Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By M1-Ed:

I've wrote before about the sound of something walking around upstairs in my bedroom in my Mom's house.

So last week my Mom and I are watching The Wheel or Jeopardy and the Footsteps start up. My Mom looks at me and ask "Do you hear that?" I told her yeah I do.

She says she hears someone walking around up there every now and then and it's not when I'm home.

I told her I hear the same thing but usually at night after she has gone to bed.

I've also heard it while we have been sitting together. But have not said anything

Again this is a new house. And as far as I know there is not an Indian Burial Ground under it.

Ed      
What about the wounded indian who climbed a tree and died 40 feet off the ground, 300 years ago, where your house is now?

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By kaos:

I've wrote before about the sound of something walking around upstairs in my bedroom in my Mom's house.

So last week my Mom and I are watching The Wheel or Jeopardy and the Footsteps start up. My Mom looks at me and ask "Do you hear that?" I told her yeah I do.

She says she hears someone walking around up there every now and then and it's not when I'm home.

I told her I hear the same thing but usually at night after she has gone to bed.

I've also heard it while we have been sitting together. But have not said anything

Again this is a new house. And as far as I know there is not an Indian Burial Ground under it.

Ed      
What about the wounded indian who climbed a tree and died 40 feet off the ground, 300 years ago, where your house is now?

Ed

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread is too good, and at only 35 pages, too YOUNG to die!
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kozaki:

this thread needs a government bail out
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 3:03:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
Originally Posted By kozaki:

this thread needs a government bail out

(At first, I put Here's Obammy, but then I realized how this all could have been construed, and a visit from the secret service is bad)

HERES THE FED!

Link Posted: 1/16/2013 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Ok, this isn’t quite creepy yet but it’s getting there. The
wife and I are casual ghost hunters (skeptics really but hopeful) and Civil War
buffs. While not actively looking for ghostly encounters since we’re skeptics
at heart, we do detour for them when the opportunity arises as well as
exploring any significant places of history from the war. One of the places we
pass almost weekly seems to hold potential to combine both, Spotsylvania
Courthouse here in VA,.

From the history books:

Close-range firing and hand-to-hand combat at Spotsylvania
Court House, Virginia, resulted in one of the most brutal battles of the Civil
War. After the Battle of the Wilderness (May 5-6, 1864), Generals Ulysses S.
Grant and Robert E. Lee raced respective Union and Confederate forces
southward. Grant aimed his army a dozen miles southeast of the Wilderness,
toward the critical crossroads of Spotsylvania Court House. Sensing Grant's
plan, Lee sent part of his army on a furious night march to secure the road junction
before the Union soldiers got there. The Confederates soon constructed a
five-mile long system of entrenchments in the shape of an inverted U.

On May 10, Grant began to attack Lee's position at
Spotsylvania. After achieving a temporary breakthrough at the Rebel center,
Grant was convinced that a weakness existed there, as the bend of the
Confederate line dispersed their fire. At dawn on May 12, Union General
Winfield Scott Hancock's troops emerged from the fog and overran the Rebel
trenches, taking nearly 3,000 prisoners and more than a dozen cannons. While
the Yankees erupted in celebration, the Confederates counterattacked and began
to drive the Federals back. The battle raged for over 20 hours along the center
of the Confederate line—the top of the inverted U—which became known as the
"Bloody Angle.
" Lee's men eventually constructed a second line of
defense behind the original Rebel trenches, and fighting ceased just before
dawn on May 13.

Around the Bloody Angle, the dead lay five deep, and bodies
had to be moved from the trenches to make room for the living. The action
around Spotsylvania shocked even the grizzled veterans of the two great armies.
Said one officer, "I never expect to be fully believed when I tell what I
saw of the horrors of Spotsylvania."

Ok, so prime country for both right? So, right before Christmas
we have friends that recounted a harrowing supernatural experience there, so
much so,  they refuse to go back.  That clinched it for us, we both exclaimed "we’re
going!!!”  A quick bit of internet
research shows Bloody Angle has been named by Haunted American Tours as one of
the top 10 haunted battlefields. There is no shortage of folks
claiming to have experiences there.  

A couple days later after meeting with those friends, we went
to the local wine warehouse to pick up a few bottles to give as Christmas presents
and decided to pick some local vineyards which is not typical for the wife and
I.  We strolled down the VA winery isle
and –completely randomly- I picked up the first bottle without so much as a
glance at the label, just wanting to check it out.  It was this

WTF
We told our ghost hunter friends about this very very odd and unlikely

Coincidence?? and they said it was some kind of sign saying we are meant to go, prodding from those lost souls, we will have something happen there...

Obviously, I did buy that bottle. We're going to take it with us when we go and have a glass or two there...

