Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well now I know you’re not Italian.
View Quote

Hah! Its Italian! Whats the cheapest food one can get? Pizzas, hotpockets, SPA-ghhhhhhhhheeeeeetttiii?
Its really hard to fuck up Italian imo. The majority of it is cheap decent food!
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you do, fellow Italian food enthusiasts?
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
In before: "PaStA ChEaP! CoUlD MaKE AlL ThAt FoR $4 At HoMe!"?
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hah! Its Italian! Whats the cheapest food one can get? Pizzas, hotpockets, SPA-ghhhhhhhhheeeeeetttiii?
Its really hard to fuck up Italian imo. The majority of it is cheap decent food!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well now I know you’re not Italian.

hotpockets eh?  developed in the bowels of the Coliseum?
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Olive Garden sucks. I fly to Italy when I want Italian food. That, or I send one of my servants there to pick it up and bring it back. I would even accept you flying in a chef from Italy to prepare it in your home, but Olive Garden? Come on, OP.
View Quote

Funny you say that.  Not all "real Italian" restaurants in Italy are good.  I went to the restaurant just outside the Vatican (on the left next to the taxi stand - yes, people who have been there will know) and it was terrible. I had spaghetti.  If only they had opened a can of SpaghettiOs, it would have been far better.  I stayed at a bed and breakfast near the Vatican on the same trip.  I almost vomited when I took a bite of sausage - spoiled beyond belief.  Yeah, real Italian food ain't what I expected.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Funny you say that.  Not all "real Italian" restaurants in Italy are good.  I went to the restaurant just outside the Vatican (on the left next to the taxi stand - yes, people who have been there will know) and it was terrible. I had spaghetti.  If only they had opened a can of SpaghettiOs, it would have been far better.  I stayed at a bed and breakfast near the Vatican on the same trip.  I almost vomited when I took a bite of sausage - spoiled beyond belief.  Yeah, real Italian food ain't what I expected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Olive Garden sucks. I fly to Italy when I want Italian food. That, or I send one of my servants there to pick it up and bring it back. I would even accept you flying in a chef from Italy to prepare it in your home, but Olive Garden? Come on, OP.

I know a guy that hated the Italian food he had in Italy... once.

The next meal he found a small restaurant that did meat and cheese platters and apparently it was heaven on earth. His new wife agreed so the next 4 days they only ate meat and cheese platters from various places and loved it so much they want to return just to eat meat and cheese platters.

I'm not joking
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The next meal he found a small restaurant that did meat and cheese platters and apparently it was heaven on earth. His new wife agreed so the next 4 days they only ate meat and cheese platters from various places and loved it so much they want to return just to eat meat and cheese platters.

I'm not joking
View Quote

Thanks for the tip. If we go back, we'll try that approach.

Here's a tip for anybody visiting the Vatican: That taxi stand I mentioned - make sure you pick a taxi that is legit, marked with a company logo, etc.  We fucked up and got into some Mario Andretti wanna-be's personal car and got the craziest ride through Rome ever - I mean like blowing every stop sign, going absolutely berserk.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I haven’t eaten there in probably 4 years. The times I’ve been there I got exactly what I was expecting to get. Maybe my expectations are low.

That being said no one with a room temperature IQ goes there to eat thinking it’s authentic. It’s cheap corporate Italian-American food. I don’t go to Little Caesar’s expecting a wood fired  neapolitan pizza either.
View Quote

Little Ceasars is better than Lombardi's in NYC
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Why is the table not level?
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I haven't been in years. Banned from the one nearest me... On a warm day, I forgot my suit jacket when going for a luncheon.

I miss the authentic breadsticks and other cuisine, but I'm conflicted since it's nice to know that some restaurants have standards these days!
View Quote

How did you get banned from olive garden??

Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:04:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is that a big frigging buzzard in the bushes outside?!
View Quote

Soon.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#12]
If they don’t have the beef tip tortilini back I’m not going.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:23:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Here's a tip for anybody visiting the Vatican: That taxi stand I mentioned - make sure you pick a taxi that is legit, marked with a company logo, etc.  We fucked up and got into some Mario Andretti wanna-be's personal car and got the craziest ride through Rome ever - I mean like blowing every stop sign, going absolutely berserk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not joking

We had the same experience in Milan leaving the train station for the hotel.  It was a wild ride!

Oh yeah my wife and I did not like most of the Italian food we had in Italy either. But the stuff I had in Paris was fantastic.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:26:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

That explains FJB’s little accident at the Vatican.  Too much spoiled real Italian food.  Not enough authentic Olive Garden.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Love me some zuppa Toscana soup. It's like crack.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Never had a bad reaction and I enjoy the food at Olive garden.  There, I said it.                                                                                                                                                            

For really excellent but pricey Italian food in KC, try Cascone's.  It's north of the river.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:49:43 AM EDT
[#17]
i can't fuck with olive garden anymore because the valet scraped my altima's fender
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The McDonalds of Italian food.

