Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
FBI approved 6920 with Troy Accessorizes.
You couldn't make that story up if you tried.
Codename Weaver model?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
OP:  Regardless of what you paid for it, I'd keep it mint for a while to see what really comes out of Colt's announcement to suspend production.

If it's temporary, you can shoot it and accessorize it all you want.  If, however, a few years go by and Colt still hasn't resumed AR production then you should be able to sell it for a premium and buy two of something else.  I've done it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the OP is wise.  I see Buds has no colt rifles for sale except for 2 retro models.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is a NIB 2013 production over-run from a Colt FBI contract.  Minimal collector value, and not worth the premium I paid.

However, it's my rifle.  In this country, simply being able to say that held a sense of gravity.  Now it appears we have a flock of self-righteous dollar-minded pansies floating about.

You have not the forbearance even to understand your shame, such children are you.  Reason is beyond your ken.

On a random purchase by myself.

How many of you ***wipes could claim to have done better to have walked home with a rifle with a better story than this on a fine Wednesday morning?
View Quote
You posted in GD as if you got a deal, then get angry at people stating you got bent over....

Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Colt hates veterans.
View Quote
Colt hates itself.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe the OP is wise.  I see Buds has no colt rifles for sale except for 2 retro models.
View Quote
You can find Magpul furniture kits for like $130 and there are Colt OEM’s for $600-700.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Codename Weaver model?
View Quote
ARE YOU IMPAIRED?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Only 5 responders actually graduated from READING IS FUNDAMENTAL class.  This is a overproduction of an FBI contract gun.

From GunBroker.com:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/824181766

"The LE6920-FBP1 is not a production model offered from Colt. This was part of a contract overrun that Colt had done for the FBI. This model features flip ups sights and a 11” Troy Alpa free float rail from Troy Industries. This model is built based off the 6920 line with the added accessories approved by the FBI."
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You posted in GD as if you got a deal, then get angry at people stating you got bent over....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is a NIB 2013 production over-run from a Colt FBI contract.  Minimal collector value, and not worth the premium I paid.

However, it's my rifle.  In this country, simply being able to say that held a sense of gravity.  Now it appears we have a flock of self-righteous dollar-minded pansies floating about.

You have not the forbearance even to understand your shame, such children are you.  Reason is beyond your ken.

On a random purchase by myself.

How many of you ***wipes could claim to have done better to have walked home with a rifle with a better story than this on a fine Wednesday morning?

ARE YOU IMPAIRED ALSO?

I evididently paid only $300 i premium from what Gun Broker was offering:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Only 5 responders actually graduated from READING IS FUNDAMENTAL class.  This is a overproduction of an FBI contract gun.

From GunBroker.com:

"The LE6920-FBP1 is not a production model offered from Colt. This was part of a contract overrun that Colt had done for the FBI. This model features flip ups sights and a 11” Troy Alpa free float rail from Troy Industries. This model is built based off the 6920 line with the added accessories approved by the FBI."
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Golly, all the hate.

I'm wealthy and retired.  I have a $7,200 R/C U-BOAT on order for to play with on a neighborhood 4 acre pond.

Allow me my indulgences.  No need for petty remarks!

View Quote
So you're wealthy and retired .   who cares .   You won't be wealthy long if you keep up the over paying for toys .

Plus I have good information that I bought the last Colt  from PSA.  Much cheaper .  

gd
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I paid $740 with tax to buy mine at Walmart.
View Quote
Thats about what I paid.  I asked the counter clerk if I could put it in my basket and go buy bread, milk, and eggs to go with it but they said NO.

All this Colt talk has me wondering what model I have.

It says M4 Carbine CAL 5.56 MM
and has an LE prefix on SN

Is this the same gun the OP purchased for $1500?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ARE YOU IMPAIRED ALSO?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190912_155913_jpg-1088575.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190912_231112_jpg-1088577.JPG

From GunBroker.com:

View Quote
Troy? GD favorite....