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Estallido:

Ok, this isn’t quite creepy yet but it’s getting there. Thewife and I are casual ghost hunters (skeptics really but hopeful) and Civil Warbuffs. While not actively looking for ghostly encounters since we’re skepticsat heart, we do detour for them when the opportunity arises as well asexploring any significant places of history from the war. One of the places wepass almost weekly seems to hold potential to combine both, SpotsylvaniaCourthouse here in VA,.

From the history books:

Close-range firing and hand-to-hand combat at SpotsylvaniaCourt House, Virginia, resulted in one of the most brutal battles of the CivilWar. After the Battle of the Wilderness (May 5-6, 1864), Generals Ulysses S.Grant and Robert E. Lee raced respective Union and Confederate forcessouthward. Grant aimed his army a dozen miles southeast of the Wilderness,toward the critical crossroads of Spotsylvania Court House. Sensing Grant'splan, Lee sent part of his army on a furious night march to secure the road junctionbefore the Union soldiers got there. The Confederates soon constructed afive-mile long system of entrenchments in the shape of an inverted U.

On May 10, Grant began to attack Lee's position atSpotsylvania. After achieving a temporary breakthrough at the Rebel center,Grant was convinced that a weakness existed there, as the bend of theConfederate line dispersed their fire. At dawn on May 12, Union GeneralWinfield Scott Hancock's troops emerged from the fog and overran the Rebeltrenches, taking nearly 3,000 prisoners and more than a dozen cannons. Whilethe Yankees erupted in celebration, the Confederates counterattacked and beganto drive the Federals back. The battle raged for over 20 hours along the centerof the Confederate line—the top of the inverted U—which became known as the"Bloody Angle." Lee's men eventually constructed a second line ofdefense behind the original Rebel trenches, and fighting ceased just beforedawn on May 13.

Around the Bloody Angle, the dead lay five deep, and bodieshad to be moved from the trenches to make room for the living. The actionaround Spotsylvania shocked even the grizzled veterans of the two great armies.Said one officer, "I never expect to be fully believed when I tell what Isaw of the horrors of Spotsylvania."

Ok, so prime country for both right? So, right before Christmaswe have friends that recounted a harrowing supernatural experience there, somuch so,  they refuse to go back.  That clinched it for us, we both exclaimed "we’regoing!!!”  A quick bit of internetresearch shows Bloody Angle has been named by Haunted American Tours as one ofthe top 10 haunted battlefields. There is no shortage of folksclaiming to have experiences there.  

A couple days later after meeting with those friends, we wentto the local wine warehouse to pick up a few bottles to give as Christmas presentsand decided to pick some local vineyards which is not typical for the wife andI.  We strolled down the VA winery isleand –completely randomly- I picked up the first bottle without so much as aglance at the label, just wanting to check it out.  It was this

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt143/estallido/Public/20130118_204050.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt143/estallido/Public/20130118_204119.jpg

WTF

Coincidence?? and they said it was some kind of sign saying we are meant to go, prodding from those lost souls, we will have something happen there...

Obviously, I did buy that bottle. We're going to take it with us when we go and have a glass or two there...

Cool story.

As a former LEO I don't believe in coincidences. Make sure you let us know what happens on your outing and take pictures.

Ed

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Ok, this isn’t quite creepy yet but it’s getting there. Thewife and I are casual ghost hunters (skeptics really but hopeful) and Civil Warbuffs. While not actively looking for ghostly encounters since we’re skepticsat heart, we do detour for them when the opportunity arises as well asexploring any significant places of history from the war. One of the places wepass almost weekly seems to hold potential to combine both, SpotsylvaniaCourthouse here in VA,.

From the history books:

Close-range firing and hand-to-hand combat at SpotsylvaniaCourt House, Virginia, resulted in one of the most brutal battles of the CivilWar. After the Battle of the Wilderness (May 5-6, 1864), Generals Ulysses S.Grant and Robert E. Lee raced respective Union and Confederate forcessouthward. Grant aimed his army a dozen miles southeast of the Wilderness,toward the critical crossroads of Spotsylvania Court House. Sensing Grant'splan, Lee sent part of his army on a furious night march to secure the road junctionbefore the Union soldiers got there. The Confederates soon constructed afive-mile long system of entrenchments in the shape of an inverted U.

On May 10, Grant began to attack Lee's position atSpotsylvania. After achieving a temporary breakthrough at the Rebel center,Grant was convinced that a weakness existed there, as the bend of theConfederate line dispersed their fire. At dawn on May 12, Union GeneralWinfield Scott Hancock's troops emerged from the fog and overran the Rebeltrenches, taking nearly 3,000 prisoners and more than a dozen cannons. Whilethe Yankees erupted in celebration, the Confederates counterattacked and beganto drive the Federals back. The battle raged for over 20 hours along the centerof the Confederate line—the top of the inverted U—which became known as the"Bloody Angle." Lee's men eventually constructed a second line ofdefense behind the original Rebel trenches, and fighting ceased just beforedawn on May 13.

