Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use this:
https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/BedBathandBeyond/lf_161828346387585p_imageset?$690$&wid=690&hei=690

I'm thinking of switching to the one that StromBusa posted. Sometimes, I want more than 1 cup and having a full pot would be better than having to make several k-cups. Also, on Christmas morning when people come over, it'd be easier and quicker to make a pot than to have everyone make a single cup.
View Quote

The combo is nice
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
When I worked, we had a drip machine in the office. Now that I'm retired, it's two K-cups on low volume cup with powdered cream and three packs of S&L to keep blood sugar spikes down. My son says my coffee taste sucks. He gave a French press and some premium coffee, but it's too much trouble.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an old Mr. Coffee maker.
Good dark grounds.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Mr. Coffee.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
French Press.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a nice capresso ginder and buy whole beans. Sadly Starbucks are really good.

I then use a presto stainless percolator to brew.  These are still available on Amazon and I love mine.  Pretty sure zero microchips and it's never gonna spy on me.  

With a little real half n half it's easily the best coffee I get.  Not french press good, but almost.

Not so fun fact.  Coffee not passed through a paper filter causes higher cholesterol.  The paper filters to fit a percolator don't work worth a shit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I heat a cup of water in the microwave, and stir in a heaping spoon of Taster's Choice...
I like Taster's Choice in other things, like sprinkled over ice cream, and stirred into chocolate milk.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Mr. Coffee

Tried v60, chemex, aero press, perc, french press.

Mr. Coffee wins out for consistency and convenience. I use a plastic french press when camping.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I used to go through all of that trouble, but realized it made the coffee taste absolutely no different than just grinding it all at once and keeping it in the bag it came in.

I used to believe I was an elitist snob when it came to my coffee, but after seeing some of the money dudes spend on their setups in GD, I definitely am not.
View Quote

To me, it's not any trouble.  When I wake up I measure, grind, put in a filter, pour in the grinds, fill the reservoir and turn it on.  If I think ahead, I get it all setup the night before and set it to auto brew at 6am.  I'm sure pre-ground beans would taste the same but I like the ritual of it all.  To me, manually grinding it with a bur grinder would be too much trouble.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#11]
My Keurig, which is like over 12 years old and still brewing like a beast.

Well, I had it stored away for a couple of years and just broke it out a few months ago and not going back to the whole coffee pot thing...
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread inspired me to bust out my Oxo cold brew system. BRCC Beyond Black steeping.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a nice capresso ginder and buy whole beans. Sadly Starbucks are really good.

I then use a presto stainless percolator to brew.  These are still available on Amazon and I love mine.  Pretty sure zero microchips and it's never gonna spy on me.  

With a little real half n half it's easily the best coffee I get.  Not french press good, but almost.

Not so fun fact.  Coffee not passed through a paper filter causes higher cholesterol.  The paper filters to fit a percolator don't work worth a shit.
View Quote

People don't think it be like it is, but it do...

It's why I switched to first a Chemex, then a pourover that could use a Chemex filter since I had a bunch...then as they ran out, a Melitta single cup/#2 filter pour over because filters were cheaper

Chemex is nice but a pain to clean and fragile. Filters for it are EXPENSIVE...$30 for a box of 100 on Amazon. I can get 6 times that number of filters - 600 filters - from Amazon for $22 for the Melitta!

If you brew 20oz or less coffee (30 grams or less of beans in it) then the #2 Melitta would do fine for you. More than that and you start needing a larger filter/pour over to house it all...

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We could be friends.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mr Coffee from Wally world.

We could be friends.

This, set on strong brew and ready to go get downstairs in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Keurig. I hear people rage about others using what they don't like. Their hate keeps my coffee flavorful.
View Quote

Agreed.   Costco/Green Mountain K-cups.  Variety and very fast -- I drink 4-5 cups per day so I can't be farting around half the day with schmanzy over-wrought machines.  

Perhaps after I'm retired I'll have time to play my own barista.  But not now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Moccamaster.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#17]
At work.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Whatever black coffee I have is good enough for me.

Lately I'll put in some whip cream and caramel syrup and stir it up, tastes bomb but no way healthy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Cheap 12 cup Mr Coffee maker.
Filtered water.
Dunkin’ Medium Roast.
Unbleached coffee filter.  
Coffee Mate Caramel Almond Milk Creamer.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top