$150 warehouse

Amazon Product
  • 2,000 Watts Surge/1,400 Watts Continuous
  • 3 HP 4-Stroke Engine
  • Runs 9.5 hours at 50% load

Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:08:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Igloo87] [#2]
20 hrs on the Torch plugs...

The one on our left was broken in on pre-mix...the right one is on straight gas...

Placed the magnetic oil plugs and installed the Denso plugs (gap was right on)...started up on the first pull...

Harbor Freight must of thought about this spark plug thing...they actually had a rubber dough-nut inside the spark plug tool to hold the spark plug as it is being changed...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:35:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cm] [#3]
and another one

sportsman gen2000i generator
sportsman is a brand name that the buffalo corp is giving to their generator
division - buffalo tools are seen at various places.

Description With the Sportsman Series 2000 Watt Inverter Generator, sine-wave power
delivers clean, stable and reliable power, making it safe for use with sensitive electronics. You will no longer have to leave your tablets, computers, and televisions at home.
This generator is great for use at home or on the go with an RV or camper. Fire up Sportsman Series 2000 surge watt generator at football games or while camping and scouting. The 1700 running watt inverter generator can even be used as a portable power source on industrial projects and job sites. Designed with camping and outdoor fun in mind, the Sportsman Inverter Generator is equipped with two 120V AC outlets, and one 12 Volt DC outlet for battery charging.

Specifications
  • 2000 peak surge watts / 1700 rated running watts
  • Run time: 4.5 hours at 50% load
  • Two 120V AC outlets
  • One 12 Volt DC outlet
  • Low oil shutdown, oil capacity: 25 oz., SAE 10W30
  • 1-gallon fuel tank
  • 2.75 HP, 4,500 RPM, 99cc, 4 stroke
  • Recoil start
  • Noise level: 60db with no load
  • EPA approved, Non-CARB compliant
  • Not for sale in California

at samsclub on sale for 5 more days for $294, free ship to samsclub
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/2000w-generator-sine-wave-inverter/prod21372782.ip?xid=hpg:shocking:3:2#

also sold under the name dirtyhands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WyfRKMfwME

also adventure kings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNWqJ5BdPuY

here is a review of the 800w/1000w peak sportsman 1000i generator that was discussed here on arfcom a while back, available for $198
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJ0UIwNyec

the person here says the engine is a chinese scooter company, and been around and so is likely to know what it is doing with engines.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:36:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_AIP] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By itstock:
My Quip-all is in.    I'll be using this for some job sites, the race track, and as a loaner.  

If I have time this weekend, I'll do a side by side with my Honda EU2000i but I am fairly certain that the quip all is QUIETER in eco mode, about the same in normal mode.  This is under no load for both.  I'm impressed with the Quip-all, and hopefully it lasts longer than my one EU2000i that died after 30 hours.  

My initial impressions are that this Quip-all feels just as solid as my Honda, but the engine will tell the truth in the end. I'm fairly certain that I will be purchasing a second one.  VIDEO TO COME

Vertical video warning   This started first pull choke on with barely a pull, I was actually just seeing how much tension there was to start.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnS1YMCCQZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPp5PAJbasE

This is also the same gen as the PowerMate 2000i Portable Inverter Generator, which gets awesome reviews.
View Quote
Ok, I pulled the trigger on this.  I needed a beater genny.  So this one has the duty!
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:55:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Truman_Sparks:

Thank you, sir.
View Quote
would this work on the 3500?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:35:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_AIP] [#6]
That was a weird double tap.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Well i've run mine about another 40 hours. Hasn't missed a beat.

I ran on ECO mode over the weekend running 4 LED shop lights for about 12 hours total. This thing seriously sips fuel.

Think i'm going to change the oil again and back to work she goes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By tinythief:

would this work on the 3500?
View Quote
I have no idea. I have the Predator 2000. Just looking at the threads, they look the same as Briggs & Stratton engine oil fill threads. Might be a common thread for small engines.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
During my brief ownership of the Predator 2000, I noticed in the owner's manual the following statement:

Note: Do not allow the Generator to completely run
out of fuel with devices attached. A Generator’s
output may sharply spike as it runs out of fuel,
causing damage to attached devices.