Around the Bloody Angle, the dead lay five deep, and bodieshad to be moved from the trenches to make room for the living. The actionaround Spotsylvania shocked even the grizzled veterans of the two great armies.Said one officer, "I never expect to be fully believed when I tell what Isaw of the horrors of Spotsylvania."

Ok, so prime country for both right? So, right before Christmaswe have friends that recounted a harrowing supernatural experience there, somuch so,  they refuse to go back.  That clinched it for us, we both exclaimed "we’regoing!!!”  A quick bit of internetresearch shows Bloody Angle has been named by Haunted American Tours as one ofthe top 10 haunted battlefields. There is no shortage of folksclaiming to have experiences there.  

A couple days later after meeting with those friends, we wentto the local wine warehouse to pick up a few bottles to give as Christmas presentsand decided to pick some local vineyards which is not typical for the wife andI.  We strolled down the VA winery isleand –completely randomly- I picked up the first bottle without so much as aglance at the label, just wanting to check it out.  It was this

WTF

Cool story.

As a former LEO I don't believe in coincidences. Make sure you let us know what happens on your outing and take pictures.

Ed

If you survive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:

If you survive.

It would be cooler if he comes back and tells us how he died.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

If you survive.

It would be cooler if he comes back and tells us how he died.

...on the Coast to Coast AM show.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#12]

From the history books:

WTF

Cool story.

Ed

If you survive.

If you need backup, call me.  I live about a mile from Chancellorsville.

Link Posted: 1/29/2013 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay here's one that a dream last night made me think of. About 12 years ago i was 16, one night i had a very strange dream. I was at a doorway and when i stepped through there was this entity there, a silhouette in the shape of a person. it had dark circles where its eyes were and a dark opening for a mouth. it was very slender and had abnormally long fingers, or nails not sure. Anyways, i decide to ask this thing what it wants, it tells me it needs my help for something very important. I ask if it's going to hurt me and it laughs at me for this and said "no you are important to me, i will not hurt you". so i relax a little bit and then ask, "who are you?" it responds, "i'm nobody, but i'm also a little bit of everybody". it waves me off and disappears, before i leave it calls out "you are too kind".  i step out the doorway and wake up later.

went about my day like normal, everything was fine.

about a week later i stopped at a nearby hess to get a soda, i talked to the cashier for a bit who i've gotten to know since i started driving, and this man walks in on his cell phone, he looked homeless... well not homeless, but just really rough around the edges. he tells the cashier he got a call that his wifes at the hospital and he's freaking out and has no car. after some convincing he said he'd give me $20 to take him which was literally 3 miles away, me being a young idiot agreed. he gets in the car and immediately gives off weird vibes, but doesn't say a word. I notice after driving for a little he's just staring at me, with a smirk on his face. i was incredibly creeped out. I finally arrive at the hospital and he gets out and thanks me.

he says "i knew you would help me," and gave me a big smile

i stare at him with a weird look and and he softly says to me "you are too kind."  and he walks away towards the hospital doors

at this point i promptly drove off quickly and spent the rest of the night trying to figure out what the fuck i just did. i've convinced myself it was merely a coincidence with the dream thing but others have said different.
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
Okay here's one that a dream last night made me think of.

*snip*

at this point i promptly drove off quickly and spent the rest of the night trying to figure out what the fuck i just did. i've convinced myself it was merely a coincidence with the dream thing but others have said different.

Hey, even the Grim Reaper needs a lift now and then.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Okay here's one that a dream last night made me think of. About 12 years ago i was 16, one night i had a very strange dream. I was at a doorway and when i stepped through there was this entity there, a silhouette in the shape of a person. it had dark circles where its eyes were and a dark opening for a mouth. it was very slender and had abnormally long fingers, or nails not sure. Anyways, i decide to ask this thing what it wants, it tells me it needs my help for something very important. I ask if it's going to hurt me and it laughs at me for this and said "no you are important to me, i will not hurt you". so i relax a little bit and then ask, "who are you?" it responds, "i'm nobody, but i'm also a little bit of everybody". it waves me off and disappears, before i leave it calls out "you are too kind".  i step out the doorway and wake up later.

about a week later i stopped at a nearby hess to get a soda, i talked to the cashier for a bit who i've gotten to know since i started driving, and this man walks in on his cell phone, he looked homeless... well not homeless, but just really rough around the edges. he tells the cashier he got a call that his wifes at the hospital and he's freaking out and has no car. after some convincing he said he'd give me $20 to take him which was literally 3 miles away, me being a young idiot agreed. he gets in the car and immediately gives off weird vibes, but doesn't say a word. I notice after driving for a little he's just staring at me, with a smirk on his face. i was incredibly creeped out. I finally arrive at the hospital and he gets out and thanks me.

i stare at him with a weird look and and he softly says to me "you are too kind."  and he walks away towards the hospital doors

First off cool story. Creep factor hit an 8

As for any meaning in it;

Not a religious guy. Nor pushing any beliefs here. So take this has a thought from some guy.

