[#1]
Drama-kunt Queen Rino...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's amazing what happens when they're told they will lose all committee seats and the party will not back them for reelection.
View Quote

Not only that, but she's been hearing from her constituents.  She opposed confirmation until she didn't.  When your tit/shlong is in a wringer, you don't keep cranking.

FWIW She was the only GOP Sen. to oppose Kavanaugh.  I see (hope!) a primary in her future.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ahh...Fuck Backstabber Romney.
View Quote

Mittens is a 'yes'.  He announced days ago.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But why did she have two black eyes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe that’s where Mitch got the bruises. Took her behind the schoolhouse for an old fashion beat down.

But why did she have two black eyes

He done had to tell her twiced
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe that’s where Mitch got the bruises. Took her behind the schoolhouse for an old fashion beat down.
View Quote

I think they're more likely to be from the Deep Fisting he just gave Schumer.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's give ACB a little credit. After all is said and done, everyone knows ACB is qualified for the job. Such a person is rare. ACB handled the hearings like a boss.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Sarah needs to replace Lisa
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I think Romney said he was in

Edit:  already covered
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.newsweek.com/gop-senator-lisa-murkowski-flips-says-shell-vote-yes-barrett-supreme-court-nomination-1541910

Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski announced Saturday afternoon she will vote "yes" on Judge Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court nomination, despite just two days before signaling she would vote against President Donald Trump's nominee.

The Alaska GOP senator's complete reversal leaves only Maine Senator Susan Collins as the only other Republican who may decide to vote against Barrett. The female Republican senators were the only members of the upper chamber who had previously expressed their desire to push the SCOTUS nomination back until after their respective senate elections.

On Thursday, just two days ago, Murkowski expressed her opposition to the Senate trying to jam her nomination through before Election Day. But during Saturday's rare Senate session, she declared that Barrett should be judged based on her qualifications and is set to be confirmed.

"I believe that the only way to put us back on the path of appropriate consideration of judicial nominees is to evaluate Judge Barrett as we would want to be judged. On the merits of her qualifications. And we do that when that final questions comes before us. And when it does, I will be a yes," Murkowski said on the Senate floor.

"I had hoped that if we were going to be at this moment in time just over a week out from our national elections, that we would be here on the floor debating - debating the merits of a [stimulus] relief bill. And in my home state of Alaska, as in so many states around the country, we're seeing unprecedented numbers [of new coronavirus] cases now," Murkowski continued.

Last Thursday, a congressional pool report spoke with the Alaska GOP senator and she gave a very different view just after Barrett's nomination advanced out of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

"I've shared for a while that I didn't think we should be taking this up until after the election, and I haven't changed," Murkowski said. The senator was then explicitly asked whether she was still planning on being a "no" vote during the full senate vote, to which she replied, "That means I haven't changed my mind on that."

Regardless of Murkowski or Collins voting against Barrett, Republicans still have the simple majority votes needed to confirm Barrett, which is likely to happen Monday evening. With Murkowski's sudden flip-flop, the expected vote is 52-48.

Murkowski perhaps buckled to the pressure from her Republican colleagues including the president himself, who has attacked any dissenting voices in the GOP majority senate. In June, Trump tweeted: "Few people know where they'll be in two years from now, but I do, in the Great State of Alaska (which I love) campaigning against Senator Lisa Murkowski. She voted against HealthCare, Justice Kavanaugh, and much else."
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know he's a Yes, but I don't trust the asshole.
View Quote

From your lips to Utahans' ears.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sounds like you guys might get another bridge to nowhere
View Quote

God, I hope not, we didn't need that one either...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

still waiting on Collins.  

Any word from Romney?
View Quote

Romney already announced he’ll vote yes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Murkowski perhaps buckled to the pressure from her Republican colleagues including the president himself, who has attacked any dissenting voices in the GOP majority senate. In June, Trump tweeted: "Few people know where they'll be in two years from now, but I do, in the Great State of Alaska (which I love) campaigning against Senator Lisa Murkowski. She voted against HealthCare, Justice Kavanaugh, and much else."
View Quote

savage
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sarah needs to replace Lisa
View Quote

No.  She does not.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's amazing what happens when they're told they will lose all committee seats and the party will not back them for reelection.
View Quote

There is a lot of truth to this.  You must also add that it is an indication that she sees the Republicans will keep the Senate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well I'll be dipped in shit!
View Quote

That was my Dad’s saying. I haven’t heard it in years.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#23]
We need to get rid of these shaky, wormy fucking republicans. One thing I will give dems is they group together and got each others backs, republicans not so much.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was my thought.

