[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If I am VERY lucky, the breech barrel combo on this model will be the same/compatible with the two semi-autos versions I have, which will allow me to switch barrels.  The Madsen was designed with quick-change barrels, so I think there's a good chance.

The other breech/barrel combos I have are in .30-06 and 8mm German (which all use the same magazines), and I have tons of that ammo.

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Model 1907, in 7mm Mauser.

Comes with a bunch of (very rare) 40-round magazines, and 3 spare (apparently new-in-grease) barrels.

Serial number 87.  

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=83141

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=83142

Did you forget to check ammo prices first?

If I am VERY lucky, the breech barrel combo on this model will be the same/compatible with the two semi-autos versions I have, which will allow me to switch barrels.  The Madsen was designed with quick-change barrels, so I think there's a good chance.

The other breech/barrel combos I have are in .30-06 and 8mm German (which all use the same magazines), and I have tons of that ammo.

Cool gun!!

Thanks.

I'll borrow 30-06 dies from Ed or Al.  Keep an eye out for pull-down powder and 30 cal projectiles.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Where I live, the CLEO makes you fill out an application................sucks but I will go the trust route

Quoted:
Just filled out a Form 4, and all of the bullshit with having to have my photo taken, and having to go to the police and have my fingerprints taken, and then having to go in person to the sheriff's office to drop off the form so the CLEO can "approve" it before signing it (with their own form, so they can do a background check too).

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did you meant to say that you were triggered?

Because you basically said that you ejaculated.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

udløst

Did you meant to say that you were triggered?

Because you basically said that you ejaculated.  

That explains so much.

Err... how much does it cost to get a tattoo changed?

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ironically, I deliberately didn't do that, because I did not want it to seem like a bragging thread.  

But now that I've been accused of the humblebrag anyway, I guess it's a moot point.

It's an old Danish Madsen light machinegun.

I have two semi-auto versions, and was finally able to find/afford a full-auto original.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever you do, don't tell us what it is.

Ironically, I deliberately didn't do that, because I did not want it to seem like a bragging thread.  

But now that I've been accused of the humblebrag anyway, I guess it's a moot point.

I have two semi-auto versions, and was finally able to find/afford a full-auto original.  

Did it happen to be the one that was up for auction recently?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I thought ARFCOM was a safe space.  
View Quote

Safe Space Bro!!  Safe Space!!

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You know you get fingerprinted and photographed when you go for your US Citizenship as well....
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Comes with a bunch of (very rare) 40-round magazines, and 3 spare (apparently new-in-grease) barrels.

Serial number 87.  

View Quote

udløst

ETA: BEAT by a mile  

Sooo.... cool gun, I guess
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I used all the money I would have spent on diapers otherwise.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

humblebrag

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The process is a pain in the ass for sure. Here in IL we can't own sbr's without a c&r license, trusts are a no go. The only problem I had in setting up a meeting with my cleo was getting county workers to cough up the extension of the sheriff's secretary. I did face huge resistance in getting fingerprints by le, after numerous calls to different pd's no one wanted to do them. I finally walked into a small police department and argued with the aggressive lady in the front dest for around 10 mins before she deemed me worthy of paying $15 to get finger printed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Made to feel like a criminal
View Quote

As you should, you dirty fucking fureinur.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#13]
And to which range will you be going to shoot this interesting piece of machinery?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Serial number 87.  

View Quote

I hate you so much right now. ..........   I'm gonna go find a goose to kick.    
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

C&R NFA? Do tell.
View Quote

Yes there is C&R NFA...Since it is old it isn't dangerous...
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#18]
And there are some idiots here that support you having to do that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Listen, jerks, this thread is about venting our anger at the ATF, not blaming me.  

Actually, I DO have a trust that I use for NFA stuff, and I already have eight or nine stamps on the trust.  But, this gun is a C&R gun, so it's "easier" to transfer it to my C&R license, but then I have to do all the fingerprint/photo/CLEO bullshit.

But it's been about a decade since I've done that, and I forgot just annoying it all is.  Standing there getting fingerprinted, like some dirty inky or common criminal, was not fun at all.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No go on a trust?

Quoted:

Do you even Trust or LLC bruh?

Listen, jerks, this thread is about venting our anger at the ATF, not blaming me.  

Actually, I DO have a trust that I use for NFA stuff, and I already have eight or nine stamps on the trust.  But, this gun is a C&R gun, so it's "easier" to transfer it to my C&R license, but then I have to do all the fingerprint/photo/CLEO bullshit.

But it's been about a decade since I've done that, and I forgot just annoying it all is.  Standing there getting fingerprinted, like some dirty inky or common criminal, was not fun at all.  

Wait until the "goose incident" comes up...
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Practiced your "Don't make me mad son, or I'll bust out the Madsen" line yet?

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just filled out a Form 4, and all of the bullshit with having to have my photo taken, and having to go to the police and have my fingerprints taken, and then having to go in person to the sheriff's office to drop off the form so the CLEO can "approve" it before signing it (with their own form, so they can do a background check too).

