Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By broken_reticle:
The cop taking 30 seconds to explain he wanted to inspect the bike as taking it may constitute a crime.

Instead he wanted to lead off with "I said so".
View Quote

That’s my main issue with the interaction. Cop was a horrible communicator.

“Sorry guys because it was involved in a wreck I need it to stay here for my investigation and possibly keep it but I’ll let you know. “
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Krombompulos_Michael:
Let’s look at the facts:

- Kid driving recklessly in a neighborhood crashes and damages someone else’s property.  
- Kid leaves and his brothers try to remove the bike.  This now constitutes a hit and run accident.  
- Cop had obviously been advised and was waiting for someone to pick up the bike.  
- Brothers refused to follow his lawful order - the bike can be impounded pending investigation of the accident.  
- Cop makes an arrest based on probable cause, kid resists and is taken down to the ground.  Others try to interfere, taser comes out.  

Yeah, on one hand it may appear the cop is being heavy handed because use of force was needed.  On the other though, this is more than just mischievous kids.  Racing motorcycles through the neighborhood isn’t a right of passage.  The boys knew it was wrong and got caught.  The cop gave them the opportunity to remove the motorcycle from the truck so he could conduct his investigation.  They failed to follow the officer’s lawful orders.  They fucked around and found out.  

Love the “I’m not resisting” as he struggles to not get arrested and pull away from the cop - the very definition of resisting.  

But this is GD.  Racing motorcycles through a neighborhood is a right of passage (unless you are an inner city kid doing it, then that shit needs to stop immediately).  It’s just kids being kids and the officer should have helped them load the bike and say “now you kids be careful now”, as he waves bye.
View Quote

This is where I'm at.  When it's vids of "youts" doing this stuff, from the hood, this sight wants cops to do this exact thing to them...
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

Even after the cop escalated, the kids still offered to hold it up so he could get pictures.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
The cop taking 30 seconds to explain he wanted to inspect the bike as taking it may constitute a crime.

Even after the cop escalated, the kids still offered to hold it up so he could get pictures.

Except the cop never asked them to hold it up, they were asked to remove it.   Not saying the cop didn't go overboard but it was the kids actions who directly led to it.  

I'm guessing the same people defending them also believe TH was completely innocent in his actions
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

“Sorry guys because it was involved in a wreck I need it to stay here for my investigation and possibly keep it but I’ll let you know. “
View All Quotes

I agree.  I think a lot of these videos show that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NIevo:

View All Quotes

That'll happen when you hire the "respect my authority" JBTs who spent 20 years working in East LA or whatever, and don't realize that ID is a bit of a different place, demographically.  Or at least, it WAS a bit of a different place, demographically, before all the legal Californians and illegal Central Americans moved in. Unfortunately, the entire Boise area is basically just a northern suburb of LA now.

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

If I was understanding the video correctly, it was already moved from the wreck site anyway and was at a 3rd party location.

From the boys perspective, they were trying to do the right thing and get it out of the 3 party's way.

Legally, it would be interesting to know if the cop intended to take it to an approved wrecker yard until the investigation was complete.  The investigation should take about 30 seconds of watching the video to determine a kid was being a dumbass.  

Either way, a 5 minute conversation would have saved a whole lot of trouble.  Likely that conversation probably should take place with adults present, not kids.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Except the cop never asked them to hold it up, they were asked to remove it.   Not saying the cop didn't go overboard but it was the kids actions who directly led to it.  

I'm guessing the same people defending them also believe TH was completely innocent in his actions
View All Quotes

And at the end of the event, some other cop took some pictures and one of the brothers drove it away.  So they didn't need the bike out of the truck or seized.

Just a power tripping cop that demands instant compliance.

TH?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Army_of_One:

This is where I'm at.  When it's vids of "youts" doing this stuff, from the hood, this sight wants cops to do this exact thing to them...
View Quote

Except the kids weren't involved in riding the bike...
They weren't even there for the crash.

