User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
New update and video
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Check this out, you can print metal parts with a standard 3D printer. You need a kiln to fire the final part. Looks like its similar in concept to PMC used in the jewelry arts.

https://thevirtualfoundry.com
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CS223:
Check this out, you can print metal parts with a standard 3D printer. You need a kiln to fire the final part. Looks like its similar in concept to PMC used in the jewelry arts.

https://thevirtualfoundry.com
View Quote

My understanding is that this tech currently is not good for precision parts because the pieces shrink unevenly during the processing.

I still need to get the bolts made for my M1337.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 10:35:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jestertoo] [#4]
@ozzymandiaz have you test fired yours? I finally got back to mine last night, fixed my striker bearings (a couple had come loose) and now have all 6 bolts/strikers working.

I have also downloaded the latest version of the files. I'll probably print the B2 rotor and just cut my receiver ejection port.

https://odysee.com/@Nopel:6/Beta-Version-2---Updates:0
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, about 50 rounds of m855 through it with only a couple hangups that I think are probably tied to the double feed he mentions in the new barrel cluster. I'll get around to printing the new barrel cluster eventually, but I don't think I'll bother with the receiver just for the ejection port change.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ozymandiaz:
Yep, about 50 rounds of m855 through it with only a couple hangups that I think are probably tied to the double feed he mentions in the new barrel cluster. I'll get around to printing the new barrel cluster eventually, but I don't think I'll bother with the receiver just for the ejection port change.
View Quote

Very cool. I'm just going to hack my receiver for now rather than reprint. At some point I might re-print in cool colors. There was thought of printing in rainbow filament just to irritate people.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jestertoo:

Very cool. I'm just going to hack my receiver for now rather than reprint. At some point I might re-print in cool colors. There was thought of printing in rainbow filament just to irritate people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2024 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the whole thing made minus the bolt carriers.  I've been completely unable to get them to print correctly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jestertoo:

Did get the correct m3x5x7 inserts (m3x5,7 are NOT the same) today so I was able to assemple the delinker. It's not very smooth, so I need to work on it.

View Quote

Ok I can find the m3x5.7 inserts and

M3x7x5 inserts

But cannot find m3x5x7 inserts.  Anyone have a link?.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top