The OEM is the 6920 without furniture and is available with either a low profile gas block or an FSB for $600-700... you could put whatever rail stock and pistol grip on it you want and still come in under a grand.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#12]
So a $700 rifle with a $100 rail for $1500. Lol.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thats about what I paid.  I asked the counter clerk if I could put it in my basket and go buy bread, milk, and eggs to go with it but they said NO.

View Quote
If you describe the lower roll marks, the barrel profile, and the furniture it has it should be fairly easy to figure out what you've got.  Walmart did have 6920's, M4 profile barrels with the traditional waffle stocks and M4 handguards for a time; then they blew them out on the cheap...
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Troy? GD favorite....

The OEM is the 6920 without furniture and is available with either a low profile gas block or an FSB for $600-700... you could put whatever rail stock and pistol grip on it you want and still come in under a grand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARE YOU IMPAIRED ALSO?

From GunBroker.com:

Troy? GD favorite....

Next time you build an Ed Brown style 1911, ask for Ed Brown prices.  Won't get them without that roll mark.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you describe the lower roll marks, the barrel profile, and the furniture it has it should be fairly easy to figure out what you've got.  Walmart did have 6920's, M4 profile barrels with the traditional waffle stocks and M4 handguards for a time; then they blew them out on the cheap...
View Quote
It has M4 profile 16" barrel, M4 HG, and regular carry handle.  But came with a ghey looking Roger's super stock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

The roll mark on the barrel.  It's " 16920".

NOT "6920".

Show me another LE 6920 that is marked differently.

THEN TELL ME I'M WRONG!

BUNCH OF ***WIPES!!!!!!!

Attachment Attached File

Box with nomenclature.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It has M4 profile 16" barrel, M4 HG, and regular carry handle.  But came with a ghey looking Roger's super stock.
View Quote
Like this, M4 Carbine Cal 556MM roll marked lower with the side mount front sling swivel?

It was around 2012 - 13 that Colt was using that Rogers Super Stock; I ended up buying several of the Colt Talo LT6720R editions with it in '12; traded the Rogers stocks off on the EE for real waffle stocks...
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I like how you are covering the serial number on the lower but showing it to the world on the box

ETA.... nevermind the op deleted his post
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Like this, M4 Carbine Cal 556MM roll marked lower with the side mount front sling swivel?

https://www.ingunowners.com/rimg.php?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ingunowners.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D411035&src=http://s17.postimg.org/7phvg0fv3/pix509607964.jpg

It was around 2012 - 13 that Colt was using that Rogers Super Stock; I ended up buying several of the Colt Talo LT6720R editions with it in '12; traded the Rogers stocks off on the EE for real waffle stocks...
View Quote
Thats it!
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Tag ............
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So you're wealthy and retired .   who cares .   You won't be wealthy long if you keep up the over paying for toys .

Plus I have good information that I bought the last Colt  from PSA.  Much cheaper .  

gd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Golly, all the hate.

I'm wealthy and retired.  I have a $7,200 R/C U-BOAT on order for to play with on a neighborhood 4 acre pond.

gd
I budgeted for toys!  What the hell good is retirement without?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, the Rogers Super Stock taught me that Colt was "Pro Abortion."

Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Golly, all the hate.

View Quote
Dam
What kinda sheit paper you rolling with at your house? Triple ply with ridges? Do you need an adopted Son? I can fetch beers real good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thats it!
View Quote
Kewl!  That was another variation on the LE6920, once Colt stopped with the Rogers Super Stock they stuck more to doing Magpul edition 6920's.  Solid carbine with the removable carry handle and the side saddle sling mount.  As time went on the sling mount and the removable carry handle went away, replaced by Magpul rear sights.

Quoted:

Yes, the Rogers Super Stock taught me that Colt was "Pro Abortion."

View Quote
Absolute truth!  I was able to swap them for proper Colt waffle stocks on the EE, they seemed popular with folks back then; just not too popular with me...
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I absolutely adore threads where the OP does something sorta dumb then defends it to no end.  Same old threads about trucks and Sig vs. Glock can get very boring.  I like the clearly defined battle lines of one man vs. the world.

