BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:

I know that inflation was <2% under Trump, and muuuuch higher under Brandon.  Seems like your beef is with Brandon, not Blackrock.  With which I would agree.  Sucks to elect Democrats but here we are.

I know that home ownnership is the same now as it was in 1960.

I'd do well, no matter.  Blackrock is not my competitor.  I gave you the math.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

How has home prices and rent compared with inflation and wages over the last 10 years?

I know that inflation was <2% under Trump, and muuuuch higher under Brandon.  Seems like your beef is with Brandon, not Blackrock.  With which I would agree.  Sucks to elect Democrats but here we are.

I know that home ownnership is the same now as it was in 1960.

I'd do well, no matter.  Blackrock is not my competitor.  I gave you the math.

Let’s try this again.

What was happening to RE values starting a few years before trump and continued throughout his term?  Now take your answer and ask yourself what the cause of that was.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t read the whole thread, what’s had a greater effect on home prices?

Blackrock owning 60,000 houses.

1-3 million new people a year to the US each year for the last decade and needing housing?

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]

I have never owned a home that increased 200% in 5 years.  I'm jelly!  Good for you, bruh!
View All Quotes

Bruh, allowing blackrock and Blackstone to drive US government and economic policy is awesome bruh.  Like my house value went up 200% in 5 years bruh… that’s like totally normal and shit. I mean yeah it fucks everyone that comes after me, but I got mine bruh.

I have never owned a home that increased 200% in 5 years.  I'm jelly!  Good for you, bruh!

You’re so emotional the points fly right on by you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
Is it legal: Yeh

Would I piss on them if they were on fire? : No lmao
View Quote

Neither wouild I FTR.  They risked the money.  They might win or lose.  It makes zero difference to my situation.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Vonbongo:

1-3 million new people a year to the US each year for the last decade and needing housing?

View Quote

Of the Fed purchasing trillions in MBS
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Let’s try this again.

What was happening to RE values starting a few years before trump and continued throughout his term?  Now take your answer and ask yourself what the cause of that was.
View Quote

The Fed lowered interest rates for all borrowers.  I was one of them.  I had a mort for 3.5%.  It was a good time to borrow.

Your point?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:37:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lou_Daks] [#7]
Originally Posted By Vonbongo:

View Quote

Huh.  It's a mystery.

ETA: 10-12 million in the last three years alone.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#8]

You’re so emotional the points fly right on by you.
View Quote

Did I misquote you?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I would say it isn't really ethically wrong for the company, but it is something that is probably bad for society overall, and therefore the government should probably enact laws to avoid that situation.

Having a large middle class owning homes is very good for the health of the country.

Having a large serf-class of renters might be good for some corporations, but not for the country as a whole.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]

The Fed lowered interest rates for all borrowers.  I was one of them.  I had a mort for 3.5%.  It was a good time to borrow.

Your point?
View All Quotes

Let’s try this again.

Your point?

Why are you ignoring Mortgage Backed Securities, and how they affect the RE market and economy in general?  Why was the fed purchasing trillions in MBS?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Mostly agree.  Although prices were increasing several years prior to 2020.  Hell I bought a house in 2012, didn’t make any improvements or updates to it and made 100k when I sold it in 2018.    All this was due to rate manipulation and mostly the Fed purchasing trillions in MBS.    

The only reason why the economy ‘looked good’ from 2012+- to 2020 was because of the feds manipulating the housing market.  RE values went up and millions upon millions of people were cashing out with refis and helocs, which in turn pumped the economy with trillions of inflationary dollars.  Many of those same people and corps that were cashing out, rolled that equity into other properties, which also In turn further inflated prices and caused a shortage. We are paying the piper now with housing costs & inflation.
View Quote

When you want less of a thing, tax it.

