Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is the sound a 6 cell maglite makes when it hits a hippie head banned?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just going to nip this in the bud. He means tonk, not tranny.

Same but illegals not hippies
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The entire reason I joined Arfcom was because I got tired of high-roading bullshit from another forum (whose name I'm sure you can guess) and understood that I would be fine if I said a littany of words like "fuck," "shit," "dick," or "tranny". So I can't say that word, because someone at ARFHQ is afraid that those freaks will feel unwelcome here? Or are we all freaking out over nothing and we can still make fun of the schizoid loons with the "slurs" we want?
View Quote

Removed

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The entire reason I joined Arfcom was because I got tired of high-roading bullshit from another forum (whose name I'm sure you can guess) and understood that I would be fine if I said a littany of words like "fuck," "shit," "dick," or "tranny". So I can't say that word, because someone at ARFHQ is afraid that those freaks will feel unwelcome here? Or are we all freaking out over nothing and we can still make fun of the schizoid loons with the "slurs" we want?
View Quote

Did you miss the last 2 days
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

tha fuck is a tonk?
View Quote

A Danish Twink.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you say HONKY???
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

All of DU needs join the site then spam site staff about all the stuff that needs to change.

View Quote

I think they already have.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. I was just under the impression that the new enforcement shit extended to racism and didn't go any farther. I was like "okay, if I can still make fun of trannies and the like, then I can play ball with this new shit." Point is, if Arfcom is going full-woke, then I can't play ball with that. I really hope it's not coming to that, though maybe we're all overreacting. Idk
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh, I remember that being an old issue when I first joined here. Dudes really hate flashlight noises for some reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I remember that being an old issue when I first joined here. Dudes really hate flashlight noises for some reason.

"People hating flashlight noises" wasn't the issue.

Using the word as a derogatory name for an entire group of people was the issue.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No. I was just under the impression that the new enforcement shit extended to racism and didn't go any farther. I was like "okay, if I can still make fun of trannies and the like, then I can play ball with this new shit." Point is, if Arfcom is going full-woke, then I can't play ball with that. I really hope it's not coming to that, though maybe we're all overreacting. Idk
View Quote

Yeah it's just race. People saying it includes trans or groomers are wrong.

So far anyway.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The noise wasn't the issue.

Using the word as a derogatory name for an entire group of people was the issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The noise wasn't the issue.

In that case, rather insensitive of Border Patrol to come up with the acronym ? If indeed they did.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

tha fuck is a tonk?
View Quote

It was big on here about 15 years ago. I believe it is the sound a mag lite flashlight makes when hitting an illegal over the head. My memory may be hazy someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Please read.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are not pure of thought, all your words are off-limits.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In that case, rather insensitive of Border Patrol to come up with the acronym ? If indeed they did.
View Quote

What acronym.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As I remember they were six cells with one replaced with washers for better tonal quality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It refers to the sound a five cell Maglite makes when a LEO hits a member of a certain ethnic group.
I remember 2, 3, 4 & 6 cell magnates in both C & D.  They really had a 5-cell?  Did they all have the tonk sound?  If not, what was the best tonk?

As I remember they were six cells with one replaced with washers for better tonal quality.

So same as an AR9.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've never heard of a Tonk.
View Quote
Tonka maybe

so can I no longer post a pic of a tonka truck?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#17]
So if a dude dressed up like a woman and gets shot is he leaking tranny fluid or bleeding
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Which T-word?

The one that ryhmes with "toon"? Or the one that rhymes with "granny?" (or both) Or is it just the one that is an onomatopoeia for the sound a certain obsolete style of flash light made when it was used in the manner that got them taken out of service?

No seriously, I don't know. I've thought a lot about how it must be hard to be a soy latte sipping PC cuck boi because there's no way I could ever possibly muster the mental energy to keep up with the list of things you can't say anymore, or what the current thing is you have to support. I would get cancelled even if I tried to be one of them.

So, again, I actually don't know, and I probably know more about "offensive" slurs, code words, jokes, and in general memes than anyone on site staff. There are a few oldies (but goodies!) I don't know because they were before my time and I haven't hung out with enough...people born before 1965...to learn them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What acronym.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What acronym.