OP should keep the thread alive and post up the proof if he is able to flip it later for a big profit.  Would be legendary.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Next time you build an Ed Brown style 1911, ask for Ed Brown prices.  Won't get them without that roll mark.
View Quote
The OEM2 is an M4 roll marked Colt with an LE prefix and an M4 profile barrel. The whole 6920 series are LE guns...
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I absolutely adore threads where the OP does something sorta dumb then defends it to no end.  Same old threads about trucks and Sig vs. Glock can get very boring.  I like the clearly defined battle lines of one man vs. the world.

OP should keep the thread alive and post up the proof if he is able to flip it later for a big profit.  Would be legendary.
View Quote
This thread is like trump continuing to defend his alabama hurricane blunder
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I guess we're losing our rights to do with our money what ever we fucking want.
View Quote
Are we losing our rights to make fun of what other people do with their money, too?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You keep posting the same pics and claiming it's an FBI overrun, but it's not an FBI overrun. The FBI is not limited by the NFA and wouldn't have a wonky 16" barrel and a stupid Troy rail. Is yours used, like the one in your link?

"flip ups sights" lol.
View Quote
If you went to the link, then you know that it is a Colt FBI production over-run.  Mine is NIB.

NFA has nothing to do with this, so you simply pulled that from who knows where, similar applies to your lack of reasoning skills in this thread, and life I suppose.  Didn't recall you posting in the six-figure salary post....

Sure, wonky Troy parts you or I could have tacked on ourselves, but not with the same serial number linking it to a specific FBI contract.

As I mentioned earlier to another jerk-off, you can assemble an Ed Brown - style 1911 pistol, though not sell it for Ed Brown prices...not without that roll-mark.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
...not without that roll-mark.
View Quote
What roll mark?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you went to the link, then you know that it is a Colt FBI production over-run.  Mine is NIB.

NFA has nothing to do with this, so you simply pulled that from who knows where, similar applies to your lack of reasoning skills in this thread, and life I suppose.  Didn't recall you posting in the six-figure salary post....

Sure, wonky Troy parts you or I could have tacked on ourselves, but not with the same serial number linking it to a specific FBI contract.

As I mentioned earlier to another jerk-off, you can assemble an Ed Brown - style 1911 pistol, though not sell it for Ed Brown prices...not without that roll-mark.
View Quote
The Colt description says it’s a LE6920 base gun with FBI specified aftermarket components....is it unpinned at 14.5” or something?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The Colt description says it’s a LE6920 base gun with FBI specified aftermarket components....
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
ARE YOU IMPAIRED?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Codename Weaver model?
ARE YOU IMPAIRED?

Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Yea.  I paid less than that for a Colt 6933 factory SBR including the tax stamp......  Heck, I'll have to look but I think my 6945 factory SBR was less than that too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I was going to try and explain it to him but then decided, why bother.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

From GunBroker.com:

View Quote
Nice.  I was intrigued by the op where you said in had a front flip sight. Cool gun.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyone cursed the Troy accessories yet?
View Quote
Curse those Troy accessories. I am gonna go shoot a Larue Stealth and taste some vintage Dillodust to cleanse myself.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yea.  I paid less than that for a Colt 6933 factory SBR including the tax stamp......  Heck, I'll have to look but I think my 6945 factory SBR was less than that too.
View Quote
Question:  Since it's relevant to this thread and which is the better deal.

When you buy an factory SBR from a distributor, how does that work?  Do you pay for the firearm and have them hold it for you until  you get your tax stamp and send it to them?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 9/13/2019 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#43]
From GunBroker.com:

The Colt AR-15 Resource:

https://thecoltar15resource.com/le6920-fbp1/

LE6920-FBP1

The Colt LE6920-FBP1 builds on the Colt LE6920 with key accessories as approved by the FBI. This model features an 11? Troy Alpha free-float rail, Troy Flip-up front and rear sights, and two 30 round aluminum magazines. The LE6920-FBP1 is not a standard M4 catalog model for Colt. These rifles were made available due to an overrun from an FBI production. • Manufacturer: Colt • Model: LE6920 Series FBI Model • Item Number: LE6920-FBP1 • Caliber: 5.56mm NATO • Barrel Length: 16.1? • Bore: Chromed 6 Grooves 1-7? RH Twist • Sights: Troy Flip-up Front & Rear Sights • Extended Length: 35.5? • Collapsed Length: 32.0? • Rail: 11? Troy Alpha Free-Float Rail • Finish: Matte Black • Capacity: 30 Rounds • Action: Direct Gas System Locking Bolt…This example was sold on Gunbroker in 2018.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

ARE YOU IMPAIRED ALSO?

