gives a hell of a lot less coverage for 3x the price.

Going to tell Blue Cross/Blue Shield that if they had wanted to keep me as a customer, they would have lobbied harder against Obama Care.

View Quote

my company insurance is the same, same deal, probably identical letter even

oh well.

blood from a turnip

Link Posted: 11/3/2013 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Strange I remember our beloved President saying that if you liked your plan you could keep it.  You telling me he lied?
View Quote

And, that only those with 'shoddy' insurance would have to change and/or, get cancelled.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I didn't go to mailbox yesterday....

Individual plan, I am self a self employed farmer.

That means I need insurance against big things, like getting mauled by a piece of equipment, I don't use insurance for the small stuff, just paid cash.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

mail on a Sunday?

I didn't go to mailbox yesterday....

Individual plan, I am self a self employed farmer.

That means I need insurance against big things, like getting mauled by a piece of equipment, I don't use insurance for the small stuff, just paid cash.
With  all due respect OP, who are you to decide how to manage your affairs?  The central planners in Washington can do it so much better than you.

Link Posted: 11/3/2013 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Got mine a week ago from Aetna
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I got a letter from BCBSTX that says I am able to keep my current individual plan... I also just checked the mail (Sunday), I find another letter from BCBSTX stating that my insurance payment will increase, starting January 1, due to the new Affordable Care Act fees.

It increased by 4.44%. The letter describes these fees as, "Annual Fee on Health Insurers" and "Transitional Reinsurance Program Contribution Fee". (Sounds like taxes to me.)
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I must be in the right place and time then.  We just got our open enrollment for insurance the other day. Premiums go up about $10 a check and all the coverage stays the same. My employer must be paying out it's collective ass to keep our BCBS of La.  

Edit for spelling
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Tell them your Mexican you will get it free
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]
^In before the smackdown

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top