Yall would have yo eat a lot less crow if you'd spend the time to even just watch his initial breakdown.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Let’s look at the facts:

- Kid driving recklessly in a neighborhood crashes and damages someone else’s property.  
- Kid leaves and his brothers try to remove the bike.  This now constitutes a hit and run accident.  
- Cop had obviously been advised and was waiting for someone to pick up the bike.  
- Brothers refused to follow his lawful order - the bike can be impounded pending investigation of the accident.  
- Cop makes an arrest based on probable cause, kid resists and is taken down to the ground.  Others try to interfere, taser comes out.  

Yeah, on one hand it may appear the cop is being heavy handed because use of force was needed.  On the other though, this is more than just mischievous kids.  Racing motorcycles through the neighborhood isn’t a right of passage.  The boys knew it was wrong and got caught.  The cop gave them the opportunity to remove the motorcycle from the truck so he could conduct his investigation.  They failed to follow the officer’s lawful orders.  They fucked around and found out.  

Love the “I’m not resisting” as he struggles to not get arrested and pull away from the cop - the very definition of resisting.  

But this is GD.  Racing motorcycles through a neighborhood is a right of passage (unless you are an inner city kid doing it, then that shit needs to stop immediately).  It’s just kids being kids and the officer should have helped them load the bike and say “now you kids be careful now”, as he waves bye.
View Quote

You have some things wrong or context is wrong
-kid leaves and kids try removing the bike. The kid that crashed left in an ambulance… not sure this constitutes hit and run… he took an ambulance ride. The bike was already moved by bystanders the kids (his brothers) were picking up their property.
-cop had been advised and was waiting for someone to pick it up… the final decision from the officers as stated in the video was to take pictures of the damage in the bed of the truck and the child that wasn’t arrested left with the bike (this is what the kids offered to do in the first place).
-brothers refused a lawful order - what lawful order? Remove the bike from the truck bed? Not sure that’s lawful and ultimately the cops left it there anyways.
-cop makes arrest on probable cause - for what law? He never even tells the kid he’s arrested. He grabs the kids right hand and goes straight to a leg sweep. Not a single word was spoken by the officer until after the leg sweep.

Did you watch the video?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#10]

They may not be bad kids, but they made terrible decisions and were acting like punks.  Same as the kids in the ghetto.  It was all fun and games zooming around the neighborhood until they fucked up.  For being good kids they sure as hell weren’t acting like good kids.  Based on the reaction of the neighbors that showed up, it would appear everyone was tired of the shit being done by these “good kids”.  

ETA - hit and run/leaving the scene of an accident usually ends up with an arrest.  They chose to interfere with the investigation instead of complying.  While this makes them a GD hero, we all know the inevitable outcome.  Actions have consequences.
View Quote

The only kid involved in a wreck was the one riding the bike, he left in an ambulance… are you seriously suggesting leaving in an ambulance is a hit and run offense?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:47:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FannyPackZach] [#11]

View Quote

Any time I see these videos, that's about all the cop would have had to do to avoid all this bullshit. Just have a somewhat normal respectful demeanor and explain what he's gotta do to mark this off his to do list.

Listen dudes I gotta see the bike because it was in an accident. I just need the serial (vin?) number and to check both sides of it if yall can wait right here.

Boom, done. When some asshole comes up and is an asshole people don't want to do what you say.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:50:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Beer_Slayer] [#12]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#13]
tensing his body, arching his back
View Quote

Holly fucking all cops are bad, literally describing the act of being alive as resisting arrest.

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FunYun1983:

Holly fucking all cops are bad, literally describing the act of being alive as resisting arrest.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FunYun1983:
tensing his body, arching his back

Goddamnit! The kid was talking too!
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

The fuck they were "asked to remove it."  That's either a joke or an inaccurate description of the events (be it on purpose or accidental).
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

He said to take it out of the truck for his investigation. Right at 5:38. They were already recording now ask yourself why. Of course the "are we being detained" at 5:51 too right after he told him to step back.