It would be entirely appropriate and constitutional for Congress to enact a law imposing an excise tax on all MBS transactions, it should be high enough to make a big difference in the market, but not so high that the entire system ceases to exist. MBS and other derivatives are economic bullshit that make fatcats fatter without actually contributing to the real economy of working people.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, fuck those companies.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:46:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#13]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

It would be entirely appropriate and constitutional for Congress to enact a law imposing an excise tax on all MBS transactions, it should be high enough to make a big difference in the market, but not so high that the entire system ceases to exist. MBS and other derivatives are economic bullshit that make fatcats fatter without actually contributing to the real economy of working people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Mostly agree.  Although prices were increasing several years prior to 2020.  Hell I bought a house in 2012, didn’t make any improvements or updates to it and made 100k when I sold it in 2018.    All this was due to rate manipulation and mostly the Fed purchasing trillions in MBS.    

The only reason why the economy ‘looked good’ from 2012+- to 2020 was because of the feds manipulating the housing market.  RE values went up and millions upon millions of people were cashing out with refis and helocs, which in turn pumped the economy with trillions of inflationary dollars.  Many of those same people and corps that were cashing out, rolled that equity into other properties, which also In turn further inflated prices and caused a shortage. We are paying the piper now with housing costs & inflation.

Congress should abolish the Federal Reserve act.

Who remembers when the country was shut down in 2020 and Wall Street (markets) were booming… people should ask themselves why that is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Nope.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't see a problem. Blackrock is just like any other corporation trying to make a buck. I have them in my portfolio and also in my retirement accounts. It's been a good stock with decent dividends.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By switchtanks:
“ you will own nothing and be happy”

- Klaus Schwab

Did you really think they were kidding?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#17]
"Why would you restrict Capitalism. It is fine for hedge funds to throw money at all the starter homes so that the next generation will never be able to afford one." - GD
"Why is the next generation supporting communism demanding the government do something so they can afford a home." -GD
"Why did someone toss a molotov though my window!? I've been a pretty decent landlord to my 87 renters each paying me more than they would be paying on for a mortgage on a home if they could find one to buy?" - GD

Ultimately unrestricted anything is going to create problems. If you fuck around with peoples ability to afford a place to live and their ability to feed their family, you will likely find out there are consequences you do not like when they support policies that "may" benefit them more than the status quo they currently suffer under.  Getting people out of renting and into owning would be a much better for our country, and we should be working on finding a way to do that for the long term benefits for our nation.

The single biggest reason Trump is likely going to win this election is that Biden/Harris shit the bed so hard that even the suburban house wives are noticing how expensive things have become.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:40:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lou_Daks] [#18]
Let me tell you two stories.  Success stories.  About my heroes.

Story #1.  In the late 80s into the 90s I worked with a guy.  Let's call him "E".  E was an immigrant from Egypt.  He was a Coptic Christian.  If you know anything about Copts, they aren't treated well in Egypt or anywhere else in the ME.  E was married with 2 or 3 kids.  E had a job that paid just "OK", a field tech or something like that.  But it had good health care for his wife & kids so that gave him the basics.  E's english skills weren't great, but he could speak Egyptian like a mofo.  So you know what E did?  He went to school nights, got his RE sales license, and eventually his broker's license, and eventually started his own RE outfit that catered to other Copts immigrating to the U.S.  E helped them find starter homes  That was his core specialty.  He was so good at it, he bought a mansion in the Pacific Palisades, overlooking the ocean.  It was amazing.  He paid cash.  One day E didn't show up for work.  Turns out he was so busy with his RE biz he quit his old gig, didn't need it anymore.  I heard later that he sent his oldest kid thru medical school.  Here was a guy who came here with bupkis, barely speaking English, and made it Big Time in less than one generation.