It has been said that God visits people sometimes and ask for help that would inconvenience them (ask for their last slice of bread or a ride out of their way).

Some do and some don't. What happens to either group?

Ed

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Awesome story.

What are some other things people have said about it?  Basically what M1-Ed said above?

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Have any of you guys that have served experienced or heard about some crazy stories about the deserts of Iraq or Afghanistan?  Those would seem like some remote/scary places (especially at night) with ancient legends/histories.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Awesome story.

What are some other things people have said about it?  Basically what M1-Ed said above?

yeah, ed pretty much nailed it. some said it was the devil or a demon, even death going to take a life. some said it was an angel or god going to help a lost soul who just departed.

there was no sinister feeling, but i felt something. it was impossible to tell if this person/thing had good or bad intentions. since then i've had a few dreams where i met the shadowy figure again, but alot of times i couldn't remember the dialogue. sometimes it just seemed like it wanted to see me again.

there's also been some times where i've seen random people kind of watching me and got the same vibe that i had from my encounter with this "thing". weird stuff.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#19]

It has been said that God visits people sometimes and ask for help that would inconvenience them (ask for their last slice of bread or a ride out of their way).

Ed

Hebrews 13:1  Keep on loving each other as brothers.
2  Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
3  Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Our old house where MRs. IHJ and I raised most of our kids had a poltergeist almost from the time we moved in. Nothing malicious, but it would do its best to ruin what was an otherwise good sleep. Our bedroom was downstairs from where the kid's bedrooms were, and we would often hear someone walking around upstairs in the middle of the night. One of us, usually me because of insomnia, would go upstairs and find nothing but sleeping children. The ghost would also randomly tip stuff over in the kitchen at night; the trash can, glasses or dishes in the sink, roll pencils or pens off the counter onto the floor.

We looked at some other properties to rent after putting the house up for sale after 7 years living in it, and one particular property creeped the hell out of all of us. It was an apartment that was part of a large barn, built out in the middle of the woods a good ways from town. The barn itself had lots of stuff stored in it, which wasn't so bad, but the apartment was something else. It just had a weird vibe the entire time we were there, and the kids and I felt like we were somehow not welcome inside. What got us all to leave in a hurry was when we were looking in the bedrooms and found, "FEED ME!!" scrawled on the inside wall of a bedroom closet. We thanked the realtor and hauled ass for home.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By emsjeep:
Paddle faster; I hear banjos...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKGf-ruyKv1pjPrIi8J0KGTQ_AH0X5cvOnn03iZB0PhP7CANPS

Haha
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Banjaxed:
I moonlight as a paramedic and working EMS you will see all kinds of creepy and fucked up things. Every shift I go in I do so with the knowledge that there is a good chance my face will be the last or first thing a person sees as they leave or enter this world. The one that sends a chill up my spine though happened last year while I was still doing clinicals. We received a call to a nursing home for a unresponsive 87 year old woman. When we picked her up it was obvious she was not long for this world. She coded three times on us before we got her to the ER. What freaked me out though was when she became responsive briefly during transport. I was starting an IV and she just sprang to life, grabbed my arm with a strength unholy for a frail old woman, looked me square in the eye and in a raspy, guttural way quietly screamed my name. The look in her eyes was unlike anything I had seen before or since. It felt like she was starring straight into my soul.

What is so disturbing about that is that during no point had I introduced myself to her as she was unresponsive. Also being a dumb student I had forgotten my ID badge that day as well. I had never worked her before as a patient, nor meet her that I can recall in any capacity. Could be she mistook me for somebody else by the same name but it sure seemed meant for me. She died less than an hour after admission. To this day I still remember everything about that call like it just happened and it makes my blood run cold to remember her face and the way she called to me. Sometimes I close my eyes and still see that face.

That's some exorcism style shit right there...
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By southernrebel:
DAMNIT i am sitting in a house in the woods nothing on but the computer reading this shit and the room i am in is next to the kitchen and as i am reading the "grandpa" story the fucking ice machine dumps!!!!!!!

Excuse me while i change my boxers.....

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sweptvolume:
Good one EasTexan!

I was driving home one night and as I pulled up to the garage, I saw a dark form standing under our old sodium vapor lamp. Strange thing was, neither the light from the lamp, nor the light from my SUV actually illuminated it.  