Now, if these were black kids driving recklessly in the middle of a city and the family members tried to take the bike AFTER it was involved in a serious wreck, I am sure GD would jump right in with people removing evidence from a crime scene.

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Let’s look at the facts:

View Quote

LO fucking L.
So by your fucked up logic, every accident where a driver gets taken away in an ambulance constitutes a hit and run?
Total bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By UV18:
I like the "am I being detained".

Another UOF analysis by the non-UOF expert lawyer in GD. The cop was making the poor kid lift his body into the air. He made the poor kid try and tamper with the bike. He made the poor kid keep pulling his arms away. Even the 25% speed doesn't show the cop trying to immediately faceplant. Either the attorney has never wrestled more than playing pocket pool in the office, or he is delusional in his usual analysis.

I am sure he was even there earlier telling the seriously injured kid to operate the motorcycle recklessly. A serious accident is an investigation. Not a time to let people take the scene home and do what they want.

There.... bash away

And if it is a CA cop, I am sure he is making 10k a month in retirement and working in ID is just a job for something to do.
View Quote

The police needed a warrant to seize the bike at that point. Indeed, if you watched the video, the police ended up taking pictures of the bike in back of the truck just like the boys offered.

Everything you said is idiotic and wrong.

That cop is a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By magnum_99:

The police needed a warrant to seize the bike at that point. Indeed, if you watched the video, the police ended up taking pictures of the bike in back of the truck just like the boys offered.

View All Quotes

Another UOF analysis by the non-UOF expert lawyer in GD. The cop was making the poor kid lift his body into the air. He made the poor kid try and tamper with the bike. He made the poor kid keep pulling his arms away. Even the 25% speed doesn't show the cop trying to immediately faceplant. Either the attorney has never wrestled more than playing pocket pool in the office, or he is delusional in his usual analysis.

I am sure he was even there earlier telling the seriously injured kid to operate the motorcycle recklessly. A serious accident is an investigation. Not a time to let people take the scene home and do what they want.

There.... bash away

And if it is a CA cop, I am sure he is making 10k a month in retirement and working in ID is just a job for something to do.

Lol
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#20]

He said to take it out of the truck for his investigation. Right at 5:38. They were already recording now ask yourself why. Of course the "are we being detained" at 5:51 too right after he told him to step back.

Now, if these were black kids driving recklessly in the middle of a city and the family members tried to take the bike AFTER it was involved in a serious wreck, I am sure GD would jump right in with people removing evidence from a crime scene.
View All Quotes

He said to take it out of the back of the truck.  So?  Is that a lawful order they have to follow?

And I'm glad that they asked if they were being detained.  Everyone should know what rules the officer believes the interation is operating under.  Because when the cop went hands-on he did so to a person that he told wasn't detained and hadn't said anything to contrary to before grabbing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

The fuck they were "asked to remove it."  That's either a joke or an inaccurate description of the events (be it on purpose or accidental).
View All Quotes

You're either deaf, or can't read so the subtitles don't help you.  He asks them several times to take it out of the truck.  

I'm not saying the cop didn't do a bad job of communicating and might not have needed to escalate so quickly.  The kids weren't listening and acting like typical punk teenagers thoough.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mannyCA:
with the amount of retired LEO up in you-da-ho nowadays they can keep it.
View Quote

The amount of retired LEO from NY/CA/MA/etc up here is staggering.
Some seem to have their head on straight but most are fucktards
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#23]

You're either deaf, or can't read so the subtitles don't help you.  He asks them several times to take it out of the truck.  

I'm not saying the cop didn't do a bad job of communicating and might not have needed to escalate so quickly.  The kids weren't listening and acting like typical punk teenagers thoough.
View All Quotes

I can't watch it again to verify for sure, but I recall him ordering or demanding they take it out.  I would appreciate you sharing what the quote is from the officer where you believe he asked them for help.

