Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:48:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

What was the cop's justification for ordering the "kids" to do stuff for him?

That cop caused all the problems from the get go.  Created what, three more kids that probably now at the very least distrust cops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Honestly have no sympathy for anyone in this video.  They are all assholes.

That cop caused all the problems from the get go.  Created what, three more kids that probably now at the very least distrust cops.

Listen if you can't comprehend the whole ALL in my statement, I can't help you.  This interaction would never have occurred if the kids weren't acting like idiots and racing down a neighborhood street.  As someone already point out, they've likely been doing this for awhile and neighbor finally got tired of that shit.
So pro tip, stop acting like a tard and guess what?  No cops get call, no asshole cop shows up, not asshole cop abuse occurs...etc.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Krombompulos_Michael:

They may not be bad kids, but they made terrible decisions and were acting like punks.  Same as the kids in the ghetto.  It was all fun and games zooming around the neighborhood until they fucked up.  For being good kids they sure as hell weren’t acting like good kids.  Based on the reaction of the neighbors that showed up, it would appear everyone was tired of the shit being done by these “good kids”.  

ETA - hit and run/leaving the scene of an accident usually ends up with an arrest.  They chose to interfere with the investigation instead of complying.  While this makes them a GD hero, we all know the inevitable outcome.  Actions have consequences.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Let’s look at the facts:

- Kid driving recklessly in a neighborhood crashes and damages someone else’s property.  
- Kid leaves and his brothers try to remove the bike.  This now constitutes a hit and run accident.  
- Cop had obviously been advised and was waiting for someone to pick up the bike.  
- Brothers refused to follow his lawful order - the bike can be impounded pending investigation of the accident.  
- Cop makes an arrest based on probable cause, kid resists and is taken down to the ground.  Others try to interfere, taser comes out.  

Yeah, on one hand it may appear the cop is being heavy handed because use of force was needed.  On the other though, this is more than just mischievous kids.  Racing motorcycles through the neighborhood isn’t a right of passage.  The boys knew it was wrong and got caught.  The cop gave them the opportunity to remove the motorcycle from the truck so he could conduct his investigation.  They failed to follow the officer’s lawful orders.  They fucked around and found out.  

But this is GD.  Racing motorcycles through a neighborhood is a right of passage (unless you are an inner city kid doing it, then that shit needs to stop immediately).  It’s just kids being kids and the officer should have helped them load the bike and say “now you kids be careful now”, as he waves bye.

These were not bad kids. Use some fucking common sense. Give the kid a ticket. Move on.

Total BS.

Go to fucking DU.

They may not be bad kids, but they made terrible decisions and were acting like punks.  Same as the kids in the ghetto.  It was all fun and games zooming around the neighborhood until they fucked up.  For being good kids they sure as hell weren’t acting like good kids.  Based on the reaction of the neighbors that showed up, it would appear everyone was tired of the shit being done by these “good kids”.  

ETA - hit and run/leaving the scene of an accident usually ends up with an arrest.  They chose to interfere with the investigation instead of complying.  While this makes them a GD hero, we all know the inevitable outcome.  Actions have consequences.

Why did the bike need unloaded from the truck?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Fuck Meridian and that specific department's policies, procedures, and techniques.
View Quote

Meridian, as you may remember, also became popular for arresting a mother for having her kids at a park during the covid nonsene...
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#4]

These were not bad kids. Use some fucking common sense. Give the kid a ticket. Move on.

Total BS.

Go to fucking DU.
View Quote

A ticket for what?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#5]
- Brothers refused to follow his lawful order - the bike can be impounded pending investigation of the accident.  
View Quote

Odd then that the officer never impounded the vehicle. A different officer took pictures of it in the bed of the truck after officer leg sweep abandoned his super serious investigation.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Listen if you can't comprehend the whole ALL in my statement, I can't help you.  This interaction would never have occurred if the kids weren't acting like idiots and racing down a neighborhood street.  As someone already point out, they've likely been doing this for awhile and neighbor finally got tired of that shit.
So pro tip, stop acting like a tard and guess what?  No cops get call, no asshole cop shows up, not asshole cop abuse occurs...etc.
View All Quotes

Uhh, this was after the idiot who crashed was hauled off, and everyone had left?  AKA the cops/EMS had already come and gone. Someone had rolled the bike down a house or two out of the way, and the guys picking up the bike weren't involved with the idiot who crashed.  Apparently brothers/friends.

They were literally cleaning up after the event.  If the cop wanted pictures, they offered to hold it upright so he could take pictures.  I don't call that unreasonable by any stretch.  I've had to push a busted up bike into a truck before.  Took three of us and was a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jsnappa:

A ticket for what?
View All Quotes

Total BS.

