Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have defied the norm and asked to see the manager.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I went through this 4 or 5 years ago and IIRC reached out the wisdom of the hive. Ultimately I think you'll discover your state probably has a statute authorizing them to temporarily detain you with some restrictions. So forcibly. I was kind of surprised at it, and ended up declining the case I had been looking into.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish my life was this exciting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sooooo why didn't you just show him the reciept??
View Quote

Obviously because the pressure washer on the bottom rack of the cart wasn’t on it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I now understand all the anti-popo threads in GD. Most GDers can't waste 5 seconds to show some poor chap a receipt much less being involved in a 5 minute traffic stop for actually breaking a law.

Put that shopping cart in the corral...citizen!
View Quote

I'll bet you wear your mask with pride too, don't you?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#6]
so if you actually ARE afraid of covid then I disregard what I'm gonna say.  But if you are not, then I missed the part where you realize "damn, this guy is just doing his job, no skin off my back to stand here for another 1.75 seconds and show him my receipt".
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lol
GD- I hate Walmart, they take everything from small business owners, they support everything that represents the undermining of America
Also GD- Someone has a credible claim against a Walmart employee violating the law and their own policies, anyone who tries to handle the situation in the only manner in which they pay attention is a sack of shit.
View Quote

As if your motive is totally pure here.  It's all about righting serious wrongs.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Just show him the receipt dude.

Of all the places to stand up and defy tyranny you choose friggen walmart?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
OMG! Are you going to be okay?!
You were being a dick and hands were laid upon thee.
Them you come here to cry about it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did you blade at 45?
View Quote

FPNI at maximum.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The only thing he did against company policy was follow you into the parking lot.
Only loss prevention or a salaried member of management can apprehend a shoplifting suspect. All stops follow 3 very strict rules.
You screwed up by pushing past. If this happens again, stop walking and ask for management. When they investigate and find out it was a bad stop, he's out of a job. Since you kept walking, you can't prove you didn't take any merchandise out of the store. He'll get a warning, and keep his job.

Scenario 2
He was just a door greeter, who is not allowed to do any more than ask for your receipt. If you ignore and keep walking he cannot touch you or pursue. Sometimes they hire mentally challenged folks for the door, or for doing cleaning services. They sometimes get aggressive about doing their job. They do get fired when they exceed the limits of simply asking for a receipt.

BTW, loss prevention does not wear a vest or any identifying clothes. Next time, if they are in a vest, read their name tag. If they are management it will say it. Then ask for the store manager.

There are multiple camera angles in all doorways. Including in the door frame itself. If they have the newer camera system, they can literally read a text on your cellphone from a ceiling camera that they can follow you with. If you feel you were assaulted, they will only release video to law enforcement. So file a report.
At this point, you don't have much of a case. Since you didn't stop.

HTH
View Quote

@Garanditis
I appreciate your point of view. At the time I was just trying to leave as I had to get to work and I didn’t want the situation to escalate where I was the one in trouble.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Are your people going to riot and burn the place down?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went through this 4 or 5 years ago and IIRC reached out the wisdom of the hive. Ultimately I think you'll discover your state probably has a statute authorizing them to temporarily detain you with some restrictions. So forcibly. I was kind of surprised at it, and ended up declining the case I had been looking into.
View Quote

@LawyerUp

I appreciate your insight. I’ve enjoyed reading your posts over the years and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and give your opinion.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did you blade at 45?
View Quote

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity, Arfcom and God.

I can enjoy my weekend now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Just show them the receipt. You knew before you went in they randomly check receipts.  You knew they check it against
two or three random items in your cart.  I doubt this was your first time shopping at a Walmart.  I’m not saying anyone should grab you,
but it’s not like your civil rights are stripped away by taking 5 seconds to let the employee do their job.  If you don’t like the process,
you can spend your money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#16]
You should have pulled your mask down, licked your receipt, and stick it to the greeter's forehead while saying can you read it now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Where's the MS Paint diagram? We're gonna need a Paint diagram
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Call the manager and complain.   Threaten to contact your attorney about battery.  You can actually  bring a  case  (and settle out of court).
View Quote

Stores get sued all the time for that bullshit.

I'm normally against running into court, but in this case it might be appropriate in order to send a message.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think technically that was battery, but whatever, it's your story.
View Quote

Kidnapping too maybe / depending on the state, if his freedom of movement was limited / changed.

Edit:  I didn't read the whole story so I have no idea if the employee detained him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Report him to the manager for assault.  Call the cops.  Press charges.  The employee is obviously a racist.  Fuck Walmart.  Assert dominance.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Assaulted?  Quit being a crybaby lol.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#23]
If you can't outmaneuver a Walmart door greeter, what are your chances in the boogadoo?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OP.  Did you shout at the top of your lungs "You will not disarm me"!