Is this a problem with all generators, or just the Predator?  If you're never supposed to run any generator out of fuel, how do you know when it needs more, or do you just stop it every two hours and top it off just in case?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GlowInTheDark:
During my brief ownership of the Predator 2000, I noticed in the owner's manual the following statement:

Is this a problem with all generators, or just the Predator?  If you're never supposed to run any generator out of fuel, how do you know when it needs more, or do you just stop it every two hours and top it off just in case?
View Quote
I ran my Tailgator to empty with some box fans attached to break it in. It surged when it was about to run out. The fan speed would increase and decrease as the tank ran empty.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#11]
In 3-4 months, barring anymore big events, these 2000w inverter gensets are going to be under 300$$.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DVCER:
In 3-4 months, barring anymore big events, these 2000w inverter gensets are going to be under 300$.
View Quote
Good... I want another. 
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#13]
In 3-4 months, barring anymore big events, these 2000w inverter gensets are going to be under 300$.
View Quote
The new Harbor Freight catalog increases their "sale" price to $430 after tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Truman_Sparks:

I have no idea. I have the Predator 2000. Just looking at the threads, they look the same as Briggs & Stratton engine oil fill threads. Might be a common thread for small engines.
View Quote
Guess I'll report back when i get it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: danpass] [#16]
I have four 5gal 'civilian' Scepters that I use to store stabilized Rec-90.

Last night I got a 15 gallon HDPE drum, craigslist special, $15 lol

I'm not 100% thrilled with storing 15 gallons in one container since if something goes bad it will ALL go bad so I'm thinking I'll keep the drum empty until the first 'warning' lol.  Then dump two of the 5gal jerry cans into it, then refill those cans with 93 pump, top off drum with one of those, then refill that can.

Use up the drum as necessary.  Sort of an artificial 15 gallon 'surge' capacity when time is available.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:31:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skibane] [#17]
Originally Posted By GlowInTheDark:

View Quote
It's a problem with most generators.

Allowing your generator to run out of fuel with a load connected puts you in the DUMBASS category - It's a great way to ruin something expensive.

A lot of generators have a fuel tank gauge.

Even so, it's never a bad idea to stop a portable* generator every 6 hours or so to check the oil level - at which time you can top off the fuel tank.

*Stationary generators tend to have engines with more oil capacity, so they usually don't need attention as often.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: onealphay2k] [#18]
My Quip-all is in.    I'll be using this for some job sites, the race track, and as a loaner.  

If I have time this weekend, I'll do a side by side with my Honda EU2000i but I am fairly certain that the quip all is QUIETER in eco mode, about the same in normal mode.  This is under no load for both.  I'm impressed with the Quip-all, and hopefully it lasts longer than my one EU2000i that died after 30 hours.  

My initial impressions are that this Quip-all feels just as solid as my Honda, but the engine will tell the truth in the end. I'm fairly certain that I will be purchasing a second one.  VIDEO TO COME

Vertical video warning   This started first pull choke on with barely a pull, I was actually just seeing how much tension there was to start.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnS1YMCCQZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPp5PAJbasE

This is also the same gen as the PowerMate 2000i Portable Inverter Generator, which gets awesome reviews.
View Quote
I also found that Generac sells the exact same model as the Quip-all 2200i.

Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Good... I want another. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Good... I want another. 
Soon as I can get 3 for under 900, I'll buy .
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:The new Harbor Freight catalog increases their "sale" price to $430 after tomorrow.
View Quote
The coupon from last month's catalog for the $399 Predator 2000 is good until 10/31, while the new catalog's $430 coupon is good until 11/30.  There is some overlap, so if you have last month's catalog, the coupon is still good for another month.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:

I looked at the A-I Power.  I'd spend the extra $100 and get the version with the real Yamaha engine ($499 at Costco.com).  Hell, just the Yamaha logo on the side must be worth $100.

In the end, I chickened out having never heard of A-Ipower or being able to find anything about the company.  Preferred Champion's 3 year warranty and lifetime support.
View Quote
I have the a-iPower 12000 and it is quite well made.  At this point I'm on the level that they are trying g to break into the market , particularly through selling through Home Depot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Just about to jump on it, but my current generator was free and only used it 3 times in the past 15 years.
Going to put the $400 toward other prep stuff.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
If the Champions get under $400 I might have to pick up an extra.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm giving up on the HF 2000 one. Tried again this morning. Local store was out so they checked and there wasn't one on all of Long Island.

On- line coupon expires today, so I'll do without.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:

I'm giving up on the HF 2000 one. Tried again this morning. Local store was out so they checked and there wasn't one on all of Long Island.

