Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
'I can't forgive them': Mike Bonin on fellow LA City council members' racist remarks

'I can't forgive them': Mike Bonin on fellow LA City council members' racist remarks
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Learned a new phrase from the LA City Council meeting.... Black boy joy.

Thanks Smoke & Scan livestream!
https://youtu.be/07talteDzfo
View Quote

That S&S is way better than the NYT.  
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m not doing the white person faux outrage, what was said isn’t a big deal to me at all. However, I enjoy it when the left eats their own for not jumping through the hoops they threw up for themselves.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m not doing the white person faux outrage, what was said isn’t a big deal to me at all. However, I enjoy it when the left eats their own for not jumping through the hoops they threw up for themselves the right.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Correct.  She's still on the Clowncil but no longer President..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only resigned as head of the council I think.

Still able to ruin that city as an overpriced corrupt leftist.

But I do want to see more fights between the minorities and the gays. Keeps things interesting

Yeah, I just read at a salary of $207k per year (plus I'm sure lots of bennies). Keep raping those Angelitos Chica

After reading about Bonin in this thread, I hope they keep backstabbing each other.

Still surprised there weren't anti-Asian comments, not a big enough population to matter? Can't be in CA.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not doing the white person faux outrage, what was said isn't a big deal to me at all. However, I enjoy it when the left eats their own for not jumping through the hoops they threw up for themselves.
View Quote

I'm a Negro and didn't hear it either. But fuck you Ron just because.

But I love it when the liberals eat their own. Usually they bury the story and are exempt from their own rules...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Couldn't happen to a nicer group of complete scumbags. Fuck em all
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't see her comments as 'racist'. Really just a statement in poor taste.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a bitch move to secretly record people like this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's a bitch move to secretly record people like this.
View Quote

A crime, actually:

PC 632 states that “a person who, intentionally and without the consent of all parties to a confidential communication, uses an electronic amplifying or recording device to eavesdrop upon or record the confidential communication, whether the communication is carried on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a telegraph, telephone, or other device, except a radio, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) per violation, or imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment.”

The disgusting part is that the news media can take unlawfully obtained material like that and publish it with complete impunity. I am pretty sure the founding fathers would not have approved of such intrusions.

Yes, yes, whistleblowers, sunshine, etc... It just doesn't follow to reason that a person can be jailed for unlawfully obtaining such material, which then can be disseminated limitlessly.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Do I understand this right, Black, Hispanic and Homo city council members in LA are are having a spat. If so that's really going to outrage a bunch of white guilters
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
So the potato said they have to go.  They will walk that back.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#13]
What an absoloute unit...

THICCCC THIGhs
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A crime, actually:

PC 632 states that "a person who, intentionally and without the consent of all parties to a confidential communication, uses an electronic amplifying or recording device to eavesdrop upon or record the confidential communication, whether the communication is carried on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a telegraph, telephone, or other device, except a radio, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) per violation, or imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment."
View Quote

Joe Friday lives!
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Joe Friday lives!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A crime, actually:

PC 632 states that "a person who, intentionally and without the consent of all parties to a confidential communication, uses an electronic amplifying or recording device to eavesdrop upon or record the confidential communication, whether the communication is carried on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a telegraph, telephone, or other device, except a radio, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) per violation, or imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment."

Joe Friday lives!

Just the facts, sir.  Just the facts.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:59:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://belatina.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Nury-Martinez.jpg

THICCCC THIGhs
View Quote

Sheesh.  It looks like she was built out of leftover parts from three different women who were all in a different scale.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey that reporter in the OP is the heavay birdtation girl:

Grammy Awards Reporter English Fail
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

THICCCC THIGhs
View Quote
She looks like she can birth twins without even pushing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, I just read at a salary of $207k per year (plus I'm sure lots of bennies). Keep raping those Angelitos Chica

After reading about Bonin in this thread, I hope they keep backstabbing each other.

Still surprised there weren't anti-Asian comments, not a big enough population to matter? Can't be in CA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only resigned as head of the council I think.