I put the truck in park, grabbed a light jacket from the seat beside me, and stepped out, fully expecting to have found a lost child. As I got halfway to it, two eyes opened and shined brightly from within the dark form.

At this point I am scared shitless, but before I could do anything besides stare in sheer terror, it left.

I am going to assume that this is the point you proceeded inside to change your boxers...
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:29:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Banjaxed:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3084/3229466444_5a091666a4.jpg

Well I'm off to dream sweet dreams. Keep em coming guys. I have a 48 hour shift tomorrow.

Fuck Clowns...Seriously
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 12:43:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Clot11:
Originally Posted By sweptvolume:
Good one EasTexan!

I was driving home one night and as I pulled up to the garage, I saw a dark form standing under our old sodium vapor lamp. Strange thing was, neither the light from the lamp, nor the light from my SUV actually illuminated it.  

I put the truck in park, grabbed a light jacket from the seat beside me, and stepped out, fully expecting to have found a lost child. As I got halfway to it, two eyes opened and shined brightly from within the dark form.

At this point I am scared shitless, but before I could do anything besides stare in sheer terror, it left.

I am going to assume that this is the point you proceeded inside to change your boxers...

I was freaked out, yeah, but more confused than anything.

The whole of the experiences in that house would make a kick-ass book. Too bad I'm a crappy writer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 9:12:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: optimus] [#27]
The former Ranger at the Scout camp I worked at from '07-'09 was a fan of cherry cigars, at least according to the older staff that have been working off and on for a few decades.  I never met him, since he died well before I knew of the camp.  However, sure as shit, I can't even count the number of times I'd be walking from the Dining Hall back to Staff Lodge at 11pm or later and catch a strong smell of cherry tobacco drifting across the parade ground.  Never any mallice or bad feelings, and from what I hear the man was always friendly and he honestly just loved Camp enough that he's decided to hang around.

Originally Posted By Fingersoup:
Have any of you guys that have served experienced or heard about some crazy stories about the deserts of Iraq or Afghanistan?  Those would seem like some remote/scary places (especially at night) with ancient legends/histories.

Not anything too crazy, but a little over a month ago I was out working a road project in Khakrez District, and we were RONing for the duration of the project (INF element would move in and secure an area, RCP would clear it, and we'd "circle the wagons" for the night.)  The first night I parked my truck on the perimeter, overlooking a waddi, and an AUP (Afghan Uniformed Police) strongpoint probably about a kilometer out, almost directly in front of us.

If you've ever tried to sleep sitting in the driver's seat of an MRAP, in gear... you'll understand why I probably spent more time awake than I did asleep.  At sometime around 0200, I noticed a light over where the SP should be.  I couldn't see shit through my NVG, and I asked my gunner if he saw anything in the thermal mounted to the M2.  Nothing, but the SP was most likely just too far away to really see much with them.  After a while the light kinda drifts off to our right, and cuts out, much like a truck driving past and turning away around a curve or behind some terrain.  I didn't see any tail lights, but that's not uncommon with the LN vehicles around here.

After a while, starts to get light out, and while the AUP Strongpoint sure as shit is in that direction, there's sort of a small mountain between us...  No compounds, just a couple fields and a grape hut, and all well within the range of our thermal.  I'd say it was just sleep deprived crazyness messing with my head, but my gunner saw it too, so I still don't know what the fuck.  No ICOMs chatter reported in the area at that time either.  Didn't really think anything of it until I was reading through this thread today.

Nothing really spooky from my last tour in '04-'05... just some late night hijinks created by two-legged bandits and quickly shut up by a couple Apaches.

I need to look up some of the myths and legends around here.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I've wrote about this new place that I live in with my Mother. My oldest Brother and I built it back in '08 as she had had her left leg amputated and her old house would not accommodate a wheelchair without extensive work.
In the past week or so I have been seeing fleeting images in the corner of my eyes. Sometimes it's like a shadow and couple of times it's been a figure. The last one was a woman that was walking out of my Mom's room. As I turned to look straight at her, there was nothing there.
But the strange thing was Monday morning I wake up and start getting dressed. But I can't find my cooperator shorts anywhere. I take them (or other tactical pants/shorts) and put them on the chair next to the bed the same way every night. But now their not there. So I throw on another pair of Tacitcooperator's (tm) and start my search. Nothing. NaDa. ButKiss.
So I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth and think "there's still one room I haven't searched". It's a little walk-in closet/storage space behind my bathroom. You have to go into the bathroom to get to it. So I walk in there and there are my Tacticooloperator (tm) shorts laid out on top of my reloading equipment like someone just got done ironing them.
WTF?
I know it wasn't my Mom that put them there as her wheelchair can't go up steps. And there's noway she could have crawled up here?
Oh. Almost forgot. Sometimes when I wake up, I will find that the TV has been turned back on.
I guess I'll report back when the Indian bodies start coming through the floor.
Ed
ps; read this a very long time ago about God and hospitals:
Children in hospitals that are very sick or injured hold or prop their right arms/hands up to ask God for help. I use to do this. But I do not need help anymore.

Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Clot11:
Originally Posted By southernrebel:
DAMNIT i am sitting in a house in the woods nothing on but the computer reading this shit and the room i am in is next to the kitchen and as i am reading the "grandpa" story the fucking ice machine dumps!!!!!!!

Excuse me while i change my boxers.....

I may have mentioned this already... I was in a guard house on a cold windy night, rain pouring outside, etc. etc. The wind was so bad you could see the windows flexing.

I put on a pot of coffee and sat down to read a book. A Steven King novel yet. Just as the monster was being introduced, red eyes and long spiky  claws, etc... the Mr. Coffee let out a long, loud

UUUUUMMMMMPPHHHHH.

This was back when I had hair, and every one of 'em was standing on end!
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Reminds me of the old testament story, I forget the chapter or name of the man in the story,  But God tests him by killing his son and seeing if he still praises God.  Obviously somewhat different, but the testing you part is what reminded me of it.  Then the advice as if he is giving you a little freebie to be more cautious of people.
Cool story, it is a creepy one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By LKB3rd:

Reminds me of the old testament story, I forget the chapter or name of the man in the story,  But God tests him by killing his son and seeing if he still praises God.  Obviously somewhat different, but the testing you part is what reminded me of it.  Then the advice as if he is giving you a little freebie to be more cautious of people.

i remember that story, dont really know the details i've never read anything religious. maybe this thing owes me one now, who knows.

now one thing i dont understand, if this was a god/devil type thing why approach me, i dont want to step on anyones toes but i'm not a religious person by any means so i just dont understand why i was thought of.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Book of Job. Lots of lessons to be learned there and one of the Old Testament books that has been picked apart by many Theologians.

Carry on with the stories.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By LKB3rd:

Book of Job.

Bottom line message of the book is: Who do you think you are to attempt to judge God?
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 2:20:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By optimus:
The former Ranger at the Scout camp I worked at from '07-'09 was a fan of cherry cigars, at least according to the older staff that have been working off and on for a few decades.  I never met him, since he died well before I knew of the camp.  However, sure as shit, I can't even count the number of times I'd be walking from the Dining Hall back to Staff Lodge at 11pm or later and catch a strong smell of cherry tobacco drifting across the parade ground.  Never any mallice or bad feelings, and from what I hear the man was always friendly and he honestly just loved Camp enough that he's decided to hang around.

Not anything too crazy, but a little over a month ago I was out working a road project in Khakrez District, and we were RONing for the duration of the project (INF element would move in and secure an area, RCP would clear it, and we'd "circle the wagons" for the night.)  The first night I parked my truck on the perimeter, overlooking a waddi, and an AUP (Afghan Uniformed Police) strongpoint probably about a kilometer out, almost directly in front of us.

If you've ever tried to sleep sitting in the driver's seat of an MRAP, in gear... you'll understand why I probably spent more time awake than I did asleep.  At sometime around 0200, I noticed a light over where the SP should be.  I couldn't see shit through my NVG, and I asked my gunner if he saw anything in the thermal mounted to the M2.  Nothing, but the SP was most likely just too far away to really see much with them.  After a while the light kinda drifts off to our right, and cuts out, much like a truck driving past and turning away around a curve or behind some terrain.  I didn't see any tail lights, but that's not uncommon with the LN vehicles around here.

After a while, starts to get light out, and while the AUP Strongpoint sure as shit is in that direction, there's sort of a small mountain between us...  No compounds, just a couple fields and a grape hut, and all well within the range of our thermal.  I'd say it was just sleep deprived crazyness messing with my head, but my gunner saw it too, so I still don't know what the fuck.  No ICOMs chatter reported in the area at that time either.  Didn't really think anything of it until I was reading through this thread today.

Nothing really spooky from my last tour in '04-'05... just some late night hijinks created by two-legged bandits and quickly shut up by a couple Apaches.

There is a story buried in the back pages of the original creepy thread (not this one) someplace about a soldier in Iraq who saw what he thought was a demon.

It is creepy as fuck.

Sorry but I have no idea where it is anymore.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 3:30:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: noob5000000] [#35]
FFFFUUUUUUU-

I'm only on page one of this thread, but in the middle of one of the stories my cat decided to jump in my lap.

