Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Israel currently under attack (Page 287 of 961)
Page / 961
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _DR:

Can carriers launch cruise missiles?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

Why would a carrier be 20 miles off the coast?

Can you launch an ICBM sideways?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]

View Quote

It's a carrier strike group so there are more than a few surface and submerged assets that can launch a multitude of different weapons systems.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:

I hope not as that will certainly be far bloodier. As much as I try I can’t understand the way a lot of that culture thinks. Just because it doesn’t make sense to a western mind doesn’t mean they are planning on it
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
Originally Posted By 18aBro72:

Irans entire end game is to bring about their messiah.

I hope not as that will certainly be far bloodier. As much as I try I can’t understand the way a lot of that culture thinks. Just because it doesn’t make sense to a western mind doesn’t mean they are planning on it

"It is one of the great weaknesses of reasonable men and women that projects which fly in the face of commonsense are not serious or being seriously undertaken."

-Margaret Thatcher
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Jihadis have done it before.  USS Cole?
View Quote

Yep  USS Cole.  2 jihadis in a speedboat.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:29:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#5]

Why would any civilization treat the enemy, to get them back into fighting shape?
View Quote

Interrogation.

He might be wishing he had not been treated by the time its said and done.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SeanTX:

Plot twist: They have no messiah.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SeanTX:

Irans entire end game is to bring about their messiah.

Plot twist: They have no messiah.

You’re telling me their laughable plagerization (for territorial/economic gain) of another religion at least 2700 years older isn’t going to pan out?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kells81:

@VACaver

When the Propaganda video gets interrupted by air raid sirens in Palestine. The dead rise      pic.twitter.com/wdZNRi1ANr  Gunther Eagleman  (@GuntherEagleman) October 11, 2023

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GuntherEagleman/status/1712141225472536654?ref_src=twsrc[/tweet]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kells81:
Originally Posted By VACaver:
Does anyone remember or have a link to an old video that supposedly showed Arab dead bodies covered with sheets, but one of them moves while the video was being shot? A friend needs to see how the Arabs will fake videos to gain public support.

@VACaver

When the Propaganda video gets interrupted by air raid sirens in Palestine. The dead rise      pic.twitter.com/wdZNRi1ANr  Gunther Eagleman  (@GuntherEagleman) October 11, 2023

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GuntherEagleman/status/1712141225472536654?ref_src=twsrc[/tweet]
@VACaver
Pretty sure this is the one you are thinking of.

Pallywood, "According to Palestinian Sources…” FULL UNEDITED VERSION Al Durah

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:30:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#8]
Ground offensive has started. Unity war gov’t formed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By brass:
Pretty neat video:

View Quote

Suicide bombing instructor: "Now watch carefully, I'm only going to show you this once."
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Israeli boys help prep for war:

View Quote

They need some Lula loaders for those kids
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Sure, but why would you want to?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  The Soviets/Russians put cruise missiles on their carriers so they can circumvent the Montreaux Convention.  They call them aviation cruisers or something other than aircraft carriers.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Pretty neat video:

View Quote

Beautiful!
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

IN!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Pretty neat video:

IN!

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

It's the civilized thing to do.

It's also not what Hamas deserves.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Why would any civilization treat the enemy, to get them back into fighting shape?

Bleed him out, harvest his organs and dump his meat out the back doors for the dogs.

It's the civilized thing to do.

It's also not what Hamas deserves.

I disagree, the civilized thing to do is to put the rabid dog down.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DonS:

Ace of Spades had this:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sentionaut:

Agreed. Armed citizens may not have halted the attack, but I bet there would be significantly less civilian casualties.

Ace of Spades had this:

Inbar Lieberman, the security coordinator of Kibbutz Nir Am since December 2022, heard explosions early Saturday, when the terrorists launched their unprecedented attack on the Jewish state, according to Walla News.
She realized that the sounds were different than those heard during the usual rocket attacks on the kibbutz — located near Sderot and a stone’s throw from the Gaza Strip.

So Lieberman rushed to open the armory, distributed guns to the 12-member security team and coordinated their decisive response amid the unfolding attack.

She placed her squad of kibbutzniks in strategic positions across the settlement and set up ambushes that caught the gunmen off guard and turned the tables on them during their mission to inflict mass casualties.

Lieberman killed five terrorists by herself, while the others gunned down 20 more over four hours as they turned Nir Am into an impenetrable fortress — while nearby kibbutzim suffered heavy losses, Walla News reported.

Hell yeah! That's good awareness and leadership. Wish this would have been the case at every insurgent point
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Lone_Eagle:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lone_Eagle:
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Jihadis have done it before.  USS Cole?

