Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
In a finite world the leaders at every level call for growth as an economic answer to everything in the world. It is comical that at the same time they think they can save the world by reduction.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
College professor is one of the most useless jobs in America
View Quote

because the left/Democrats made it that way.  It used to be and should be an honored and respected title.  Now it's a fucking joke
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"I mean, I don't want to be one of these people that says I told you so, but you know, for the last 100 years scientists have been warning that if we dump a lot of carbon into the atmosphere, we're going to get really hot temperatures, and we dumped a lot of carbon in the atmosphere and as a result temperatures are going up," explained Dessler.

This guy is both a liar and an ID10T. The crap that passes for professor material these days ...
View Quote

Que the Time magazine cover warning of global cooling.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
A Device For Making The Crazy Crazier

It's all so tiresome....
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
He should stop emitting carbon dioxide.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
A broken clock is right twice a day.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Dump investments into renewable energy and energy efficiency. Make America the world leader in clean energy generation, storage, and high tech industry. Profit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]
He should have his PhD rescinded.  

We have geo-engineering today and it's not used to benefit humanity.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Is Washington DC under water yet?

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He should have his PhD rescinded.  

We have geo-engineering today and it's not used to benefit humanity.
View Quote

Geo-engineering is risky business. It might have a lot of detrimental effects we haven't accounted for. Eg., what happens when we dumb hundreds of thousands of tons of iron phosphate into the ocean? What happens if we drop millions of tons of sulfur dioxide into the stratosphere?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Trust the experts. Trust the Science. Trust.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dump investments into renewable energy and energy efficiency. Make America the world leader in clean energy generation, storage, and high tech industry. Profit.
View Quote

lololol
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#14]
People are acting like we've never had droughts before, never had heat waves, never had tornadoes, never had hurricanes, etc, etc, etc....

It's called weather...it's unpredictable. If you think people can completely change the weather patterns on planet earth after only a couple hundred years of industry, you are nuts.

Looks and the average winter/summer/annual temp data from your stage for the last 100 years...........weather is doing it's normal thing, it fluctuates.

http://climate.missouri.edu/charts.php
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lololol
View Quote

You laugh but its already happening. The world is already flat for CO2 emissions, just as energy consumption is growing exponentially.

Renewable energy is also now cheaper than coal and natural gas. Once energy storage solutions go mainstream we might not see another gas plant built in our lifetime. Coal is already so noncompetitive that many American energy producers are looking to shut down even newly built plants decades early.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#16]

that guy is totally not a climate religion zealot at all...
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You laugh but its already happening. The world is already flat for CO2 emissions, just as energy consumption is growing exponentially.

Renewable energy is also now cheaper than coal and natural gas.
Once energy storage solutions go mainstream we might not see another gas plant built in our lifetime. Coal is already so noncompetitive that many American energy producers are looking to shut down even newly built plants decades early.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lololol

Renewable energy is also now cheaper than coal and natural gas.
Once energy storage solutions go mainstream we might not see another gas plant built in our lifetime. Coal is already so noncompetitive that many American energy producers are looking to shut down even newly built plants decades early.

How do you figure?  Are you saying that it's cheaper per kw/h to run your house all year long on solar vs. natural gas or electricity generated from coal?

I'd love to see the numbers supporting that.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

that guy is totally not a climate religion zealot globohomo groomer at all...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How do you figure?  Are you saying that it's cheaper per kw/h to run your house all year long on solar vs. natural gas or electricity generated from coal?

I'd love to see the numbers supporting that.....
View Quote

Yes, or at least to build the energy sources out. It will get cheaper and more efficient as solar technology evolves and wind turbines get bigger.

Further, coal adoption is falling and natural gas is flat. Wind and solar are seeing exponential growth. Hydropower is flat because most sources worldwide are already tapped.

And all this is without going into things like heat pump adoption, industry shifts, land use changes, etc..
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, or at least to build the energy sources out. It will get cheaper and more efficient as solar technology evolves and wind turbines get bigger.

http://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/26085.jpeg

Further, coal adoption is falling and natural gas is flat. Wind and solar are seeing exponential growth. Hydropower is flat because most sources worldwide are already tapped.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/exports/share-elec-by-source.svg

And all this is without going into things like heat pump adoption, industry shifts, land use changes, etc..
View Quote

"Global Weighted Cost without subsidies".......show me what it costs in the US without all the subsidies the government gives for solar power......

I don't care what the average global cost is...I care what the cost is here in the US.

And I'm assuming that "by source" is referring to the actual power plant itself....not what it costs the end user...right?    Why would the end user care how much it costs to build the actual plant?  If the solar plant costs 500M to build and a coal plant costs 800M to build.....but they can still buy electricity from coal at half the price....isn't that what really matters? Cost to the end user?