View Quote

They saw your tattoos, didn't they?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
humblebrag

There is truth here.

My "per capita" household income  ...sucks.   A non-working wife, 4 kids, 2 in private school, and 2 in college will drain you.  

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I must say that is a really cool piece of history you have there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Serial number 87.  

View Quote

udløst

ETA:  well shit, there are some sick bastards that already "beat" me to that.    

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No go on a trust?

Quoted:

Classic display of Dutch misdirection.  Never trust the Dutch.

:)
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No go on a trust?

Quoted:

DK is a Swede you stupid twat.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's Fowl.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Serial number 87.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

lol
Very cool LMG, hope you plan on hand loading a shit ton of 7x57, not too much of that stuff around these days.
View Quote
Bell shot the last of it 110 years ago.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, when it comes to criminal behavior it's very difficult to best the ATF...
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've been fingerprinted so many times I lost count.

Most recently for TSA PreCheck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Standing there getting fingerprinted, like some dirty inky or common criminal, was not fun at all.  

And the Chinese thank you.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#32]
First world problems
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No go on a trust?

Quoted:

I didn't know he was from Switzerland.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#34]
As far as I know, you can do your own pictures for Form1/Form4s as long as you send a 2"x2". I am in the process of acquiring my first stamps for a suppressed/SBRed 22lr.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Yet god forbid anyone shows ID to vote.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It really wasn't intended that way, but I can see how it could come across that way.  

I was just annoyed and wanted to vent.

I am particularly irritated that the CLEO demands that you fill out their questionnaire as well (almost like a 4473), and they ask you what security system you have in place, and how you store the guns, and if you have children, etc.  Bunch of bullshit.  

... then again, maybe I should just be happy that at least the CLEO will sign, when I live in a relatively liberal area (and she actually made a bunch of anti-gun statements when she ran for election as Sheriff).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
humblebrag

lol

It really wasn't intended that way, but I can see how it could come across that way.  

I was just annoyed and wanted to vent.

I am particularly irritated that the CLEO demands that you fill out their questionnaire as well (almost like a 4473), and they ask you what security system you have in place, and how you store the guns, and if you have children, etc.  Bunch of bullshit.  

... then again, maybe I should just be happy that at least the CLEO will sign, when I live in a relatively liberal area (and she actually made a bunch of anti-gun statements when she ran for election as Sheriff).

When SHE ran? I think I found the problem...
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Cool, do you plan to shoot it? If so post up in the VA HTF. I live close and would like to check it out if you ever plan to take it for a walk ??
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Standing there getting fingerprinted, like some dirty inky or common criminal, was not fun at all.  

Obama is watching you.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well duh, that's why he likes chocolate and waffles.

But, I get it - "they all look alike," right?

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Serial number 87.  

View Quote

Some duracoat will fix those mags right up.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Serial number 87.  

View Quote

How the fuck are you supposed to mount an eotech to that?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#43]
DK, they somehow became aware of your fowl proclivity for geese.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:11:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Just finding quality curios for discerning gentlemen.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes, at RIA.

I bid on a couple of them in an earlier auction this year, but didn't get them  - and I genuinely did not think I would win this one.  But I put in an early bid, and then just ignored it, figuring I would not get it.  It turned out that only one other person placed a bid, but it was the same as mine, so I won because mine was earlier.

I think it's possible that I lucked out, because there were some other Madsens in this auction (two or three), but they were post samples, and not transferable.  The description for one was a little ambiguous, because it didn't say "transferable" - but just said C&R, so perhaps some people didn't realize it was transferable? Plus, one of their gun experts did a cool video that explained the machanism and history of the Madsen (which is fascinating), and at the end of the video he literally said that they had some for sale in the upcoming auction, but none of them were transferable (which of course was incorrect, but perhaps it made some people pass on the auction). Then again, it's not like there's a lot of demand for old bizarre Danish machine guns anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did it happen to be the one that was up for auction recently?

Yes, at RIA.

I bid on a couple of them in an earlier auction this year, but didn't get them  - and I genuinely did not think I would win this one.  But I put in an early bid, and then just ignored it, figuring I would not get it.  It turned out that only one other person placed a bid, but it was the same as mine, so I won because mine was earlier.

I think it's possible that I lucked out, because there were some other Madsens in this auction (two or three), but they were post samples, and not transferable.  The description for one was a little ambiguous, because it didn't say "transferable" - but just said C&R, so perhaps some people didn't realize it was transferable? Plus, one of their gun experts did a cool video that explained the machanism and history of the Madsen (which is fascinating), and at the end of the video he literally said that they had some for sale in the upcoming auction, but none of them were transferable (which of course was incorrect, but perhaps it made some people pass on the auction). Then again, it's not like there's a lot of demand for old bizarre Danish machine guns anyway.

Nicely done!

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:31:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:37:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I love that it says "7mm?" on the barrels.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You know you get fingerprinted and photographed when you go for your US Citizenship as well....
View Quote

Not if you jump the fence.  You don't have to wait and you get free shit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No go on a trust?

Quoted:

lol
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top