But if indeed the officer did ask then they are allowed to decline.  

And they clearly were listening because they were attempting to have a rational conversation about the subject of the discussion with an irrational man.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Same idiot department that arrested a women in a park playing with her kids during covid. Then officer dickfaces house had protests outside  and the department cried like little bitches, so badly they tried to get a new law passed saying you couldn't picket or protest in front of politicians or cops houses.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

There.... bash away

Ironically, I think one of the issues is cultural.  MOST of the kids around here behave pretty well and are respectful ( no comment on the freaks in Boise).  I don't think they meant any disrespect. I think the kid checking on the left side of the bike was still mentally conditioned that there was no issue.

The cop came into it "Darn kids trying to get away!" because that is his mentality from CA.

I also think you are seeing some of that in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CaliContractor:
Same idiot department that arrested a women in a park playing with her kids during covid. Then officer dickfaces house had protests outside  and the department cried like little bitches, so badly they tried to get a new law passed saying you couldn't picket or protest in front of politicians or cops houses.
View Quote

That sounds unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
https://idahonews.com/amp/news/local/meridian-police-officers-use-of-force-against-teen-boy-under-scrutiny-idaho-officer-arrest-opa-investigation-dirt-bike-crash-officer

"this investigation may take time as it's an active pending case" lol "They're mad let's lay low!"
View All Quotes
https://idahonews.com/amp/news/local/meridian-police-officers-use-of-force-against-teen-boy-under-scrutiny-idaho-officer-arrest-opa-investigation-dirt-bike-crash-officer

"this investigation may take time as it's an active pending case" lol "They're mad let's lay low!"

From the comments, wonder if it is true.

Loves2paint
17 hours ago

This officer Chambers is a retired cop from California! And has conveniently left the Meridian police department after this incident. Watch the video. This was terrible police violence. Thankfully this young man was not injured.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:37:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CaliContractor] [#29]

View All Quotes

No kidding right. An attorney who is a state rep and republican, sided with dems to try and get this passed. He was on TV crying like a little bitch because people started protesting his house. He was on tv saying his daughter was asking him why people hate him and why they are protesting his house now. Greg Chaney is the little bitchs name who tried this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:38:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#30]
Mirrors my experiences with BPD growing up.  The  Ada county sheriffs were always chill but bpd giant cunts without fail.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Cop wasn’t gonna take no lip from some punk ass kids.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Asked or ordered?
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

How convenient, officer takedown already bounced to "another opportunity."
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#34]
This cop would never try that shit with 3 hoodrats right there.

What happens if citizens stop him from being a POS? He escalates, they counter, it's such a joke.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Native Idahoan here and I am tired of hearing Californian transplants say, "that is how we do it in California".
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:
Cop haters are manufactured, not born.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Loves2paint
17 hours ago

This officer Chambers is a retired cop from California! And has conveniently left the Meridian police department after this incident. Watch the video. This was terrible police violence. Thankfully this young man was not injured.

Meridian PD confirmed that in a news article I read.  He left this month.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Let’s look at the facts:

View Quote

why the fuck not? it’s by far the best option and guy probably won’t end up on youtube.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#39]
The most retarded thing that happened here was that YouTube age restricted and demonetized the video because it "promotes harmful conduct." Presumably it was the 16 year old crashing on a dirt bike. Clearly my video was promoting kids to go crash their dirt bikes. It had already hit 200k views when they randomly killed it. It would be at 600-700k by now. I'm surprised it still made the news though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#40]

How convenient, officer takedown already bounced to "another opportunity."
View Quote

Guess he got home safe but didn't feel safe when he got home.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Wait until you read about Meridian police officer Heida.  He arrested a guy for DUI.  Guy slipped his cuffs.  Heida and another officer remove suspect from Heida's cruiser.  Heida strikes the man in the face twice (department did not disclose this), pins him to the ground (knee on neck), another officer re-cuffs the suspect, Heida strikes the man in his face 6 more times.  Heida claims suspect elbowed him in the chest (while he was wearing body armory and a chest rig) which constituted big ouch.  Meridian PD says nothing Heida did in that instance was wrong and cleared him.  

