Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#2]
A lifetime of being told how fantastically eloquent everything she says is and I'm sure she believes it. You see it in celebrities , they believe their own hype and they get weird.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I’m perplexed.

I find myself agreeing with FHB on this one.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You left out Homewrecker.
View Quote

If Joe was single at the time, wouldn't that make Joe the homewrecker?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want a Choco Taco
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is more of a west coast term than a Texas term.  Here in Texas back in the 60’s and 70’s people were more frequently referred to by the primary language they spoke like Spanish people, German people, Polish people.  The typical racial slurs were Messican, pinche gringo, square heads, chinos, or los negro.  There was a term for the local American Indians, but I Chan remember it now. It was primarily used by the Hispanics.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or beaners.

That is more of a west coast term than a Texas term.  Here in Texas back in the 60’s and 70’s people were more frequently referred to by the primary language they spoke like Spanish people, German people, Polish people.  The typical racial slurs were Messican, pinche gringo, square heads, chinos, or los negro.  There was a term for the local American Indians, but I Chan remember it now. It was primarily used by the Hispanics.

@Palm

I haven't heard "beaner" her (yes a ton in Cali), but they usually just call all Hispanics "Mexicans". At least rural.

My wife just says "gringo/gringa", "negritos"- for ANY dark skin, & "chinitos"- for ANY Asians.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Here in Texas they are. That’s about it. Everywhere else you get breakfast burritos.

And by the way, Mexican food isn’t supposed to be covered in Velveeta cheese and Fritos corn chips. Tex-Mex is an abomination.

Sorry, I love just about everything about Texas except Tex-Mex. As much as it pains me to say anything positive about California, that’s where you go to get real Mexican food outside of Mexico.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck yes they are.

And Jill Biden is a fucking moron.

Here in Texas they are. That’s about it. Everywhere else you get breakfast burritos.

And by the way, Mexican food isn’t supposed to be covered in Velveeta cheese and Fritos corn chips. Tex-Mex is an abomination.

Sorry, I love just about everything about Texas except Tex-Mex. As much as it pains me to say anything positive about California, that’s where you go to get real Mexican food outside of Mexico.

@SnowboundinNH

I kind of agree. But San Antonio, has the California-type Mexican food, that I grew up on in California & my MIL & wife make.

Further north Texas.... bleh...
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actual Mexican food fucking sucks. Tex-Mex is where the flavor is. Sorry you feel this way. Leave if you want
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actual Mexican food fucking sucks. Tex-Mex is where the flavor is. Sorry you feel this way. Leave if you want

@Gator96

TexMex suuuckks bro! Sorry, there isn't ANY flavor in it.

I wonder if you have ever had real Mexican food?

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

TexMex is a blend of several different origins, including German. The states in Mexico that have the most influence are Tamaulipas, Nuevo León, and Coahuila with Nuevo León being the most prominent due to trade routes and financial power.

The food in California is more similar to the food in the Mexican states of Michoacán and Jalisco. Again following the trade routes out of Mexico City to the Pacific Ocean where ships were used to conduct trade with California.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are YOU PEOPLE eating? WTF?

Also Tex mex never was Mexican food.  It's Tex mex and superior.

TexMex is a blend of several different origins, including German. The states in Mexico that have the most influence are Tamaulipas, Nuevo León, and Coahuila with Nuevo León being the most prominent due to trade routes and financial power.

The food in California is more similar to the food in the Mexican states of Michoacán and Jalisco. Again following the trade routes out of Mexico City to the Pacific Ocean where ships were used to conduct trade with California.

@Palm

That makes sense. My MIL is from Michoacan & my FIL is from Tepic, Nayarit-north east of Jalisco.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#14]
At least they told her not to pronounce it Take-oh.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@Gator96

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Gator96

I love the Mexican food out here in El Paso!