View Quote
Just get one of the other brands.  I got a Champion 2000 for $469 shipped and no tax.  Worked out to like $30 more than HF.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#26]
How bad is it to run electronics, etc., on a standard generator?

I'd love to get an inverter genny but it's hard to justify the expense.  Plus, these things are going to come down in price.  If these places can run sales for under $300 then the real price should be under $300.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Bones45:

I'd love to get an inverter genny but it's hard to justify the expense.  Plus, these things are going to come down in price.  If these places can run sales for under $300 then the real price should be under $300.
View Quote
I would run them through a UPS to clean up the power.  I would not want to run an expensive computer straight off the generator.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By inzane123:
I would run them through a UPS to clean up the power.  I would not want to run an expensive computer straight off the generator.
View All Quotes

My experience there is that if it is dirty enough the UPS will stay on internal power, so naturally it will discharge in a short while.

Why won’t it switch and charge?  Don’t know.

Maybe a more expensive one will. I have a UPC 600 which only lasts about 8 min for everything. It’s more for keeping the cable modem alive
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I just ordered a second quip-all.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:

View Quote
Get the quip-all.  It's a Powermate/Generac and they all get excellent reviews.  $330 shipped on ebay.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#31]
I just ordered a second quip-all.  
View Quote
I have two Hondas.  I just ordered one of these to try out and am already thinking I want another based on yours and other reviews.

Is 6 generators too many?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Question I haven't seen answered:

Let's say I have two HF Predator 2000s hooked up together with the parallel kit.  I start up the high powered stuff I need to run, example would be an A/C unit, and now that it's running, can one of the two generators be powered down and can you run one-sided on the parallel kit?  I think the HF parallel kit has a twist lock 30A outlet, but the generator itself does not.

Another question:  If you only scored one HF 2000 when it was available, and your buddy has the Costco Yamaha engined version 2000, can you hook those two generators together in parallel?  Assuming the connectors fit, of course.  The HF parallel kit claims it works with Honda generators, which are not the same as the HF Predator.  I read earlier in this thread that you can parallel an HF 3500 with an HF 2000.  Any truth to that?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone have any gas storage advice for apartments? My landlord ok'd the outside storage in a proper flammables cabinet, but those are awfully spendy and are less than stealthy. I thought 10-15gal would be great for intermittent fridge/freezer use during ice storms.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
a garden variety UPS (the kind you buy retail and/or through Amazon/Newegg etc) does not "clean up the power".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply#Technologies

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Powelligator:
Another question:  If you only scored one HF 2000 when it was available, and your buddy has the Costco Yamaha engined version 2000, can you hook those two generators together in parallel?  Assuming the connectors fit, of course.  The HF parallel kit claims it works with Honda generators, which are not the same as the HF Predator.  I read earlier in this thread that you can parallel an HF 3500 with an HF 2000.  Any truth to that?
View Quote
i would never couple two different brand inverter generators -- if the method/voltage level of synchronization etc differs in any material way, you could end up damaging the inverter controllers on BOTH generators.  that would not only be expensive long term but more importantly show-stopping in the short term.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:
i would never couple two different brand inverter generators -- if the method/voltage level of synchronization etc differs in any material way, you could end up damaging the inverter controllers on BOTH generators.  that would not only be expensive long term but more importantly show-stopping in the short term.

ar-jedi
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Powelligator:

ar-jedi
I posted some videos several pages back of people parallelling dissimilar generators.

However, I agree with at-jedi.  I wouldn't do it unless it was some dire emergency.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I went to the local HF today looking for the 3500. No joy.
Didn't see the 2000 boxes either.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MRW] [#38]
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
There's guys on Youtube that have made homemade enclosures.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
Has anybody thought about taking one of the bigger non-inverter "smoke and noise generators" from HF or elsewhere and trying to put a cabinet around it to quiet it down? That could be another good budget option for those DIYers in here. Heck even for the inverter generators a small enclosure might not be a bad idea to keep the elements off the genset.

There seems to be pre-made options out there but they seem ridiculously expensive for what you'd really need to do something on a budget. Even if you didn't have a lot of equipment to fabricate something "nice" I think you should be able to do it with some basic hand tools and a couple trips to Lowes or Home Depot. Just make sure there's enough natural or assisted airflow so it won't heat soak.

Most enclosures could be made for easy assembly so it would store flat somewhere or you could use the enclosure itself to store a smaller generator and genset supplies like cables, adapters, oil, plugs, fire extinguisher, etc. to make a nice self-contained storage option.