I've been lucky enough to avoid anything really creepy. The only thing I can think of is seeing a roughly man-sized shadow at the foot of my bed one night a few years ago. It looked like it walked in through my door, then kind of 'melted', like someone doing the fake stairs thing in front of a window. But, I had probably just woken up, I didn't have my glasses on, and I often fell asleep with the TV on, so who knows.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 5:48:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I have attempted to locate our house in Google Maps this is the best I could do.

M1-ED's old house

I have not been back there since I left in 76. A lot has changed there. But I did not know just how much until I tried to find the place. It looks more like Kansas farmland than Washington forest.

Ed

eta: our place would be on the North Side of the road. With the path that runs off at a 45deg angle. I do not see any of the out-buildings or sign of the pond which should be in the NW corner of the Trees.

I've heard the same type of sound when I was out for one of th wahtf lcrs,
And heard and seen some pretty weird whit out the by myself
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By noob5000000:

FFFFUUUUUUU-

I'm only on page one of this thread, but in the middle of one of the stories my cat decided to jump in my lap.

I've been lucky enough to avoid anything really creepy. The only thing I can think of is seeing a roughly man-sized shadow at the foot of my bed one night a few years ago. It looked like it walked in through my door, then kind of 'melted', like someone doing the fake stairs thing in front of a window. But, I had probably just woken up, I didn't have my glasses on, and I often fell asleep with the TV on, so who knows.

I am sorry for the lose of your cat.

Ed

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miracle_Pants] [#38]

Originally Posted By 6winchester2:

There is a story buried in the back pages of the original creepy thread (not this one) someplace about a soldier in Iraq who saw what he thought was a demon.

It is creepy as fuck.

Sorry but I have no idea where it is anymore.

You mean this story?

ETA: I don't know why the damn wysiwyg editor isn't doing the quotes right but I can't seem to fix it, oh well.

Originally Posted By RedneckMalcontent:

Regurgitated from: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4771

By groundpounder (1 stories) (0 posts)

Date: 2008-12-15

Category: Non Human Entities
I served in the United States Army in the Infantry with the 101st Airborne. While I was in active duty I was deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. My unit spent most of our time in Mosul Iraq in the northern part of the country.

Mosul is a very old city, there are sections where you would find holes in the street and if you looked down into them you could see where city had been built upon older cities.

During the time of this occurrence (June 2003) we had just dealt with a riot by the local Iraqi people who were upset at the corrupt local police. So to help rectify the problem we fired or arrested the majority of the police. This meant to keep the police stations in the city secure we had to then provide security and twenty four hour guard on them.

My squad had been tasked with a twelve hour night time rotation at a certain police station. The station was a three story building in a very cramped and tightly condensed area of the city. The street in front of the station was only about a car and half wide. And directly across the street was a Mosque with at least ten foot walls. There were roads on either side of the Mosque intersecting into the road in front of the station.

My self and two other guys from my squad were sitting on the balcony of the second floor of the station pulling security on our shift. It was sometime in the night, if I had to guess I would say it was sometime around 0230. While on guard we would use the lights on our rifles to illuminate any car that drove by so we could see if there were any sort of weapons in the vehicle and stuff like that. We heard a car driving towards us from one of the side road on the Mosque, so we got ready with our lights to illuminate the car when it came into view.

Once we saw the car we shined our lights into the vehicle directing the light towards the driver. The drive had a typical reaction to the surefire light (which is blindingly intense) by squinting his eyes and attempting to look away from the light. The passenger had a much different reaction. His eyes seemed to glow with intensity by the light. He stared right back at the light almost looking through it and at us, it was very eerie. At the time the best we could describe his eyes were that of a cat in the dark with a flashlight shined in its face.

I have never heard of a person's eye's being able to reflect light like that before or anything you could purchase to do such things, especially in a second or third world country.

Well after I got back to the United States the movie "The exorcism of Emily Rose" came out. So my then girlfriend, now wife and I went to see the movie. I now describe the mans eye's as looking exactly like Emily's did in the barn when the she named off all the Demons which possessed her. I am completely convinced what I saw that night in Iraq was demonic or an individual who was possessed.

This is a good one too:

Originally Posted By SKWhitlc:

In 2005 early 2006 in Jalabad Afghanistan.

We were having a boring day, nothing had been going on for about a week. Everything was quiet and going good. Had just come back from a vehicle patrol and was counting everything getting ready to put the boys in the rack. All of a sudden, all the radios come to life. Someone on the other end is screaming about being ambushed and getting whacked to pieces.

Everyone in earshot gets that " Oh shit" look on their faces, and I yell at my APL to get the trucks reloaded and have everyone suited up and ready to roll in 5 minutes while I run to the COC and find out where we are needed. As I enter the COC, it is hopping. Radios going off, guy still screaming, guns going off.