Nothing is impossible but that was a single small ship in a harbor.

It was also pre 9/11.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty neat video:

View Quote

Ha
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#19]
Originally Posted By redleg13a:

Sure, but why would you want to?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  The Soviets/Russians put cruise missiles on their carriers so they can circumvent the Montreaux Convention.  They call them aviation cruisers or something other than aircraft carriers.
View Quote

I just remembered seeing sea launched cruise missiles from BB-63, Missouri, during Desert Storm. It was fairly impressive.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By craig19:

That is awesome. I hope he BBQ'd his nuts.
View Quote

That and a lot more My guess is that he was on-the-bone long-pig jerky by the time anybody made an effort to get him down.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#21]
This attack which I fully believed was planned and funded by Iran puts me firmly in the camp of those who believe that Iran should never be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons. Just like this attack they will fund it and plan it and support it then later claim..."it wasn't us, it was Hamas".

Much like the BS the Soviet Union tried during the cold war by arming Cuba with nukes pointed at us. If they launch them it wasn't us.

I'm not for putting US boots on the ground in Iran but a massive air attack using bunker busters and even shutting off their power grid needs to be done ASAP and sink every oil tanker leaving Iran and level every oil field.

Lets not forget that Obama and Potato gave Iran billions in cash funding not only funding this attack but many futures attacks.

They need to look into for example all these hundreds of paragliders...where did they come from? Who trained them and where? Probably bought online from western suppliers. Who paid for them? Where did the money come from? Blackhole? then we know where they came from.

Follow the money.

Iran.

Pretty sure Israel would have picked up on a mass paraglider training program in Gaza...but not in Iran.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

After the tents are set up, bomb those as well.

There shouldn't be a "human" left alive after this bullshit.

Humans need to get back to what wars used to be, you're there to kill people, so get it done and leave nobody left to come back for revenge.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Would the carrier battle group be in war time cruising mod..........or what ever the current level of readiness is called?

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

FDR and his cabinet were convinced that the first strike would be against the British/Dutch colonies and/or the Philippines (or Wake Island), and that the war wouldn't start in earnest until sometime in 1942.  Therefore, forward-basing the Pacific Fleet at Pearl in 1940 and sending the majority of our troop and air deployments to the Philippines throughout 1941 makes perfect sense, or at least did until 7 December 1941.  Unfortunately, the US ran out of time to properly establish Philippine Defenses (as well as Wake, Midway, and so forth) and reinforce the FEAF, as the Philippine Army was still being mobilized and trained and the infrastructure to support all the aircraft we sent, such as hi-test fuel, repair parts and equipment, and radar systems had not been sent when the balloon went up.  Not to mention the infrastructure to support US ground troops and the Philippine Army in extended ground combat.  The British also thought the same, as their scheduled reinforcement of Singapore and the Southwest Pacific was inadequate for the threat.  Naturally, the Dutch did what they could, but with Holland proper under German occupation, they were waiting for British and US Forces/Assets to backfill them. Plus, the initial attack on Pearl by the Kido Butai was not on anyone's bingo card, as the first successful use of torpedo bombers on a fleet anchorage had only occurred one time the year before (by the British Royal Navy, not the Japanese) and the idea that a carrier strike force could cover over 4000 miles without being detected seemed absurd; Plus, it seemed to go against the Japanese Kantai Kessen (Decisive Battle) doctrine, which, in good Mahanite fashion, wanted to sink or damage and scatter the enemy fleet in a location far from reinforcement or repair capabilities, preferably in deep and/or inaccessible waters  and far from 'friendly" territory.  So, though I am not a Franklin Roosevelt fan, to say FDR did "nothing" is inaccurate; perhaps the "wrong things at the wrong time" would be more accurate.  Remember that most of the capital ships that were part of the "Two Ocean Navy Act" of 1940 were just being built, we had only started mobilizing/drafting soldiers in large number in 1940, and the logistics/industrial machine was still behind the power curve, as we still had draftees running around with wooden rifles, stovepipes to simulate howitzers, and trucks playing "tank" in the North Carolina and Louisiana Maneuvers in 1940/41.
View Quote

I appreciate you trying but I’ve read a number of historians that show a very different perspective. To support that I’ve seen far more ruling through chaos and fear than intellectual debate and persuasion.

This was just the first example that showed up in a search.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Pretty neat video:

View Quote
He rode the lightning!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Multiple illumination rounds are up in Gaza. Some more booms again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Multiple illumination rounds are up in Gaza. Some more booms again.
View Quote

Yep, saw 3 illums on the live feed. Like 3 big orange candles lighting up the sky.