Story #2.  I worked with a guy, let's call him "A".  A was in middle management, several rungs above me, at the time.  Lots of the other managers didn't like A because he was very straightforward and didn't play the games.  I liked A, he was always decent to me.  A was a RE mogul but most people didn't know that.  He'd bought a bunch of avocado and citrus groves in Ventura County, CA.  For years he sat on them, and subbed out the harvest to others, and took a cut.  Eventually, he started parcelling them out to developers who built homes, shopping centers, etc. on this former ag land.  He made a zillion $.  A was a mentor for me, of sorts.  I would go into his office at lunch and pick his brain.  He liked this.  A encouraged me to become a landlord, and I did.  Not at his level, of course - much smaller.  But he gave me some knowledge and encouragement and would ask me how it's going & etc.  One day A didn't show up.  On his 55th bday + 1, he just stayed home and retired.  He got the full retirement medical and a modest pension, which was all he wanted.  He told our employer to F right off.

Both of these stories took place loooong before QE, so that was not a factor in their success.  They saw the opportunity and seized it.  It's out there boys and girls.  Go get you some.

These people are my heroes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:48:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#19]
Originally Posted By detharin:
"Why would you restrict Capitalism. It is fine for hedge funds to throw money at all the starter homes so that the next generation will never be able to afford one." - GD
"Why is the next generation supporting communism demanding the government do something so they can afford a home." -GD
"Why did someone toss a molotov though my window!? I've been a pretty decent landlord to my 87 renters each paying me more than they would be paying on for a mortgage on a home if they could find one to buy?" - GD

Ultimately unrestricted anything is going to create problems. If you fuck around with peoples ability to afford a place to live and their ability to feed their family, you will likely find out there are consequences you do not like when they support policies that "may" benefit them more than the status quo they currently suffer under.  Getting people out of renting and into owning would be a much better for our country, and we should be working on finding a way to do that for the long term benefits for our nation.

The single biggest reason Trump is likely going to win this election is that Biden/Harris shit the bed so hard that even the suburban house wives are noticing how expensive things have become.
View Quote

Agree for the most part. But I will make three points.  

1- Trump hired people like Larry Fink & Wilbur Ross and let them drive economic policy.

2- Stephen Allen Schwarzman endorsed trump

3- A few weeks ago my wife went back and looked at grocery orders she placed and picked one that was placed in October 2021. The order she placed back then was $206. If she would place the exact same order today it would be $232.

As it has been for a century now, both political parties and their candidates are controlled by corporations, special interest and the elite. Nothing will change so long as that’s the case.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

We are approaching agreement.  I loved my tenants, but I think ownership is better for society.  Unfortunately, I have nothing to do with Fed policy, POTUS policy, or any other policy.  I have my own life and that's all.  I look around, figure out the landscape, and take some risks.

Inflation under Trump was very small.  On any objective metric, he was better for the country.  That's no guarantee for his victory.  You can see right here in GD how many people operate on feelz.  They "feel" like Blackrock is fooking them so it must be true, despite all the math.

God help us.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:56:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#21]

We are approaching agreement.  I loved my tenants, but I think ownership is better for society.  Unfortunately, I have nothing to do with Fed policy, POTUS policy, or any other policy.  I have my own life and that's all.  I look around, figure out the landscape, and take some risks.

Inflation under Trump was very small.  On any objective metric, he was better for the country.  That's no guarantee for his victory.  You can see right here in GD how many people operate on feelz.  They "feel" like Blackrock is fooking them so it must be true, despite all the math.

God help us.
View All Quotes

God help us.

So your vote means nothing? Interesting.

RE inflation was huge
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lou_Daks] [#22]

RE inflation was huge
View Quote

My vote means the same as your vote: 1 vote.  I don't recall ever getting to vote on Fed policy or the Fed Board members.

RE inflation was large because interest rates were so low.  It encouraged people to sell and move up.  This is a good thing.  Now that rates have increased, people feel "stuck" with their low rate mortgages and RE inventory is in the tank.

Yeah, interesting.

ETA: voted for Trump, still voting for Trump.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#23]

My vote means the same as your vote: 1 vote.  I don't recall ever getting to vote on Fed policy or the Fed Board members.

RE inflation was large because interest rates were so low.  It encouraged people to sell and move up.  This is a good thing.  Now that rates have increased, people feel "stuck" with their low rate mortgages and RE inventory is in the tank.