Territory of Origin Not Known

Apparently in use by border patrol but I do not know if unofficial slang or not.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the thing. It's not new. It was just an incredibly poorly communicated reminder of existing rules and standards. It was not the standard, which existed before, but the incredibly poorly communicated reminder that caused all the uproar. Not racism. Not rules.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Which T-word?

The one that ryhmes with "toon"? Or the one that rhymes with "granny?" (or both) Or is it just the one that is an onomatopoeia for the sound a certain obsolete style of flash light made when it was used in the manner that got them taken out of service?

No seriously, I don't know. I've thought a lot about how it must be hard to be a soy latte sipping PC cuck boi because there's no way I could ever possibly muster the mental energy to keep up with the list of things you can't say anymore, or what the current thing is you have to support. I would get cancelled even if I tried to be one of them.

So, again, I actually don't know, and I probably know more about "offensive" slurs, code words, jokes, and in general memes than anyone on site staff. There are a few oldies (but goodies!) I don't know because they were before my time and I haven't hung out with enough...people born before 1965...to learn them.
View Quote

The onomatopoeia.

It really was as bad as it sounds.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#22]

You tell it’s from Canada if it says “ honk ehh?”
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#23]

You tell it’s from Canada if it says “ honk ehh?”
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Mods will be along shortly to lock this thread too. Can’t have you discussing things on a discussion board. That’s not what we do here. We only discuss things that are approve of being discussed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

All of DU needs join the site then spam site staff about all the stuff that needs to change.

View Quote

I wish Alexa rankings were still around. Based on traffic numbers, it was always pretty clear that DU is just a boogyman that lives nearly rent free in the heads of GD. Arfcom gets more traffic from people posting about their autism clone hobby than DU's whole ass site. Hell, there have probably been individual threads about DU that got more traffic than DU got the same day, as a site.

(It's kinda funny)
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Apparently in use by border patrol but I do not know if unofficial slang or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What acronym.

I thought those were OTMs?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I want to know the true definition of the word "Tonk" so that I can use it correctly.

If it's used to mean "Sick tranny who grooms children " it's not coarse enough. But then, when discussing these subhuman pieces of evil, sick shit I don't know what word or acronym would work.

I guess if it's used to describe the sound of a 6 cell Maglite smacking one of the aforementioned pieces of shit then I can live with that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mods will be along shortly to lock this thread too. Can’t have you discussing things on a discussion board. That’s not what we do here. We only discuss things that are approve of being discussed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmm.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#30]
This site is going to join the Dido Bird. Can we type Dodo Bird or is that word forbidden too? We need a banned word list from the word police.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Moderation is in the eye of the moderator.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#33]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is all getting out of hand- very 1984ish.  
View Quote

“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.”  -1984
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I remember the good old days when “bread” and MARPAT could get you banned ….
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Because, before you were a member, GD learned a new term and went full 'tard on it's use, as GD tends to do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why can't we say Tonk? What is derogatory about it? Can we not Tonk our horns any longer?
Because, before you were a member, GD learned a new term and went full 'tard on it's use, as GD tends to do.

To be fair AzHF was already full ‘yard.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

“It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.”  -1984
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is all getting out of hand- very 1984ish.  

Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia - 1984
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why can't we say Tonk? What is derogatory about it? Can we not Tonk our horns any longer?
View Quote

Not until you Toot the Flute in the Turtleneck Sweater.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I mean, just posting pics of a bikini will get you in trouble.  This site really isn't free at all, one of the reasons I will never again pay for a membership.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Based on recent events here, I am guessing they hold several moderator positions…
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#44]
What a joke
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#45]
SO! In my book if you aren't against all of this Pedo stuff you are for it. So is ARF.com a place now that permits this behavior?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It offended the sensibilities of some of the important people on this site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It offended the sensibilities of some of the important people on this site.

I bet I know who
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did. Tf?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#48]
A Tonk was a very cheap piano.  Blacks called whites honkeys and a honkey tonk was a cheap bar that would be a place that might have one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I did. Tf?
View Quote

I don't think I'm smart enough to explain the situation we are currently in.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So far anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far anyway.

It will never stop, just like in the real world once people start banning things it never stops, ARF will be no different.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top