People get desperate so in an extended SHTF scenario being able to run quiet is a good thing to stay inconspicuous. In 2011 when we lost power for over a week the last couple nights were horrible as the cheap gensets started flooding the area and my neighborhood sounded like the infield at Talledega 24/7. The noise pollution was getting bad as it started getting hard to rest/concentrate. Telegraphing that you have power and gas will always lure some unsavory or just plain panicking/desperate types too.
There's guys on Youtube that have made homemade enclosures.
We lose power for ~8 hrs or so once a month, usually due to a MVA.

Just finally got our genny sorted, we have a Champion 4000/3500 that I was able to score at Cabelas in the middle of Sandy, as the ancient one my FIL dropped off spun the motor. I would run it on the driveway under one of the truck tailgates for a “shelter”, chained to the truck. And deal with extension cords.

My initial plan was, interlock, 2 HF 3500 inverters paralleled, suncast shed installed permanently in the yard and secured.

Budget dictated a Predator 8750/7000 smoke and noise, but everything else is as planned. $1200 all in, haven’t lost power for a month now...but we can now run just about the whole house when we do

I kept the Champion as a back up. I’ll post pics when I can.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:18:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skibane] [#40]
View Quote
It depends on the generator.

Nowadays, a lot of "standard" non-inverter models have AVI ("Automatic Voltage Regulation") circuits that do a good job of maintaining a constant output voltage as the load varies.

You can identify most AVR models by downloading the owner's manual, and looking for brushes and an "AVR" module on the wiring diagram.

Here's an example:

If there is no wiring diagram included in the owner's manual, look for an "AVR" module and "Brushes" in the parts diagram - If none are shown, it probably doesn't have them.

Note that AVR doesn't regulate the output frequency - That job is still up to the engine itself.

Fortunately, there aren't many loads that require the frequency to be precisely 60 Hz - Most loads really couldn't care less if it's a few Hz either side of 60.

Here's an example of a generator that doesn't have AVR:

For regulating the output voltage, these "brushless" models just use a simple capacitor connected to an excitor winding on the alternator head.

It's a much less sophisticated scheme than AVR, and doesn't do nearly as good a job of regulating output voltage as the load changes.

It also tends to distort the shape of the AC waveform, particularly with small loads.

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking at non-inverter generators, look for a model that has AVR.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By drmgallen:

The one on our left was broken in on pre-mix...the right one is on straight gas...

Placed the magnetic oil plugs and installed the Denso plugs (gap was right on)...started up on the first pull...

Harbor Freight must of thought about this spark plug thing...they actually had a rubber dough-nut inside the spark plug tool to hold the spark plug as it is being changed...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142497/Torch-320243.JPG
View Quote
why the heck would you break in a 4 cycle engine using pre-mix ?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Skibane:

It depends on the generator.

Nowadays, a lot of "standard" non-inverter models have AVI ("Automatic Voltage Regulation") circuits that do a good job of maintaining a constant output voltage as the load varies.

You can identify most AVR models by downloading the owner's manual, and looking for brushes and an "AVR" module on the wiring diagram.

Here's an example:

http://www.skibane.com/AVR_Example.jpg

If there is no wiring diagram included in the owner's manual, look for an "AVR" module and "Brushes" in the parts diagram - If none are shown, it probably doesn't have them.

Note that AVR doesn't regulate the output frequency - That job is still up to the engine itself.

Fortunately, there aren't many loads that require the frequency to be precisely 60 Hz - Most loads really couldn't care less if it's a few Hz either side of 60.

Here's an example of a generator that doesn't have AVR:

http://www.skibane.com/No_AVR_Example.jpg

For regulating the output voltage, these "brushless" models just use a simple capacitor connected to an excitor winding on the alternator head.

It's a much less sophisticated scheme than AVR, and doesn't do nearly as good a job of regulating output voltage as the load changes.

It also tends to distort the shape of the AC waveform, particularly with small loads.

BOTTOM LINE: If you're looking at non-inverter generators, look for a model that has AVR.
View Quote
Thanks for the information, it makes a lot of sense.  Unfortunately it's a harbor freight 4000/3200 and no wiring diagram is in the manual.   I have a couple of UPS's in mind - that seems like the simplest solution for electronics for now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MoparMike:
Anyone have any gas storage advice for apartments? My landlord ok'd the outside storage in a proper flammables cabinet, but those are awfully spendy and are less than stealthy. I thought 10-15gal would be great for intermittent fridge/freezer use during ice storms.
View Quote
Buy once, cry once.