Heida was later charged with 2 misdemeanors for killing a mule deer outside of his area (fuckin' weird, but OK).  He was required to report the charges, but didnt.  The department found out and decided he was a "discredit to the agency" for "dishonest and disgraceful conduct".  Officer Heida is no longer with the Meridian PD, but his IPOSTC file shows he is not de-certified.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article289562052.html

It seems that Meridian PD is a problem department.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#42]

They may not be bad kids, but they made terrible decisions and were acting like punks.  Same as the kids in the ghetto.  It was all fun and games zooming around the neighborhood until they fucked up.  For being good kids they sure as hell weren't acting like good kids.  Based on the reaction of the neighbors that showed up, it would appear everyone was tired of the shit being done by these "good kids".  

ETA - hit and run/leaving the scene of an accident usually ends up with an arrest.  They chose to interfere with the investigation instead of complying.  While this makes them a GD hero, we all know the inevitable outcome.  Actions have consequences.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Let's look at the facts:

- Kid driving recklessly in a neighborhood crashes and damages someone else's property.  

Yeah, on one hand it may appear the cop is being heavy handed because use of force was needed.  On the other though, this is more than just mischievous kids.  Racing motorcycles through the neighborhood isn't a right of passage.  The boys knew it was wrong and got caught.  The cop gave them the opportunity to remove the motorcycle from the truck so he could conduct his investigation.  They failed to follow the officer's lawful orders.  They fucked around and found out.  

But this is GD.  Racing motorcycles through a neighborhood is a right of passage (unless you are an inner city kid doing it, then that shit needs to stop immediately).  It's just kids being kids and the officer should have helped them load the bike and say "now you kids be careful now", as he waves bye.

These were not bad kids. Use some fucking common sense. Give the kid a ticket. Move on.

Total BS.

Go to fucking DU.

They may not be bad kids, but they made terrible decisions and were acting like punks.  Same as the kids in the ghetto.  It was all fun and games zooming around the neighborhood until they fucked up.  For being good kids they sure as hell weren't acting like good kids.  Based on the reaction of the neighbors that showed up, it would appear everyone was tired of the shit being done by these "good kids".  

Did I miss something?   The kid riding the bike left in an ambulance.   The bike had been sitting there for several hours from what I understand.   How is that hit and run?   They know who was driving and they took him away.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:

Wait until you read about Meridian police officer Heida.  He arrested a guy for DUI.  Guy slipped his cuffs.  Heida and another officer remove suspect from Heida's cruiser.  Heida strikes the man in the face twice (department did not disclose this), pins him to the ground (knee on neck), another officer re-cuffs the suspect, Heida strikes the man in his face 6 more times.  Heida claims suspect elbowed him in the chest (while he was wearing body armory and a chest rig) which constituted big ouch.  Meridian PD says nothing Heida did in that instance was wrong and cleared him.  

Heida was later charged with 2 misdemeanors for killing a mule deer outside of his area (fuckin' weird, but OK).  He was required to report the charges, but didnt.  The department found out and decided he was a "discredit to the agency" for "dishonest and disgraceful conduct".  Officer Heida is no longer with the Meridian PD, but his IPOSTC file shows he is not de-certified.

View All Quotes

Interesting. Wasn't able to get around the pay wall though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

View All Quotes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-punched-meridian-police-officer-100000646.html
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:26:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22] [#45]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
Mirrors my experiences with BPD growing up.  The  Ada county sheriffs were always chill but bpd giant cunts without fail.
View Quote

I got harassed and had my rights violated by both CBP and LEOs growing up. It was almost a weekly occurrence. I had nothing against either of them and I was a good kid. They turned me into being against them due to their actions not mine. I did nothing wrong and they tormented me and all the kids.