View Quote

Yes, enjoy your overpriced microwaved "Italian" meal...

The only thing left good is the salad and bread sticks.

Years ago it wasn't too bad, but as of the past few years

If I had to pick between them or Carrabba's it's Carrabba's
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If Fazoli's only had beer, it would be a far better choice.  

You just order a sandwich at Fazoli's, and eat a little bit of it while getting as many free breadsticks down as possible, then take the rest of the sandwitch and as many breadsticks as you can home.  

View Quote

Umm... Fazoli's

There was one in Columbus, GA that was the bomb!!!

Since then I've stopped like twice at one on my way through Tennessee, but meh, not as good as it used to be

I think they are opening up one north of me, I might make the drive just to check it out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I can hear the OP's voice. "Dis Eyetalian' food is the best in the county. Oh Lord." JK JK. Olive Garden is alright for what it is. I like the Tour of Italy and their peach ice tea. There isn't any Olive Gardens close by. There is an excellent Italian restaurant 4 mins away from my place. Excellent Veal or chicken parmigiana with ravioli and garlic bread.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 1:14:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Commander of the tender tummy brigade over here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I drove by an Olive Garden on Monday. The bloody diarrhea just stopped, and I am thankful for a heated bidet.

I don’t know how people actually eat there when the smell is enough for intestinal eruptions

Commander of the tender tummy brigade over here

Came here to post this.   Half of Arfcom has the intestinal tract of a preemie baby.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 2:27:31 AM EDT
[#22]
OP sucks. It's 130 am, and now I want olive garden salad and bread sticks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:03:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OP sucks. It's 130 am, and now I want olive garden salad and bread sticks.
View Quote

I could go for some zuppa Toscana soup right about meow.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:09:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:14:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is that a big frigging buzzard in the bushes outside?!
View Quote

Probably a trash plastic grocery bag
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Damn you, OP!!!

Now I'm going to have to go for a Tour of Italy and toasted ravioli today.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Damn you, OP!!!

https://68.media.tumblr.com/541f506dc69eb13aad533f3ac507070f/tumblr_nn8f35EeSd1te1zvoo1_500.gif

Now I'm going to have to go for a Tour of Italy and toasted ravioli today.
View Quote

When you're here you're here
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#30]
If you're going to a chain at least make it a Carrabba's.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have been all over Italy and while we make fun of Olive Garden, I have had better Italian food at Olive Garden than many places in Italy. That being said, like most places I assume, the best places are the ones that are well away from many of tourist areas. I ran across a fantastic restaurant in Rome when I got lost there years ago. There were no tourists at it and no multi-language menu. It was all nicely dressed business people, not a single fat one too. It wasn't expensive. The food was amazing. Additionally, many of the best meals I had anywhere I traveled were the random mom & pop type places just off the road. I had some amazing Italian food in Ireland too. One restaurant was oddly enough run by some American hippies that grew everything they cooked on their farm. They learned their cooking styles in Italy and ended up in Ireland, go figure. Oh man. Now I am hungry.
View Quote

Copypasta? If not, it should be.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
i can't fuck with olive garden anymore because the valet scraped my altima's fender
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

You should switch to Maggiano’s. They even have a revolving door!
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Tour of Italy and gorging on the salad and bread sticks is my GO-TO.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#35]
The engrish attempt at subtitles was funnier than the video.

Link Posted: 11/6/2021 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#37]

I’d make the baker so happy he’d get me a ring after I was done
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Conan Takes Jordan Schlansky To His Favorite Italian Restaurant | CONAN on TBS
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#39]
I feel like I'm on 4chan.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm not joking
View Quote
Smoky salty Parma ham and ripe cantaloupe is best Italian.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#41]
This thread has me cracking up like a retard
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This thread has me cracking up like a retard
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Best... doggie bag... ever!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the Bologna and Hot Dog Alfredo.  It's not on the menu, but damn, it is the best thing they make.  Ask for it, it is on the "secret menu."  

https://secretmenus.com/olive-garden/secret-menu/

They do have a secret menu
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get the Bologna and Hot Dog Alfredo.  It's not on the menu, but damn, it is the best thing they make.  Ask for it, it is on the "secret menu."  

Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Yes
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Is there anybody that makes a great Fried BEEF ONLY Ravioli? It can have sawseege too

No cheese of any kind, though. (Lactose intolerant)
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top