Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2012 7:27:10 PM EDT
Why am I being force fed this crap?  I am tired of it.
Why is everyone in the nfl required to wear pink?  Do we really need breast awareness month?
I have been aware of breasts for quite some time now.  Since about birth i guess.  & I am also aware sometimes boobs
and other things get cancer too.

I do not know how much money it takes to rent the nfl refs, coaches, players and others out for a month, but I'm sure it is expensive.
I believe that the funds would be better utilized finding a cure to the ailment instead of force feeding me this nfl in pink crap.

Why doesn't the nfl have the red ribbon(aids) month or the rainbow(ghey) ribbon, or any ribbons for the other fill in the f-ing _____ history months?

& what color will the ribbons be for colon, prostate, pancreatic, brain, lung cancer or for ____ history month in the nfl?

How will we fit all all of these into one nfl season?  

Espn fired Hank Jr.  F Espn.

No more school of hard knocks.  Don't want any player to get hit too hard .

Players don't have to sell suits or used cars in the off season to make ends meet.  They are all overpaid broke addicted crybabies
that do not refuse to wear a pink ribbon, pink shoes, pink jersey, panties, ect..  

http://www.nfl.com/pink

I think the cheerleaders should wear pink pasties.  That would be just about right.

Goodby NFL I'm tired.   ( Pink icon)

That is all.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
U mad your team lost?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely unnecessary thread: check

Oh and a 0/10 on your rant. I'm glad the NFL raises awareness for breast cancer. A lot of players make big donations too.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
U mad your team lost?

LOL

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree. Celebrating titty cancer just seems wrong.

OP, start a boycott or something, the rest of us will be along shortly.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
U mad your team lost?

LOL

Lol at Romo's 5th interception

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
What - the - fuck - ever.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I want your life that this is so important out of everything else going on, that you would make a thread about it.

What's it like to live that privileged of a life?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh and a 0/10 on your rant. I'm glad the NFL raises awareness for breast cancer. A lot of players make big donations too.

x2
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Why am I being force fed this crap? I am tired of it.

Why is everyone in the nfl required to wear pink? Do we really need breast awareness month?

I have been aware of breasts for quite some time now. Since about birth i guess. & I am also aware sometimes boobs

and other things get cancer too.

I do not know how much money it takes to rent the nfl refs, coaches, players and others out for a month, but I'm sure it is expensive.

I believe that the funds would be better utilized finding a cure to the ailment instead of force feeding me this nfl in pink crap.

Why doesn't the nfl have the red ribbon(aids) month or the rainbow(ghey) ribbon, or any ribbons for the other fill in the f-ing _____ history months?

& what color will the ribbons be for colon, prostate, pancreatic, brain, lung cancer or for ____ history month in the nfl?

How will we fit all all of these into one nfl season?

Espn fired Hank Jr. F Espn.

No more school of hard knocks. Don't want any player to get hit too hard .

Players don't have to sell suits or used cars in the off season to make ends meet. They are all overpaid broke addicted crybabies

that do not refuse to wear a pink ribbon, pink shoes, pink jersey, panties, ect..

http://www.nfl.com/pink

I think the cheerleaders should wear pink pasties. That would be just about right.

Goodby NFL I'm tired. ( Pink icon)

That is all.

Does the color pink scare you? Does it strain your eyes when you look at the TV screen? Sounds like someone needs to man up...

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
The B.C. society is the NFL's 'charity' and since October is national B.C. month and pink is the color, the NFL promotes it via 'apparel' for its teams.

If your empolyer expected you to wear a pink pin during October, you'd do it too, or you'd lose your job.

Not very difficult to understand.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Spend money to make money. But I think there are better avenues of funding than specifically breast cancer. Kinda narrow in scope.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I want your life that this is so important out of everything else going on, that you would make a thread about it.

What's it like to live that privileged of a life?

Welcome to GD, Newb.

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd guess colon cancer's ribbon would be brown
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#15]
The real reason is to market the NFL's pink apparel to women.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think its unfortunate how much attention breast cancer takes away from the other forms.

x2.

My grandma died of breast cancer, 20 years after it went into remission (I think that's the proper term?) the first time.  Aunts on both sides have had it.

Still, there's all sorts of cancers out there, and most of the proceeds of the "pink ribbon awareness campaign" ends up going to Komen...an org that most breast cancer survivors will tell you is a straight-up cash cow that many in the know won't support.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Im with the OP on this one.  Im sick of the whole Pink month thing in the NFL.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The real reason is to market the NFL's pink apparel to women.

We have a winner.

It's for a good cause so I'm cool with it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#19]
breast cancer kills fewer people than colon cancer. I don't see anyone lining up to strike a blow for colon awareness. the whole breast cancer shit is a charade, that money should be going elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

x2

I'm tired of this COMMERCIAL crap also...
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#21]
MLB should have this...

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I think the idea is to get the "why the heck are they all wearing pink" crowd to google and think/remind their wives about breast cancer. It's lame, but I see why they are doing it.

That said, topless cheerleaders would be more effective.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think the idea is to get the "why the heck are they all wearing pink" crowd to google and think/remind their wives about breast cancer. It's lame, but I see why they are doing it.

That said, topless cheerleaders would be more effective.

This.

If they hadn't commandeered the NFL would we be sitting around discussing breast cancer right now?

The GAME, OP... ya done lost it.  For all of us.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Sarcastiball
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think its unfortunate how much attention breast cancer takes away from the other forms.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I dont' mind it. It was a good reminder to feel my wife up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Exactly.  Breast cancer is no more tragic that any other form of cancer.

I can see having 1 week of pink NFL......but a whole fucking month of it?  Fuck that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Meh, I like breasts. I'm fine with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top