Still able to ruin that city as an overpriced corrupt leftist.

But I do want to see more fights between the minorities and the gays. Keeps things interesting

So reading up, if they don't resign- the council can't remove them. They can only do that if they were convicted of a crime or moved out of the city.

Only way to remove them is a recall election and that would take months if not near a year.

One's term is up this year. The other 2 are in until 2024.

At $200k+ bennies, no reason to resign and give up what would easily amount to $100k+ of salary and benefits before being booted.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THICCCC THIGhs

damn right
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am convince that many, if not all, of these SJW self-proclaimed anti-racist crusader's would have been willing if not enthusiastic Nazi's if their values were aligned.
View Quote

Of course they would.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It was two gay men with an adopted black kid she was making fun of.
View Quote

the horror. Why hasn't she been publicly executed?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_eTOpUcVwQ
View Quote

LMAO Fake tears. I bet they're just using this to make a power grab.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but she didn't resign as a city council member, only her role as council president.  She still is a member of the council making $$$$.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but she didn't resign as a city council member, only her role as council president.  She still is a member of the council making $$$$.
View Quote

yeah not that president anymore, still a council member

$207,000 per year. Not including kick backs

Damn hot and a high earner.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#27]
California AG Bonta launches investigation into LA City Council scandal, redistricting process

California AG Bonta launches investigation into LA City Council scandal, redistricting process
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#28]
We are reaching FUPA levels never seen before... @spidey07

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#29]
And she's gone.

Bye Felicia.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And she's gone.

Bye Felicia.
View Quote

she can come be scandalous at my house...nom sayin
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Commandment XI: Thou shalt not fornicate with leftists.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I aint finna marry her, fr fr
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Calls for resignation of Councilmen Cedillo, De León continue after Nury Martinez offers resignation
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#34]
LIVE: City Council members discuss resignation of Nury Martinez

City Council members discuss resignation of Nury Martinez
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Thought she would have sat back and let the process kick her out while still collecting a paycheck in the mean time.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ron Herrera is from the Teamster world- I actually know him

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3455/Screensho_156936287420445_jpg-2558704.JPG
View Quote
Someone already referred to Bonin's name and compared his actions to the Nazis and now find out out that he's banging an Arian!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#37]
What a crybaby

A school shooting is horrific

A plane crash or school bus fire

Someone calling your kid a name because you can’t make him behave?

Do you think he’s in therapy now?

Nothing more self righteous than a white liberal
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Soft and pathetic

I'm happy to see them eat their own, but JFC, the virtue signaling act is old
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What a crybaby

A school shooting is horrific

A plane crash or school bus fire

Someone calling your kid a name because you can’t make him behave?

Do you think he’s in therapy now?

Nothing more self righteous than a white liberal
View Quote

100% agreed. This is what happens when life is too easy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:52:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Me gusta!
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#41]
dem hips don't lie

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#42]
The mystery behind L.A. racist tape scandal: Who leaked it — and why?

Three Los Angeles City Council members went to a squat office building near MacArthur Park last October to seek advice from an influential labor leader about solidifying their grip on power.

The strategy session was supposed to be a discreet backroom conversation, but as it got underway in a private room at the headquarters of the L.A. County Federation of Labor, someone was recording it. Over the next hour, a device captured the Democratic politicians and the labor leader, all Latino, speaking contemptuously about those they regarded as rivals or impediments. The recordings included racist, bigoted and crude remarks about Black, Jewish, Armenian, Indigenous and gay people.

“My goal in life is to get the three of you elected, and you know, I'm just focused on that,” Ron Herrera, president of the federation, told Councilmembers Nury Martinez, Gil Cedillo and Kevin de León at one point. “I mean, we’re like the little Latino caucus of, you know, our own.”

The politicians departed apparently oblivious to the taping, and for the next 11 months, the explosive recording remained a secret. It was not until Sunday when The Times reported the contents that it became widely known, triggering a cascade of outrage that reached all the way to the White House.

