BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
be my luck after I went all cosmic avenger and get locked up I would be notified that there was a mix up in the lab
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#2]
About 5 years ago wife & I set up a family trust that will pass to two of our four daughters that have their head screwed on straight. The other two are at the mercy of the first two for a share the income.

I and wife have mostly ancestors that lived into their late 80's with a few living for up to 106 since 1800. The prime Ahole (ex wife) in my life croaked at 62. Even her own children would not go to the services.  I have out lived most of the others Aholes so not much gained by going full nuclear on any of the remaining.

I am in the 3rd year of chemo for a very low threat cancer, no cancer found at the 1 and 2 year treatment but I am a lab rat for 2 -3 years more. Very active and working full time and taking care of our family farm.  Also survived a MRSA staph infection that destroyed a heart valve in 2002.

If I become a short timer I be be doing a lot of flying full sized and RC and some travel.  Getting big in revenge was not how I was raised.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nah. I have forgiven and moved on. I'll let God handle it and go on over with a (relatively) clean conscience.
 I would resign my job, cash out my 401k, say my goodbyes, hop on my motorcycle and ride off into the sunset and tour America till it's my time. Insurance will take care of my family when I'm gone.
View Quote

Spoiler alert for any who haven't seen the series House;  

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Say you were given 6 months to live but were still in reasonably good physical shape. Would you settle some scores?

No FBI, ATF, or other Agency man as far as you know.
View Quote

I guess it depends on how heinous the circumstances of being "wronged" were. I would not be opposed to settling the score though if it were something out of control that you see in movies or read in books. If anything happened to a wife/significant other, child/helpless victim etc. I would make sure the issue is settled before I pass if they (the victim) are/were unable to deal with it or there is a fear it could resurface and happen again once I'm gone...I'm not into comic books and don't have batman posters in my house. I just believe some things need to be dealt with if there wasn't a resolution to the situation(s) already.

Also, don't forget to enjoy yourself and have fun as well. Don't let your last few months on this planet become all work and no play...Go to the beach and feel the waves at sunset, drink expensive scotch, hit triple digits in a sports car, skydive, etc. Do the things you were initially too scared to do or over-cautious about.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I would buy the waverunner.  Or a boat.  Maybe both.

Would travel and eat good food.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
One time there was a negative event. Some guys who were terminal but still ok for the time being were approached about handling it. They said they were trying to get into Heaven now and turned down the job. Never thought about that before then.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't think of anyone I'd like to settle a score with. Most people I have issue with have done enough punishment to themselves.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can't think of anyone I'd like to settle a score with. Most people I have issue with have done enough punishment to themselves.
View Quote

Heh.  I'm just sitting on the sidelines at this point.  

The rest of you will have to deal with the shitstorm that is 2020.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I hear Portland is lovely this time of year. I think I'd head there and trim the roses.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If I become a short timer I be be doing a lot of flying full sized and RC and some travel.  Getting big in revenge was not how I was raised.
View Quote
Is this code for you surreptitiously travel from city to city and pulling off drone strikes?

Because if it is, please save video.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm already in it for revenge.  A terminal illness would just accelerate the process.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would unload a semi trailer full of geese into DK-Prof's house (eta: and car).

View Quote

Don't go giving me ideas now.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would unload a semi trailer full of geese into DK-Prof's house (eta: and car).

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I do (cancer) and NO, I wouldn't.

I do believe I will have to answer to God, and nothing short of defense of self, another person, or your country justifies taking the life of human being.

People get wrapped up in the things of this world but this life is just the blink of an eye next to eternity.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I farted on my hand.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:27:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I have wondered, if you're going to off yourself, why not take a George Soros type with you?

Me, I think toward the end, I rent a storage unit. I park the caddy in it, running,  with plastic on the seats and floor. Put in some Pink Floyd and have a nap. Put a letter in the mail box on the way there.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:30:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I might do some legislative redecorating.
View Quote
This right here.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Scores no. Bucket list yes
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Certain patriotic duties would be completed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:03:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have wondered, if you're going to off yourself, why not take a George Soros type with you?

Me, I think toward the end, I rent a storage unit. I park the caddy in it, running,  with plastic on the seats and floor. Put in some Pink Floyd and have a nap. Put a letter in the mail box on the way there.
View Quote

Why?  He's not gonna be my problem.  He's your problem.  You take care of him.  

Carbon Monoxide poisoning isn't as pleasant as you might think.  Seizures, puking, choking.  They got that car scene right in John Wick.  

In my mind, OD on Fentanyl/Heroin would be about the best suicide an average Joe could pull off. And, that's not perfect, either.  I've had Fentanyl at the hospital.  It's good shit.  

Why not ride it out through the end?  Yeah, I've been through some horrible suffering and pain.  But, it will be over soon.  All over.  I got to watch the shitshow that is 2020.  All of you are entertaining to me.  

ETA.  It was Equalizer.  Not John Wick.  

The Equalizer (2014) - Interrogation Scene (CAR GAS PIPE)
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:10:56 AM EDT
[#25]
No. I would not attempt to improve society and America for my survivors. That would be illegal.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:30:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thought has crossed my mind numerous times
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:31:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There are a couple of people I can't forgive.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:32:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh cool, a sociopath thread...
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:52:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oh cool, a sociopath thread...
View Quote

Do you want a truckload of Canadian Geese in your yard? I can add you to "The List"
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 2:56:32 AM EDT
[#30]
If I had 6 months to live I would be focused on spending time with family, friends, traveling etc. Stupid negative shit wouldnt even be a consideration.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wise words.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do (cancer) and NO, I wouldn't.

I do believe I will have to answer to God, and nothing short of defense of self, another person, or your country justifies taking the life of human being.

People get wrapped up in the things of this world but this life is just the blink of an eye next to eternity.

Wise words.

My own idiocies have me covered.
Nobody else gets to pay for that.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I think the only illegal thing I'd actually do is take whatever I have left for savings, retirement, future planning like insurance....and put it all in a fund to take care of the dogs I went around and stole from shitty owners that kept them tied to a tree, feeding them garbage food while they longed for attention and companionship.

I'd be stealing dogs like a motherfucker, and setting them up with care and homes on my way out.

Fuck people and their petty bullshit...they're all responsible for their own in this life, and I won't be leaving with grudges. Dogs have been better friends, companions and emotional grounding for me than any human I've known, and I'd want to repay the favor before I shut out the lights.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#33]
The Apostle Paul admonished us not to return evil for evil but to leave room for the wrath of God.

Justice and “revenge” is the  exclusive domain and prerogative of God not me.

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Say you were given 6 months to live but were still in reasonably good physical shape. Would you settle some scores?

View Quote

Good question.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except that is not how it goes.   By the time terminal illnesses are discovered the person does not feel well.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Except that is not how it goes.   By the time terminal illnesses are discovered the person does not feel well.
View Quote

Pretty much my observation.  

Everyone I know that died of a terminal illness were mostly bedridden/hospitalized/in Hospice during their last 6 months.  Opioids can only do so much to keep someone upright and walking.

When the simple act of getting dressed, standing up, or eating is tiring, you know that person is on their way out.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#38]
*waingrow*  put together a crew and start takin' down scores.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No. I would not attempt to improve society and America for my survivors. That would be illegal.
View Quote

I'd do something that would earn me a wiki page.

I'd probably take down that Lenin statue in Seattle for giggles.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#40]
The movie”God Bless America” comes to mine

On a much larger scale
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top