I wonder if the doorkickers went in looking for hostages yet..

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

HaHa

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fantomas:
Pretty neat video:

HaHa

Inshallah
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:44:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#30]
Originally Posted By Smash47:
This attack which I fully believed was planned and funded by Iran puts me firmly in the camp of those who believe that Iran should never be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons. Just like this attack they will fund it and plan it and support it then later claim..."it wasn't us, it was Hamas".

Much like the BS the Soviet Union tried during the cold war by arming Cuba with nukes pointed at us. If they launch them it wasn't us.

I'm not for putting US boots on the ground in Iran but a massive air attack using bunker busters and even shutting off their power grid needs to be done ASAP and sink every oil tanker leaving Iran and level every oil field.

Lets not forget that Obama and Potato gave Iran billions in cash funding not only funding this attack but many futures attacks.

They need to look into for example all these hundreds of paragliders...where did they come from? Who trained them and where? Probably bought online from western suppliers. Who paid for them? Where did the money come from? Blackhole? then we know where they came from.

Follow the money.

Iran.

Pretty sure Israel would have picked up on a mass paraglider training program in Gaza...but not in Iran.
View Quote

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/11/biden-officials-israel-briefing-house-republicans
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Potato giving a speech. Yelling, slurring, slamming the podium, slurring, whispering, slurring, moaning for air, pausing while he forgets names…
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#32]
The retard in chief is blabbering and yelling on TV again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Apparently all over X they are saying boots on ground now going in.

I can't link right now but it's all over
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Horrific footage of the Hamas Militants attack on Israeli Civilian

Viewer discretion advised: https://t.me/warragex/16122

View Quote
@SoCalExile I don't know what that was supposed to go to, but it rerouted me to the cnn homepage.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Skywarner:
Potato giving a speech. Yelling, slurring, slamming the podium, slurring, whispering, slurring, moaning for air, pausing while he forgets names
View Quote
It was pathetic.    "DON'T".     FJB
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Israelis try to break into Tel Hashomer Hospital in Tel Aviv.

They are furious that a Hamas terrorist infiltrator who was wounded while brutally attacking innocent Jews is now being treated there.

Israel's minister of health has demanded that terrorists who took part in the barbaric Hamas invasion not be treated in Israeli hospitals.

vid: https://t.me/ILtoday/2662
View Quote

I've treated wounded insurgents/terrorists/EPOW in other locations.  It's what civilized countries do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#38]
"I give you my word as a Biden"

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By azerious58:
Apparently all over X they are saying boots on ground now going in.

I can't link right now but it's all over
View Quote
There have been multiple instances of flares going up in northern Gaza on the live feed.

Seems quiet though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

He's using the term ISIS?

Recall Obama didn't want to call them ISIS. The left really gets into names and terms, usually to set a narrative. Lot's of faith in the power of language.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Prae:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prae:
Potato giving a speech. Yelling, slurring, slamming the podium, slurring, whispering, slurring, moaning for air, pausing while he forgets names

Haven't they found a speech capable body double for Joe yet?

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Potato giving a speech. Yelling, slurring, slamming the podium, slurring, whispering, slurring, moaning for air, pausing while he forgets names…
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Recall Obama didn't want to call them ISIS. The left really gets into names and terms, usually to set a narrative. Lot's of faith in the power of language.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Bathhouse Barry called them "ISIL."
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Pretty neat video:

View Quote

I hope it hurt.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:49:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BUCC_Guy] [#45]
Social media is often slathered in OLD footage being attributed to current matters.  There's a strong chance that paraglider is NOT recent footage.

Terrain and flora does look very northern Israel, however.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I think we need an “IN!” GIF from that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Pretty neat video:

I think we need an “IN!” GIF from that.

+1000
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

Why would a carrier be 20 miles off the coast?

That is what the escorts are for.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I was looking at a map of the Egypt/Gaza border and I noticed that everything on the Egyptian side was flattened…...I never knew that Egypt destroyed everything on their side in the mid 2010’s because of tunnels coming out of Gaza that were used to arm ISIS fighters in the Sinai
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#49]
HAPPENING NOW: Caroline Glick updates News Nation about the Israeli national unity government
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
Social media is often slathered in OLD footage being attributed to current matters.  There's a strong chance that paraglider is NOT recent footage.

Terrain and flora does look very northern Israel, however.
View Quote
The sound seemed like it was dubbed in.

Also, it honestly didn't even look like anyone was driving/flying it.
Page / 961
Israel currently under attack (Page 287 of 961)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top