Buy jerry cans. Real NATO jerry cans. Made it Europe.

Friends don't let friends buy Chicom gas cans.

CARB can lick my ass.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:09:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#44]
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:

I have two Hondas.  I just ordered one of these to try out and am already thinking I want another based on yours and other reviews.

Is 6 generators too many?
View Quote
Maybe...

But if you Cericoat or paint 1/2 of them, no...

Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#45]

ar-jedi
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/142497/Torch-320243.JPG

ar-jedi
It was just old gas that I had on hand...and I wanted to empty that gas can to get some fresh, straight gas....
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#46]

It was just old gas that I had on hand...and I wanted to empty that gas can to get some fresh, straight gas....
View Quote
I would have burned that in the lawn mower, not in my generator.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#47]
This is a great thread for both generator newbies and those of us that have been doing this for awhile now.

My setup here includes both a Honda EU2000i I've been running for 10 years now, and a Champion 3500/4000 I got as a back-up/loaner to anyone who needs it.  The survival forum has been instrumental in helping me set myself up in a way that gives me options and redundancy.  

My main issues I face here are ice storms, blizzards, and the occasional microburst or tornado that knocks out overhead wires during nasty conditions with all of the old growth trees we have around here, and alot of the time could be during subzero conditions where lugging out and starting a generator isn't high on my priority list, but heating the house and keeping the sump pump working during fall storms or spring snowmelt are important, as is the food supply and of course, internet and connectivity we all enjoy.  

I simply flip the main and go off grid, and plug my house in from my power inlet box, and I have power to all circuits in the house, but only 120v ac on both P1 and P2.  This gives me a running gas furnace, fridge and a second freezer, LED lighting inside and out, internet/TV or what have you, with enough headroom left over to start the sump pump if need be, with only the little Honda.

Regarding small engines and break-in procedures, I'd like to touch on a couple issues if I may.  Every engine has a different time to change the first oil, whether it's 5 hours, 10 or 20.  There is a reason for this, and those of you who have compression testers know what I mean.  Higher end engines have tighter tolerances and take longer to break in, and cheaper engines are not made the same way, using piston rings and cylinder walls that are not as tightly machined.  Take a brand new engine and compression test it right out of the box.  The piston ring or "rings" if you have a better engine that has 2, will blow about 140-142 psi.  This is the rings and cylinder wall getting to know each other when they are new, with alot of leakage past the rings, lowering the number until the parts "mate" to each other.

Having said that, the small bits of metal dust that get trapped in the oil are actually needed as a light abrasive to better seat the rings to the cylinder.  Once those are removed, the compression will stop increasing, and the break-in stops.  We all want clean oil of course, but leaving the "dirty" oil in the machine will increase compression into the 145-148 psi range, and the engine will be happy from that point forward.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By WarrenClean:

We lose power for ~8 hrs or so once a month, usually due to a MVA.

Just finally got our genny sorted, we have a Champion 4000/3500 that I was able to score at Cabelas in the middle of Sandy, as the ancient one my FIL dropped off spun the motor. I would run it on the driveway under one of the truck tailgates for a “shelter”, chained to the truck. And deal with extension cords.

My initial plan was, interlock, 2 HF 3500 inverters paralleled, suncast shed installed permanently in the yard and secured.

Budget dictated a Predator 8750/7000 smoke and noise, but everything else is as planned. $1200 all in, haven’t lost power for a month now...but we can now run just about the whole house when we do

I kept the Champion as a back up. I’ll post pics when I can.
View Quote
That 8750/7000 is actually a pretty nice unit.
The power isn't as clean as the two 3500s, and it's louder, but you do get 240V that you can't with inverter units.
It has gotten solid reviews and recommendations from Consumer Reports for the past 5 years or so.  I've had mine for 3 years now.
I have the propane kit for it but I haven't installed it yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

Maybe...

But if you Cericoat or paint 1/2 of them, no...

View Quote
LOL, I'm actually toying with the idea of camo paint job for the Quip-Alls...
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:

That is expensive gas to burn in the lawn mower.  It is Chevron Premium mixed with Motul 800 (premium Ester oil).  I run it in my dirt bike...

It probably best to run the straight gas...but I had to burn that gas somewhere... my lawn is very small and it is down to its last few mowings before it goes dormant...
Page / 107
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top