User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold a junkyard a mercury sable with a blown motor  for $1200.  Towed it from my house.  I went to the junkyard a week later and said Sable was sitting in front of their office.  Out of curiosity, I asked what the scoop was on that Sable.  He said the heater’s bad on it.  We’re letting it go for $2600.  U interested?  Nope.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sold a junkyard a mercury sable with a blown motor  for $1200.  Towed it from my house.  I went to the junkyard a week later and said Sable was sitting in front of their office.  Out of curiosity, I asked what the scoop was on that Sable.  He said the heater’s bad on it.  We’re letting it go for $2600.  U interested?  Nope.
View Quote

Curious. Define your “blown motor” diagnosis. Was it running when you had it towed over there?
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I sold an explorer with hole in the block on eBay for good money, but that's been 20 years. LKQ picked up an old Xterra with a bad trans a few years ago and handed me a check for $800. I'd try them first if you have one nearby.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know craigslist sounds like a pain in the ass, but I've sold a truck and a camper on there, both of them were gone to the first person to respond to the add in less than 24 hours after I posted it.

Post good pictures, and list "mechanics special" because some people search for cars that need repairs they can do.
View Quote

I've only ever sold one vehicle with a blown motor but it was gone in under 24 hours as well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I've used this place twice with great success.

https://www.peddle.com/

They do the leg work of finding a local place that will take your car.

I got $800 for a F150 that ran great but was being held together with rust.
And I got $300 for a Saturn with a blown engine.  
Local places came and picked up the vehicles.  Couldn't have been easier.

One place paid with a check.  The guy paying $300 paid in $100 bills.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@midcap

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top