Hitchin’ Post
View Quote

which hitchin post?

there is at least 2 I know of.

One in Door Co and one in Kholsville
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell, I had the wrong one too....

Hitch-N-Post, Niagra, WI, permanently closed......
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gross no sneeze guard over the buffet line and the utilensils are just out like that for people to dip their hands in after they've pooped and not washed their hands.

This is why I hate small town places.

I can imagine the back of the house has some horrific food handling and safety practices.

and ice for refrigerateration?

Enjoy your diarrhea.
View Quote

Ohhhh yeah, I have a feeling this could turn out to be an awesome Friday night here in GD.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Andrea's Red Rooster.  Excellent WI tavern for lunch.
View Quote

Just a heads up.

Rumor on the street I heard their distributor called and will be dropping off an excess supply of frue le vow cow buttho'le tomorrow.

It's a very delicate french cut of beef that was overstocked and would normally have to be thrown away with their regular shipment.

You might want to stop in and give it a try.

"Hi I am the manager" lol.....

You guys really eat food from these idiots?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just a heads up.

Rumor on the street I heard their distributor called and will be dropping off an excess supply of frue le vow cow buttho'le tomorrow.

It's a very delicate french cut of beef that was overstocked and would normally have to be thrown away with their regular shipment.

You might want to stop in and give it a try.

"Hi I am the manager" lol.....

You guys really eat food from these idiots?
View Quote

Look guys, Thorazine is back! Woo hoo!

@Thorazine
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember when you could go to a bar in WI and order a cheese and sausage platter.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
As an nspector for Lockheed I spent a few months in NE.Wisconsin/ UP.
I like liked the food and loved the drinking.

I had a group of Menomonie Natives take me to the War Bonet on the Rez. I almost got stabbed but the native I was with jumped in front of me...
Strange night, great food and John Dillengers great granddaughter grabbed my pecker.. fun times
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As an nspector for Lockheed I spent a few months in NE.Wisconsin/ UP.
I like liked the food and loved the drinking.

I had a group of Menomonie Natives take me to the War Bonet on the Rez. I almost got stabbed but the native I was with jumped in front of me...
Strange night, great food and John Dillengers great granddaughter grabbed my pecker.. fun times
View Quote

Fuck, I reread that and you can tell I'm drinking tonight
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I miss Skips Friendly Village in Afton.

Small town Wisconsin taverns are unique
View Quote
Its called Rhuesters Friendly Village Tavern now. The old grocery store next to it closed a few years ago. The restaurant south of it near Bass Creek I dont think is open anymore. Afton Pub is now called The Table.

You from the area?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I own a Pest Management Company in WI and can tell you from dozens of sanitary inspections every month in 4 counties in WI, the Mom and Pop places where it's not just their livelihood, but their main investment in life are MUCH cleaner than any national chain with their layers and layers of Pest Control protocols.
I will NOT eat Fast Food and will always opt for the local businesses. Because I inspect them. Sure....you may get that one or two local places that are nasty, but EVERY national chain is absolutely disgusting.
View Quote

Sure is nice how working pest control you learn which places you will eat at and which you wont. Had a few places when I was at Orkin I wouldnt even think about it.

1 restaurant built out of an old auto repair shop (still had the pit under the dining room, just floored over). Massive rodent issues. Holes in wall so large I could get my d cell maglite through them. They had a prep station in the basement and had a basement door to outside that would not seal off. The door to the old service pit they had blocked with a standup freezer so I could get in there to set traps and I figured thats where they were all living. Manager wouldnt even just have it moved out enough so I could get behind it, but wanted me to show up EVERY MORNING at 4am (yeah like thats happening).

Another bar/restaurant not as bad but had a screen door in the kitchen area that had a 2" gap under it. Didnt want to address it. Only thing they did that I recommended was to have the dumpster moved from right next to the kitchen door to the corner of the parking lot.

Back to the small town pubs that are good. Norms Eatery & Tap in Lyndon Station is great.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:09:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Obviously not the Plywood Palace in Moquah.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:33:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Look guys, Thorazine is back! Woo hoo!

@Thorazine
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]
That is a local brew!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Back to the small town pubs that are good. Norms Eatery & Tap in Lyndon Station is great.
View Quote

Been past Norm’s hundreds of times and have never stopped.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Until now, in almost 60 years, I’ve never thought of a reason to visit Wisconsin…
View Quote

If you ever do, I’d recommend a drive through the Driftless Area. Also further north in WI, places like Tomahawk and Minocqua or even Door county in the east, are nice in the summer.