Yeah, interesting.
View All Quotes

RE inflation was huge

Yeah, interesting.

You directly voted for people who then appointed corporate stooges to run fiscal policy.  It’s like you have your blinders on when it comes to the Fed manipulating the market with MBS.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#24]

1- Trump hired people like Larry Fink & Wilbur Ross and let them drive economic policy.

3- A few weeks ago my wife went back and looked at grocery orders she placed and picked one that was placed in October 2021. The order she placed back then was $206. If she would place the exact same order today it would be $232.

As it has been for a century now, both political parties and their candidates are controlled by corporations, special interest and the elite. Nothing will change so long as that’s the case.

View Quote

1/2. and? Things Trump did in the past have no bearing on how badly Biden/Harris have aliened voters due to Bidenomics.
3. Check for shrinkflation. Did you receive the same amounts of product as you did previously?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#25]

You directly voted for people who then appointed corporate stooges to run fiscal policy.  It’s like you have your blinders on when it comes to the Fed manipulating the market with MBS.

View Quote

So, you voted for Biden and Hillary?  How did that work out, with your one vote?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By _DR:
There are plenty of builder who will build a starter home for you at any given time.

View Quote

No, dude. Like, the corporations made that illegal.  Or they will.

It's all a conspiracy between the government and the corporations.  That's why we need to give the government more power to limit capital investment in housing development.

I'm Alec Baldwin and this message was brought to you by the Film Actors Guild.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

No, dude. Like, the corporations made that illegal.  Or they will.

It's all a conspiracy between the government and the corporations.  That's why we need to give the government more power to limit capital investment in housing development.

I'm Alec Baldwin and this message was brought to you by the Film Actors Guild.
View Quote

Raising taxes will fix that.  Promise!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:09:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#28]

1/2. and? Things Trump did in the past have no bearing on how badly Biden/Harris have aliened voters due to Bidenomics.
3. Check for shrinkflation. Did you receive the same amounts of product as you did previously?
View All Quotes

I’m not a team sport kind of guy. I recognize that both teams are controlled by many of the same entities and people.  Me pointing out trump being owned by corporate interests doesn’t mean that fkh/fjb aren’t owned by many of the same interests.  They all are.  It doesn’t matter who wins in November. The can will be kicked.

3- Exact same order, quantities, items brands etc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#29]

So, you voted for Biden and Hillary?  How did that work out, with your one vote?
View All Quotes

Nope.  How many times can you be wrong today?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

How did your one vote make life better for America??

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m not a team sport kind of guy. I recognize that both teams are controlled by many of the same entities and people.  Me pointing out trump being owned by corporate interests doesn’t mean that fkh/fjb aren’t owned by many of the same interests.  They all are.  It doesn’t matter who wins in November. The can will be kicked.

View Quote

How does your perception you are not a team sport person and your anecdotal experience relate to the topic at hand, or anything I said?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

You obviously can't separate your personal feelings from this topic.  Nobody is saying YOU shouldn't own rental properties and the difference has been explained multiple times but you keep arguing like somebody wants the government to take your houses away.

Your assertion that anyone saying government-backed hedge funds shouldn't be buying up homes is "just jealous/a failure/didn't succeed in life/etc" is asinine.  We get it, you have rental homes.  Nobody gives a shit.  I bought a house in 2020 and the current housing situation doesn't affect me but I can objectively see the problem.

You sound strikingly similar to NFA collectors who want them to stay regulated because of the value.  "I got mine and if you didn't get yours, you should have worked harder."
View Quote

Dude is a clown. He kept referring to his son earlier in this thread as his “Offspring”. I stick by my statement that anyone calling their kids their offspring probably doesn’t have kids and can’t get laid. He’s probably a troll basement dweller.

If he wants some legitimacy he should post a screen shot of his current bank account balance and a pic of the supposed offspring.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

The only difference is that I’m not complicit, where as you are.  

You voted for more of the same corporate control of the US government, and it helped out your meager portfolio at the expense of future generations.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Congress should abolish the Federal Reserve act.