With L.A. still reeling from the contents of the audio, much about the recording itself remains a mystery: Who made it? And how? Who leaked it? And why?

In the midst of the rage and soul-searching, unearthing the leaker has become a parlor game among the politically savvy. Some have speculated that the meetings were recorded for note-taking; some have wondered if a disgruntled labor union employee is responsible; others have pointed to political enemies of the trio of council members.

“Friends of mine who used to be in politics, we are all speculating,” said former Los Angeles County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky. “We are all the blind leading the blind here. I have no idea.”

The timing of the leak, in the run-up to the mayoral election and other key races, suggests a classic October surprise designed to kneecap a candidate on the eve of voting. Yet experienced political hands said that although the leak hurt the elected officials involved, it did not seem to benefit — or harm— anyone on the ballot.

“Not in any huge way,” said former Los Angeles County Supervisor Gloria Molina, who was the first Latina on the L.A. City Council. “Whether it affects people’s decision on who to vote, I don’t think so.”

What is clear is that whoever made the recording had access to the inner sanctum of one of the most powerful organized labor groups in the nation. The conversation occurred Oct. 18, 2021, inside the offices of the L.A. County Federation, an umbrella group for 300 labor unions and 800,000 workers that wields tremendous and sometimes controversial sway in the city.

Democratic politicians routinely visit the offices of “the Fed” on James M. Woods Boulevard to seek favors from labor unions and arrange campaign help. The federation can mobilize large numbers of union members to pitch in for candidates and is currently helping U.S. Rep. Karen Bass in her mayoral bid by making phone calls to potential voters.

On the day that the three politicians visited, the council was poised to take up an issue of unparalleled importance to its members: The redrawing of council district boundaries with its attendant ability to make or end political careers. At the start of the highly sensitive discussions, the politicians and Herrera spoke calmly about their shared view that Black voters were overrepresented in L.A. and neighboring municipalities with large Latino populations.

“From the Comptons to the Gardenas … you can’t throw a rock without hitting a Mexican,” Cedillo said.

But as the meeting continued, it turned rollicking, profane and offensive. Few ethnic groups or important political figures were spared, and in what many see as the lowest moment, Martinez disparaged Councilmember Mike Bonin’s Black son using a Spanish word meaning “little monkey” and suggesting the toddler needed to be beaten to make him behave.

It’s not known why anyone who worked in or visited the union organization would have wanted to memorialize such a depraved and potentially damaging conversation. The federation’s own employees later condemned their boss, Herrera, for “inaction to speak out against Anti-Black, Anti-Indigenous, and Anti-LGBTQ statements being made in our office.” In an internal memo Sunday, the federation indicated that its premises had been bugged.

"Many private and confidential conversations in private offices and conference rooms at the LA Fed have been illegally recorded in violation of California privacy and recording laws," the memo said.

The federation declined to make officials available for an interview. Though the organization vowed to affiliates that it would seek prosecution of the perpetrators, a spokeswoman said Wednesday that the organization has not reported the taping to law enforcement. Asked whether the federation knew whether the recording had been done by using a phone or some other method, the spokeswoman gave a one-word answer: “No.”

However the recording was made and wherever it was stored, it stayed out of public view until last month. In the interim, the council carried out a contentious redistricting process and voted on several hotly disputed matters, including banning homeless encampments near schools. In their work, Martinez, Cedillo and De León were frequent allies and all three came under sharp criticism from the city’s left on homelessness and other issues.

Then on Sept. 19, an anonymous user created a Reddit account called Honest-Finding-1581 and posted a screed in the popular r/LosAngeles forum titled “LA County Federation of Labor” that mentioned the surreptitious recording.

“When you actually hear it, it’s unbelievable,” the poster wrote. “The labor movement is in bed with City Hall. All you have to do is look close and listen to the recording I just received of LA Fed President Ron Herrera and Nury Martinez (no relation, lol). Someone helped me connect the dots earlier this month.”

Who the other Martinez the poster referenced is unclear.