Go to fucking DU.

A ticket for what?
Based on the video evidence?  Exhibition driving/exhibition of speed?  I don't know if Idaho has such laws but I've seen them issued a bunch in PA/OH for people doing burn outs.  /shrug
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Where all of the kids racing up and down the street, or just the one that wiped out? I must have missed them all on bikes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Based on the video evidence?  Exhibition driving/exhibition of speed?  I don't know if Idaho has such laws but I've seen them issued a bunch in PA/OH for people doing burn outs.  /shrug
View All Quotes

Total BS.

Go to fucking DU.

A ticket for what?

And there was video evidence of these three kids doing that?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

Where all of the kids racing up and down the street, or just the one that wiped out? I must have missed them all on bikes.
View All Quotes

This isn't their 1st time doing this.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Odd then that the officer never impounded the vehicle. A different officer took pictures of it in the bed of the truck after officer leg sweep abandoned his super serious investigation.
View All Quotes

Best to just scream "INVESTIGATION!!! LAWFULL ORDER!!!  COMPLY NOW!!!"

Its the best way to enforce compliance.  Especially when it's after the initial event, and they are just trying to get it out of the yard some bystander rolled it into.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Do you just trust the government from the get go?  Sounds like you don't believe in due process.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Based on what evidence?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:02:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#15]

Do you just trust the government from the get go?  Sounds like you don't believe in due process.
View All Quotes

I'd guess since we got a selectively edited video, I'd be inclined to not believe anyone in this video.  My guess is they were doing this more than 1 time.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were all taking turns but without the unedited videos of all involved guess we won't know.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I suppose the officer may have planned to go to the hospital to charge the rider after his “investigation”.

Besides, he lost all interest in the investigation and set up a resisting arrest because the boys didn’t lick his boots.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#17]

I'd guess since we got a selectively edited video, I'd be inclined to not believe anyone in this video.  My guess is they were doing this more than 1 time.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were all taking turns but without the unedited videos of all involved guess we won't know.
View All Quotes

I know I saw unedited video of a cop making unrealistic demands, and going straight to a violent assault on a guy that wasn't doing anything to him, wasn't running away, wasn't really doing anything.

Makes me think that cop might, just *might* be unreasonable and untrustworthy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Hit and run?

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By NotMrWizard:

Hit and run?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NotMrWizard:

Hit and run?

If you don't see them running from the cops in that video, then you hate law and order.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Wish I could watch the video.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:17:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CenterMax:
Can't watch without signing into YouTube no thanks
View Quote
This

I usually watch all of lawyer ups videos
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Let’s look at the facts:

- Kid driving recklessly in a neighborhood crashes and damages someone else’s property.  
- Kid leaves and his brothers try to remove the bike.  This now constitutes a hit and run accident.  
- Cop had obviously been advised and was waiting for someone to pick up the bike.  
- Cop makes an arrest based on probable cause, kid resists and is taken down to the ground.  Others try to interfere, taser comes out.  

Yeah, on one hand it may appear the cop is being heavy handed because use of force was needed.  On the other though, this is more than just mischievous kids.  Racing motorcycles through the neighborhood isn’t a right of passage.  The boys knew it was wrong and got caught.  The cop gave them the opportunity to remove the motorcycle from the truck so he could conduct his investigation.  They failed to follow the officer’s lawful orders.  They fucked around and found out.  

Love the “I’m not resisting” as he struggles to not get arrested and pull away from the cop - the very definition of resisting.  

But this is GD.  Racing motorcycles through a neighborhood is a right of passage (unless you are an inner city kid doing it, then that shit needs to stop immediately).  It’s just kids being kids and the officer should have helped them load the bike and say “now you kids be careful now”, as he waves bye.
View Quote

- Unrelated to the meat of the incident.
    - "Kid leaves" is an interesting way to describe being taken away by ambulance. 
    - How is that obvious?
    - What law required them to unload the bike?  If the cop told them to step back then secured the area then he could have kept them from "tampering with" the bike.  But he didn't because he's incapable of using words to express what he wants done.
    - Probable cause of what for the arrest?  Also, the cop just out and grabbed the guy with no warning.  If you put someone in a fight or flight response, you don't get to assault them because they have a fight or flight response.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#23]
These videos are garbage targeted for manufactured rage.

Perfect for GD.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JohnSmith6073:
These videos are garbage targeted for manufactured rage.