Who remembers when the country was shut down in 2020 and Wall Street (markets) were booming… people should ask themselves why that is.
View Quote

Because tech savvy millennials and gen z folk were at home and board with nothing to do so they decided to day trade.

GME to the Moon!!!!!’🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀💎💎💎🙌🙌🙌hodl!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:34:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBootDude] [#35]
Let me tell you two stories.  Success stories.  About my heroes.

Story #1.  In the late 80s into the 90s I worked with a guy.  Let's call him "E".  E was an immigrant from Egypt.  He was a Coptic Christian.  If you know anything about Copts, they aren't treated well in Egypt or anywhere else in the ME.  E was married with 2 or 3 kids.  E had a job that paid just "OK", a field tech or something like that.  But it had good health care for his wife & kids so that gave him the basics.  E's english skills weren't great, but he could speak Egyptian like a mofo.  So you know what E did?  He went to school nights, got his RE sales license, and eventually his broker's license, and eventually started his own RE outfit that catered to other Copts immigrating to the U.S.  E helped them find starter homes  That was his core specialty.  He was so good at it, he bought a mansion in the Pacific Palisades, overlooking the ocean.  It was amazing.  He paid cash.  One day E didn't show up for work.  Turns out he was so busy with his RE biz he quit his old gig, didn't need it anymore.  I heard later that he sent his oldest kid thru medical school.  Here was a guy who came here with bupkis, barely speaking English, and made it Big Time in less than one generation.

Story #2.  I worked with a guy, let's call him "A".  A was in middle management, several rungs above me, at the time.  Lots of the other managers didn't like A because he was very straightforward and didn't play the games.  I liked A, he was always decent to me.  A was a RE mogul but most people didn't know that.  He'd bought a bunch of avocado and citrus groves in Ventura County, CA.  For years he sat on them, and subbed out the harvest to others, and took a cut.  Eventually, he started parcelling them out to developers who built homes, shopping centers, etc. on this former ag land.  He made a zillion $.  A was a mentor for me, of sorts.  I would go into his office at lunch and pick his brain.  He liked this.  A encouraged me to become a landlord, and I did.  Not at his level, of course - much smaller.  But he gave me some knowledge and encouragement and would ask me how it's going & etc.  One day A didn't show up.  On his 55th bday + 1, he just stayed home and retired.  He got the full retirement medical and a modest pension, which was all he wanted.  He told our employer to F right off.

Both of these stories took place loooong before QE, so that was not a factor in their success.  They saw the opportunity and seized it.  It's out there boys and girls.  Go get you some.

These people are my heroes.
View Quote

You do realize it’s not the 80s and 90s anymore right? Just because something was feasible 30-40 years ago doesn’t mean it’s still feasible today.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:35:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#36]

How does your perception you are not a team sport person and your anecdotal experience relate to the topic at hand, or anything I said?
View All Quotes

You said this in the original post I quoted. “The single biggest reason Trump is likely going to win this election is that Biden/Harris shit the bed so hard that even the suburban house wives are noticing how expensive things have become.”

I mostly agree with that statement, in particular that trump will win.  However I made the points I made to shed some light on how looking at trump as an answer for this is moronic, given his track record and current endorsers.

That same line also mentions how expensive things have become and they have. Look at what happened to vehicle prices for example during 2020 . That being said i’ve seen people here claim that their grocery bills have doubled since 2020.  I’m simply pointing out that it’s not the case for us and I believe that’s overblown.  Certainly other things have doubled or more… like RE and vehicles.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Guys we can't do anything about corruption because we might make it worse.
I assume you guys making this argument are in favor of dissolving the military and the police as well they could misuse there power
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Riply21:
Guys we can't do anything about corruption because we might make it worse.
I assume you guys making this argument are in favor of dissolving the military and the police as well they could misuse there power
View Quote

You're advocating a policy that would empower government and enable more corruption.