View Quote
Don’t forget, that was also including the military discount that those benevolent counter jockeys gave you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
From GunBroker.com:

The Colt AR-15 Resource:

https://thecoltar15resource.com/le6920-fbp1/

LE6920-FBP1

The Colt LE6920-FBP1 builds on the Colt LE6920 with key accessories as approved by the FBI. This model features an 11? Troy Alpha free-float rail, Troy Flip-up front and rear sights, and two 30 round aluminum magazines. The LE6920-FBP1 is not a standard M4 catalog model for Colt. These rifles were made available due to an overrun from an FBI production. • Manufacturer: Colt • Model: LE6920 Series FBI Model • Item Number: LE6920-FBP1 • Caliber: 5.56mm NATO • Barrel Length: 16.1? • Bore: Chromed 6 Grooves 1-7? RH Twist • Sights: Troy Flip-up Front & Rear Sights • Extended Length: 35.5? • Collapsed Length: 32.0? • Rail: 11? Troy Alpha Free-Float Rail • Finish: Matte Black • Capacity: 30 Rounds • Action: Direct Gas System Locking Bolt…This example was sold on Gunbroker in 2018.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190912_165051_jpg-1088651.JPG

The roll mark on the barrel.  It's " 16920".

NOT "6920".

Show me another LE 6920 that is marked differently.

THEN TELL ME I'M WRONG!

BUNCH OF ***WIPES!!!!!!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60379/20190912_155913_jpg-1088657.JPG

Box with nomenclature.
View Quote
OP, not going to beat you up about the price you paid.  Considering that it does appear to be what you say it is (FBI contract overrun) I think it's cool and worth a premium.

The only thing I'm not tracking is your interpretation of the barrel roll mark.  It's 13629, not 16920.  Instead of marking it "C" for Colt like they used to, they are now putting their CAGE number (13629) on upper receivers, barrels, etc.  Now you just have to decide if it's a safe queen due to being collectable or is it a shooter.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#47]
This is good insight into why people ask for a “LE only” premium.  Because they paid more for the “story” (AND IT WAS A GOOD BUY DAMMIT) , they should get even more when they sell it to you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You keep posting the same pics and claiming it's an FBI overrun, but it's not an FBI overrun. The FBI is not limited by the NFA and wouldn't have a wonky 16" barrel and a stupid Troy rail. Is yours used, like the one in your link?

"flip ups sights" lol.
View Quote
Not sure I agree with your assessment about the FBI just ordering restricted rifles.  My police agency could have ordered anything for patrol, and we already had National Guard M16s, Colt M16 Commandos w/11.5" bbls, and other restricted items available.  But we decided to get them standard LE6920 rifles w/16"bbls.  When working with other local and federal agencies, they seem to have followed the same procurement policies, except for their elite SWAT dogs.  For every full auto weapon deployed, there are admin geeks shaking in their boots about potential civil liability.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Has only mild collector value.  It's going to be a shooter.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not sure I agree with your assessment about the FBI just ordering restricted rifles.  My police agency could have ordered anything for patrol, and we already had National Guard M16s, Colt M16 Commandos w/11.5" bbls, and other restricted items available.  But we decided to get them standard LE6920 rifles w/16"bbls.  When working with other local and federal agencies, they seem to have followed the same procurement policies, except for their elite SWAT dogs.  For every full auto weapon deployed, there are admin geeks shaking in their boots about potential civil liability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"flip ups sights" lol.
TREETOP is in error. It is an FBI overrun as stated by Colt website and Gunbroker. And not a restricted sale, nor an NFA item...that's something brought into the discussion by TREETOP from who knows where.

Mine was purchased NIB.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top