But you’d have to put up with all the summertime FIBs that flock up in those areas too.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gross no sneeze guard over the buffet line and the utilensils are just out like that for people to dip their hands in after they've pooped and not washed their hands.

I can imagine the back of the house has some horrific food handling and safety practices.

Enjoy your diarrhea.
View Quote

No state listed and commi talk?
Much be from California
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like to find a place with bluegill. Love me some bluegill.
View Quote

If you're ever in SE Wi, Packer Inn in Silver Lake has a good bluegill fry on Friday
Local Folks over in Slades Corner has the best fish fry around the area IMO
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But needs a local craft brew
View Quote

No he doesn't need any local hipster shit to drink. What he's got is just fine
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Used to do business with an injection molder in the Menomonie area.

They always wanted to to take me to steak houses, but I would insist on small taverns for meals like the OP.

Would kill for a traditional fish fry place in SoCal...
View Quote
Oh you missed out then since they likely would have taken you to Jake's on Tainter Lake.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Enjoy your diarrhea.
View Quote

Go put your mask back on Karen
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I own a Pest Management Company in WI and can tell you from dozens of sanitary inspections every month in 4 counties in WI, the Mom and Pop places where it's not just their livelihood, but their main investment in life are MUCH cleaner than any national chain with their layers and layers of Pest Control protocols.
I will NOT eat Fast Food and will always opt for the local businesses. Because I inspect them. Sure....you may get that one or two local places that are nasty, but EVERY national chain is absolutely disgusting.
View Quote
My buddies dad owns a restaurant equipment repair business here is the Fox Valley. I've heard similar things. I usually get wind of places I may want to avoid but it usually doesn't deter me lol
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Enjoy your diarrhea.
View Quote

You and my grandson could be besties. He's had 2 cars now. He pulled the carpet out of both of them and covered the seats with plastic because germs.
He wears paper painters overalls and always wears a mask wherever he goes. Wipes down his mail while wearing latex gloves, washes the cans containing canned food, covers the bbq grill with tinfoil so his veggie burger doesn't pick up bacteria, all sorts of weird shit.

We don't talk anymore, he hates me because I called him out on it.
Extreme Germophobe.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#25]
There was a small deli/ meat market in Sun Prairie called Jacobson's? It looks like they are closed for good. Sad.

They were close to the relatives' house and had a good selection.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What I would give to be eating lunch at The Wolf Creek Bar.
Used to go with my grandpa when we were up at the cabin.

The place had a live, caged bear up until the late 90s.
Saw a 5-7 year old kid have his first beer right at the bar with his folks.

Pure Wisconsin.
View Quote

Just a few miles from me
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I actually rinse off cans, started doing that when I got home with a 6 pack that was dirtier than it looked at the liquor store. Now I rinse off every can, just a quick spritz...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy your diarrhea.

I bet you're a blast at parties!  Walking around with your sanitizer spray and wipes.  You probably wash the top of a beer can before you drink out of it!

I actually rinse off cans, started doing that when I got home with a 6 pack that was dirtier than it looked at the liquor store. Now I rinse off every can, just a quick spritz...

Figured.  Dirty top?  Quick wipe with my thumb, pop the top, and drink.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy your diarrhea.

I bet you're a blast at parties!  Walking around with your sanitizer spray and wipes.  You probably wash the top of a beer can before you drink out of it!

Do you tap the top of the can prior to opening it?

My wife does that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#30]

I always have to listen to that when I see it.  May have that CD and Da Yoopers somewhere.

It always reminds me of deer camp in the U.P.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You and my grandson could be besties. He's had 2 cars now. He pulled the carpet out of both of them and covered the seats with plastic because germs.
He wears paper painters overalls and always wears a mask wherever he goes. Wipes down his mail while wearing latex gloves, washes the cans containing canned food, covers the bbq grill with tinfoil so his veggie burger doesn't pick up bacteria, all sorts of weird shit.

We don't talk anymore, he hates me because I called him out on it.
Extreme Germophobe.
View Quote

Wow... did he come naturally added or was he just brainwashed?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's obviously a child's portion.  No slaw, no rye bread.  Literally everything on your plate should be deep fried, the walleye, perch, cod, shrimp, taters, everything! Not the healthiest State for some reason.

WI fish fry is best fish fry.
View Quote
Lake Erie perch and walleye fish fry say otherwise
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top