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Funny how nobody says anything when it's colder than normal.
View Quote

You mean like this past winter... in Texas?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Global Weighted Cost without subsidies".......show me what it costs in the US without all the subsidies the government gives for solar power......

I don't care what the average global cost is...I care what the cost is here in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Numbers from 2021:

Electricity from fossil fuels costs between 5 and 17 cents per kilowatt-hour. Solar energy costs average between 3 cents and 6 cents per kilowatt-hour and are trending down.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/solar-energy/solar-vs-fossil-fuels.html

Of course the sun doesn't always shine, but it does shine during the day when energy is most expensive and in demand.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Renewable energy is also now cheaper than coal and natural gas. Once energy storage solutions go mainstream we might not see another gas plant built in our lifetime. Coal is already so noncompetitive that many American energy producers are looking to shut down even newly built plants decades early.
View Quote

Uhhh what
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#25]
https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/07/18/green-energy-threatens-reliability-of-texas-us-electric-grids/

"Yet the high temperatures were not all that unusual for Texas this summer. So even though demand was pushing to near-record levels, the primary reason for the call for conservation was “wind generation [that] is currently generating significantly less than what it historically generated in this time period.” On Wednesday, some forced traditional outages and lower solar output (due to West Texas cloud cover) also contributed."
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Is that the moron that was on Rogan a few months ago? If so he was exceptionally bad in 'proving' man-made climate change and relied on emotional appeals and ad hominem attacks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is that the moron that was on Rogan a few months ago? If so he was exceptionally bad in 'proving' man-made climate change and relied on emotional appeals and ad hominem attacks.
View Quote

Yes. Came to say he was a douche on Rogan so not surprised he's still a douche
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#28]
given that he's an A&M professor, i discount his expertise.

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/07/18/green-energy-threatens-reliability-of-texas-us-electric-grids/

"Yet the high temperatures were not all that unusual for Texas this summer. So even though demand was pushing to near-record levels, the primary reason for the call for conservation was “wind generation [that] is currently generating significantly less than what it historically generated in this time period.” On Wednesday, some forced traditional outages and lower solar output (due to West Texas cloud cover) also contributed."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

“It feels a little bit frustrating because there was also a lot of thermal that was offline,” Rhodes said, referring to some natural gas, coal or nuclear power plants that were unexpectedly out of service last week when power demand crested. That included one plant operated by CPS Energy, which an official said was idled by an unplanned outage.

https://www.expressnews.com/business/article/As-Texas-gets-hotter-grid-operator-leaning-17318276.php

More gas, coal, and nuclear generation was unexpectedly offline than wind. Additionally, wind generation isn't expected to be a big piece of the pie during summer, as Texas sees less wind in the summer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Heard him on Rogan

Not a real scientist because he is towing the line

No room for new info for gim
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://www.kbtx.com/2022/07/21/heat-waves-are-getting-longer-more-extreme-its-not-too-late-change-that/
“I mean, I don’t want to be one of these people that says I told you so, but you know, for the last 100 years scientists have been warning that if we dump a lot of carbon into the atmosphere, we’re going to get really hot temperatures, and we dumped a lot of carbon in the atmosphere and as a result temperatures are going up,” explained Dessler.
View Quote

And for the last 100 years you and your colleagues have been setting continuously erring timelines as to when the climate apocalypse will take place. Your track record is zero in predicting the climate end of days. We were supposed to have total biosphere collapse at several points in the 80s 90s and 2ks.

You told us so? Brah your community has zero credibility.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Andrew Dessler can eat a bag of dicks.

Thanks and Gig ‘em
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah and for the last 100 years the same scientists have said the world would end in 10 years because of it. Yet here we are.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Texas has broken only two temp records this summer.  Both were from 1902.  Looks like he full of BS to me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fucking Aggies, man.  Fucking Aggies.
View Quote

Guess it's a good thing he's not an Aggie, huh?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#36]
*laughs in air conditioning*
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone who refers to man-made carbon dioxide emissions as a problem can instantly be ignored.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cherry picking short term temperature changes is intellectually dishonest. These folks greatly overestimated the significance of mankind on the earth sciences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cherry picking short term temperature changes is intellectually dishonest. These folks greatly overestimated the significance of mankind on the earth sciences.

Dessler is a fanatic. Won't even debate luke warmers:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/02/17/dessler-on-the-joe-rogan-experience-oy/

Andrew Dessler, a climatologist at Texas A&M University, will have nothing to do with any critics of climate alarm. This activist has pure scorn toward his intellectual and scientific doubters. “Angry Andy” is certain that climate science is settled and drop-everything alarming.