“When I saw it was on Reddit the first thing I thought was: This is somebody who understands that it is safe and easy to put something out on Reddit and let the wave of Reddit push forward the story rather than handle it directly,” said Karen North, a USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism professor and an expert in digital media.

“When you put it on Reddit, it is very hard to find the starting point,” she said.

The post nodded to the ongoing mayor’s race: “If Rick Caruso wins the Mayor’s race, he will clean house at City Hall, including making sure Nury Martinez is out.”

(Mayors do not have the power to oust councilmembers; Caruso said Wednesday, “We have no knowledge of or involvement in these recordings and we condemn them.”)

The post was up for only a brief time before Reddit moderators flagged and removed it. A moderator said in a post since the recording's release that it was taken down because it contained "a bunch of unsourced claims and looked like a pro-Caruso smear campaign."

Honest-Finding reposted the comments on its profile and three days later, added a 15-minute clip of some of the most shocking parts of the meeting in which there were antisemitic and anti-Armenian remarks.

Honest-Finding continued adding additional recordings over the next two weeks. Not all were of the councilmembers' meeting. Some featured Herrera in conversation with unknown individuals. In the nine leaked audio clips, Herrera speaks in at least eight of them, accounting for nearly 17 minutes of speaking time.

In one file, the union chief said that progressive council candidate Hugo Soto-Martinez had lost touch with “his roots,” and an unidentified woman agreed that he was “a big sellout.”

Soto-Martinez said of the recordings in a statement Wednesday: “They call me ‘entitled,’ even as they rig the redistricting boundaries to protect corrupt incumbents.”

For 14 days, bombshell recordings were available to anyone with an internet connection, but marooned on Honest-Finding’s rarely visited profile page, they attracted little attention.

Then on Oct. 6, someone created a Twitter account @LAunionLaundry and posted a brief recording of Herrera, tagging several reporters and local political accounts. Word quickly spread and The Times and others began listening to the recordings. Both the Twitter and Reddit accounts have been silent since.

The content seemed to stun all corners of the city, including people who normally had little interest in politics. Council meetings Tuesday and Wednesday were interrupted by furious protesters, who said they intend to keep returning to the council chamber until all three have stepped down. President Biden wanted all three to leave office, the White House press secretary said Tuesday. Herrera resigned his post, and Martinez stepped down as council president, then took a leave of absence and then Wednesday, resigned completely. Cedillo and De León remain on the council.

Link
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The main subject of their comments was Mike Bonin, a gay Councilman.

I wonder if the reaction would be the same if he was straight.
View Quote

He has a black adopted son, that's who they shit on with their comments.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You aren't wrong, and all I heard was monkey-which I call my kids everyday. I got it from Howard Cosell.

But if it fucks over these folks? I'm good with that
View Quote

It's really about context. She was attacking Bonin and his child. and she went on about it in a really unprofessional manner. I have a cousin that calls her daughter her little monkey but it is truly a term of endearment for her.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

THICCCC THIGhs
View Quote

Classic burrito blow out many hispanish wimmenz go through.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Nury Martinez is a vile woman. She is an absolute hater.

Who I really want to see go down I DeLeon. He is a total communist hater. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

He is responsible for the ammo purchase bullshit here. I hope he is never heard from again.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Who I really want to see go down I DeLeon. He is a total communist hater. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0&ab_channel=BuckTheSystem

He is responsible for the ammo purchase bullshit here. I hope he is never heard from again.

View Quote

That MFer is done.

He will resign at any time.

Good riddance you name changing piece of shit commie gun grabbing motherfucker
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That MFer is done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0&ab_channel=BuckTheSystem

That MFer is done.

This is a ghost recording. This has the ability with its 30 minute tape to dispose of 3 city council members careers in 1/2 a second. 30 minutes in 1/2 a second.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Mitch O'Farrell calls for Kevin de León and Gil Cedillo to resign

Mitch O'Farrell calls for Kevin de León and Gil Cedillo to resign
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I love how they have regrets about their conversation but they only regret it because they were caught. Fucking scumbags.
View Quote

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top