User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have never carried a pistol with a light or red dot...

...still alive!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I left the house today with a gun that didn't have a light or RDS.  Luckily, I made it back home safely.  Just 25 rounds of .45 HST, backed-up by a 5 shot J frame and a speed strip.

Uncle Ken would abide.

https://i.imgur.com/w2qdrkM.jpg
View Quote

You wait until you get to be my age, if you live that long, and we'll talk about  "could have died today."   I'm 75
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If I ever feel the need to carry 2 reloads, a backup gun, and a reload for the backup gun I'm just staying home.

Quoted:
If daily life requires that load out, it's time to examine why you live where you live.

View Quote

this
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#4]
You weren’t target focused enough. I wouldn’t shoot up a Kia with that antique. Not enough pow pows in da caboose…
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:59:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don’t rate areas.  Crime happens everywhere.  Including right outside your quit neighborhood door.  It doesn’t even need to be crime,  it could be your neighbors pit bulls, coyotes, mountain lion, bear, deer, etc.

I always carry about 30 rounds on me and a backup gun.  Dbl stacks I’ll carry 1 spare mag.  Single stacks usually two.  My airweight J frame rides in a cross draw holster for easy access when driving.  Or I can hand it to my wife as needed.  Or use as a NY Reload.

Honestly, I’ve been carrying a ton of gear everyday for over 30 years.  Including when I was still on the job.  Doesn’t bother me a bit.  But I understand that guy that just wants to carry a J frame or LCP in a pocket.  That’s his choice.  You do you as they say.  No judgement on my end.  A gun is better than no gun.  I just prefer a bigger loadout.  And even at home, I have a G43X on me or next to me.

Paranoid or prepared?  We all have to make our own choices on that question.

And sometimes it’s a Glock with RDS and light or my Staccato C2 with RDS.  Being a gun guy, I love variety.  That’s why I was packing a 1911 today.
View Quote

Thanks for the explanation. I apologize if I came off as offensive.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the explanation. I apologize if I came off as offensive.
View Quote

No worries.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I am glad you are ok. I carry a CZ PCR 75 with Iron sights, and a NAA 22 Magnum in my pocket as a BUG. And a spare magazine. I made it home safe as well. Stay frosty.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]
25 .45 rounds? WOW! Is that like 5 magazines for 1911?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Please tell me what that is from!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Please tell me what that is from!!!

Worst Dead Scene Ever ! Original video
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
25 .45 rounds? WOW! Is that like 5 magazines for 1911?
View Quote

Let's do some math.  8+1 in the gun.  2 - 8 round mags for reload. = 25 rounds

vs. standard double stack 9mm.  15+1 in the gun.  1 - 15 round reload = 31 rounds
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Once or twice I managed to walk out of the house without my micro 9.

Had to pull my spare gun out of my EDC bag and make due with carrying a small revolver. I never felt such shame.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Each .45acp is worth two 9mm, so maybe they're hung up on you having the equivalent of 50 9mm rounds.
View Quote

Sounds like it.  I guess everyone is just rocking a 5 shot J & maybe a speed strip these days?  So I'm confused why everyone got mad when Uncle Ken told them they didn't need lights or RDS's on their carry guns.  Sounds like no one is carry that stuff anyway?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Each .45acp is worth two 9mm, so maybe they're hung up on you having the equivalent of 50 9mm rounds.
View Quote

You are wrong and I can prove it to you mathematically.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been at work four days and we are not allowed to carry.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well technically, we all could have died today.
View Quote

the day is not over yet.....
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Worse.  Walmart.  You never know.
View Quote

Did you have mesh shorts on and flip flips?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This thing barely has irons..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108158/DSCN6037_JPG-2602296.jpg

I'm still here..
View Quote

You could fashion some out of all those skin flakes.....
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You could fashion some out of all those skin flakes.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Holy shit! Sarahplainandtall killed The White Pill!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You are wrong and I can prove it to you mathematically.
View Quote

9mm: 115gr
.45ACP: 230gr

115x2=230
9mm simps BTFO TWO WORLD WARS BABY
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You wait until you get to be my age, if you live that long, and we'll talk about  "could have died today."   I'm 75
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I left the house today with a gun that didn't have a light or RDS.  Luckily, I made it back home safely.  Just 25 rounds of .45 HST, backed-up by a 5 shot J frame and a speed strip.

Uncle Ken would abide.

https://i.imgur.com/w2qdrkM.jpg

I'm right behind you.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#24]
At least it wasn't a revolver.

Any serious shooter knows they won't work anymore.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I thought the exact same thing when I read the title.

Quoted:
If I ever feel the need to carry 2 reloads, a backup gun, and a reload for the backup gun I’m just staying home.
A friend of mine had the exact conversation with his wife once. His wife asked him to go to the store with her and he said ok, let me get my gun and wallet. She was like "Do you really need a gun to go to Walmart?" He responded "If I thought I needed a gun to go to Walmart then I wouldn't go to Walmart!" Classic lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Boomer thread!

I actually see a lot of guys carrying 1911s around me. A lot of old guys with zero fucks to give open carry.

I'm about to go out myself but will be rocking my Shield + with 30 rounds of 124 grain Gold Dots.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Boomer thread!

I actually see a lot of guys carrying 1911s around me. A lot of old guys with zero fucks to give open carry.

I'm about to go out myself but will be rocking my Shield + with 30 rounds of 124 grain Gold Dots.
View Quote

And I'm not even a boomer yet.  Just a full time "gun guy".
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boomer thread!

I'd actually add a 1911 to my carry rotation if I had a real one. I currently have three but all three are cheap. Ones a Taurus, one is a RIA in 10mm and one is a PSA frame with a RIA slide that has a hammer follow issue I don't know how to fix.

One day I'll buy a nice 1911.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'd actually add a 1911 to my carry rotation if I had a real one. I currently have three but all three are cheap. Ones a Taurus, one is a RIA in 10mm and one is a PSA frame with a RIA slide that has a hammer follow issue I don't know how to fix.

One day I'll buy a nice 1911.
View Quote

I'm kind of the same way.  My bottom for quality to carry is Colt or SA. I'm sure some of the others are fine, but "hey, I'm rocking my Tisas today", just doesn't appeal to the Nostalgia feel of carry a 1911.  My single stack carry 1911's are all Colt's.  I've also got a Stacatto C2 when I want to go modern 2011.  I did just pick-up a Les Baer Commander I'm still breaking in.  It will eventually get carried.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ok. I understand that viewpoint. I’m coming from the angle of “In what scenario would it be necessary to reload my primary twice and then still need to transition to my back up? What are the odds of that scenario occurring? Do I need to augment with an ifak perhaps in case the scenario does occurs? etc.
View Quote

At that point....don't go or carry a friggin rifle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#32]
If you were honest, you’d tell us you didn’t need the J frame. Or the extra mags. Or even a pistol at all.

Attachment Attached File

In all seriousness, I’d feel okay with that for errands. Couple ten rounders and some speed strips. Nice little handheld light.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top