A deep ecologist (nature is optimal and fragile; human interference cannot be good), Dessler has long concluded that we are headed for (or already in) a climate dystopia. Any fair hearing of the less extreme view of global lukewarming/CO2 benefits would be a leak in the dike, one that could expand and take down the Wall of Climate Gloom.

But for now, the cancel culture is at work with climate science in particular. Michael Mann (Dessler’s colleague in arms) put it this way:

All of the noise right now from the climate change denial machine, the bots & trolls, the calls for fake ‘debates’, etc. Ignore it all. Deniers are desperate for oxygen in a mainstream media environment that thankfully is no longer giving it to them.

Report, block. Don’t engage.

Imagine an open-minded young person considering a career in climatology. He or she wants to really wants to probe the look-the-other-way areas of uncertainty with climate-feedback physics and with climate models. Seek and expand the frontiers of knowledge under the highest standards of the scientific method. Show professionalism and respect for the views of colleagues and others. Experience politeness and social skills, given and received.

That person best not enter into a profession where an Andrew Dessler or a Michael Mann or a John Holdren would sneer and blackball. Remember what Mann said about Judith Curry in Climategate: “I gave up on Judith Curry a while ago. I don’t know what she thinks she’s doing, but it’s not helping the cause, or her professional credibility.” Cancel Culture 101.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.kbtx.com/2022/07/21/heat-waves-are-getting-longer-more-extreme-its-not-too-late-change-that/

“BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - Some 120 million Americans are facing excessive heat warnings and advisories today. It’s no better in Europe,  . . .

. . . admits individual actions like driving less, eating less meat, and flying less can be beneficial, the best tool people have to fight climate change is their vote.”
View Quote

The above referenced article first appeared on page #87 of this publication . . .

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#40]
It’s called summer and we’re too used to air conditioning
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#41]
He has been on the news..........and is part of the "new generation of profs, on campus."

He says.....wind generation is down.....because of lower winds being produced.
He says.....solar generation is down....because it is more cloudy this time of year.
His solution..........do not use LNG clean powered power plants (to assist in meeting peak demands).......but build more wind farms and solar power.

You can thank a long term plan, called Vision 2020...that was implemented some time ago.
This is the result.......so A&M can be like every other liberal campus.  They are on a mission.
And....BTW John Sharp and Dr. Banks........bigger is NOT better.

Best......Gig'Em,
TexasAg
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

“BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - Some 120 million Americans are facing excessive heat warnings and advisories today. It’s no better in Europe, where unheard-of temperatures and drought conditions are generating devastating wildfires.

Andrew Dessler, the director of the Texas Center for Climate Studies and Texas A&M professor of Geosciences, joined First News at Four to discuss the cause of these extreme temperatures.

There’s no denying it’s a hot summer but the question is whether the heat will beat the record-breaking temperatures of 2011 or come in a close second.

“I mean, I don’t want to be one of these people that says I told you so, but you know, for the last 100 years scientists have been warning that if we dump a lot of carbon into the atmosphere, we’re going to get really hot temperatures, and we dumped a lot of carbon in the atmosphere and as a result temperatures are going up,” explained Dessler.

According to Dessler, due to climate change, heat waves are getting hotter and more frequent, but he believes it is not too late for things to change.

“There’s absolutely hope. I don’t want anybody to think that we can’t do anything about it, but the key word there is you’ve got to do something,” said Dessler.

While he believes it’s necessary to rebuild the energy infrastructure away from fossil fuels to renewable energy, Dessler admits that to make this possible people need to vote for elected leaders who see the risk of climate change.

Dessler sees Texans at a higher risk than most, explaining that “we have a long coastline so we’re vulnerable to sea level rise or vulnerable to hurricanes. We’re vulnerable to extreme precipitation events or vulnerable to extreme heat.”

While Dessler admits individual actions like driving less, eating less meat, and flying less can be beneficial, the best tool people have to fight climate change is their vote.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Choke on a bag of salty dicks. It’s got to be the same Retarded fuck who was on Rogan
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I predict a few decades down the road average temperatures will begin to drop and all we will hear is “Global cooling threatens our existence! End man-made global cooling now!! The next ice age is nigh!!”
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#45]
High of 89F today at my house in MS, we got 2 heat warnings. Think someone is fedgeting with the scale they used to use.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Until China and India change, anything we do is just pissing in the wind.  The agenda to force more changes on the first world is to destroy the first world.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#47]
These people are so full of shit.

It truly is a mental disorder.

The sun is on about an 11 year energy cycle.

The last time it was this hot was 12 years ago

It will be warm for the next 4-5 years and then cool a bit and get hot again, in 2033 or so.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yeah and for the last 100 years the same scientists have said the world would end in 10 years because of it. Yet here we are.
View Quote

Y you no trust the science?
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Lord knows the one constant about the weather is..............its always changing!!!

These people are nuts.......

So tiring.......

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top