To use your analogy...we should nationalize all the police to end police corruption.  What could possibly go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh boy, a GD housing thread? Have we gotten to the point where people just are just saying “fuck the younger generations, I got mine”?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#40]

You're advocating a policy that would empower government and enable more corruption.

To use your analogy...we should nationalize all the police to end police corruption.  What could possibly go wrong.
View Quote
Go ahead find in here where I argued for more government.
I have only argued that we are not a free market anyone that thinks we are is delusional and that corporations are no better then governments and should not be trusted and cucked for.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Considering their is no risk since we all know the gov will bail them out if people can't afford to pay their rent, I'd say yes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:
Oh boy, a GD housing thread? Have we gotten to the point where people just are just saying “fuck the younger generations, I got mine”?
View Quote

We started at that point, bruh.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

LOL yep.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I owned rentals and was a landlord.  Was that wrong, OP?  I provided nice places for people to live at prices they were willing to pay.  I made some $ at it.  It was a win-win.

View Quote

I'm going to assume ur not a hedge fund .

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Riply21:
Go ahead find in here where I argued for more government.
I have only argued that we are not a free market anyone that thinks we are is delusional and that corporations are no better then governments and should not be trusted and cucked for.
View Quote

So you disagree with the people who want to enact capital controls and limit how many houses people and corporations can own?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#46]
There are ways I don’t want to make my money even though I technically could.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Lots of flippers flipping out at the loss of income by paint.

Free markets! (Just keep ficking china out like they keep the USA out of their markets)
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Are you whiners still whining about Blackrock?

Did none of you read the link I provided?

Lemme make it easy for y'allz:

The Top Three corporate single family home cos.:
1. Progress Residential 83,502
2. Invitation Homes 81,716
3. Blackrock 61,964

Total 227,182.  That's about 1 million people living in those homes, in a country of 350 Million.  That's 0.0029.  Or less than 0.3% of the total of Americans.  That's less than 1/3 of one percent.

And that's preventing y'allz from achieving home ownership?  That's pathetic.

Blackrock isn't your enemy.  You are your enemy.

Do you drink or smoke?  Stop it.  Save the $ and save your life.

Do you have a car payment and rent?  Sell the brodozer, buy a beater, and save the $.

Do you eat out more than once a week?  Stop.  Pack a lunch.

Get a roommate.

Get a side gig.

Be an investor, not a saver.  Take some risk, reap the reward.

Do you spend more than 20 minutes a day fuken around on your phone?  Stop.  Read some books.  Start with "The Millionaire Next Door", or "Rich Dad Poor Dad."

Do these things for 5 years and you will have enough down payment for your first home.  It gets easier after the first one.  Trust me.

Give yourself permission to succeed.  Stop blaming others.  America is the Land of Opportunity.  Carpe diem.

ETA: Constantly be learning, making yourself more valuable to your employer.  Or to a future employer.
View Quote

That's too boomer of a take to b posted by an actual boomer.

Instead of ownership number that don't give an accurate picture of today's market, look at the percentage of homes bought by institutional investors. While that still isn't the only reason home prices are absurdly high, it's still one of the reasons.

Lack of new build, population increases outpacing housing stock increases, growing home sizes, diminishing household sizes, regulatory excess, and highly restrictive zoning are all adding up to unsustainable housing prices. You can't avocado toast your way out of the mess we're in.

It isn't just shitty fiscal policy and gen Z doom scrolling that made my house value double since I bought if a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
A lot of times when they buy them in nice areas they will tear them down and rebuild there .

There is not a big market for older starter homes . They want the location not the older smaller homes .
View Quote

Indeed, I saw this happen in Santa Monica.    

But I hate it when the houses are so close together that people could practically hand something to their neighbors on the second floor.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#50]

So you disagree with the people who want to enact capital controls and limit how many houses people and corporations can own?
View Quote
Yes I want a rollback of government regulation I also want personal liability for the people that run companies.
I would also add bribing public officials accepting bribes and using government positions for personal enrichment to treason laws
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top