User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I doubt many here grasp that concept.

This is more about where one segment of the "athleisure" style crowd insults another.

The rest of us are like, "does anyone actually wear running shows for, you know, running?"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My running shoes are NB Fresh Foam Gobi Trail.

I've been pretty happy with them, super light, but I don't wear them too much unless I'm running.

This is more about where one segment of the "athleisure" style crowd insults another.

The rest of us are like, "does anyone actually wear running shows for, you know, running?"
Yeah, I own one pair of running shoes (Nike) and they pretty much just stay in the closet. I don't run unless I'm being chased.

And honestly, Wolverine 1000 Mile boots are ridiculously comfortable once broken in.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I like either a skaters shoe, or, Sketchers make a really comfy shoe. They use memory foam in most of their shoes.....

ETA: not sure what their political views are, but if I had to guess, it isn't in "our" favor.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, I own one pair of running shoes (Nike) and they pretty much just stay in the closet. I don't run unless I'm being chased.

And honestly, Wolverine 1000 Mile boots are ridiculously comfortable once broken in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been pretty happy with them, super light, but I don't wear them too much unless I'm running.

I have a pair of white Brooks running shoes I use exclusively for running, so rarely. Would I put them on with some stone-washed mom jeans and walk around Ace Hardware? Fuck to the no, son. If I lose my dignity and self-respect in a poker game, then yeah, I might.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#5]
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

'

I have these

but I pretty much only wear my altama OTB's
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It's too bad they don't make those in men's sizes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear these Reboks they are very comfortable and offer good support.

Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Is a 10.5D petite now?

Just as most women buy bras that are too big and are thus improperly fitted, so too do men buy shoes (especially tennis shoes) that are too big.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I rock K-Swiss.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like either a skaters shoe, or, Sketchers make a really comfy shoe. They use memory foam in most of their shoes.....

ETA: not sure what their political views are, but if I had to guess, it isn't in "our" favor.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Those look uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is a 10.5D petite now?

Just as most women buy bras that are too big and are thus improperly fitted, so too do men buy shoes (especially tennis shoes) that are too big.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is a 10.5D petite now?

I do truly wear a 14EE. Promise.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I recently learned that Mike Tyson wears the classic New Balance dad shoes.  He swears by them and says they are super comfortable, nothing else like them.

I gotta say, I'm New Balance curious. I'm not going to wear them though and look like that. Is there anything else out there that feels good for a whole day but doesn't look like that?

I like a clean plain pair of white sneakers. It feels like summer here already in California. I wore my white Air Force 1s this weekend, both days, and my feet are hurting and I'm thinking about looking for alternatives.
View Quote
look like.... what?

I remember when NB was a new brand and the cheapest of the tennis/street shoes.  I loved them.  I was AWFUL as a kid picking out shoes I liked.  Tried the NB on and picked them immediately.  I really don't understand how they became a meme/hate magnet.  Just the hate on popular stuff, or "Nickelback effect" I guess.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Those look uncomfortable.
View All Quotes
To the contrary. Some of the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. They've molded perfectly to my feet (took about a week or so, and wasn't pleasant). My feet are flat as hell, so shoes with great arch support are actually painful.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Iron Mike doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of his shoes.
View Quote
LMAO!  Yep.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I went old school.

Link Posted: 3/19/2019 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Mike Tyson the rapist?
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#19]
New Balance tried to break into the skateboard shoe market 5 or so years ago. I have no idea if it went anywhere or what.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#20]
NB is popular with old women sporting mustaches as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Let the haters hate. Good comfortable shoes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LMAO!  Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Iron Mike doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of his shoes.
LMAO!  Yep.
One year at SHOT, while I was wondering around the Smith and Wesson booth, I glanced down and noticed the guy next to me had on pink Nikes. Fucking bright pink.

Of course I have to wonder what kind of maricon wears pink shoes, and, well, it was Chuck Liddell.