Texmex is no bueno
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Texmex is no bueno
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Gator96

Texmex is no bueno

El Paso knows how.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#17]
At least she didn't say Taco Benders
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@Gator96

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#20]
tacos?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@Palm

I haven't heard "beaner" her (yes a ton in Cali), but they usually just call all Hispanics "Mexicans". At least rural.

My wife just says "gringo/gringa", "negritos"- for ANY dark skin, & "chinitos"- for ANY Asians.
View Quote
Listen up barbarian.  TexMex is superior to Mexican for the same reasons that American Pizza is better than Italian Pizza.  Immigrants came to this country and found an abundance of meat and cheese.  So they added these wonderful ingredients to their food.  Boring Eggplant Parmesan becomes Veal Parmesan.  Sad little tortilla shells get stuffed with meat, and cheese, and other goodies.  

tl;dr verions: 'Merica!
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Jill Biden Lands Exciting New Advertising Role...
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bogedahs. Lol

Someone is playing a cruel joke on us. There is no way the Biden family can be this bad.
View Quote

But they do...

Poll, who has the least brain cells, Jill, Cumula, or FJB?
Right now, I'd say it's a pretty even race
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Some article posted earlier had a woman saying "We are not tacos" lol  Imagine the clown world we live in where that is an actual sentence being spoken by someone to a politician.  "We are not tacos."  lol!
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Listen up barbarian.  TexMex is superior to Mexican for the same reasons that American Pizza is better than Italian Pizza.  Immigrants came to this country and found an abundance of meat and cheese.  So they added these wonderful ingredients to their food.  Boring Eggplant Parmesan becomes Veal Parmesan.  Sad little tortilla shells get stuffed with meat, and cheese, and other goodies.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Palm

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#32]
No one here at work sees then as a big deal, everyone’s hispanic down here, btw.  Hell as a hispanic myself,  I fail to see what the big deal’s about.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Bogedahs. Lol

Someone is playing a cruel joke on us. There is no way the Biden family can be this bad.
View Quote

Do they do it on purpose, gloating and rubbing our noses in it about how bad they can be and no one calls them on it?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That is a slap in the face to trailer trash!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.....they actually are trailer trash.

That is a slap in the face to trailer trash!
Most people who live in trailers actually work and contribute something to society. Unlike the Bidens.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No one here at work sees then as a big deal, everyone’s hispanic down here, btw.  Hell as a hispanic myself,  I fail to see what the big deal’s about.
View Quote

What kind of taco do you most identify with?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@SnowboundinNH

I kind of agree. But San Antonio, has the California-type Mexican food, that I grew up on in California & my MIL & wife make.

Further north Texas.... ,bleh...
View Quote

@skid2041

My wife is from La Puente and I lived in Rancho Cucamonga for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Imagine if FLOTUS Melania made those comments.

Liberal melt down.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Ran across this just now:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Al pastor. The real deal though; cooked on a vertical spit. The vast majority of places around here, at least, fry marinated pork and call it al pastor...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b5/98/7d/b5987d0d2e3fa81ec090a58337cafb2e.jpg
View Quote

Damn!! That picture made me hungry as all get out!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Arepa
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@skid2041

My wife is from La Puente and I lived in Rancho Cucamonga for a couple of years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@SnowboundinNH

Further north Texas.... ,bleh...

@skid2041

@SnowboundinNH

LA Puente, yikes. Rancho was were the company I worked for headquarters was. I know a bunch has changed.

I grew up in Goleta. Where UCSB is.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pastelito
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@SnowboundinNH

LA Puente, yikes. Rancho was were the company I worked for headquarters was. I know a bunch has changed.

I grew up in Goleta. Where UCSB is.
View Quote

UCSB is actually in Isla Vista
Roy
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Question.....

What would Jill call this:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A lot of the Mexicans I've worked with over the years did NOT like Cubans.
View Quote

That is because Cubans are Spaniards!  If you don’t believe me, then ask one. They will set you straight.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top