User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:56:30 AM EDT

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I ain't guilty bout it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#2]
We only liked Journey because girls liked Journey.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
What's wrong with Journey?

They were one of the first bands to get their music in a video game

That alone makes them cool, but one Journey song was forever ruined by The Sopranos

Speed

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Journey - Who's Crying Now

I have no shame
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread is full of gay.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I ain't guilty bout it.  
this

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Dude you want to get into a girls pants take em to a Journey Tribute band. I worked security in a club in Dallas. When Escape played the room was full of hot girls.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude you want to get into a girls pants take em to a Journey Tribute band. I worked security in a club in Dallas. When Escape played the room was full of hot girls.

Oh trust me I know it. When I was in college during Journey's heyday, every time the girls would start swooning over a Journey song being played we would start cracking jokes about Steve Perry being gay and smoking pole. It would piss them off in a hurry.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw them and Foreigner in concert a year or so ago.

I'm sorry, but Foreigner rocked it better than Journey.

They have that new Filipino guy fronting for them. Evidently Journey is deified in the Philippines. So, anyway, he sounds just like Steve Perry, but barely speaks a word of English. At the concert the piano player did all the talking and got the crowd going while the singer just sang. It was kind of weird and probably a reason the nod goes to Foreigner.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#11]
nevermind

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I like this one with the old singer and Joe.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Like em,gay or what not.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Dear Journey,

It has been a few decades since the early eighties and I think it's time I sit down and write you my long overdue thank you letter. I am thankful that a pimply faced skinny hillbilly could go out on what could be a less than stellar date only to find himself saying "Wait! please......just one more song" before said date was about to bail out of the car, sometimes still moving at speeds to produce lifelong foot dragging and road rash that would need cover-up cosmetics whenever leaving the house.  

The one song was always pre-planned in case of an emergency, which was my over abundant sperm count coupled with the usual horniness that comes with it in a late teen package of a man-child. The song would be the usual, "Faithfully", "Open Arms" or something just as appropriate from your vast collection of panty-loosening musical offerings. By slipping that cassette in, meant I'd soon be slipping myself in as your music also had lubricating properties all their own on these girls. By pleading to listen to that "One last song', I avoided many nights of directly driving the date home, only to go home and cower in my closet, flashlight clenched tightly in teeth, furiously masturbating to some of my Dad's old musty smelling playboy magazines.

One can only imagine how much pussy you guys saw and from all I know, as I have not followed your careers, you all may have withered up and died trying to pound the shit out of all the women who threw themselves at you, because even if a guy like me could get so lucky from your music at that point in my life, I doubt you guys ever had a chance for your dicks to even dry off.

Thanks again
your buddy,
Lorax

P.S.- If you guys see Air Supply, could you please pass along these sentiments.....thanks.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not guilty. This summer they put on one of the best, most polished concerts I've seen. Love or hate their music, they are undeniably good musicians. Perry is one of rock's classic voices, Schon is an amazing guitarist, etc. Even the new frontman owns the stage.

This is coming from a guy who has been knocked out in a mosh pit, seen Metallica several tones, and has playlists composed of Killswitch, A7X, Bullet for my Valentine, Megadeth, etc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear Journey,

It has been a few decades since the early eighties and I think it's time I sit down and write you my long overdue thank you letter. I am thankful that a pimply faced skinny hillbilly could go out on what could be a less than stellar date only to find himself saying "Wait! please......just one more song" before said date was about to bail out of the car, sometimes still moving at speeds to produce lifelong foot dragging and road rash that would need cover-up cosmetics whenever leaving the house.  

The one song was always pre-planned in case of an emergency, which was my over abundant sperm count coupled with the usual horniness that comes with it in a late teen package of a man-child. The song would be the usual, "Faithfully", "Open Arms" or something just as appropriate from your vast collection of panty-loosening musical offerings. By slipping that cassette in, meant I'd soon be slipping myself in as your music also had lubricating properties all their own on these girls. By pleading to listen to that "One last song', I avoided many nights of directly driving the date home, only to go home and cower in my closet, flashlight clenched tightly in teeth, furiously masturbating to some of my Dad's old musty smelling playboy magazines.

One can only imagine how much pussy you guys saw and from all I know, as I have not followed your careers, you all may have withered up and died trying to pound the shit out of all the women who threw themselves at you, because even if a guy like me could get so lucky from your music at that point in my life, I doubt you guys ever had a chance for your dicks to even dry off.

Thanks again
your buddy,
Lorax

P.S.- If you guys see Air Supply, could you please pass along these sentiments.....thanks.

CSB      

That's some funny shit right there.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What's wrong with Journey?

They were one of the first bands to get their music in a video game

That alone makes them cool, but one Journey song was forever ruined by The Sopranos

Speed  

It was a time to be alive.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Having seen them at the Cow Palace touring to support Escape in 1982 -  Hell Yea

And give this one a try too.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Bumping

Anyone ever noticew the cover art and the album names told a cohertent story?

In the Beggining

Infinity

Evolution

Departure

Captured

Escape

They sold out at Frontiers
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#20]

that is a metal song...i dont know why journey did that song, but it is a metal song.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Journey made some AWESOME music in their time - period.  For those that can't hear the beauty, I feel for ya.

(the whole band rocked - and Neal Schon is/was absolutely over the top)
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Journey made some AWESOME music in their time - period.  For those that can't hear the beauty, I feel for ya.

(the whole band rocked - and Neal Schon is/was absolutely over the top)

Neal Schon is a great musician. Steve Perry is a great vocalist. Journey was strictly a chick band. We had to like/listen to Journey because our girlfriends liked them. In no way did Journey "rock". Not after Perry took the Mic.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear Journey,

Thanks again
your buddy,
Lorax

CSB      

That's some funny shit right there.

Truth Bro!

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I saw them and Foreigner in concert a year or so ago.

I'm sorry, but Foreigner rocked it better than Journey.

They have that new Filipino guy fronting for them. Evidently Journey is deified in the Philippines. So, anyway, he sounds just like Steve Perry, but barely speaks a word of English. At the concert the piano player did all the talking and got the crowd going while the singer just sang. It was kind of weird and probably a reason the nod goes to Foreigner.

I saw them in Dallas with Foerigner and Foreigner sucked. Journey sounds better live now than they did back in the day.
GF loves the Journey so...we get tickets every time they come through.
Anyone ever see the Broadway Bro Down episode of South Park? A Journey concert is the same principle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top