He too can wear whatever he damn well pleases.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#23]
You f...kers are all wrong. Nike flex, the most comfortable tennis shoe you will ever wear.

Link Posted: 3/19/2019 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#24]
NB doesn’t make a shoe to fit my foot.  Nike and Puma do.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 4:08:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Hard to take advise from a guy who drives a little two door car and his wife drives a full-size pickup
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$375 boots better be comfortable

Of course they don't make them in my size
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 4:36:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
To the contrary. Some of the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. They've molded perfectly to my feet (took about a week or so, and wasn't pleasant). My feet are flat as hell, so shoes with great arch support are actually painful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Shoes with good arch support may initially be painful, but given the proper break in period, over a couple of weeks and switching out shoes when the new ones become uncomfortable while gradually building up tolerance to the new shoes, would actually be beneficial in the long run for the vast majority of people.  If you aren't used to having an arch support, it will initially be uncomfortable and cause foot fatigue as the muscles in the foot and lower leg adapt, hence being able to switch between your normal shoes and something with a more rigid support.  In the long run though, most people would benefit from having a more rigid shoe that is supportive.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 4:39:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
NB doesn’t make a shoe to fit my foot.  Nike and Puma do.
View Quote
New Balance is generally wider and has a heel counter for people that tend to strike on the outside of the heel.  Nike and Puma are narrower.  It all depends on your foot structure in my experience.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#29]
The countdown is on until the OP "evolves" into these....

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've had my 1000 Mile for almost two years.  I wear them a lot.  They're no where near as comfortable as running shoes for casual wear.  I have a pair of small batch Georgia Boots that are more comfortable than my 1000 Mile.  
I love the Wolverine's and hope they last me a very long time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is a 10.5D petite now?

12EEE here
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The countdown is on until the OP "evolves" into these....

https://www.orthoticshop.com/images/magictoolbox_cache/5d599ff3f9afd17d2a191ee4d861bf84/4/9/4981/thumb600x500/1295899062/Drew_Journey_Bone-Bone-St.jpg
View Quote
As an old geezer I still found that funny. Dad shoes to old man shoes is a slippery slope.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#33]
We should all be so lucky.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#34]
you can lay down some serious lap times in the mall with those bad boys.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
New Balance is generally wider and has a heel counter for people that tend to strike on the outside of the heel.  Nike and Puma are narrower.  It all depends on your foot structure in my experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NB doesn't make a shoe to fit my foot.  Nike and Puma do.
Yeah, I've never found a Nike shoes that's comfortable. I like hoka one ones, Altra, and keen boots if I need boots.

And new balance. They used to be the shoe of choice at the hospital but they discontinued that style. I recently discovered a new style, a "trail hiking" shoe that is very comfortable. I just got another pair that I ordered inspired by this thread and wore them on a 2.7 mile dogwalk right out of the box. I still have them on. No break in required.

I got a pricey pair of Altra trail shoes that I can't wear. This particular style (timp) has an asymmetrical lacing pattern that made the top of my foot hurt. At first it took a mile or so, then a few hundred yards, then all I had to do was put them on. I still like that brand but that style doesn't work for me.

There is a new balance outlet nearby, I need to visit it to see if there are some trail shoes I might like. My hokas are really comfortable but I prefer a little more support on uneven ground.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Going to relax, finish my coffee and head to the mall for an H Mart run and that new pair of New Balance. This thread has been inspiring.

https://popcultureparables.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/haters_gif.gif
View Quote
I’m going to borrow that, thank you
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I just bought a pair of NB 890v6 running shoes for running. Am I not cool now?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm going to borrow that, thank you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Going to relax, finish my coffee and head to the mall for an H Mart run and that new pair of New Balance. This thread has been inspiring.

https://popcultureparables.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/haters_gif.gif
I'm going to borrow that, thank you
Likewise.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've got a very clear picture of what an ARFCOM meet up would look like
View Quote
Mostly 40 to 50 yr olds that dress like 80 yr olds?
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top