When I was 16, I was driving to school in my Honda Accord that I bought myself from working two jobs. My mom left a pack of cigarettes on the dash board. I got pulled over by the Sheriff for no reason like always. He put me in cuffs and made me lay face down and said if I didn’t let him search my car, he would arrest me for the cigarettes. I still remember his name because he did this crap to me all the time, A.P. Loza. He couldn’t get his mind to fathom that I was just a hard working kid trying to create a life for myself.

CBP would pull me over, make me sit on the ground like a dog, wait like an hour for Sheriff to show up with their “drug dog.” They would always get a “hit,” search my car, tear it pieces, find nothing, and then leave. No ticket, no sorry, nothing.

I got pulled over all the time for no reason be given a ticket of wasting finite fuel. I would fight it in court and win because they would either not show or have an explanation of how that ticket applied to me.

I wasn’t a cop hater, I was turned into one by them, not me. My dad was so pissed by their actions towards me that he payed good money for lawyer to write their Sheriff a letter that said if it continued they would be sued and he would go to the media. Even after that, they continued.

When you think of a profession that is honest, respects the Bill of Rights, and treats people with respect, LEOs are at the very bottom of that list. They did that to themselves, not us. They are even bigger tyrants now than they were then. They have earned their reputation. A prime example, Phoenix PD who were the subject of report that indicated their department fostered an environment of excessive force, retaliation and violating the rights of the people they swore to protect. If you want a good read, read the Phoenix PD report. They need to be disbanded and restructured from the ground up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jhereg:

Did I miss something?   The kid riding the bike left in an ambulance.   The bike had been sitting there for several hours from what I understand.   How is that hit and run?   They know who was driving and they took him away.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jhereg:
Let's look at the facts:

- Kid driving recklessly in a neighborhood crashes and damages someone else's property.  

Yeah, on one hand it may appear the cop is being heavy handed because use of force was needed.  On the other though, this is more than just mischievous kids.  Racing motorcycles through the neighborhood isn't a right of passage.  The boys knew it was wrong and got caught.  The cop gave them the opportunity to remove the motorcycle from the truck so he could conduct his investigation.  They failed to follow the officer's lawful orders.  They fucked around and found out.  

But this is GD.  Racing motorcycles through a neighborhood is a right of passage (unless you are an inner city kid doing it, then that shit needs to stop immediately).  It's just kids being kids and the officer should have helped them load the bike and say "now you kids be careful now", as he waves bye.

These were not bad kids. Use some fucking common sense. Give the kid a ticket. Move on.

Total BS.

Go to fucking DU.

One of the neighbors helped to clear the scene for the medical personnel and rolled the bike up to her front yard 5 houses up. They never seized the bike - just took pictures of it.

This was the actual scene, hours earlier. As you can see, cops were there at the time to investigate the scene.

Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#47]

They may not be bad kids, but they made terrible decisions and were acting like punks.  Same as the kids in the ghetto.  It was all fun and games zooming around the neighborhood until they fucked up.  For being good kids they sure as hell weren’t acting like good kids.  Based on the reaction of the neighbors that showed up, it would appear everyone was tired of the shit being done by these “good kids”.  

View All Quotes
Let’s look at the facts:

Total BS.

Go to fucking DU.

You say "they"? Wasn't the offender 1 kid who was seriously injured. Did he hit and run as you allege or go for medical treatment?

The cop was an ass right out of the gates.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

He can’t compel their labor. He could hold the truck until officers or someone they hired removed it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#49]

There.... bash away

View Quote

What is the end game for the officer taking the kid to the ground?  I wouldn’t want to be thrown to the ground either as that’s a 100% guaranteed injury.  The only question is to what degree.

I’m just glad the officer didn’t “see aggression in his eyes” and start blasting.
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-punched-meridian-police-officer-100000646.html

Thanks, found the bodycam from that one.

Meridian police body-cam video shows Seward arrest

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top