Turtle found out the hard way she was tougher then she looked but he still got the upper hand in the end.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I’ll believe it when I see it
View Quote

Soon...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lol just wait till the bully gets her into the corner again
View Quote

FDF
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:53:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I think this is signaling that Lisa wants to run again.  Mitch has the votes without Lisa.  The dems know it.  The dems need Lisa, so they are giving her a pass on this one because they lost this battle.  

If Lisa votes no anyway, and lord knows she wants to, it gives more ammo to Lisa's primary republican political opponent to use against her that she is not a loyal republican.

The dems know Lisa has been an excellent RINO for them, and this is their chess move.

Furthermore, the national republican party swamp creatures do not want her to lose either.  That was proven when they came up here and helped Lisa by sabotaging Joe Miller's campaign and helping Lisa win a write in campaign after Joe won the primary against her.

The swamp needs her, and that's all this is for BOTH sides.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Thanks Lisa!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So the Dems gave her the green light since they can't stop it. They'd rather have her there than Palin.
View Quote

Yeah, is Palin on the ballot?...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Collins going to be the only nay? I doubt that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

possibly.  

Could also have been McConnell telling her "when the next Senate convenes, which WILL be Republican-controlled with me as Senate Majority Leader, you WILL be stripped of all meaningful committee positions entirely, and any legislation you propose or co-sponsor WILL be shitcanned."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like she got a nice payoff. Should have just let her die on the vine and replace her with someone better.

possibly.  

Could also have been McConnell telling her "when the next Senate convenes, which WILL be Republican-controlled with me as Senate Majority Leader, you WILL be stripped of all meaningful committee positions entirely, and any legislation you propose or co-sponsor WILL be shitcanned."

Is there a downside to that? Sounds like another term on easy street...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Take a guess

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is it 100% on the R side, or are there still any hold outs?

still waiting on Collins.  

Any word from Romney?

Take a guess

Awesome...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

What process does he oppose?.  Constitutional.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the Dems gave her the green light since they can't stop it. They'd rather have her there than Palin.

Lisa is not up for reelection this year.  2022 I think...

And their is no way in hell Sarah Palin should ever be trusted in politics ever again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congress critters make all their money by being on the right committee and being easily influenced.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lol just wait till the bully gets her into the corner again
View Quote

Actually, looks like the bully's own career is DONE. Nothing to fear.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And their is no way in hell Sarah Palin should ever be trusted in politics ever again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-4...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Congress critters make all their money by being on the right committee and being easily influenced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, good point. Bribes, kickbacks, etc are probably harder to come by otherwise...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is Palin really considering a run? Could she realistically win?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm figuring the morning after the 2016 election there were alot of things that had to be replaced in her hotel suite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ACB will be in on Monday.  A great day.

It is nice to see the democrats scheming and lying end up biting them in the ass.

I bet no one in this country -- besides Hillary -- was more angry to see Trump win than Ginsberg.  I'd love to have spent election night at her home.  She may have been legally smart, but she let her hubris destroy everything she built.

I'm figuring the morning after the 2016 election there were alot of things that had to be replaced in her hotel suite.

Depends.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I wouldn't be surprised if Collins flips now too.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Still a traitorous bitch though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Palin is seriously considering it. And Murkowski was primaried before, but then went on to win as a written-in candidate quite questionably. The courts ruled that votes would count for her even if they were misspelled, among other things. Murkowski has never cleared 50% in any of her winning Senatorial elections.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#47]
as a side note the 2022 senate races are brutal. Lotta R seats up in swing states
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Don't know much about Palin.  Is she worse than Murkowski?  What are Palin's problems?
View Quote

I can't speak for Alaskans, but the fact that she bailed during her first term as governor to go be a full-time "celebrity" pissed me off.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, don't be too hard on her. After all she did cost McStain the election, so there is that.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top