The RO is trying to break in and find out who is in contact. Jump on BN freq and ask them who is in contact and if we need to roll to them. BN says everyone reports negative contact and to stand by. BN gets in contact with higher, who is also recieving the transmission, and they report all units are reporting negative contact.

Radios going crazy, you can hear all kinds of screaming; people in pain, people screaming to break contact... and suddenly we hear " Get that GD 60 rolling! " We all look at each other and ask 60? as in the machinegun? Voice comes back screaming about " Get the pig going! Get it going! " Then, he starts screaming in pain, and the transmission cuts out.

No one had contact that day. No one. That was the freaking thing that ever happened to me. Had a nightmare about it that night.

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Ghosts and evil spirits don't exist. End of story.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By IAmA_EricHolder_AMA:

click*

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Holy cow! Thank god you came along, now we can delete this useless thread!
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#42]

I'm willing to bet hospital security cam shows you pulling up with an empty passenger seat, passenger door opens, closes, you drive away.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By Ironhandjohn:

Our old house where MRs. IHJ and I raised most of our kids had a poltergeist almost from the time we moved in. Nothing malicious, but it would do its best to ruin what was an otherwise good sleep. Our bedroom was downstairs from where the kid's bedrooms were, and we would often hear someone walking around upstairs in the middle of the night. One of us, usually me because of insomnia, would go upstairs and find nothing but sleeping children. The ghost would also randomly tip stuff over in the kitchen at night; the trash can, glasses or dishes in the sink, roll pencils or pens off the counter onto the floor.

We looked at some other properties to rent after putting the house up for sale after 7 years living in it, and one particular property creeped the hell out of all of us. It was an apartment that was part of a large barn, built out in the middle of the woods a good ways from town. The barn itself had lots of stuff stored in it, which wasn't so bad, but the apartment was something else. It just had a weird vibe the entire time we were there, and the kids and I felt like we were somehow not welcome inside. What got us all to leave in a hurry was when we were looking in the bedrooms and found, "FEED ME!!" scrawled on the inside wall of a bedroom closet. We thanked the realtor and hauled ass for home.

Yeah...that's a bit fucked up

Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By robplumm:

Originally Posted By Ironhandjohn:

Yeah...that's a bit fucked up

When I sell this house I am going to mount a set of leg shackles to the wall in my basement pantry, and scrawl this in blood on the wall.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#45]
A few months ago my brother in law invited me to go duck/goose hunting with him and a few other guys.  This was my first time hunting game birds other than dove, so I was pumped about it.  I was supposed to meet up with all the guys at 430 am at one of their houses in the country.  When I left my house I remember thinking something didn't feel right.  It was really cold that morning, still dark, damp and overcast.  
  The feeling of something wrong got worse as I was driving, so I lit up a cigarette to calm me down/set my mind at ease.  Well that cigarette, paired with the anxiety and coffee instantly made me have to go to the bathroom.  I didn't want to be uncomfortable all morning in the duck blind holding it in, so I decided to make a quick stop.
   A few miles down the road,  I pulled up to a crusty old gas station, wasn't even sure if they were open, but there was a light on.  I noticed right away it was one of those places where the restrooms were accessable from outside on the side of the building.  A bell clanged as I walked into the place to ask for the key, but I didn't see anybody.  Hello? Hello! I said... butt nothing...  no one came.  That's weird, so I went back outside to see if maybe the restrooms were unlocked.  Tried the men's, nope locked... Fuck!  Tried the women's, and it was open.  
  The rusty door creeeeeaaked as I shoved it open.  What I saw next  has been burned into my mind for all of eternity.  A woman, nearly 300lbs, was in a 3 point stance  like a football player in front of the toilet facing away.  She immediately turned and we made eye contact.  I quickly apologized and turned away, but it was too late. I'd seen too much. I saw everything, and she knew it.  But like an electric bug zapper or a horrible car crash I couldn't look away...I was frozen.... then she yelled, " get the hell outa here"!  It startled me and  I quickly scrambled out of the bathroom, but I knew my life had forever been changed.  I got in my truck and drove away from that gas station as fast as I could.  Never again will I walk into a restroom without knocking... Ever!
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Maybe, maybe not.

But creepy threads provide entertainment, and we enjoy them for that reason even if we don't always necessarily believe everything we read in them.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#47]
So a fat nekkid lady was pooping on the floor?
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Just watched paranormal activity 4 then reading this stuff, I'm gonna be messed up for months.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 12:42:11 AM EDT
[#49]
... thank you for your service to our Country, and apologies for Obama

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Ox6603:

I'm willing to bet hospital security cam shows you pulling up with an empty passenger seat, passenger door opens, closes, you drive away.

ugh dont say that. i would probably shit myself
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top