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Massive adrenaline dump.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#27]
What did you expect?  It is WALMART.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I said he touched me on the shoulder once.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#29]
MS Paint or go home

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did massive dump of adrenaline occur?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#31]
OP, did WM employees nutsack touch any part of your skin? This is important for sexual assualt.

You missed the opportunity to introduce your fist to WM door mans face when he went hands-on. Remember it next time you're telling the story.

And finally, listen to all these Americans....fuck WM, and shop Amazon instead. More more patriotic.

And start a FB account, you know, to battle the enemy from the inside.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol
GD- I hate Walmart, they take everything from small business owners, they support everything that represents the undermining of America
Also GD- Someone has a credible claim against a Walmart employee violating the law and their own policies, anyone who tries to handle the situation in the only manner in which they pay attention is a sack of shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The absolute worst malicious, amoral, bottom-feeding, scum-sucking, ambulance-chasing sacks of shit who set new records for litigiousness.  Even some of them might turn you down.

Lol
GD - Thieves suck.  Should be legal to shoot on sight.

-Retailer attempts to reduce thievery.-

GD - Fuck them. Lawyer up. Muh rights!!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Thievery is a big problem for stores like that.

OP, why didn't you just stop and let him look at your receipt?

Would that have been such an affront to your manhood?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#34]
1. How is it you aren't a 2020 account?
2. No MSpaint
3. My Walmart doesn't check receipts during covid.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#35]
OP stands up for his rights and he’s the dick.  OP says no to being detained and he’s the dick.  OP says no to being manhandled and he’s the dick.  Thats a seriously statist slippery slope right here.  Pick up that can citizen!  Show me your papers citizen!  And he’s the dick?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:07:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OP stands up for his rights and he’s the dick.  OP says no to being detained and he’s the dick.  OP says no to being manhandled and he’s the dick.  Thats a seriously statist slippery slope right here.  Pick up that can citizen!  Show me your papers citizen!  And he’s the dick?
View Quote

His rights?  What rights does he have in a private business?  And he didn't say no to being detained or "manhandled" with a hand on the arm.  It happened and then he came here and poured his heart out about it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Should have yelled “that’s my purse!” And kicked him in the nuts..
View Quote
Bobby Hill.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bobby Hill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bobby Hill.

"I DON'T KNOW YOU!!!"
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you for seeing things the way I do.
I guess I should do my best to frequent DUI checkpoints to get to know the local officers better since I have nothing hide.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't shop there, life is hard when your a tard.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Idonbeleiveyou. I worked at Wal-Mart, there is constant stupid training that is unavoidable. They aren't allowed to touch or even try to stop theives. Two security people got fired while I was working for trying to stop people.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I believe one would have to be able to articulate probable cause.  Absent of that, one would be cutting a check.

If I pay for shit and have a receipt, I should probably not be fucked with.    Some people just give off a "fuck with me" vibe, and I bet OP had a seeing-eye-cat on a leash.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

His rights?  What rights does he have in a private business?  And he didn't say no to being detained or "manhandled" with a hand on the arm.  It happened and then he came here and poured his heart out about it.
View Quote

You’re right. I should’ve known that I forfeited my rights when I walked through the door of a private establishment. I also should’ve known that the store policy of social distancing is only if a store employee declares it no longer relevant and they want to touch you. How could I have not seen the error of my ways.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Idonbeleiveyou. I worked at Wal-Mart, there is constant stupid training that is unavoidable. They aren't allowed to touch or even try to stop theives. Two security people got fired while I was working for trying to stop people.
View Quote

Yea I was quite surprised too. I’ve seen people openly steal things and employees not take action. So for one to attempt to forcibly stop me when I had just walked out of the checkout area (he could not see from where he was that I had not just checked out) caught me off guard.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Did you blade at 45?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In all seriousness, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to reach out to the Walmart manger.

That employee needs training.  He is opening up Walmart to litigation, and himself up to litigation, possible criminal charges, and even physical harm (there's a world of crazy fuckers out there).
View Quote

Where the hell is the Walmart manger?

Wait...

...please tell me the baby Jesus was not born in a Walmart manger!

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Macho man being a DICK.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Fuck the manager, call the cops and file charges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call the manager and complain.   Threaten to contact your attorney about battery.  You can actually  bring a  case  (and settle out of court).

Fuck the manager, call the cops and file charges.

Sure, why not?

Black Eyed Peas - Let’s Get Retarded (Dirty Official Video)
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top