Perfect for GD.
View Quote

Are you saying that is good police work on display?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:26:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DKUltra] [#25]
Meridian PD never disappoints

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Meridian PD never disappoints

View Quote

They also arrested a guy for looking into police cars.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

You need to watch the video again. They weren't involved with the crash, or even there for it. They're the riders brothers and were picking it up after the fact.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

You need to watch the video again. They weren't involved with the crash, or even there for it. They're the riders brothers and were picking it up after the fact.
View All Quotes

Guessing he won't.  He already assumed they have done the same thing as the one that crashed was doing when he crashed.  Means they deserve punishment anyways.  Straight to jail.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#29]
The "tampering" thing is what really gets me. Anyone who has ever ridden a carbureted dirt bike knows it has a fuel petcock on the left side under the tank. And if you lay a bike on its side fuel will run out the carburetor overflow until the tank is empty.

These kids were "tampering" with the bike by trying to get it to quit leaking fuel.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
This

I usually watch all of lawyer ups videos
View Quote
thats youtubes doing not lawyer up
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:42:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#31]

View All Quotes

So there as a 4th person taking the video of the incident/crash?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
Fuck that cop and that boomer faggot boot licker.
View Quote
This...

There are Plenty of good cops and bad cops... I'm not biased one way or another, I view the video/audio and make my own opionons, not follow the local collective...

This was a bad cop, does not have the temperament to deal with public..
He's going to negligently kill someone and cause himself and his department/city a very large and costly lawsuit..
The douche bag assisting the cop, should have told the cop he was in the wrong and been a witness to the cops BS actions..
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Seriously, go rewatch the first few minutes... it's covered.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By UV18:
I like the "am I being detained".

Another UOF analysis by the non-UOF expert lawyer in GD. The cop was making the poor kid lift his body into the air. He made the poor kid try and tamper with the bike. He made the poor kid keep pulling his arms away. Even the 25% speed doesn't show the cop trying to immediately faceplant. Either the attorney has never wrestled more than playing pocket pool in the office, or he is delusional in his usual analysis.

I am sure he was even there earlier telling the seriously injured kid to operate the motorcycle recklessly. A serious accident is an investigation. Not a time to let people take the scene home and do what they want.

There.... bash away

And if it is a CA cop, I am sure he is making 10k a month in retirement and working in ID is just a job for something to do.
View Quote

Your TBL post are so fucking predictiable.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Well more than the 1st few mins.  It was past his hawking of supplements.  Probably why I missed it the 1st time.  Was skipping past that garbage.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

yes, as stated in the video
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Another UOF analysis by the non-UOF expert lawyer in GD. The cop was making the poor kid lift his body into the air. He made the poor kid try and tamper with the bike. He made the poor kid keep pulling his arms away. Even the 25% speed doesn't show the cop trying to immediately faceplant. Either the attorney has never wrestled more than playing pocket pool in the office, or he is delusional in his usual analysis.

I am sure he was even there earlier telling the seriously injured kid to operate the motorcycle recklessly. A serious accident is an investigation. Not a time to let people take the scene home and do what they want.

There.... bash away

And if it is a CA cop, I am sure he is making 10k a month in retirement and working in ID is just a job for something to do.
View Quote

OR - the expert lawyer in GD has sued a lot of law enforcement personnel and won, and has seen a lot of evidence at trial and knows what stands up and what doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:01:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 103] [#38]
ETA: Nevermind.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#39]

There.... bash away

View Quote

I would guess that a lot of that "something to do" is bullying innocent people around, and using the badge he has tarnished as an excuse to beat up innocent people when he gets, or makes, the chance to do so.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#41]
The cop taking 30 seconds to explain he wanted to inspect the bike as taking it may constitute a crime.

Instead he wanted to lead off with "I said so".
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Let’s look at the facts:

Love the “I’m not resisting” as he struggles to not get arrested and pull away from the cop - the very definition of resisting.  

View Quote

Pretty spot on.  Cop seemed a little rushed to escalate things, but kids were being shits.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 103:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 103:
ETA: Nevermind.

Fleeing the scene of an accident they weren't involved in?  
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By broken_reticle:
The cop taking 30 seconds to explain he wanted to inspect the bike as taking it may constitute a crime.

View Quote

Even after the cop escalated, the kids still offered to hold it up so he could get pictures.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Like the kids offered to help the cop do?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By NIevo:

Pretty spot on.  Cop seemed a little rushed to escalate things, but kids were being shits.
View All Quotes
Let’s look at the facts:

A little rushed?  How were the kids who were picking up after the rider went off in an ambulance being shits?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Let’s look at the facts:

Those kids seemed polite and followed instructions such as to move away when asked.

They were shits I guess because they didn't follow an order to unload the bike which they weren't required to follow and for reacting to a man grabbing them with no warning, like a normal human would do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:14:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#50]
[Deleted]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top