BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you’re at Amelia Island, it might be.
View Quote

Gonna say the same thing.  The Concours d'Elegance is this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I have seen a McLaren F1 on the road before.
View Quote

There are a couple of guys who bring their GT 50s, together, to the Ford dealership in Hendersonville, NC to get them serviced. Something to do with one of the mechanic's certifications. Last time I saw them they were running line abreast on the main drag. Definitely not replicas, service manager told me the story when I was getting my truck repaired.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you’re at Amelia Island, it might be.

I got invited to it, maybe I should go next year?

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've seen plenty of Ferraris (360, 550, Testarossa, F40, F50, Enzo), Lamborghinis (Aventador, Diablo, Countach, Gallardo), Jaguars (XJ220....damn cool car), Porsches (959, Carrera GT)..... But I've never seen a McLaren F1. And I'd love to see one up close and personal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice Fiero body kit!
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve seen two of them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep. Lamborghini started out as a tractor manufacturer.

As for the Ferrari in the original post, no thats a kit car. Its a 67 Ferrari 330 P4 replica. Original ones like that are in the MILLIONS and I doubt their owners take them on the road. Last one I heard that sold went for $10M. Some of these kit cars are so damn close to the original that you could use parts from them on the originals.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’ve seen two of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve seen two of them.

I recently got a guided tour inside and out of a McLaren Senna.

No ride/drive though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wish I could remember which thread...a member on here posted a picture of his car, with another car on a garage lift above it wearing a cover. He said, "anybody recognize the top car?" Several people got it immediately, a McLaren, but I don't remember the model.

He followed that up with, "it's my wife's."
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I was passed, very rapidly, by a F-40 in Germany  between Bitburg and Spangdahlem back in the day.  Caught back up to him when he got behind a farmers tractor.
It was glorious watching flames coming out the exhaust when he downshifted to pass when a straight stretch of road appeared and it was gone as fast as a 1 liter jap bike.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like a Race Car Replica build.

I don’t think they make that one anymore.  
View Quote

Norwood P4.  Only around one million.  Here's a time lapse of one being built.
Time Lapse of P4-575 by P4 Norwood

Driving one with real V-12 goodness.
1967 Ferrari 330 P3/4 Norwood drive on the street with exhaust sound, loud!
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Are you serious?

Because some idiot looking at their phone instead of the road will destroy your multi million dollar Ferrari investment car.
View Quote
There are facebook groups for "car spotters", basically people upload pictures of cool cars they see driving around.  Lambo's and other super cars, new and old, worth millions, are driven all over the place.  Mostly in the big cities.

I saw a Lotus in Chicago a few years ago.  Been to places like Miami and Cali for vacations and the cruise ship ports etc.  Haven't seen something like that every time but....some people with lots of money buy crazy cars to drive them once in a while.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw someone who lives near Beacon, NY exercising their Ferrari collection on occasion when I was trucking.  Summer Friday afternoons with good weather, crossing the I-84 bridge over the Hudson River I saw an Enzo, an F-1 and a Testa Rosa, each time with the same guy driving.

Must be nice to have cubic money.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nice car but that’s a BIG girl
View Quote

It's tiny when you stand next to it.

The roof line is like 36" off the ground.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That has too be a replica.

No way thing thing would be out on public roads.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:24:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Guys take their ultra rare high dollar cars out.  It's not uncommon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?

Because some idiot looking at their phone instead of the road will destroy your multi million dollar Ferrari investment car.

It’s true.  My neighbor drives his rare exotic sports truck (Ram with lift and diesel mods) all the time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#20]
A guy in my former office building had one of these - Lambo LM002.  Very cool vehicle!      

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Can’t tell for sure...is the driver an asshoe?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There are a couple of guys who bring their GT 50s, together, to the Ford dealership in Hendersonville, NC to get them serviced. Something to do with one of the mechanic's certifications. Last time I saw them they were running line abreast on the main drag. Definitely not replicas, service manager told me the story when I was getting my truck repaired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is only 1 mechanic in the US that is "Certified" by McLaren to work on the F1. There is a pretty good YT series with the guy.  I would be scared to be in the same room as one with my propensity to drop tools.

THE ONLY MCLAREN F1 TECH IN THE UNITED STATES!
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can’t tell for sure...is the driver an asshoe?
View Quote

You seem confused that’s a “Ferrari” not a Porsche
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?

If this was real it would not simply be an ultra rare high dollar car. No insurance company will write a policy for daily use of something like that: it’s a $10 million liability that could be destroyed simply by someone not seeing it while backing up in a parking lot. There is a huge difference between a $200000 ultra rare high dollar car and what this would be if real. The person would have to self insure after liability. Think how much they would have to pay out if the owner did something like hit a deer.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#25]
CSB time.
In 1989 my BIL owned a towing company and I worked for him.
We had the contract for high end dealer in town because we had fancy roll back trucks.

Memorial Day weekend I transported one of these from San Antonio to Portland, OR.
Attachment Attached File

1989 Testarossa

Brought one of these back as trade in.Attachment Attached File

1974 Dino

It was a pretty epic road trip.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A guy in my former office building had one of these - Lambo LM002.  Very cool vehicle!      
https://supercars.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/9559012.jpg
View Quote

That is kinda fugly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#27]
A replica like that is like a set of bolt-on tits.  It's real if you can see it, touch it, and feel it, and it looks good.  But it's not as good as the real thing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:44:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I got invited to it, maybe I should go next year?

View Quote

If you are into cars at all I would suggest you do so.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If this was real it would not simply be an ultra rare high dollar car. No insurance company will write a policy for daily use of something like that: it’s a $10 million liability that could be destroyed simply by someone not seeing it while backing up in a parking lot. There is a huge difference between a $200000 ultra rare high dollar car and what this would be if real. The person would have to self insure after liability. Think how much they would have to pay out if the owner did something like hit a deer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?

Leno still drives his McLaren F1 on the shitty streets of Burbank (that’s a $30 million dollar car these days). It would be interesting to know the insurance situation.

Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) famously wrecked his F1 multiple times. The second time he hit a tree and it was rebuilt and sold for $15 million in 2015.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?

All you need is a sunny day around Nashville to see em.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Leno still drives his McLaren F1 on the shitty streets of Burbank (that’s a $30 million dollar car these days). It would be interesting to know the insurance situation.

Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) famously wrecked his F1 multiple times. The second time he hit a tree and it was rebuilt and sold for $15 million in 2015.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?

Yeah there are several insurance companies that will insure these things for "normal" use being est at <1000 miles  year. AIG and Chubb and Payne being two of the better ones.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Norwood reproduction. Still almost a million dollars.

You need to remove a zero.
https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1060406/1967-ferrari-330-p4-for-sale-in-sylvania-ohio-43560
From the link you posted:

A Norwood replica of one of these with a period, but not exact V12 is over 300k
Lesser replicas with any Ferrari engine is still around 200k

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A replica like that is like a set of bolt-on tits.  It's real if you can see it, touch it, and feel it, and it looks good.  But it's not as good as the real thing.
View Quote

The problem with the 330-P4 is that there were only 4 ever made and only 1 retains its original body.
That car is here in Canada owned by Lawrence Stroll.

Stroll owns one of probably every significant Ferrari ever built. He also owns a McLaren F1.
He also owns a race track to drive them on and is the president of Aston Martin.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top